• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

10 End Time Prophecies

Active
About the fig tree, Jesus used the word likewise - meaning "in the same manner!" Comparing the budding of it to the budding of world events. When you see fig trees beginning to bud - you know summer is near. Likewise - In the same manner -
When you see the events pass Jesus mentions - you know his return is near.

Israel is NOT the fig tree. I'm pretty sure Israel is NEVER figurative of a fig tree in the New Testament.

Amen
And when he said,”like in the days of Noah”, he just meant people will be taken by surprise.

In Zechariah, chapter 14, the prophet says a time will come when nations gather to attack Jerusalem. In Zechariah 14:12, the prophet says the nations that attack Jerusalem will be struck with a "plague" that will cause their flesh to rot while they are still standing. This might be a fitting description for modern warfare if it were described by a person who lived 2500 years ago, as Zechariah did. Chemical weapons are capable of causing rapid deterioration of flesh. And a blast of heat from a nuclear weapon could have a similar affect. Some Bible scholars, however, believe that this plague could refer to a supernatural event from God to protect the Holy Land.

And so shall be the plague of the horse, of the mule, of the camel, and of the ass, and of all the beasts that shall be in these tents, as this plague.

Horse nukes ? Interesting how the Futurists will incorporate 'modern warfare' and animal power , by whim.
How do you explain the passage?

Loyal
About the fig tree, Jesus used the word likewise - meaning "in the same manner!" Comparing the budding of it to the budding of world events. When you see fig trees beginning to bud - you know summer is near. Likewise - In the same manner -
When you see the events pass Jesus mentions - you know his return is near.

Israel is NOT the fig tree. I'm pretty sure Israel is NEVER figurative of a fig tree in the New Testament.
Even I cannot say stuff like that, that Israel is not this or that. And it's nothing wrong with what you're saying or how I think it's just the understanding that God has is beyond our understanding

3. The Messiah will appear after the Jews return to Israel
Bible passage: Jeremiah 23:3-6
Written: sometime from 626 to about 586 BC
Fulfilled: end times

In Jeremiah 23:3-6, there is a prophecy that indicates when the Messiah is to appear in the land of Israel. Jeremiah said that it would be after the exiled people of Israel return to their homeland. From a Christian point of view, this is of special interest because Jesus is supposed to appear twice. And this coincides with the fact that the people of Israel have been expelled from their homeland twice, and that they are currently in the process of returning after the second expulsion.

More than 2500 years ago, the Assyrians and Babylonians forced the people of Israel out of their homeland. Many returned during the centuries that followed and then Jesus appeared, about 2000 years ago, and announced that he is the Messiah. Later, the people of Israel were again forced out of their land (by the Romans in 135 AD) and scattered to countries throughout the world.

But, during the past few centuries, millions of exiled Jews around the world have returned to their ancient homeland. And this is one of the reasons why Christians say that the world is being prepared for the return of Jesus Christ. Because, as Jeremiah had prophesied long ago, the Messiah is to appear after the people of Israel return to their land.

The phrase, in Jeremiah 23:5, "I will raise up to David a righteous Branch, a King," refers to the Messiah, and that he will be a king and a descendant of King David, who reigned over Israel about 3000 years ago. Christians believe that when Jesus returns, he will establish a kingdom of peace and righteousness.

Jeremiah 23:3-6
"I myself will gather the remnant of my flock out of all the countries where I have driven them and will bring them back to their pasture, where they will be fruitful and increase in number. I will place shepherds over them who will tend them, and they will no longer be afraid or terrified, nor will any be missing," declares the Lord. "The days are coming," declares the Lord, "when I will raise up to David a righteous Branch, a King who will reign wisely and do what is just and right in the land. In his days Judah will be saved and Israel will live in safety. This is the name by which he will be called: The Lord Our Righteousness.

