Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Catholic theology equals a jesus christ not come in the flesh

Although i liked your post
I do not beleive that any man should have false doctrines who knows and is in jesus christs'
church , his body.
Destructive heresies cannot be tolerated at all!
Not in the least
Not at all
Now way.

The actions against them are what i do here
They are not remedied by murder.

The problem always, of course, is, who decides what doctrines are false and what are destructive heresies? There are supposedly more than 30,000 different Christian (Protestant for the most part) groups called churches. Many of them read or study the same Bibles that we do. It is easy to say, "I am right and you are wrong", but saying it doesn't make it so. Only God always knows the right of a matter... and those to whom He has revealed it, but what happens when two believers meet and bump heads sharply on an issue? Discussion is fine so long as it remains discussion rather an unwinnable argument. There really is a "time to keep silence"[Ecc3:7]. There is a time to back away even though you are sure you are right.

"...Only God gives the increase" [see I Cor 3:6-7]

Also: "Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the LORD pondereth the hearts." Prov 21:2

Having grown up as a Roman Catholic I do understand much of what they are and what they have been. It was as a Catholic that I first met God as a 6 years old child... but, God brought me out of there very many years ago. Others do remain who do know God. They have a lot of error, but who does not?

If we have the proper foundation and keep it, ["For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ." I Cor 3:11], we will make it to the end, but do we not also wish to grow? Without being led by the Holy Ghost, where would we end up? Would we not, trying to stand still and alone, end up sliding backward?

"For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath." Matt 13:12
Help us dear Lord!
Hi! 'Amadeus2'
I much appreciate your expressed sentiment here. It seems to me that a lot of Christian ideologues are far too eager to condemn; ... to extinguish the frail candle for those followers of Jesus who have yet to completely emerge from their 'shades of gray'. The early church apostles encountered these same zealous purists when new Christian converts were having to wrestle with the traditional/cultural religion of their day.

The problem always, of course, is, who decides what doctrines are false and what are destructive heresies? There are supposedly more than 30,000 different Christian (Protestant for the most part) groups called churches. Many of them read or study the same Bibles that we do. It is easy to say, "I am right and you are wrong", but saying it doesn't make it so. Only God always knows the right of a matter... and those to whom He has revealed it, but what happens when two believers meet and bump heads sharply on an issue? Discussion is fine so long as it remains discussion rather an unwinnable argument. There really is a "time to keep silence"[Ecc3:7]. There is a time to back away even though you are sure you are right.

"...Only God gives the increase" [see I Cor 3:6-7]

Also: "Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the LORD pondereth the hearts." Prov 21:2
The problem is the word of God as far as heresy within the catohlic church in concerned.
The word of God is the probem they seek to overcome.
But they just cannot no matter how hard they try for its is the truth and their doctrines are the lie.

There are many permisive differences in thought in various congregations and individual christians even which are not heresies
There is a big difference between the vile offensive blasphemies of catholic doctrines, which are obvious very real heresies and the true body of christ's differences in thought about certain disputable matters.

How does one know exept by the word?
I hope you realise the roman catholic church has the blood of 100 million souls on its hands.
May the Lord Rebuke its worldy papal masters and their tribe of false teachers and may all within it come out of it in haste at this very hour and seek the refuge of faith in The Lord Jesus christ.

Hello all.

If you can discover the city below, then you have discovered the identity of the great harlot.

The following are descriptive verses (in blue) from the book of Revelations, concerning the harlot's identity.

The woman whom you saw is the great city

Which city is the great city, and there are a number of candidates here?

The seven heads are seven hills on which the woman sits

Which city is renowned for sitting on seven hills?

She is dressed in purple and scarlet

Which city has members dressed in purple and scarlet?

She is glittering with gold, precious stones and pearls

Which city has enormous wealth and is renowned for trade in luxury goods?

Drunk with the blood of the saints?

This verse sharply reduces the number of candidate cities, which city has been responsible for killing the saints?

