Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

The Second Coming

PaulB

THE SECOND COMING --- Among christians, there is a lot of discussion about THE SECOND COMING. Why? Where? When? How? The big question is, WHO is going to welcome THE SECOND COMING? Would it be the Western and/or Eastern Catholics, the Athesit, the Mormons, the Jehovah Wittness, the Amish, the Quackers? the Baptists, the Seven Day Advents, the Pentecostals, the Anglicans, the Mennonites, the Faith and/or Trinity Lutherns, the Hutterites, and the list goes on and on? Are the Jewish people going to welcome THE SECOND COMING? What about the people of all the other religions of the world, are they going to welcome THE SECOND COMING? Who is going to welcome THE SECOND COMING? Are the religious of any religion, denomination or sects going to welcome THE SECOND COMING? What about the kings of the earth and their armies? THE FIRST COMING ---> JESUS was not received very kindly by the religious and powerful of his day. WHO is going to welcome the King of THE SECOND COMING?

THE SECOND COMING is He that overcometh, the man child, the Lamb, the King to come, and HIM that sitteth upon the throne, who is JESUS, the ALPHA and OMEGA. "Blessing, and honour, and power to be unto HIM that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever." ( Rev. 5:13 ) "--- Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb. ( Rev. 7:10 ) JESUS said, "Ye shall NOT SEE ME henceforth, till ye shall say, "Blessed is He that cometh in the name of the LORD."(Matt.23:39). The King to come had a name written, that no man knew, but He himself.

JESUS introduced himself to John with his new name saying, "I am ALPHA AND OMEGA, the beginning and the ending" , saith the Lord, which is and which was, and which is to come, THE ALMIGHTY." ( Rev. 1:8 ). Since JESUS went to his FATHER, JESUS was given his new name, which is ALPHA and OMEGA, because HE overcame, HE was granted to be THE ALMIGHTY by His FATHER as ONE. Also, because JESUS went to his FATHER, the HOLY GHOST, which is the power and authority from his FATHER, is in JESUS' new name. Before JESUS went to the FATHER, JESUS was The Christ, the Lamb on earth, but since JESUS went to his FATHER, HE was and is no longer The Christ, but is THE ALMIGHTY, the granted position, from His FATHER, GOD ALMIGHTY.

--- ( 'The Christ' ---> the anointed one, the Greek name for Messiah; primarily the name of an office, such as the Son of God , the Saviour, the Comforter, the Lamb, and etc.)

In the first three chapters of the Revelation to John, JESUS, the ALPHA and OMEGA spoke to John about Him that overcometh, who is the Lamb of THE SECOND COMING, then John wept because no man was found worthy to open, and to read the book. But one of the elders said to John, Weep not: --- in the midst of the throne, --- stood a Lamb as it had been slain, --- He ( the Lamb) came and took the book out of the right hand of HIM that sat upon the throne." ( Rev.5:2-7 ) HIM that sat upon the throne is JESUS, the ALPHA and OMEGA, and the Lamb who is Him that overcometh, the man child, the King to come, who shall rule all nations with a rod of iron.

John said, "I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, Who is worthy to open the book, --- I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open, and to read the book, --- one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: --- in the midst of the throne, --- stood a Lamb as it had been slain, --- He ( the Lamb) came and took the book out of the right hand of HIM that sat upon the throne." ( Rev.5:2-7 ) HIM that sat upon the throne is JESUS, the ALPHA and OMEGA. Also John said, every creatrue which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, "Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto HIM that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever."( Rev.5:13 ) JESUS, the ALPHA and OMEGA, THE ALMIGHTY was the Lamb in the time of THE FIRST COMING, but in the time of THE SECOND COMING the Lamb is Him that overcometh, the One that will be given power over the nations, and He had a name written, that no man knew, but He himself. JESUS, the ALPHA and OMEGA said, "To Him that overcometh, will I grant to sit with ME in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my FATHER in his throne."