The above interpretation from Scripture can be very dangerous, because Lord Jesus foretold that prior... to His future return, a false-Messiah will come first, working great signs and wonders, that if it were possible, would deceive even His very elect (Matthew 24:23-26). That is also the subject of His warning about the very end of this world in His Book of Revelation given through His servant John to the Christian Church.

The orthodox unbelieving Jews still await the coming of Messiah per Scripture. And the next supernatural one coming as Messiah with the power of great signs and lying wonders to deceive, is who they will believe on. Those unbelieving Jews in today's state of Israel have the materials ready to build their 3rd temple in Jerusalem, and startup old covenant worship again with sacrifices. They believe that is the worship they are still ordained to do as Israel. And that is how the "abomination of desolation" placing of an IDOL in that temple in future false worship, like Jesus warned in Matthew 24:15, will be fulfilled just prior to His return.

And what is really terrible, is that today, already, there are some Christian churches that are siding with those unbelieving Jews in today's Israel in helping them prepare to build their 3rd temple in Jerusalem, and start up old covenant worship again.

4. The Gospel will be preached to the entire world
Bible passage: Matthew 24:14
Recorded: about 30 AD
To be fulfilled: End Times

In Matthew 24:14, the Bible says that the Gospel (the New Testament books of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John) will be preached throughout the world. The Bible also says that after this happens, the end times will come. The Bible has been preached throughout the world for a long time. But now, with the increasing worldwide availability of television and the Internet, there is greater potential for the Gospel to be preached to everyone, everywhere.

Matthew 24:14
And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.
In the Mark 13 version of that, Jesus gave it within... the section of verses about the end when some of us will be delivered up to councils and synagogues to give a Testimony for Jesus by The Holy Spirit, against them.

That is pointing to the time of the 6th Trumpet - 2nd Woe period of Rev.11 when God's "two witnesses" along with the "two candlesticks" (2 Church types) will prophesy against the beast for 1260 days during the "great tribulation".
6. Zechariah foreshadowed modern warfare
Bible passage: Zechariah 14:12
Written: between 520 and 518 BC

In Zechariah, chapter 14, the prophet says a time will come when nations gather to attack Jerusalem. In Zechariah 14:12, the prophet says the nations that attack Jerusalem will be struck with a "plague" that will cause their flesh to rot while they are still standing. This might be a fitting description for modern warfare if it were described by a person who lived 2500 years ago, as Zechariah did. Chemical weapons are capable of causing rapid deterioration of flesh. And a blast of heat from a nuclear weapon could have a similar affect. Some Bible scholars, however, believe that this plague could refer to a supernatural event from God to protect the Holy Land.

Zechariah 14:12
This is the plague with which the Lord will strike all the nations that fought against Jerusalem: Their flesh will rot while they are still standing on their feet, their eyes will rot in their sockets, and their tongues will rot in their mouths.
The first part of Zechariah 14 is about the "day of the Lord" with Christ's future coming at the end of this present world. The verses thereafter are pointing to that very event of His coming on the "day of the Lord", and then His future "thousand years" reign over the nations of Revelation 20.

So what is written to occur on that "day of the Lord" per 2 Peter 3:10, and 1 Thessalonians 5:1-3? That is the day that God's consuming fire will melt man's works off this earth, and the sudden destruction upon the wicked. Parallel that with the Zechariah 14:12 events.

7. Many people will go to Jerusalem to seek God's favor
Bible passage: Zechariah 8:22
Written: between 520 and 518 BC

In Zechariah 8:22, the prophet said 2500 years ago that a time will come when many people go to Jerusalem to seek and honor God. This prophecy has been at least partially fulfilled already. The Jews recaptured Jerusalem during the Six Day War in 1967. Since then, people from around the world have toured Jerusalem to visit various sites that are important to the history of Judaism and Christianity. Jerusalem is also an important city to Moslems.

Zechariah 8:22
And many peoples and powerful nations will come to Jerusalem to seek the Lord Almighty and to entreat him."