She held a golden cup in her hand

Which city is known for a golden cup?

She says in her heart, I sit as a queen and I am not a widow

Which city is the one and only city, that boasts that she is the true queen of Christ?

Hi! 'Amadeus2'
I much appreciate your expressed sentiment here. It seems to me that a lot of Christian ideologues are far too eager to condemn; ... to extinguish the frail candle for those followers of Jesus who have yet to completely emerge from their 'shades of gray'. The early church apostles encountered these same zealous purists when new Christian converts were having to wrestle with the traditional/cultural religion of their day.

Yes, I can remember my own zeal as a new convert (into a non-Catholic church). I did not of course then realize just how ignorant I was. Now I've been around for nearly 40 years and a very significant difference is that now I am much more aware of just how ignorant I still am. Growing however is continuing as I allow God to work in me. No limits with God. Me, I am the limit.

The problem is the word of God as far as heresy within the catohlic church in concerned.
The word of God is the probem they seek to overcome.
But they just cannot no matter how hard they try for its is the truth and their doctrines are the lie.
Not all of their doctrines are lies, at least not from where I am looking. The scripture still holds true that "every man is a liar". Our lies may be unintentional or spoken in ignorance, but they are still lies. Until we have overcome the world, our own little world of me, as Jesus did, we will likely still be liars. Help us Lord!

I am not condemning anyone who is catholic only the false teachings that attack them and their faith in the true gospel of Jesus Christ ,and so false teachings that seek to deceive the church and the whole world!

I do not even judge the papacy although i know God will
For They are and have to be the antichrist.
I have a few questions for you.
Did Adam and first Eve cooperate with satan believing his Lies. Yes As a woman first coperated with satan to bring sin into the world .
In Gods way (and if you truly know him he has a way of doing things). God Brought Salvation(Jesus) back into the world Through a Woman (Mary) and A Man (Joseph)
Everyone Always forgets poor Joseph even Catholics.

Mary was the New Arch of the Covenant and since She was to bring Salvation(Jesus) back into the world she had to be as Eve was before the Fall (without Sin):
1. Hail, Full of Grace
The Old Ark Was the Physical Dwelling Place of the Shekinah Glory
The New Ark Was the Physical Dwelling Place of the Word Incarnate

2. The Contents of the Arks
Ark Contained the Commandments, Manna, & Aaron’s Rod

New Ark Contained Christ Our Lord: Logos, Bread of Life, King/Priest
3. Joy Before the Ark
King David & the Ark
Elizabeth & the New Ark
4. The Apocalypse of St. John
The Old Was Lost
The New Ark is Found

The outcome of the catholic heresy of the immaculate conception of Mary doctrine,
Results in a Jesus born of a woman not as and not of all flesh, for all flesh has sinned and fallen short of the Glory Of God, But for Mary , who the doctrine renders " born without sin" according to the papacies immaculate conception of Mary false Doctrine.
And so Catholicism actually preaches and teaches a Jesus birn of a woman not come in the flesh, but come in strange flesh , outside all flesh and unique flesh.
Not as a daughter of Eve.
And so the Roman Catholic body that is presided over by all its popes through the ages, is antichrist,

Jesus was born of God
Yet the teaching on identifying the spirit of antichrist
Specifically refers to his flesh of Christ and its human nature,
He came in the flesh; shared all our human flesh weakness was tempted like us in every way, and was Like us in all things but sin,
Jesus Christ came in the flesh he inherited from Mary,
who like all flesh has sinned and fallen short of the Glory Of God.

But for the catholic Mary, this truth is rejected
and she is replaced with a false mary who never sinned.
This is the deceptive nature of the catholic church, that they combe in and use his name yet subtle as the sepent teach , actualky preach another christ , another gospel , another jesus.

