Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

teenaged step-son

sarah_kuving

This week I walked in on the neighbor girl performing oral sex on my step-son, I kicked her out and banned her from coming over. I'm so angry at him for letting her do that, how can I dicsapline him without making him embarrassed?

With you being a single mother to your stepson, that makes it more difficult and awkward, as you well know. I looked at your homepage and saw that you are a youth leader at your church. Right now you are probably horrified, apprehensive and embarrassed-- at least that is how I would probably feel if I were in your shoes.

First of all, I'm wanting to remind you that it is not your fault. Your son chose to allow this to happen and participated on his own choice even though he most likely knows it is wrong. You had no control over this.

Confronting him is not going to be easy. I know I'm saying obvious things...I guess I'm trying to empathize with you. Praying with you is better.

Dear Father, I love you and sarah clearly does too. I lift her up right now and ask that you comfort her and fill her full of peace, wisdom and your truth. I lift up her stepson and pray that you would send him your word...that he would be convicted of this thing...that he may even come to him mom and bring this up first so that she won't have to. Let your will be done in this whole matter, Lord. We love you so much and praise You, in Jesus name, Amen.

Back