Once again, that is a very dangerous interpretation, because that Scripture is actually set to happen AFTER... Christ's future return when He is reigning over all nations and peoples on earth.

Zechariah 8:13 reveals that as a time in the future when God will have brought back the scattered of BOTH the "house of Judah" (Jews) and the "house of Israel" (ten lost tribes). As of today, ONLY Jews of the "house of Judah" are returning to the holy lands. The ten lost tribes are still scattered among the Gentile nations having lost their identity as part of the old nation of Israel. Only on the day of Christ's future coming will both houses be joined back together, and be taken back to the holy land of promise.

8. Book of Revelation envisioned an army of 200 million
Bible passage: Revelation 9:16
Written: sometime between 54 and 95 AD

In Revelation 9:16, the Bible says that an army of 200 million will one day march toward Israel. Of course, this prophecy hasn't been fulfilled yet, at least not literally. But, as the world's population rises above 6 billion, it is increasingly possible for a coalition of countries to amass an army of 200 million, and this would have been have been unthinkable even 100 years ago.

Revelation 9:16
The number of the mounted troops was two hundred million. I heard their number.

That is a pop notion especially among the false Pre-trib Rapture theory crowd.

The actual meaning in Revelation 9 is Christ using those symbols to point to Satan's host whose main job at the end will be to push lies causing deception. Don't allow any man to deceive you was our Lord Jesus' first warning in the SIGNS of the end He gave His Church (Matthew 24).

Rev.9 is about the 'locust army' of the Book of Joel. God uses the locust insect as a 'symbol' only for how a certain people attacks His land and His people. In Joel 1:6 God showed the locusts represent "... a nation is come up upon My land, strong, and without number, whose teeth are the teeth of a lion...". That is what the 200 million army of Rev.9 represents, false ones who work deception in the latter days by what comes out of their 'mouths', preparing for the time of "great tribulation".

What comes out of one's mouth, friend? WORDS! And in the case of Satan's host? LIES to cause deception. That... is what that locust army is actually about in Rev.9. It is NOT about a literal military army coming upon Israel, and another way to 'know' that is those Rev.9 events of the locust army do NOT happen on the 7th Trumpet - 3rd final Woe, which is when the battle of Armageddon of Rev.19 will actually be.

So Chad is regurgitating a DOCTRINE FROM MEN with this point about his 200 million man literal army of Revelation 9. It's a popular notion among some Church denominations today, especially those denominations which believe in the false pre-trib rapture theory, thinking they will be raptured prior to the time of great tribulation. The pre-trib doctors thus try to move the battle of Armageddon back in time to fit their false pre-trib rapture theory.

9. The troops would cross the Euphrates
Bible passage: Revelation 16:12
Written: sometime between 54 and 95 AD

In Revelation 16:12, the Bible says there will come a time when the Euphrates River becomes dry so that an army can cross it and march into Israel. When the book of Revelation was written 1900 years ago, it would have taken a great natural disaster, or a great amount of labor to divert the flow of the Euphrates so that an army could cross it. (In 539 BC, Cyrus and his army diverted the flow so that his troops could march across the riverbed and conquer Babylon). But, today, there are a series of dams that would make it much easier to divert the flow of the powerful river.

Revelation 16:12
The sixth angel poured out his bowl on the great river Euphrates, and its water was dried up to prepare the way for the kings from the East.

That Revelation 9:12-15 timing is the 6th Trumpet - 2nd Woe period. Jesus warned of 3 WOES back in Rev.8. The final 7th Trumpet - 3rd Woe happens at Jesus' coming per Revelation 11, which is the "last trump" that Apostle Paul taught of in 1 Corinthians 15 with being 'changed' at the "twinkling of an eye".

That 6th Trumpet - 2nd Woe period represents the time when Satan and his host come to earth which will begin the final events of the end, and the time of "great tribulation" when he sets up the "abomination of desolation" IDOL in Jerusalem. This 6th Trumpet begins right there in Rev.9:12 and flows all the way to Rev.11:14 with Jesus' future coming on the 7th Trumpet - 3rd Woe.

