Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Switched On

Chad

Administrator
Staff Member
In him was life, and that life was the light of men. John 1:4

When I came inside, the house was pitch dark. I had forgotten to leave even the small table lamp on. Flicked the switch; no light. I wondered, “Is that bulb out again? It was just changed!”.

To be certain, I put in a new bulb. Wasn’t that. Maybe the plug wasn’t in the socket tight? Checked; no, it was intact. “The fuse box! Must be that.” Yup... I threw the switches, and voila! There was light.

The whole concept of light is very interesting. It is amazing that one tiny spark of light will dissipate darkness. In the Bible, in the first chapter of John, we read that John the Baptist was not THE light but one who came to bear witness to the light (Jesus). Then in Matthew 5 it says, “You are the light of the world... let your light shine before men, that they may... praise your Father in heaven.”

Yes, we are the light as well! And when our fuse boxes are functioning and our power supply active, our lights are clearly visible.

We can be as shiny and as pretty as everything, yet without Holy Spirit power we are being lit up under our own steam. How much more genuine and bright are our lights when we are switched on by THE power source of Light, the Holy Spirit?!

So stay “switched on” and “let your little light shine; let it shine, let it shine, let it shine”!

Chadi said:
In him was life, and that life was the light of men. John 1:4

When I came inside, the house was pitch dark. I had forgotten to leave even the small table lamp on. Flicked the switch; no light. I wondered, “Is that bulb out again? It was just changed!”.

To be certain, I put in a new bulb. Wasn’t that. Maybe the plug wasn’t in the socket tight? Checked; no, it was intact. “The fuse box! Must be that.” Yup... I threw the switches, and voila! There was light.

The whole concept of light is very interesting. It is amazing that one tiny spark of light will dissipate darkness. In the Bible, in the first chapter of John, we read that John the Baptist was not THE light but one who came to bear witness to the light (Jesus). Then in Matthew 5 it says, “You are the light of the world... let your light shine before men, that they may... praise your Father in heaven.”

Yes, we are the light as well! And when our fuse boxes are functioning and our power supply active, our lights are clearly visible.

We can be as shiny and as pretty as everything, yet without Holy Spirit power we are being lit up under our own steam. How much more genuine and bright are our lights when we are switched on by THE power source of Light, the Holy Spirit?!

So stay “switched on” and “let your little light shine; let it shine, let it shine, let it shine”!
This is so true, :) those of us who have the living water of Jesus inside us are indeed the lights that shine into the darkness of the world around us.
With the power of Jesus working inside us, how can we hide that light ?
We are commissioned to shine the light of His love , His word , to all..
May all who are willing to see , truly come into His marvalous light.
May we all be willing servants of our Saviour Christ Jesus.

Back