Before JESUS went to the FATHER, HE said, "I will pray the FATHER, and He shall give you another comforter, that He may abide with you forever;" ( John 14:16 ), JESUS said, "The Comforter is the HOLY GHOST, whom the FATHER will send in my name." --- "because I go to my FATHER, and ye SEE ME NO MORE". ( John 16:7-11 ), --- "Ye shall NOT SEE ME henceforth, till ye shall say, "Blessed is He that cometh in the name of the LORD."(Matt.23:39).

JESUS, the ALPHA and OMEGA, the FATHER of Him that overcometh, shall be seen in the same manner as when JESUS explained to Philip, in John 14:8-11. Philip asked JESUS, "Show us the FATHER". JESUS answered, "he that hath seen the ME hath seen the FATHER; --- Believe me that I am in the FATHER, and the FATHER is me: ---". As the FATHER was in JESUS, The Christ, so shall JESUS, the ALPHA and OMEGA come in to Him that overcometh who shall rule all nations with a rod of iron. ---> "I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me." ( Rev.3:20-21 )

In the Revelation of John, JESUS with the name ALPHA and OMEGA, which is JESUS' new name, spoke and revealed to John about the King to come ( Rev.19:12-16 ), who is Him that overcometh ( Rev. 2:26-27 ), the man child ( Rev. 12:5 ), the Lamb ( Rev. 17:14 ), his Son ( Rev. 21:7 ). Also JESUS spoke about the Son of Man, the King to come in the gospels, ( Matt. 25:31-46 ).

JESUS, the ALPHA and OMEGA said, "He that overcometh, --- , to Him will I give power over the nations: and He shall rule them with a rod of iron; ---: even as I received of my FATHER. ( Rev. 2:26-27 )
---> Him that overcometh shall rule them with a rod of iron (Rev. 2:26-27)
---> The man child shall rule all nations with a rod of iron (Rev. 12:5).
---> The King to come shall rule them with a rod of iron: (Rev.19:12-16).
---> "He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be HIS GOD, and he shall be MY SON."-( Rev. 21:7 ). As you can see here, He that overcometh is the SON of JESUS, the ALPHA and OMEGA, who also is the man child, the King to come, who shall rule all nations with a rod of iron, which is THE SECOND COMING.

JESUS, the ALPHA and OMEGA said "He that overcometh, will I grant to sit with ME in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my FATHER in his throne."( Rev. 3:21 ).

JESUS was the FIRST to overcome the beast, Satan, since the world began, --- and He that overcometh, the man child, the King to come, is the SECOND to overcome, as JESUS overcame. He that overcometh will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: He shall testify of JESUS and glorify JESUS. He shall sit upon the throne of his glory, And before Him shall be gathered all nations; and He shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats. He shall be given power over the nations: and He shall rule them with a rod of iron; ---: even as JESUS received of His FATHER.

JESUS said, " I will pray the FATHER, and He shall give you another comforter , that He may abide with you forever;" ( John 14:16 ). --- "But when the comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the FATHER, even the Spirit of Truth, which proceedeth from the FATHER, He shall testify of ME.( John 15:26 )

He will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

Of Sin, because they believe not on ME;
Of Righteousness, because I go to my FATHER, and ye SEE ME NO MORE.
Of Judgment, because the Prince of this world is judged." ( John 16:7-11 )

JESUS said, "He shall testify of ME." ( John 15:26). --- "Nevertheless I tell you; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send Him unto you."

JESUS said, "He shall glorify ME: for He shall receive of mine, and the FATHER hath are mine: therefore said I, that He shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you." ( John 16:14-15 ).

JESUS, the ALPHA and OMEGA said to John, He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his GOD, and he shall be my Son." ( Rev. 21:7 ). He that overcometh, the man child, the Son of Man, the Lamb, the King to come is the Son of JESUS, the ALPHA and OMEGA, THE ALMIGHTY.

Only JESUS, the ALPHA and OMEGA, and He that overcometh knows the names that are written upon Him that overcometh,
---"will I make A PILLAR in the temple of my GOD, and he shall go no more out: ---> ( the PILLAR in THE PEACE COUNTRY )
---"and I will write upon Him the name of my GOD, ---> ( THE WORD OF GOD - Rev. 19:13 )
---"and I will write upon Him the name of the city of my GOD, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my GOD: ---> ( the NEW HOLY CITY to be --- the Greatest Place to be, which is in THE PEACE COUNTRY )
---"and I will write upon Him MY new name." ---> ( ALPHA and OMEGA, THE ALMIGHTY )

Who shall inherit the kingdom to come? For those who want to inherit the kingdom to come, it is of the greatest importants to know first of what is required. Then comes the doing of what is required, to inherit the kingdom to come. It is written in Matt.25:31-46, who shall, and who shall not inherit the kingdom to come. READ IT CAREFULLY, it is The Word of God. What is required is to allow LOVE TO RULE. JESUS said, "Wherefore by their fruits you shall know them." JESUS said; " why call me LORD, LORD, and do not the things which I say?

About those that do not welcome THE SECOND COMING, "--- hide us from the face of HIM that sitteth upon the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb. For the great day of his wrath is come: and who shall be able to stand?

About those that welcome THE SECOND COMING, --- JESUS said, "Ye shall NOT SEE ME henceforth, till ye shall say, "Blessed is He that cometh in the name of the LORD."(Matt.23:39). --- Rev 6:17 and Rev.7:1-12 ---> "--- a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, --- and cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.

FREEWILL? --- to do, or not to do the will of JESUS is one's own choice and consequence. Life eternal or everlasting punishment.(Matt.25:31-46)

My FATHER, JESUS, the ALPHA and OMEGA., THE ALMIGHTY said, "BEHOLD, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. ( Rev.22:12 )

"Come you blessed of my FATHER, inherit the kingdom to come".

Peace be with you, Paul

An excellent read. Thank you Paul. God Bless you!

Jesus gives answer...

"Once, having been asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, Jesus replied, "The kingdom of God does not come with your careful observation, nor will people say, 'Here it is,' or 'There it is,' because the kingdom of God is within[1] you." -Luke 17

But why listen to Jesus? People like Brother Camping and other bible experts know BETTER.

Incidentally, there's a book out called "The Second Coming." I have not read it, but I would like to some day.

[edited by admin]

Last edited by a moderator:
Please keep in mind that this is a Christian messageboard to praise and worship Jesus not to try to persuade anyone "why listen to Jesus" and recommend false prophecy. You know nothing enough abut Bible but enough about Camping. You clearly listen to men instead of GOD Himself.

I suggest you open your mind to true wisdom from Jesus Christ not from some other human being named Camping.

Misunderstanding

Chad, nice new look for the board. However, here's an good example of one of the major drawbacks or flaws of message boards - complete misunderstanding . I was being sarcastic when I wrote "Why listen to Jesus? ...bible experts like Camping know better." I thought you or anyone would easily pick up on this due to my previous thread about a radio bible guy named Harold Camping. I strongly criticized him (or at least analyzed negatively from what I know about him).

If you go back and read my post, the subject line reads "Jesus answers" meaning JESUS HAS THE ANSWER, then I procede quoting from the bible when Jesus answers when will the kingdom of God (or Second Coming) come. I admit I don't spend much time reading the bible, but you completely misunderstood me.

As far as me recommending some false prophecy (by providing a link), in all fairness, you know nothing or very little about it (since you have not read or studied it - I'm guessing ).

Hey man, it appears like you are very mature and professional about creating & managing websites (I applaud your effort ), but not as mature about being able to deal with different (but closely related) religious perspectives (and every individual & member here has one) so it's bound to happen that people will post ideas that are different from yours, that are beyond your religious parameters or tolerance level (yet still about Jesus).

I respect that this is a Christain community, and that is why all or most of my posts have centered on Jesus Christ in one way or another. Although you've done some very nice things (the board is both functional and well designed), there has not been much activity since I've come here, so I've been trying to post some messages to get minds working (but not getting angry). Anyway, good luck with the site. I hope you understand me better now?