So that 6th Trumpet is STILL NOT THE LAST DAY WITH THE BATTLE OF ARMAGEDDON, not yet.

That 6th Trumpet - 2nd Woe period will involve the building of the Jew's 3rd temple in Jerusalem and re-established old covenant worship with sacrifices (See Revelation 11:1-2). And like Daniel 9:27 says, after 1260 days the false one will end that worship, and instead place an idol abomination inside the temple instead, and demand all bow to it in false worship. That is what Lord Jesus was quoting from the Book of Daniel when He gave the main SIGNS of the end per Matthew 24:15 and Mark 13.

Loyal
That Revelation 9:12-15 timing is the 6th Trumpet - 2nd Woe period. Jesus warned of 3 WOES back in Rev.8. The final 7th Trumpet - 3rd Woe happens at Jesus' coming per Revelation 11, which is the "last trump" that Apostle Paul taught of in 1 Corinthians 15 with being 'changed' at the "twinkling of an eye".

That 6th Trumpet - 2nd Woe period represents the time when Satan and his host come to earth which will begin the final events of the end, and the time of "great tribulation" when he sets up the "abomination of desolation" IDOL in Jerusalem. This 6th Trumpet begins right there in Rev.9:12 and flows all the way to Rev.11:14 with Jesus' future coming on the 7th Trumpet - 3rd Woe.

So that 6th Trumpet is STILL NOT THE LAST DAY WITH THE BATTLE OF ARMAGEDDON, not yet.

That 6th Trumpet - 2nd Woe period will involve the building of the Jew's 3rd temple in Jerusalem and re-established old covenant worship with sacrifices (See Revelation 11:1-2). And like Daniel 9:27 says, after 1260 days the false one will end that worship, and instead place an idol abomination inside the temple instead, and demand all bow to it in false worship. That is what Lord Jesus was quoting from the Book of Daniel when He gave the main SIGNS of the end per Matthew 24:15 and Mark 13.
The Two Witnesses are the 2nd Woe

Daniel said the temple would remain desolate until the consummation. There's no need for anther temple.
All those prophecies will pass within the dome of the Rock or al-Aqsa mosque.
The 'men of sin' will NOT come in the literal name of Christ/Messiah. A false Christ doesn't have to be called 'Christ or Jesus.
However, Muslims do believe that when the Madhi 'returns' Jesus - THE MUSLIM JESUS - will be there following the Madhi around.

Daniel 9 was fulfilled at Christ crucifixion.

But who in the Christian world changes their mind these days! 0.001%

Active
In reading chapter 5 of revelation, how long was Christ in heaven before opening the first seal?

I would like to jump in here but this topic breeds a lot of discord and controversy so I am just going to dip my toe in the water to sample the temperature so to speak. So let me just make a group of controversial statements and hope for a civil discussion. (The rapture is a real event) (The event takes place at some point at the middle of the tribulation) (The timing is powerfully inferred in red letters and neither will our physical body disappear but as a direct answer to a direct question by the disciples Jesus tells us that the dead body stays right here.) I believe in fact I deeply believe that the presence of a physical body is in no way a requirement for the rapture event. Not only is the belief fully and demonstrably in error that a body is required, but on it's face it dismisses the greater lesson remarked through and by John The Baptist that God can raise from these stones children for Abraham. There is a lot to this but once you cleanly get past the physical body attachment the issue becomes open for real exploration in The Word. Other than that the clearing of that condition real discussion becomes dead in the water and can go no where. So in my view that is the issue ( The Physical body issue ) that all of us who believe there is a rapture should contend with first.

