• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

● Scripture Pickers ●

Status
Not open for further replies.
Active
1 John 2:18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

1 John 2:22 Who is a liar but he that deniers Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that deniers the Father and the Son.

1 John 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof you heard that it should come; and even now that it is already in the world.

2 John 7 For many receivers is entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and the antichrist.

We can not deny one of them without denying all three.

Active
Denying the Holy Ghost or saying we don't need Him is blasphemy.
It should be quite clear the fruits of some spirits are not in the comfort of God because He is not in them. Their god is in their belly.
All praise, glory and honor be unto God. I thank you Lord for the Holy Ghost who leads me into all truth. Praise God I welcome the Holy Ghost into my heart. More of you Lord and less of me. In JESUS name. Amen

Active

RJ

You cannot perceive the truth apart from Him. He is our teacher.

I know this is probably seen by some as "cherry picking" a verse but it is none the less true:
John 15: 5 "I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing........nothing of yourself...no works. no deeds.....all of him and nothing else!

Active
This thread is becoming an epic example of twisting posts / failing at reading and comprehension. Most times I wonder if Ophel, crown for life and Curtis are actually serious.

I know this is probably seen by some as "cherry picking" a verse but it is none the less true:
John 15: 5 "I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing........nothing of yourself...no works. no deeds.....all of him and nothing else!

Yes, it is out of context to what we are discussing.

Active
Fruits such as in James 1:27 & Matt 7:22 can be discerned by all. Just ask the orphan receiving food or the person having a demon cast out when he actually just needs attention / a friend.
There you go...advocating for the brain. Spiritual understanding of the truth can only be received by the working of the Holy Spirit, despite the credit you want to give to your excellent grey matter!

By the way, a person being set free from a demonic stronghold needed that more than a friend. His new friend would hopefully be Jesus.

Active
Rom 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

How exactly do you think you come to Christ in the first place to be sealed in Him?

Active
There you go...advocating for the brain. Spiritual understanding of the truth can only be received by the working of the Holy Spirit, despite the credit you want to give to your excellent grey matter!

By the way, a person being set free from a demonic stronghold needed that more than a friend. His new friend would hopefully be Jesus.

Sorry Ophel you are wrong. The Holy Spirit told me that I am right.

Active
Wow, and those who deny the Holy Spirit, and depend on their own intellect, is the Antichrist.
His boasting about being corrected many times and remaining rigid in the lauding of his marvelous brainpower is simply rebellion and completely averse to the message of the cross.

Active

RJ

This thread is becoming an epic example of twisting posts / failing at reading and comprehension. Most times I wonder if Ophel, crown for life and Curtis are actually serious.

Yes, it is out of context to what we are discussing.
Don't know what you are talking about, I was kindly responding and agreeing to @Ophel and not you!

Active
You prove by your words how decrepit the human brain can be. Put your faith in Jesus.

The Holy Spirit tells me that you customize scripture to suit the lusts of your flesh.

My brain also tells me this.

Active
You fail Christ by your reply.

The irony. I would run out of the church you taught at!

'''Don't worry people, you don't have to hate what is evil or cling to what is good to have a heart after Christ. He will get His Holy Spirit to convince you to follow Him'' :rolleyes:.

Active
Now you are for the Holy Spirit, but earlier post rejected HIM, saying we don't need Him. ???

No wonder you are so confused. The devil comes to steal, kill, and destroy; he is the author of confusion and the Father of lies.
Good job, spirit of antichrist; we hear the spirit that speaks.

Staff Member
Slow down before everyone jumping on KingJ!!!
The Holy Spirit assists / increases our human intellect / ability to discern.

Notice the continued involvement of the Holy Spirit in providing us guidance? What I believe he is saying and please correct me if I'm wrong KingJ (I'm sure you will :)) that it is "we who decide to apply or don't apply the guidance provided in any given situation". With this guidance comes responsibility to continue to grow in His Word which will then be "revealed" by the Holy Spirit for correct understanding. In either case the consequences of our actions are manifested by the decisions we make.

Is this what you're attempting to say KingJ?

Additional Note: Please take care how you respond to those who are your Brothers & Sisters in Christ Jesus. Regardless of how you might feel justified in doing so. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.