Thank you for your response. I had a gut feeling that maybe I misundestood but due to some past experiences with other people it made me feel like it was more on the troublesome side. I was not aware that you were basically joking around about Camping. I apologize and forgive me. I've been very busy lately so I don't recall reading your other posts (not that I remember on the top of my head). I am sure you are fine and all. Feel free to post that link again as of course I do not remember it.

Once again, just a misunderstanding. BTW, thanks for being active! :)

re: misunderstanding

That's cool, it happens. Instead of wine, if Jesus would have turned water into beer, then his brand would be the true King of beers. Cheers!:beer:

Having Faith As A Grain Of Mustard Seed

BLESSED be to my King Lord Jesus,by faith I am saved by grace.I can not understand any one not beliving that there is a God, our heavenly Father who gives of him self whithout regeat so we can come to know him as Lord and Savory.I know that sometimes I dont know why things are the way thay are but I know that in the long run God works things out for my good .It is not allways easy to keepon keeping on holding on to my faith in God. All i need to do is think back to other times when God would bring me out of difficult times and i would understand more about Having Faith as a Grain of Mustard Seed.

I think on any message Board one can be easily misunderstood. As family members in the body of Christ we should seek the truth. It is nice to read that when you have made a mistake Chad you took responsibility & apologized and asked for forgiveness, this is an example of how we must accept & relate to one another. It is so easy to become upset & not clarify what one meant & walk away angry. We are the body of Christ above anything else. Redpurusha keep making us think, you have interesting things to say. God Bless.
Michele

PaulB said:
THE SECOND COMING --- Among christians, there is a lot of discussion about THE SECOND COMING. Why? Where? When? How? The big question is, WHO is going to welcome THE SECOND COMING? Would it be the Western and/or Eastern Catholics, the Athesit, the Mormons, the Jehovah Wittness, the Amish, the Quackers? the Baptists, the Seven Day Advents, the Pentecostals, the Anglicans, the Mennonites, the Faith and/or Trinity Lutherns, the Hutterites, and the list goes on and on? Are the Jewish people going to welcome THE SECOND COMING? What about the people of all the other religions of the world, are they going to welcome THE SECOND COMING? Who is going to welcome THE SECOND COMING? Are the religious of any religion, denomination or sects going to welcome THE SECOND COMING? What about the kings of the earth and their armies? THE FIRST COMING ---> JESUS was not received very kindly by the religious and powerful of his day. WHO is going to welcome the King of THE SECOND COMING?

THE SECOND COMING is He that overcometh, the man child, the Lamb, the King to come, and HIM that sitteth upon the throne, who is JESUS, the ALPHA and OMEGA. "Blessing, and honour, and power to be unto HIM that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever." ( Rev. 5:13 ) "--- Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb. ( Rev. 7:10 ) JESUS said, "Ye shall NOT SEE ME henceforth, till ye shall say, "Blessed is He that cometh in the name of the LORD."(Matt.23:39). The King to come had a name written, that no man knew, but He himself.

JESUS introduced himself to John with his new name saying, "I am ALPHA AND OMEGA, the beginning and the ending" , saith the Lord, which is and which was, and which is to come, THE ALMIGHTY." ( Rev. 1:8 ). Since JESUS went to his FATHER, JESUS was given his new name, which is ALPHA and OMEGA, because HE overcame, HE was granted to be THE ALMIGHTY by His FATHER as ONE. Also, because JESUS went to his FATHER, the HOLY GHOST, which is the power and authority from his FATHER, is in JESUS' new name. Before JESUS went to the FATHER, JESUS was The Christ, the Lamb on earth, but since JESUS went to his FATHER, HE was and is no longer The Christ, but is THE ALMIGHTY, the granted position, from His FATHER, GOD ALMIGHTY.

--- ( 'The Christ' ---> the anointed one, the Greek name for Messiah; primarily the name of an office, such as the Son of God , the Saviour, the Comforter, the Lamb, and etc.)

