• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Why I became a Christian

I never sat down with a pastor or a physacist to hear the "scientific" explaination for creationism OR evolution. My family never "force fed" me my faith as I grew up and by all accounts I never had a biased opinion one way or the other.
So what caused me to accept Christ? I'll tell you.
Many years ago I found myself in the darkest hour of my life and 6 feet away from a long drop into the roaring Colorado River. At that moment, for whatever reason, I said a short 5 second prayer.
"God, if you don't want me to jump, you better stop me now."
What happened next can best be described as a miraculous one on one encounter with Jesus Christ. After that, I experienced a long "strand" of miracles time and time again to affirm to me that what I had experienced was real. A few years later I went through another rough time and honestly, I wanted to believe that God wasn't there. The cool thing was that I couldn't because I KNOW 100% that God is there. Not because someone convinced me, but because I have encountered Him, and still do to this day.
I can't blame anyone who hasn't encoutered God for being a skeptic, especialy with so many voices out there trying to "reason Him away".
My message to any skeptic would be this:
If even all you have is the smallest morsal of faith, enough to aknowlege Gods existance at any level, HUMBLY offer it to Him and ask Him directly to help your faith. God doesn't need to "prove Himself" to anyone but if your heart is in the right place, He promises, "if you seek Me, you shall find Me".