• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Wheat Germ: It's Not Just for Hippies

Wheat Germ: It's Not Just for Hippies Anymore
by Shauna Sever — February 29, 2008

Its crunchy-granola stigma aside, wheat germ is one of the most nutrition-packed options available on store shelves. I remember having it sprinkled over my cereal as a kid, and now I've started rethinking it. Its sweet, nutty flavor is actually surprisingly pleasant sprinkled into so many dishes.

It's one of those super foods where a little goes a long way: wheat germ has 23 nutrients, more nutrients per ounce than any other vegetable or grain, including more potassium and iron than any other food. It's high in protein (about 28 percent) and a favorite of athletes, providing a boost to the cardiovascular system and promoting muscle repair. Wheat germ is also a vitamin E champ--great for the hair and skin, slowing the aging process, strengthening the immune system, and a key player in preventing heart disease.

So where does all this goodness come from? The mini powerhouse that is the wheat germ is basically a tiny fleck inside the wheat kernel that eventually germinates and forms wheat grass. That is, if you don't get to it first and mix it into your baked goods, hot cereal, yogurt, smoothies, and more. Stash a jar in the fridge and give yourself an extra sprinkle of nutrition everyday.

-wiredberries website