• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Can a Believer Sin?

Can a believer sin?

• 1. NO

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • 2. YES

Votes: 10 83.3%

• Total voters
Loyal
Matt 18:15; "If your brother sins, go and show him his fault in private; if he listens to you, you have won your brother.
Luke 17:3; "Be on your guard! If your brother sins, rebuke him; and if he repents, forgive him.

If "your brother" sins. Obviously if he wasn't a saved believer, he wouldn't be my brother. But apparently brothers can sin.

1 Jn 2:1; My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous;

Do non-saved people ave Jesus as an advocate for their sins? No, only saved-believers do. But if we do "sin"... we have an advocate.

Jas 5:13; Is anyone among you suffering? Then he must pray. Is anyone cheerful? He is to sing praises.
Jas 5:14; Is anyone among you sick? Then he must call for the elders of the church and they are to pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord;
Jas 5:15; and the prayer offered in faith will restore the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up, and if he has committed sins, they will be forgiven him.
Jas 5:16; Therefore, confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another so that you may be healed. The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much.

The passage above is talking about those "among" you. Members of the body. Christians.
Yet verse 15 says if they "sin"... they can be forgiven.

I think it's obvious Christians can sin. Even Paul said he sinned sometimes. ( Rom 7:15-21; )

Matt 18:21; Then Peter came and said to Him, "Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me and I forgive him? Up to seven times?"

If my brothers "sins"? Jesus didn't answer... "your brother can't sin". He answered... forgive him if he repents.