In the first three chapters of the Revelation to John, JESUS, the ALPHA and OMEGA spoke to John about Him that overcometh, who is the Lamb of THE SECOND COMING, then John wept because no man was found worthy to open, and to read the book. But one of the elders said to John, Weep not: --- in the midst of the throne, --- stood a Lamb as it had been slain, --- He ( the Lamb) came and took the book out of the right hand of HIM that sat upon the throne." ( Rev.5:2-7 ) HIM that sat upon the throne is JESUS, the ALPHA and OMEGA, and the Lamb who is Him that overcometh, the man child, the King to come, who shall rule all nations with a rod of iron.

John said, "I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, Who is worthy to open the book, --- I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open, and to read the book, --- one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: --- in the midst of the throne, --- stood a Lamb as it had been slain, --- He ( the Lamb) came and took the book out of the right hand of HIM that sat upon the throne." ( Rev.5:2-7 ) HIM that sat upon the throne is JESUS, the ALPHA and OMEGA. Also John said, every creatrue which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, "Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto HIM that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever."( Rev.5:13 ) JESUS, the ALPHA and OMEGA, THE ALMIGHTY was the Lamb in the time of THE FIRST COMING, but in the time of THE SECOND COMING the Lamb is Him that overcometh, the One that will be given power over the nations, and He had a name written, that no man knew, but He himself. JESUS, the ALPHA and OMEGA said, "To Him that overcometh, will I grant to sit with ME in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my FATHER in his throne."

Before JESUS went to the FATHER, HE said, "I will pray the FATHER, and He shall give you another comforter, that He may abide with you forever;" ( John 14:16 ), JESUS said, "The Comforter is the HOLY GHOST, whom the FATHER will send in my name." --- "because I go to my FATHER, and ye SEE ME NO MORE". ( John 16:7-11 ), --- "Ye shall NOT SEE ME henceforth, till ye shall say, "Blessed is He that cometh in the name of the LORD."(Matt.23:39).

JESUS, the ALPHA and OMEGA, the FATHER of Him that overcometh, shall be seen in the same manner as when JESUS explained to Philip, in John 14:8-11. Philip asked JESUS, "Show us the FATHER". JESUS answered, "he that hath seen the ME hath seen the FATHER; --- Believe me that I am in the FATHER, and the FATHER is me: ---". As the FATHER was in JESUS, The Christ, so shall JESUS, the ALPHA and OMEGA come in to Him that overcometh who shall rule all nations with a rod of iron. ---> "I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me." ( Rev.3:20-21 )

In the Revelation of John, JESUS with the name ALPHA and OMEGA, which is JESUS' new name, spoke and revealed to John about the King to come ( Rev.19:12-16 ), who is Him that overcometh ( Rev. 2:26-27 ), the man child ( Rev. 12:5 ), the Lamb ( Rev. 17:14 ), his Son ( Rev. 21:7 ). Also JESUS spoke about the Son of Man, the King to come in the gospels, ( Matt. 25:31-46 ).

JESUS, the ALPHA and OMEGA said, "He that overcometh, --- , to Him will I give power over the nations: and He shall rule them with a rod of iron; ---: even as I received of my FATHER. ( Rev. 2:26-27 )
---> Him that overcometh shall rule them with a rod of iron (Rev. 2:26-27)
---> The man child shall rule all nations with a rod of iron (Rev. 12:5).
---> The King to come shall rule them with a rod of iron: (Rev.19:12-16).
---> "He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be HIS GOD, and he shall be MY SON."-( Rev. 21:7 ). As you can see here, He that overcometh is the SON of JESUS, the ALPHA and OMEGA, who also is the man child, the King to come, who shall rule all nations with a rod of iron, which is THE SECOND COMING.

JESUS, the ALPHA and OMEGA said "He that overcometh, will I grant to sit with ME in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my FATHER in his throne."( Rev. 3:21 ).