Just out of curiosity....Were you raised as a Romanist? Catholic? Are you trying to understand how the religion you were raised in came to that conclusion?
I ask this because it's a fruitless pursuit. If you're born again you are dead to all of that. You are a totally new creature. You are ( if I may put it this way) a hybrid. Part human and part God since the Holy Spirit lives in you. He cannot be removed. He is a part of you and you are a part of Him. All that religion stuff is just that, stuff. Concentrate now on Jesus and don't be distracted by stuff. Lean of Jesus, learn of Him, spend time in the Word and let the Word change you into His likeness, so that when people look at you, they see Him, and fall to their knees and ask "Sir! What must I do to be saved?"

... Part human and part God since the Holy Spirit lives in you. He cannot be removed. He is a part of you and you are a part of Him.

Hmmm, is this (underlined portion) really so? Can a person not force out the Holy Spirit by means of starvation? If we fail to properly and regularly eat of His flesh and drink of His blood, what then?

And what of this verse?

"And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come." Matt 12:32

Has a person lost his ability to choose between God and mammon after he has received the Holy Ghost?

Hmmm, is this (underlined portion) really so? Can a person not force out the Holy Spirit by means of starvation? If we fail to properly and regularly eat of His flesh and drink of His blood, what then?

And what of this verse?

"And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come." Matt 12:32

Has a person lost his ability to choose between God and mammon after he has received the Holy Ghost?

One who is truly saved will not blaspheme the Holy Spirit. The one who blasphemes the Holy Spirit is not saved at all.

So...Can a Christian actually lose the Holy Spirit?

John 10:27-28 (CJB)

27 My sheep listen to my voice, I recognize them, they follow me, 28 and I give them eternal life. They will absolutely never be destroyed, and no one will snatch them from my hands.

One who is truly saved will not blaspheme the Holy Spirit. The one who blasphemes the Holy Spirit is not saved at all.

So...Can a Christian actually lose the Holy Spirit?

John 10:27-28 (CJB)

27 My sheep listen to my voice, I recognize them, they follow me, 28 and I give them eternal life. They will absolutely never be destroyed, and no one will snatch them from my hands.

Good words and a good verse, but salvation is dependent upon growth. We are not saved only once, but hopefully continuously and repeatedly until we have overcome everything that would tempt us to sin. That is what Jesus did. That is what we must, with His help, do as well:

"And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man." Luke 2:52

"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Jesus overcame the world of man that tempted Him. By the Holy Spirit, we may do the same... if we will.

Good words and a good verse, but salvation is dependent upon growth. We are not saved only once, but hopefully continuously and repeatedly until we have overcome everything that would tempt us to sin. That is what Jesus did. That is what we must, with His help, do as well:

"And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man." Luke 2:52

"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Jesus overcame the world of man that tempted Him. By the Holy Spirit, we may do the same... if we will.

Good verses here too amadeus2 my friend, but. There is no verse in here that says we can lose our salvation. Jesus increased in favor.....We can too. If I believe these things "I have overcome the world" I too can overcome the world, in Him.
Right you are. We can do all the things that Jesus did. But we cannot save ourselves. That's what we are trying to do by trying to do it all right. We are saved by faith (by trusting Jesus) We are saved then we get on with the growth. Spend time in the word. Washing of the water by the Word to renew our minds......
Romans 12:2 (CJB)
2 In other words, do not let yourselves be conformed to the standards of the ‘olam hazeh. Instead, keep letting yourselves be transformed by the renewing of your minds; so that you will know what God wants and will agree that what he wants is good, satisfying and able to succeed.

Ephesians 5:26-27 (KJV)
26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

Romans 8:1-2 (YLT)
8 There is, then, now no condemnation to those in Christ Jesus, who walk not according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit;

2 for the law of the Spirit of the life in Christ Jesus did set me free from the law of the sin and of the death

This thing of we're saved continually seems like Jesus bought us on an installation plan.

The bible does not say that I'm saved by growth. It says by God's empowering PRESENCE I am save through trusting Jesus.