Loyal
I would like to jump in here but this topic breeds a lot of discord and controversy so I am just going to dip my toe in the water to sample the temperature so to speak. So let me just make a group of controversial statements and hope for a civil discussion. (The rapture is a real event) (The event takes place at some point at the middle of the tribulation) (The timing is powerfully inferred in red letters and neither will our physical body disappear but as a direct answer to a direct question by the disciples Jesus tells us that the dead body stays right here.) I believe in fact I deeply believe that the presence of a physical body is in no way a requirement for the rapture event. Not only is the belief fully and demonstrably in error that a body is required, but on it's face it dismisses the greater lesson remarked through and by John The Baptist that God can raise from these stones children for Abraham. There is a lot to this but once you cleanly get past the physical body attachment the issue becomes open for real exploration in The Word. Other than that the clearing of that condition real discussion becomes dead in the water and can go no where. So in my view that is the issue ( The Physical body issue ) that all of us who believe there is a rapture should contend with first.

Loyal
May Jesus fill us with his wisdom and love and bless us from the darkness

A friend of mine sent me some scarry information as he's been strongly involved with the globalist movement, he's been an eyewitness to the events unfolding.

There was a meeting recently in January by the economic forum and World Health Organization. That spoke very openly about many things that are in the works.

One of the things that they talked about was that the world needs a "Polycrisis" to correct the course of humanity.

These were the words that they were using he said.

They talked openly about all these subjects and the news media was there Fox CNN World News BBC and many others. You're going to be shocked about the things they talked about and as we already know nothing has been posted in the news

They spoke about having a new much deadlier disease outbreak. They are going to claim that it is 20 times deadlier than the covid-19 outbreak.

They also spoke about having a economic upheaval and possibly starting a war that would cause all sorts of Havoc.

The full intention of this is destabilization of all the governments around the world to which they can step in and become the heroes of the world.

It seems fairly incredible that these agencies would do such a thing, however at the end of May they're going to have another meeting it will be a World Pandemic Meeting and somewhere about the same time you're going to start seeing all sorts of messages about this greater virus that's going to be so much stronger than the covid starts bringing up. The whole focus is trying to get the world fearful of what could be.

As you know people in their fear are more than willing to give up all the rights to everything.

They want to implement electronic currency and they're going to use this so-called pandemic as a means to say that money is the spread of the disease.

If you'd like to read up more the man's name is Gary Kah. I believe he has a website referred to GaryKah.com

May Jesus fill us with his wisdom and love and bless us from the darkness

A friend of mine sent me some scarry information as he's been strongly involved with the globalist movement, he's been an eyewitness to the events unfolding.

There was a meeting recently in January by the economic forum and World Health Organization. That spoke very openly about many things that are in the works.

One of the things that they talked about was that the world needs a "Polycrisis" to correct the course of humanity.

These were the words that they were using he said.

They talked openly about all these subjects and the news media was there Fox CNN World News BBC and many others. You're going to be shocked about the things they talked about and as we already know nothing has been posted in the news

They spoke about having a new much deadlier disease outbreak. They are going to claim that it is 20 times deadlier than the covid-19 outbreak.

They also spoke about having a economic upheaval and possibly starting a war that would cause all sorts of Havoc.

The full intention of this is destabilization of all the governments around the world to which they can step in and become the heroes of the world.

It seems fairly incredible that these agencies would do such a thing, however at the end of May they're going to have another meeting it will be a World Pandemic Meeting and somewhere about the same time you're going to start seeing all sorts of messages about this greater virus that's going to be so much stronger than the covid starts bringing up. The whole focus is trying to get the world fearful of what could be.

As you know people in their fear are more than willing to give up all the rights to everything.

They want to implement electronic currency and they're going to use this so-called pandemic as a means to say that money is the spread of the disease.

If you'd like to read up more the man's name is Gary Kah. I believe he has a website referred to GaryKah.com
That is interesting. I am going to pin this to the memory board of my mind and when I hear these topics pop up I will know what to look for and expect. Thank you so much for sharing. BTW good read Paul Salus Psalm 83.