JESUS was the FIRST to overcome the beast, Satan, since the world began, --- and He that overcometh, the man child, the King to come, is the SECOND to overcome, as JESUS overcame. He that overcometh will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: He shall testify of JESUS and glorify JESUS. He shall sit upon the throne of his glory, And before Him shall be gathered all nations; and He shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats. He shall be given power over the nations: and He shall rule them with a rod of iron; ---: even as JESUS received of His FATHER.

JESUS said, " I will pray the FATHER, and He shall give you another comforter , that He may abide with you forever;" ( John 14:16 ). --- "But when the comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the FATHER, even the Spirit of Truth, which proceedeth from the FATHER, He shall testify of ME.( John 15:26 )

He will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

Of Sin, because they believe not on ME;
Of Righteousness, because I go to my FATHER, and ye SEE ME NO MORE.
Of Judgment, because the Prince of this world is judged." ( John 16:7-11 )

JESUS said, "He shall testify of ME." ( John 15:26). --- "Nevertheless I tell you; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send Him unto you."

JESUS said, "He shall glorify ME: for He shall receive of mine, and the FATHER hath are mine: therefore said I, that He shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you." ( John 16:14-15 ).

JESUS, the ALPHA and OMEGA said to John, He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his GOD, and he shall be my Son." ( Rev. 21:7 ). He that overcometh, the man child, the Son of Man, the Lamb, the King to come is the Son of JESUS, the ALPHA and OMEGA, THE ALMIGHTY.

Only JESUS, the ALPHA and OMEGA, and He that overcometh knows the names that are written upon Him that overcometh,
---"will I make A PILLAR in the temple of my GOD, and he shall go no more out: ---> ( the PILLAR in THE PEACE COUNTRY )
---"and I will write upon Him the name of my GOD, ---> ( THE WORD OF GOD - Rev. 19:13 )
---"and I will write upon Him the name of the city of my GOD, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my GOD: ---> ( the NEW HOLY CITY to be --- the Greatest Place to be, which is in THE PEACE COUNTRY )
---"and I will write upon Him MY new name." ---> ( ALPHA and OMEGA, THE ALMIGHTY )

Who shall inherit the kingdom to come? For those who want to inherit the kingdom to come, it is of the greatest importants to know first of what is required. Then comes the doing of what is required, to inherit the kingdom to come. It is written in Matt.25:31-46, who shall, and who shall not inherit the kingdom to come. READ IT CAREFULLY, it is The Word of God. What is required is to allow LOVE TO RULE. JESUS said, "Wherefore by their fruits you shall know them." JESUS said; " why call me LORD, LORD, and do not the things which I say?

About those that do not welcome THE SECOND COMING, "--- hide us from the face of HIM that sitteth upon the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb. For the great day of his wrath is come: and who shall be able to stand?

About those that welcome THE SECOND COMING, --- JESUS said, "Ye shall NOT SEE ME henceforth, till ye shall say, "Blessed is He that cometh in the name of the LORD."(Matt.23:39). --- Rev 6:17 and Rev.7:1-12 ---> "--- a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, --- and cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.

FREEWILL? --- to do, or not to do the will of JESUS is one's own choice and consequence. Life eternal or everlasting punishment.(Matt.25:31-46)

My FATHER, JESUS, the ALPHA and OMEGA., THE ALMIGHTY said, "BEHOLD, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. ( Rev.22:12 )

"Come you blessed of my FATHER, inherit the kingdom to come".

Peace be with you, Paul
the pentecostals will for it was the apostle doctrine or whomever follows the apostles doctrine starting at acts 2:38

Fire Starter

Since I have a personal interest in eschatology (eskatos - Gr. end [things]), and consequently those things pertaining to the Second Coming, I would like to discuss agreements/disagreements on relevant issues. First, I think we have all heard that a conversation centered on the "end times" is ill advised because it is divisive and inconsequential. I would like to pre-empt that by noting several reasons that studying Biblical Eschatology is not only "advisable," but necessary. And it is the very reasons I have subsequently outlined that I would love to hear feedback/agreements/disagreements/further thought on.

(1) It's a significant part of the Word of God, and "all Scripture is profitable." Therefore, it is a matter of obedience.

