• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Yet I will rejoice

Active
Yet I will rejoice
by rizen1

Though the fig tree may not blossom, Nor fruit be on the vines; Though the labor of the olive may fail, And the fields yield no food; Though the flock may be cut off from the fold, And there be no herd in the stalls-- Yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation.
Habakkuk 3:17-18

When all fails, do we really rejoice in the Lord? Unbelievers look to us as example, if we're droning in our troubles, what does our faith testify.

God is good, not all the time but when things are going right for us.
Our God is an awesome God, only when I have money to pay my rent.
His Grace is perfect, when there is no adversity.

Seriously, we have the victory in Jesus Christ; there is power in his name.

2 Cor 13:5 KJV
Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates.

2 Cor 13:5 (New king James)
5 Examine yourselves as to whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Do you not know yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?—unless indeed you are disqualified.

I like how KJV put it “ except ye be reprobates “

rep•ro•bate n.
1. A morally unprincipled person.
2. One who is predestined to damnation
adj.
1. Morally unprincipled; shameless.
2. Rejected by God and without hope of salvation.
tr.v. rep•ro•bat•ed, rep•ro•bat•ing, rep•ro•bates
1. To disapprove of; condemn.
2. To abandon to eternal damnation. Used of God

I also have my moments, I’m not perfect but we must remind ourselves who we put our faith in. This world has nothing for us therefore we will always face trails.

Like the song from “ Superchick “ says
So stand in the rain
Stand your ground
Stand up when it’s all crashing down
You stand through the pain
You won’t drown
And one day what’s lost can be found
You stand in the rain.

Whenever you feel far from God
Ask yourself “ Who moved “

Last edited:
Though the fig tree may not blossom, Nor fruit be on the vines; Though the labor of the olive may fail, And the fields yield no food; Though the flock may be cut off from the fold, And there be no herd in the stalls-- Yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation.
Habakkuk 3:17-18

Ah yes....the "burden of Habbakuk" We do not hear much about this kind of burden today. The burden that clings on to God knowing that He alone has, and is the answer. Whatever the situation.........Amen!

Active
Yet I will rejoice, I almost forgot about this thread...
Today I need to re-apply this to myself.

All powerful, Untameable,
Awestruck we fall to our knees and we humbly proclaim,
You are amazing God.

Yet I will rejoice, I almost forgot about this thread...
Today I need to re-apply this to myself.

All powerful, Untameable,
Awestruck we fall to our knees and we humbly proclaim,
You are amazing God.

Yes sister. As the prophet Habbakuk was able to rejoice in the LOrd, even though the outward scene was barren, so can we. Amen.

The great apostle Paul said "I have fouind in whatever circumstance I find myself....therewith to be content"

Tho' vine nor fig tree neither, there wanted fruit should bear, Tho' all the field should wither no flocks or herd be there. Yet God the same abiding, His praise shall tune my voice, for while in Him confiding, I cannot but rejoice.

And Why?? Jesus will never leave nor forsake ......and He will deliver us.........Salvation is of the LOrd.

Amen Amen Thank God Thank God

Last edited: