Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

teenage dilemas!!

confused37

arhh being a teenager can be tough..
im finding it hard to not be tempted by things.. e.g. relationships and alcohol..n all that jazz

um i was wondering if any of u guys had any advice?..
i hav no christian freinds so the people i hang out with dont make the decisions that are obviously christian ssoo um its hard when all your freinds r doing things.. if u get what i mean..
i mean sometimes i think cant i just hold of being a christian untill im older and dont hav as much temptations? i dunno...
i guess thats not an option..
i also dont want to miss out on the good times that teenagers have.. parties n stuff.. i guess being a christian wld make me feel guilty..
hmmm.. i dont know..

Last edited:
Hello Confused

God bless you. Unfortunately it doesn't matter what age you are there is always temptation and I am 46. Plus it is not advisable to put off being a Christian for we never know the day or the hour of His return and may I be bold to say - even our deaths.

Why the delay? Jesus loves you and is knocking at the door of your heart. So just open the door and let Him in. He has so much to show you.

Love,
Snowrose

I feel you on your dilemma, I'm going through the same thing. But, basically, you have to put God first. Focus on doing things that please God. Get into his Word and pray. Pray for help, or pray for christian friends.

here's something someone sent me about non christian friends, it was a Q and A thing in the back of his bible

Q: I've been a Christian about 9 months. Although I have made a lot of friends who are Christians, I still have quite a few who aren't. Should I still be hanging out with friends who aren't Christians?

A: Find a quarter and 2 pennies. Place the quarter on a table. Put the 2 pennies about 5 inches below the quarter, 1 inch apart. Now, pretend God is the quarter, you are the penny on the left, and your friend is the penny on the right. As you grow closer to God (move your penny up an inch or 2), what happens to the distance between you and your friend? It gets wider! When only one person in a friendship moves closer to God, that's what happens to the relationship automatically!

There are degrees in friendships and stages we go through to make them stronger. But all friendships take time and our closest friends affect us. Think about the friends you used to hang around with. You probably did the same things, used the same slang, laughed at the same type of jokes, etc.

Hanging around with old friends who aren't Christians will probably not help you become a stronger Christian. That's what 2 Corinthians 6:14 (Don't team up with those who are unbelievers. How can goodness be a partner with wickedness? How can light live with darkness? ) is about. If you spend all of your deeper friendship time with unbelievers, you'll tend to become like them and not move closer to God.

However, God doesn't want you to be totally isolated from those who aren't Christians. In fact, if you get to the point where you don't have any non-Christian friends, you're probably doing something wrong. If you're going to be Christ's representative to those who don't know him (see 2 Corinthians 5:18-20 [All this newness of life is from God, who brought us back to himself through what Christ did. And God has given us the task of reconciling people to him. For God was in Christ, reconciling the world to himself, no longer counting people's sins against them. This is the wonderful message he has given us to tell others. We are Christ's ambassadors, and God is using us to speak to you. We urge you, as though Christ himself were here pleading with you, "Be reconciled to God!"]), you have to be around them! Just be careful, and remember that your goal is to point them to Christ.

"He who walks with wise men will be wise, but the companion of fools will be destroyed" (Proverbs 13:20). Especially in the early stages of your Christian life, you need to be around people who will be your friends and help you grow spiritually at the same time.

I would like to say I understand how you feel because it is hard being around abunch of people who don't understand the need to do what is right because its right. I mean I feel you its hard. But what I tell myself when surrounded by people who don't believe is that God is using me as an example and the love that I have for God pulls me through I know this dude that is 25 and he says one of the reasons he is saved is because this dude in his high school was saved and had no one but unsaved friends. But girls broke up with him because he was the one boy in school who would not have sex or listen to the same kinds of music but he was cool and he was saved and that help my 25 yr. old friend and guess what you may be that to someone else be strong in the Lord and the power of his might

Hey Confused37! I'm really glad to meet you and I'm so thrilled you came to TalkJesus. I definitely understand where you're coming from. It's really hard to be a Christian when no one else around you seems to be one. Trust me, I've had experience! Just know you're never alone, Jesus has promised to never leave you nor forsake you. He walks through the school doors with you each morning, he's with you every step, for he will never leave you. You may not have any Christian friends where you live, but may I be considered one of your Christian friends? I'm sure there's many at TalkJesus who'd loved to be considered as your Christian friends.

As you grow closer to Jesus, you begin wanting to become more and more like him. Trust me, you're not the only one with these temptations! Every teenager and Christian faces them. By going with your conscience and doing what is right, you're not missing out on all that life can give you. Drinking can lead to a lot of bad things- it's anything but fun! Drugs can lead to a lot of bad things- sex can lead you to a lot of bad things.

God doesn't want to keep you from finding joy and happiness- he wants you to live your life to the fullest. What he does want to keep you from is the danger and pain he sees that can happen. He wants to be your shepherd- to guard and guide you to green pastures, and to lead you past the dark caves. Remember, you are in the world, but not of the world. Remember that Jesus loves and cares for you, and he wants the best for you in life, and he knows what's best for you.

If you ever need prayer, need to talk, or anything, please PM me.
Forever your sister and friend in Christ,
Sissy J.

Back