(2) It's an encouragement for believers (cf. 1 Thess. 4:13, 18; 2 Cor. 5:1-10; Jn. 14:1-3)

(3) To refute false views (of things other than millennial views; however, there are certainly some dangerous eschatological persuasions that have encroached upon those ignorant of the Word) (cf. 2 Thess. 2:1-12)
  • In the time just before AD 1000 the church was in hysteria (remember AD 2000 anyone?) believing Christ would return.
  • It deadens the weak in Christ when He doesn't return, while it strengthens the strong in Christ. As 2 Thess 2:1-12 says, there must be two things preceding Christ's return: (1) The Great Apostasy and Antichrist - neither of which have been revealed.
  • In the 19th century, William Miller, a Baptist preacher, prophecied that Christ would return in 1843, then amended it to 1844. After that, he publicly apologized and returned to seclusion.
  • Ellen White, a follower of Miller, decided that Miller was just slightly inaccurate and introduced the doctrine of the "Heavenly Sanctuary" where in 1844, the Lord supposedly did return in a sense. This produced the 7th Day Adventists.
  • Jehova's Witnesses: Charles Russell and Judege Rutherford; In 1914 Russell announced that Christ's return was imminent, then again in 1918. Rutherford followed by announcing Christ was to return in 1925.
  • Gene Dixon said a man was born February 5, 1962 in the Middle East who was infinitely wicked but would rule the earth. Some Christians believed this was the antichrist. She believed he would exercise his power beginning in 1980 and take over the world by 1999. (Was his name Y2K? :))
  • Hal Lindsay predicted that Christ would return at the end of the forty year generation taht saw the restoration of Palestine (Daniel 9 and parable of the fig leaf). He assumed a gneration was forty years because in the OT, 40 years is approximately one generation. Palestine was restored in 1948.
  • Branch Davidians were centered around David Koresh who set dates. The assault on the Davidians by the police was thought (by the Davidians) would trigger the final days.
  • In 1989, Edgar Whizzenaut (sp?) wrote a book that predicted the Lord would return in 1989 - he was a NASA engineer. :)
(4) Eschatology is an exhortation to holy living. (cf. Mt. 24:42-51; 1 Thess. 5:5-28; Titus 2:13-15; 2 Pet. 3:3-18. You will notice that almost indefinitely there is an exhortation after the eschatological passage.
(5) Signs of the times (cf. Mt. 24 Olivet Discourse). There is to be a world government ruled by the anti-christ and a great world religion. Note that there is now a world council of churches that poses as a Christian body, but is not in fact. And, some speculate that 2 Peter 3:10-13 is a description of a nuclear holocaust.

So, there you have it. Five reasons to study eschatology. Ultimately, it is all for His glory and I know our conduct in subsequent conversations will be mutually respectful, edifying and a search for Divine truth. God bless you all!

Chirst always says look for the signs. I feel that it is going to get bad. Some country will shoot a nuclear bomb. Then a man (the antichrist) tries to have the whole world have peace in the name of God using his interpretation of the Bible. Then anybody that doesn't follow him will be killed. That is why we need to know as much of the Bible as we can.

well understood paul yes only through holy spirit you can understand, by writing this you speek in spirit and truth, The two witnesses are coming for the end of days is near.

God bless in the name of our father Jesus Christ

An excellent thread. Isn't Jesus going to be seen by everyone?:lightbulb

I like your post. I, like all christians await this second coming. Don't know if we will see it in our time though.

This post reminded me of something I heard regarding Jesus's first coming. Didn't it go something like that the apostles were confused when the Jesus, the Messiah came as a lamb and they had expected him to come with a sword? Can anyone clarify this or find the scripture for that?

Because it makes me think that if they, the apostles, were confused about how Jesus would come the first time, couldn't we easily be confused about how he's going to come the second time? That's why it's important for everyone to read the bible and understand about this second coming to be prepared and to know.

question...

Don't you think it seems a bit wrong to welcome the end of the world?

