Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Stuck...

melodiq

I'm a 23 year old young lady who is just trying to do God's will. I've been with one guy for the past three years. He is a Christian just as I am. We've had many problems in our time together, but we always seemed to find our way back together. I love him so much, i've never felt such love for anyone else. I know he feels the same way. People who have observed our relationship have said that I can do better and he's not good for me. Recently, I moved from michigan to North carolina very unexpectedly. I was dealing with some depression and panic attacks so since my family moved here last year, i came here to be with them while i was dealing with this and decided to stay here. I pray and ask God to give me direction and certainty in the way i should go. Before i left, things were going really well between my boyfriend and I. But I'm here now, and I have opportunities here that I didn't have in michigan to start my Gospel music career. So I feel like God wants me to be here, but at the same time, while talking to my guy, i feel such a void not having him with me. Needless to say, if i stay where I'm at, it wont work for us. I'm stuck in trying to decide if I should move back to Michigan or if i should stay here. I just want to do what God wants me to do, and as much as i study and pray, I don't know what that is. I love my boyfriend and feel like if i don't go back to michigan, i'll always wonder what could have happend for us if i did. I just don't know what to do.

I do not like to see the big zero for no replies to a post.

You may never come back to read this, but this is how I feel.

If GOD means that you both should be together, I believe that HE will find a way.

On the other hand, perhaps the move was to get you apart, because this relationship may not be HIS will.

If I was your boyfriend, and truly loved you, I would move to where ever you are, get a job, and ask you to marry. If he is being prevented from this, then perhaps this is also GOD's will.

If I were you I would pray for GOD's will and not my own, as this is where you will prosper.

MAY GOD'S WILL BE DONE.

Dave :^>

all u can do really, is pray an find out if ti is Gods will for u 2 2 b together.. if it isnt then it will become obvious, things wont go the way u want them 2 go etc etc.. ive been in the same kind of situation, tho wif different circumstances... but both eways, u need 2 pray 2 God bout it, find out if it IS wot he wants, and go from thee.. yes, u may love him.. but then if i married evry guy i loved.. well, lets say id marry heaps a ppl... lol.. but yea, hope u c where im comin from.. an good luck

love ya!

God bless

Possible guidance found in scriptures...

Dear Melodig,

With some men I dearly loved with a longing; I found out that the scriptures actually guided me to stay away from them, and thus I adhered, and ended the pursuit of the relationship. At a young age without the knowledge of II Timothy 3: 1-7, I fell victim to too many heartbreaking relationships that were caught up in various cycles that pressed eventful periods of forgiveness on my part.

II Timothy 3: 1-7

This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

Traitors, heady, high-minded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: FROM SUCH TURN AWAY.

For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,

Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

Thus in my humble opinion, if these characteristics do not foster any difficulties in your relationship; the responses noted by others above appear quite adequate. If these characteristics represent troubled matters at hand; then you have the choice to be advised or not advised by the word of God, as to what to do.

With much hope, and prayer for your situation to be resolved,

CQ

All you can do!

i think that the only things that you can do at this point in time are... Pray to God about it...

but more advise woudl be. i htink that if things are going WELL for you where you are then you should stay there and see what happens if you do stop goign out wiht your guy then these things happen and there is not alot you can do to stop them when God is involved. but when it happens just pass it up to God and see what happens from there. i mean it kinda sounds hrash but at the moment if your making people happy doing Godly things then thats the best you can do. with your boyfriend were you doign Godly things or were you just cruzing alogn in life? if your goign tfor GOd with out him and makign ppl happy then God is what you need...... if you were forfillign both though when you were with your BF then i dunno. i am only a 17 year old my self.. but i have been through alot to do with Problems with Girls and God has been there the hole way... i luv him for it too... :):)

if i were to marry every one i love also Aimz i woudl be married to 3 ppl... but the funny thign is they were the Same person 3 times... LOL
so well i guess i cee where God is goign twith it... hopefully in a great way.. :):)

Love Simon!!!

Back