Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

something i thought id share

rachael89

I might need some help with this too. Well my mom has had an inhome daycare for about 9 years and we had this 9 year old girl and i was about 15 at the time the and we become pretty close friends and she started to always like follow me and copy me and she seemed like she just wanted eveyone to like her at first I got annoyed I didnt relize she was just looking up to me and when she turned 12 she didnt need to come to daycare anymore so we didnt see her anymore and shes about 15 now and I do have a myspace account specificly for telling people about Jesus my myspace profile is filled with things about God I used to not believe in myspace because theres not good things on there but then i was thinking all the more you should have a profile about Jesus so the people that dont know God may be able to find Him, so one day i found her on myspace I was looking at her profile it was a little wildish thats how I did imagined her to be and there obviously was nothing about Jesus so I decided to say hi and she remembered me and wrote back then a couple days later I went back to her profile and she had a big cross on her background and a bible verse and another picture of a cross and in her biography section she said I LOVE GOD! all that was after she saw my profile and the first thing I thought was it looked like she was trying to make me like her like she did when she was younger and even my sister says she thinks shes doing it to be liked by me and i think that even if its faking it its still an influence so i sent here a bible verse and she sent me one so i just thought that is really good and i think that God knowing that 3 years later she still really looks up to me put her back in my path so i was also wondering how do i begin to lead her to Jesus without her feeling like im puting it all in her face sorry i type so much any ideas would be greatly appreciated thanks God bless.

Thanks for sharing this. I also have a Myspace account that I spread the gospel of Christ with. It's awesome how God can take something bad and make it into a good thing. example: Paul

Well it's good that you're letting your light shine and it's good that she chose to follow you. Ask her if she's saved and then ask why she is saved? If she gives an answer like, I'm saved by the Grace of God or Jesus' Blood was a sacrifice for my sins, then maybe she is a true conversion. Or maybe I misunderstood you and she's not saved yet. If that is the case. Show her, her sins and make it clear that she needs to accept Jesus as her Savior and Lord. Show her these verses...

Tell her that God being love has to be just and punish sin.

Romans 3:23
"For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;" KJV

Romans 6:23
"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." KJV

Tell her what God did for her to be forgiven of her sins. Make sure you get in the death, burial and resurrection. Tell her what she must do to be saved, which is believe that Jesus died for her sins, was buried and rose again on the third day.

Romans 5:8
"But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." KJV

Romans 10:13
"For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." KJV

Romans 10:9
"That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." KJV

You can use more verses if you want, but I believe these verses are good when leading someone to the Lord. It is so important to give Bible verses because we are told in the Bible that faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God.

Romans 10:17
"So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." KJV

God Bless

That's fantastic funny you should mention this as I have just started up a Christian MySpace site works exactly like myspace we have a forum and we have myspace like profiles where you can use myspace layout codes etc etc.

Not sure if I can share the link on here so I wont but pm me if u want it and thats really great loving what your doing shining a little light into the darkness.

God Bless

Rick

Back