Ephesians 2:5
Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)
Ephesians 2:8
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Good verses here too amadeus2 my friend, but. There is no verse in here that says we can lose our salvation. Jesus increased in favor.....We can too. If I believe these things "I have overcome the world" I too can overcome the world, in Him.

Yes, and without him, we can do nothing. With him in us all things are possible... including overcoming the world that stands between us and God. Just what world is between us and Him?

Right you are. We can do all the things that Jesus did. But we cannot save ourselves. That's what we are trying to do by trying to do it all right. We are saved by faith (by trusting Jesus) We are saved then we get on with the growth. Spend time in the word. Washing of the water by the Word to renew our minds......

We are truly to work as hard as we can although that is not enough. Because we have worked or are working the Lord fills in the gaps. That thing of "washing of the water by the Word" is us doing our part so he will do his part. Without his part, our part would be a wasted effort. Without us doing our part, he will not do his part in us.

Romans 12:2 (CJB)
2 In other words, do not let yourselves be conformed to the standards of the ‘olam hazeh. Instead, keep letting yourselves be transformed by the renewing of your minds; so that you will know what God wants and will agree that what he wants is good, satisfying and able to succeed.

Sorry my natural Hebrew is nearly non-existent. I had to look up 'olam hazeh', but you are correct.

Ephesians 5:26-27 (KJV)
26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

Romans 8:1-2 (YLT)
8 There is, then, now no condemnation to those in Christ Jesus, who walk not according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit;

2 for the law of the Spirit of the life in Christ Jesus did set me free from the law of the sin and of the death

I won't argue with scripture.

This thing of we're saved continually seems like Jesus bought us on an installation plan.

The bible does not say that I'm saved by growth. It says by God's empowering PRESENCE I am save through trusting Jesus.

No, we are not saved by growth, but without it we remain still and stagnate and die. To grow we need to eat and drink properly:

"Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.
Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day." John 6:53-54

Consider what happens to the natural body of a man if he fails to eat and drink properly.

Ephesians 2:5
Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)
Ephesians 2:8
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

The grace was the giving to us of the Way. We do have to choose to and then go ahead and walk in it. To walk we need to eat and drink properly.

Yes, and without him, we can do nothing. With him in us all things are possible... including overcoming the world that stands between us and God. Just what world is between us and Him?

We are truly to work as hard as we can although that is not enough. Because we have worked or are working the Lord fills in the gaps. That thing of "washing of the water by the Word" is us doing our part so he will do his part. Without his part, our part would be a wasted effort. Without us doing our part, he will not do his part in us.

Sorry my natural Hebrew is nearly non-existent. I had to look up 'olam hazeh', but you are correct.

No, we are not saved by growth, but without it we remain still and stagnate and die. To grow we need to eat and drink properly:

"Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.
Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day." John 6:53-54

Consider what happens to the natural body of a man if he fails to eat and drink properly.

The grace was the giving to us of the Way. We do have to choose to and then go ahead and walk in it. To walk we need to eat and drink properly.

I'm starting to think we agree but semantics are a laughing point. Sorry about the Hebrew. I really like that version of the bible

I'm starting to think we agree but semantics are a laughing point. Sorry about the Hebrew. I really like that version of the bible

Many people who agree on some basics don't communicate well. For this reason they may even be operating for God in different denominations. Remember always this verse:

"And now abide faith, hope, love [charity], these three; but the greatest of these is love [charity]." I Cor 13:13

By the way with the name Bendito, do you happen to speak or understand Spanish?

Many people who agree on some basics don't communicate well. For this reason they may even be operating for God in different denominations. Remember always this verse:

"And now abide faith, hope, love [charity], these three; but the greatest of these is love [charity]." I Cor 13:13

By the way with the name Bendito, do you happen to speak or understand Spanish?