If you are born again then you look forward to Jesus' coming back again as He will take us to be with Him forever in a place He has prepared for us.

On the other hand if you do not have that personal relationship with Jesus, you will not be looking forward to His return.

God bless

LLJ :love: :rainbow: :rose:

About which denomination will receive him i would say it would not be a matter of denomination . God owns us, we dont own God. Heaven and earth may pass away but my my words will not pass away. In John 3.16 John says he who believes in him will be saved. It is believe in him that matters most. To speak the truth those who do not believe where do they stand compared to those who believe. We r living in a world of scribes and pharisees simply because they r blind. Part and parcel we all r blind towards the whole truth of scripture and God.

Things do remain a mystery yet what is the truth we know that is the believe in the Good news is what sets us free.We know our believe in scripture makes us the believers. We r lost in knowing the mystery but not the way the truth and the eternal life.the way of christian life is there, the truth that the Holy Trinity and their teaching is there, the promise and gift of life that comes from salvation is there. What confuses us is the interpretation of scripture which was the very thing Israel has suffered in their days. We should not back down for the seach of truth nor should we ignore our opinions.

The truth that confuses the capabilities of human being is the finer truth of scriptures. The catholic with purgatory, the christians with rapture , the mormons with their extra books, the jehovah with their believe. This is all due to the fact we are not from heaven to know heaven fully , we r from the earth trying to discern God. I believe what Chad has done is beautiful to allow the christian community to merge and discern. Nevermind the differences. Jesus himself will understand that time and being a mortal human being has been our enemy in discerning the whole truth. When all things remain fully not explained it will be explained by God when the human race meets God.

Do you know the good part of the scribes they know scripture and the bad part they want all to belong to their personal believe. There was not much room for spiritual and scriptural discussion. If the scribes were open to discussion a lot of truth would have come out during the time of christ. What is wrong to discuss. If today we r willing to sit and discuss with atheist why not sit and discern as the followers of christ. So that we may think , share and strenghten our faith together. What r we who r far more educated than the past going to do. Carry ourselves apart for fear of losing our faith. The apostle mixed up with the Gentiles knowing that their faith is always strong. Let us put our differences down and talk. Will God be against us seaching for the truth together.

Chad dont be easily offended by views yet let all peoples views be heard so that the gobal christian know and understand the many interpretations of scriptures today. We need a forum like this to unite and challenge christians in their believe. We all r well educated enough to see what is false and what is true. It cannot be denied that we all believe in the bible and Holy Trinity as the salvation of mankind yet we could not agree upon our differences. Our differences tells us one truth that we r not filled up with the holy spirit nor r we infidels. We believers trying to discern the truth that has defied mankind until now the all knowing knowledge of scriptures. 2000 years of discussion has not ended discernment nor will it end until we face God and learn the whole truth.

What would be better is to have a forum that is centred on Jesus. What u have done is good Chad. Keep up the spirit of Jesus , Blessed r the peacemakers they will inherit the kingdom of God. The kingdom of God is the acceptance of God as us the followers. We all know the christian calling and teaching yet we dont know the end, how heaven and hell really looks like except for what scripture has revealed. I agree with Chad on the matter of not demonizing things through our interpretation. Whatever is true will be revealed whatever is false will be known. The antichrist will only be there at the time of God. All time is in the hands of God.

We should on the other hand enlighten each other on the teachings and calling of christianity today. Have a fellowship among us who hope for the same things to come and that is heaven, who believe in the one God revealed by Jesus as our father in unity with the son and Holy Ghost. Unity among christian is important considering we differ more between us and the non christian than we r among us. We should not be worried about the true teaching as we have the bible and the Holy Trinity to discern the truth. False teaching will never be able to bring down the kingdom of God. What is False never last and the bible has forewarned of what is false. we should be guidance to others searching for the truth.

It is sad that differences exist but let us hope that God in his infinite mercy will guide us toward the truth and reveal the truth to us. We on the other hand should not think that the kingdom of God is Lost but on the search for truth everyday. :groupwave:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back