• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Wrong Roads

"The only way to be saved from the lure of the wrong roads is by doing what our Master [the Lord Jesus Christ] tells us, that is, "Watch ye and pray, lest ye enter into temptation." If we do not watch and pray we shall be led into temptation before we know where we are.

"Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?" said Jesus (Luke 18:8). He will find faith in individual men and women, but the general organized form of the Christian church has slipped almost wholesale onto wrong roads to the Kingdom."

--Oswald Chambers

Jesus did say that in the end of times. The love of many will wax cold. That there will be a drawing away from the faith before He returns. We see this everyday through out our Church's. People leave the Church for many different reasons, the big one I hear all the time is "hypocrites." Little do they understand that hypocrites were in Jesus' day also, but did that keep Jesus out of the temple? Of course not

Narrow is the way to life and broad is the path of destruction. Many men will choose the broad path because it appears to be fun, self-pleasurable, easy and more important self-righteousness. In the end this path leads to a life of destruction and one looses their soul.

Many men will choose the broad path because it appears to be fun, self-pleasurable, easy and more important self-righteousness. In the end this path leads to a life of destruction and one looses their soul.

The good thing about the broad path.......There is room to turn....Amen
People leave the Church for many different reasons, the big one I hear all the time is "hypocrites." Little do they understand that hypocrites were in Jesus' day also, but did that keep Jesus out of the temple?

Amen We follow Jesus

From my point of view, i think the fear of the Lord doesnt exist to many in our churches that's why we find hypocrates etc. Believers are used to God and they've hardened their hearts thus, as time goes by the conviction slowly goes and cannot hear from God. The fear of God is lacking and that is the root cause.

This amazes me daily that God loves you and i no matter what, He doesnt see your filthiness but that which is good in you. Look at the samaria woman, her repetition was spoiled and no one wanted to be associated with her, But Jesus looked beyond that and saw a woman of substance hence was the first woman to preach this Gospel. There is hope in every situation.

From my point of view, i think the fear of the Lord doesnt exist to many in our churches that's why we find hypocrates etc. Believers are used to God and they've hardened their hearts thus, as time goes by the conviction slowly goes and cannot hear from God. The fear of God is lacking and that is the root cause.

This amazes me daily that God loves you and i no matter what, He doesnt see your filthiness but that which is good in you. Look at the samaria woman, her repetition was spoiled and no one wanted to be associated with her, But Jesus looked beyond that and saw a woman of substance hence was the first woman to preach this Gospel. There is hope in every situation.

True. With all that we having going on in our busy lives, how do we find the time to fear God? I think you made very valid points for the Church to consider.. Thank you

People leave the Church for many different reasons, the big one I hear all the time is "hypocrites."

If I call another Christian a hypocrite, I'm being one myself because I'm pretending to be better than they are.

SLE

If I call another Christian a hypocrite, I'm being one myself because I'm pretending to be better than they are.

SLE

So very true. I've always said in the Church you will find the most hypocrites, but it's the hypocrites that need Jesus. I guess that's why I'm there hehe..