I'm the blessed. LOL I'm learning that lovely language that rolls off the tongue like music

I'm sorry I love all my Brothers in Christ, but WE DONOT OVERCOME. Only By Allowing Christ in us is anything Overcome but not by us but thru us. It is a very Dangerous thing to say we over come, because in our fallen nature going back to Adam and Eve we have a part of us that is of flesh and that part will knowinly or Unknowingly try to cooperate with the evil one. That is why we much choose to act as Mary and Cooperate with God by Allowing him to enter our hearts as she offered to be the handmaiden of the Lord to allow God to bring Salvation (Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior) Into the world. Don't you understand that our original parents did as many of us do they created the problems of the world thru disobedience and by wanting to be as God. Was that not the lie satan told eve. "Eat the forbidden fruit and you will be as God." I am nothing without God with him Everything, but Only because of him be careful not to fall prey to the works of pride from the evil one. It is a very close but dangerous line he wants you to cross. My Dear Brother in Christ why the spirit of division are we not called "Unity in the Body
Ephesians 3 "being diligent to preserve the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. 4There is one body and one Spirit, just as also you were called in one hope of your calling;5one Lord, one faith, one baptism "
11So Christ himself gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the pastors and teachers, 12to equip his people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up 13until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.

14Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of people in their deceitful scheming. 15Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will grow to become in every respect the mature body of him who is the head, that is, Christ. 16From him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work.

I'm sorry I love all my Brothers in Christ, but WE DONOT OVERCOME. Only By Allowing Christ in us is anything Overcome but not by us but thru us. It is a very Dangerous thing to say we over come, because in our fallen nature going back to Adam and Eve we have a part of us that is of flesh and that part will knowinly or Unknowingly try to cooperate with the evil one. That is why we much choose to act as Mary and Cooperate with God by Allowing him to enter our hearts as she offered to be the handmaiden of the Lord to allow God to bring Salvation (Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior) Into the world. Don't you understand that our original parents did as many of us do they created the problems of the world thru disobedience and by wanting to be as God. Was that not the lie satan told eve. "Eat the forbidden fruit and you will be as God." I am nothing without God with him Everything, but Only because of him be careful not to fall prey to the works of pride from the evil one. It is a very close but dangerous line he wants you to cross. My Dear Brother in Christ why the spirit of division are we not called "Unity in the Body
Ephesians 3 "being diligent to preserve the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. 4There is one body and one Spirit, just as also you were called in one hope of your calling;5one Lord, one faith, one baptism "
11So Christ himself gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the pastors and teachers, 12to equip his people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up 13until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.

14Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of people in their deceitful scheming. 15Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will grow to become in every respect the mature body of him who is the head, that is, Christ. 16From him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work.

The Short version Thy will be done NOT my will be done.

Wow!! You said: “I'm sorry I love all my Brothers in Christ, but WE DONOT OVERCOME. Only By Allowing Christ in us is anything Overcome but not by us but thru us. It is a very Dangerous thing to say we overcome,” Not so…

1 John 5:4

For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

1 John 5:5

Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

Revelation 2:7

He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.

Revelation 2:11

He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.

Revelation 2:17

He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

Revelation 2:26

And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:

Revelation 3:5

He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

Revelation 3:12

Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

Revelation 3:21

To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

Revelation 21:7

He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

Revelation 12:11 (KJV)

11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the Word in their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

2 You said “because in our fallen nature going back to Adam and Eve we have a part of us that is of flesh and that part will knowinly or Unknowingly try to cooperate with the evil one.”

This is not so.

If you are born again you do not have a ‘fallen nature/ sinful nature’ You died and were born again with the very nature of God.

Romans 1:17

For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Romans 3:22

Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

2 Corinthians 5:21

For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

You cannot have a sinful nature and be the righteousness of God. You are one or the other. Righteousness is by faith. If you live by faith you are righteous.

3 and uh…Cooperate with Mary who? I serve Father God and my Lord and brother Jesus. Mary is no more than I am. Saved by Grace

Back