• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

What does it take to grow up into him in all things?

Eph 4:15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:

1Jn 2:12 I write unto you, little children, because your sins are forgiven you for his name's sake.
1Jn 2:13 I write unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I write unto you, young men, because ye have overcome the wicked one. I write unto you, little children, because ye have known the Father.
1Jn 2:14 I have written unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I have written unto you, young men, because ye are strong, and the word of God abideth in you, and ye have overcome the wicked one.

There seems to be some stages in God that he expects us to go through.

Heb 5:11 Of whom we have many things to say, and hard to be uttered, seeing ye are dull of hearing.
Heb 5:12 For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.
Heb 5:13 For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.
Heb 5:14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

we know by these scriptures that we must grow in him from babes to fathers.

How does one achieve such a thing?

Joh 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

By getting the Holy Ghost then one can be lead into all truth.

It is not an act but a process. Asking JESUS to come into our hearts will not suffice. It takes the milk of the Word which is the oracles of God- Acts 2:38 to start the race.

Strong meat is the depth of the Word. Growing deeper in God in the knowledge of Him and His work.

Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

That is just to get us in the race.

1Co 9:24 Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.
1Co 9:25 And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible.

The One that receives the prize is JESUS the head and we the body of Christ making one man.

Heb 3:14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence steadfast unto the end;

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for sharing these powerful verses @Robert Lindstrom

I hope that a bother in Christ joins in with this conversation/study
Thank you for sharing these powerful verses @Robert Lindstrom

I hope that a bother in Christ joins in with this conversation/study
It sure would be great to get someone elses input on this. As we see here in the Word, we see that God is very serious about getting out the baby milk stage, especially closer towards the Day of the Lord.

Mat 8:11 And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven.
Mat 8:12 But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

As we see here this is future tense and why did JESUS say that the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness?
Because they were not grown up into fathers. They stayed in the milk of the Word and did not bother to grow.

Mar 13:17 But woe to them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!
Mar 13:18 And pray ye that your flight be not in the winter.
Mar 13:19 For in those days shall be affliction, such as was not from the beginning of the creation which God created unto this time, neither shall be.

Same way here. We see children that are still sucking on the milk bottle (spiritually speaking) in these days.

Luk 6:48 He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock.
Luk 6:49 But he that heareth, and doeth not, is like a man that without a foundation built an house upon the earth; against which the stream did beat vehemently, and immediately it fell; and the ruin of that house was great.

They did not bother to dig deep into the Word of God and find the foundation which is that Rock and that Rock is Christ.

Mat 25:1 Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.
Mat 25:2 And five of them were wise, and five were foolish.
Mat 25:3 They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them:
Mat 25:4 But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.
Mat 25:5 While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept.
Mat 25:6 And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.
Mat 25:7 Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps.
Mat 25:8 And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out.
Mat 25:9 But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.
Mat 25:10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.
Mat 25:11 Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.
Mat 25:12 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.
Mat 25:13 Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.

The oil is the Word in you. The Holy Ghost is the fire that ignites the word in you.

The five foolish virgins are the ones that did not bother to grow up in all things and get in the meat of the Word.

One can get the Holy Ghost and be as dumb as dirt when it comes to the Word of God.

Instead people believe heavily on a rapture that is going to take them out of here and will not have to go through the great tribulation.

Mat 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
Mat 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
Mat 24:31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Immediately AFTER the Tribulation of those days......and he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his ELECT from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Dan_9:27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Act 8:32 The place of the scripture which he read was this, He was led as a sheep to the slaughter; and like a lamb dumb before his shearer, so opened he not his mouth:
Act 8:33 In his humiliation his judgment was taken away: and who shall declare his generation? for his life is taken from the earth.

JESUS was cut off in the midst of the week. 3 and a half years and who is going to fulfill the other 3 and half years? The Christ generation will.

That was the only sacrifice ever made that was cut off in the midst of the week. JESUS was 33 and a half years old when He died on the cross. He started His ministry at thirty years of age and died at 33 and a half years old.

Who shall declare His generation? Christ in you will.

