Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

What Do You Think of This?

Maureen

Whats your views on this one?
My son wants his little child dedicated.
She's just over 1yr old.
Now here's the crunch, he is not married to the mother of the child.
They live in sin, as how it used to be called.

I don't believe myself that a church is going to dedicate that child to God, give thanks to God for her life, because the parents aren't married.
Do any of you?
I don't see why God can't be thanked for the life of that little one (my Granddaughter) and it be held back from her because of her parents.

I am in contact with 3 differant denominations.
I intend to ask them their views on this, then wait and see if any are acceptable to carry it out.

It would get the parents under the Gospel, if they did.
The parents may think, oh how rotten of people who call themselves Christian to turn away a wee child. (although I don't know if they will yet or not)
But then if they're told it's because of their sinful living, is that not just hurting the child because of their wrong?

Just thought I'd ask you all, I'll let you know what the Pastor's reaction will be when I know myself.

I don't believe myself that a church is going to dedicate that child to God, give thanks to God for her life, because the parents aren't married.
Do any of you?

Maureen,

If your son wants his child dedicated, that may be a sign that he himself is on a path to becoming a believer. Be that as it may, if the church won't allow the parents to stand for the child at the dedication, perhaps two believers can stand in as surrogates.

SLE

Surely the parents have to be the main people as it's their child, no?
am I wrong?
The Brethren don't do anything at all with infants or babies.
Have a few more I can ask though.

My son wants his little child dedicated.

Exo 2:1 The woman conceived and bore a son, and when she saw that he was a fine child, she hid him three months. When she could hide him no longer, she took for him a basket made of bulrushes and daubed it with bitumen and pitch. She put the child in it and placed it among the reeds by the river bank...

You know the rest of the story...

Why should your son not place his child in Gods bulrushes...he is trying to save her, even if he has`nt found salvation for himself...

Luk 18:15 Now they were bringing even infants to him that he might touch them. And when the disciples saw it, they rebuked them. But Jesus called them to him, saying, "Let the children come to me, and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of God."

edited to note ~ who can say wether those bringing their infants to Christ were sinners?

Last edited:
Why should your son not place his child in Gods bulrushes...he is trying to save her, even if he has`nt found salvation for himself...

Luk 18:15 Now they were bringing even infants to him that he might touch them. And when the disciples saw it, they rebuked them. But Jesus called them to him, saying, "Let the children come to me, and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of God."

edited to note ~ who can say wether those bringing their infants to Christ were sinners?[/I]

oh Coconut
this really spoke to me, when I got my son, the one who now wants his wee child dedicated, well when I dedicated him as a baby, back then, I was a sinner, NOT saved by His grace then. I'm very thankful for his patience with me.

Thank you for pointing this out to me.
I will tuck it in the back of my head, no the front, when I speak with the Missionary regarding it tomorrow night, Thank you sister.

Back