Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Untitled

humblepie

I am Christopher. But I call myself Chris. I'm not new to Christianity, faith or belief, but there's more than faith and belief I've had to learn. I'm a peculiar human to the world, that's because the world thinks my ways are upside down. I would say I'm more outside in.

I scare people easy just by being nice, I guess because they say "Nice guys finish last." No one likes a nice guy? Well we all know what Jesus said about those who are last.

@humblepie
Welcome to Talk Jesus Christopher.
Outside in. Interesting.
Kind of walking in the spirit while living in the flesh.
Once again be welcome to TJ
C4E
<><

Yeah it's been a while since I've been a Christian, so my lingo is still a little rusty.

I'm curious why you phrased it the way you did.
  1. Is it possible that you never were, but had delved deep enough to consider yourself one. Now you are just feeling a pull to go back over departed memories?
  2. If you were of the faith. Believing and knowing Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior. It leaves me to wonder if you walked away are now also being drawn back to see if the reason that moved you away still holds true?
Note: I'm sure there are other possibilities, but these are the ones that come to mind at the moment of this writing.

I pose this because your replies in certain threads leaves me wondering which is the case. It is evident that waiting to increase/refresh knowledge that you might have had, but never fully understood has you failing to fully grasp what another is attempting to communicate.

Example: In the thread of "My husband is an atheist"

You made a comment of:
How do you girls get into relationships like this, is it security? Tell me so I can build a castle for you.

If you had read her opening post, you could have seen and focused on why this situation came about. I'll quote it:
"We were both atheists when we wedded, but I converted to Christianity."

This right away would have brought to mind for many believers the verse about being unequally yoked.

Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? 2 Corinthians 6:14

and also the post done by BAC #6 which reads as follows.

"1 Cor 7:13; And a woman who has an unbelieving husband, and he consents to live with her, she must not send her husband away. 14 For the unbelieving husband is sanctified through his wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified through her believing husband; for otherwise your children are unclean, but now they are holy. 15 Yet if the unbelieving one leaves, let him leave; the brother or the sister is not under bondage in such cases, but God has called us to peace. 16 For how do you know, O wife, whether you will save your husband? Or how do you know, O husband, whether you will save your wife?"

The initial verse of 2 Corinthians 6:14 you can see would only apply in a general sense because she was not a believer prior to getting married. It was not until after they were married that she did become a Christian. Which is why the post done by BAC was spot on.

I hope you now see why your response quoted above was really out of place to the actual situation?

Sometimes, regardless of the reason you stepped away from the faith or have never had it in the first place. It helps to either read and watch the flow of the thread you're reading, or just ask questions pertaining to what is going on. Making statements on subjects with just a cursory look at what was actually written will usually fall short of the mark. The mark being here at Talk Jesus. To help those who are in need, have questions, uplift/support, looking to grow in Jesus Christ etc.

I really hope you understand this is not meant to put you down, but to provide so clarity. Talk Jesus has many fine scholars (not me) and strong believers (hopefully me) that would be more then willing to answer any questions you have or provide guidance on how to get some answers. As I'm sure by your looking around you've seen that people here are not shy about putting themselves out there, but they do so knowing that they have Brothers & Sisters in Christ Jesus willing to help as they can. We really try not to look down on people, because many of us have been where they are, or have experienced similar pain, and anguish.

So.....
if you're a believer ask away. :thumbsup:
If you're not a believer. Then ask away. :thumbsup:

Upside down works with the above questions as well. :)
C4E
<><

I'm curious why you phrased it the way you did.
  1. Is it possible that you never were, but had delved deep enough to consider yourself one. Now you are just feeling a pull to go back over departed memories?
  2. If you were of the faith. Believing and knowing Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior. It leaves me to wonder if you walked away are now also being drawn back to see if the reason that moved you away still holds true?
Note: I'm sure there are other possibilities, but these are the ones that come to mind at the moment of this writing.

I pose this because your replies in certain threads leaves me wondering which is the case. It is evident that waiting to increase/refresh knowledge that you might have had, but never fully understood has you failing to fully grasp what another is attempting to communicate.

Example: In the thread of "My husband is an atheist"

You made a comment of:

If you had read her opening post, you could have seen and focused on why this situation came about. I'll quote it:
"We were both atheists when we wedded, but I converted to Christianity."

This right away would have brought to mind for many believers the verse about being unequally yoked.

Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? 2 Corinthians 6:14

and also the post done by BAC #6 which reads as follows.

"1 Cor 7:13; And a woman who has an unbelieving husband, and he consents to live with her, she must not send her husband away. 14 For the unbelieving husband is sanctified through his wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified through her believing husband; for otherwise your children are unclean, but now they are holy. 15 Yet if the unbelieving one leaves, let him leave; the brother or the sister is not under bondage in such cases, but God has called us to peace. 16 For how do you know, O wife, whether you will save your husband? Or how do you know, O husband, whether you will save your wife?"

The initial verse of 2 Corinthians 6:14 you can see would only apply in a general sense because she was not a believer prior to getting married. It was not until after they were married that she did become a Christian. Which is why the post done by BAC was spot on.

I hope you now see why your response quoted above was really out of place to the actual situation?

Sometimes, regardless of the reason you stepped away from the faith or have never had it in the first place. It helps to either read and watch the flow of the thread you're reading, or just ask questions pertaining to what is going on. Making statements on subjects with just a cursory look at what was actually written will usually fall short of the mark. The mark being here at Talk Jesus. To help those who are in need, have questions, uplift/support, looking to grow in Jesus Christ etc.

I really hope you understand this is not meant to put you down, but to provide so clarity. Talk Jesus has many fine scholars (not me) and strong believers (hopefully me) that would be more then willing to answer any questions you have or provide guidance on how to get some answers. As I'm sure by your looking around you've seen that people here are not shy about putting themselves out there, but they do so knowing that they have Brothers & Sisters in Christ Jesus willing to help as they can. We really try not to look down on people, because many of us have been where they are, or have experienced similar pain, and anguish.

So.....
if you're a believer ask away. :thumbsup:
If you're not a believer. Then ask away. :thumbsup:

Upside down works with the above questions as well. :)
C4E
<><
You're trying to kiss me, don't ever address me again.

You're trying to kiss me, don't ever address me again.

If you are confusing my attempt to showing you the Love of Christ and concern by saying "kissing". Sorry, that is something that comes naturally to me since I've come to Christ. I won't apologize for that. However, I will not intrude upon your privacy. I do apologize if my words have made you in anyway uncomfortable, or have angered you. This was not my intent.

As far as not addressing you again. Sadly, as one of the Moderators of the site and the way you respond to others. That might be rather difficult.

So as a Moderator I offer you a couple of links to help.

State of Faith - Talk Jesus

Etiquette - Forum Behavior

Christ4Ever
<><

Back