Mat 1:1 The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham.
Mat 1:2 Abraham begat Isaac; and Isaac begat Jacob; and Jacob begat Judas and his brethren;
Mat 1:3 And Judas begat Phares and Zara of Thamar; and Phares begat Esrom; and Esrom begat Aram;
Mat 1:4 And Aram begat Aminadab; and Aminadab begat Naasson; and Naasson begat Salmon;
Mat 1:5 And Salmon begat Booz of Rachab; and Booz begat Obed of Ruth; and Obed begat Jesse;
Mat 1:6 And Jesse begat David the king; and David the king begat Solomon of her that had been the wife of Urias;
Mat 1:7 And Solomon begat Roboam; and Roboam begat Abia; and Abia begat Asa;
Mat 1:8 And Asa begat Josaphat; and Josaphat begat Joram; and Joram begat Ozias;
Mat 1:9 And Ozias begat Joatham; and Joatham begat Achaz; and Achaz begat Ezekias;
Mat 1:10 And Ezekias begat Manasses; and Manasses begat Amon; and Amon begat Josias;
Mat 1:11 And Josias begat Jechonias and his brethren, about the time they were carried away to Babylon:
Mat 1:12 And after they were brought to Babylon, Jechonias begat Salathiel; and Salathiel begat Zorobabel;
Mat 1:13 And Zorobabel begat Abiud; and Abiud begat Eliakim; and Eliakim begat Azor;
Mat 1:14 And Azor begat Sadoc; and Sadoc begat Achim; and Achim begat Eliud;
Mat 1:15 And Eliud begat Eleazar; and Eleazar begat Matthan; and Matthan begat Jacob;
Mat 1:16 And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.
Mat 1:17 So all the generations from Abraham to David are fourteen generations; and from David until the carrying away into Babylon are fourteen generations; and from the carrying away into Babylon unto Christ are fourteen generations.

From Abraham to Christ is exactly 42 generations. JESUS is the 41st generation and the 42nd generation which includes those who have Christ in them is the Christ generation.

Col 1:26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:
Col 1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

Active
Listening to God, doing what He says.

I think it takes time, you cant listen to the radio and watch tv and listen to God at the same time.

I mean some people listen to christian radio and watch christian tv and even go to church and hear sermons I suppose but that isnt the same as really listening to God, spending time with Him.

Cos even Paul complained he wrote many letters cos people wouldnt actually listen to what He had to say. They were hard of hearing. The reason why we have the Bible is so we can read scripture cos its all written down what God has already said! Otherwise He gets pretty tired of having to repeat Himself I would think. To people who wont listen!

Also thinking how once weve learned from God we can go teach what we learned to others. Its always listen to what God says and then go and do it!

Dont just hear about it and then dont do anything and forget about it cos it means you havent really listened to Him. If you need more clarification ASK Him. Thats why Jesus always prayed and asked His Father what to do so he didnt just do his own thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Listening to God, doing what He says.

I think it takes time, you cant listen to the radio and watch tv and listen to God at the same time.

I mean some people listen to christian radio and watch christian tv and even go to church and hear sermons I suppose but that isnt the same as really listening to God, spending time with Him.

Cos even Paul complained he wrote many letters cos people wouldnt actually listen to what He had to say They were hard of hearing. The reason why we have the Bible is so we can read scripture cos its all written down what God has already said! Otherwise He gets pretty tired of having to repeat Himself I would think. To people who wont listen!

If one has the Holy Ghost.......(and those who do, will understand what I am talking about)... and that person goes and listens to some preacher on tv or church and that preacher is speaking the Word of God and that person FEELS a witness or a burn in his or her spirit, then that person will know that this preacher is speaking from the Holy Ghost. If one has the Holy Ghost and he or she did not feel any witness in their spirit, then I would high tail it out of there.

This is why it is important to get the Holy Ghost in order to be led of the Holy Ghost.

How does one know if he or she has the Holy Ghost? Did they have the evidence of speaking in tongues when they first received it all the way? One might get stammering lips but did not break through all the way with the evidence of speaking in tongues. That is called praying through. If one keeps their mind on God a long time, they will break through.

Act_2:4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

Act_19:6 And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.

When one speaks in tongues, it comes from their spirit, not their mind. If one has to think on how to speak in tongues and does it, it is NOT from their spirit. They will feel such a burning from God and let God dwell in them that they automatically let Him take over, He will rule that unruly member which is the tongue and will show that person that He took control of the tongue. It will come overflowing out of their spirit rather than their mind.

Active
Yea some preachers or churches do not have the holy ghost.
I think if people disobey the holy ghost can be grieved and you will know in your spirit not to go there.

With the five foolish virgins actually they lied and did not have the oil in the first place...they did not actually run out as they said. They tried to get it from others but you can only receive it from God.