Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Done Something Bad

Rickeo

Hi,

I have done something really bad :( I just found out my gf is pregnant and I dunno what to do now.

I really want to keep it but she is thinking about an abortion we are so young but I dnt agree with abortion :( it seems like everyone has turned there back on me my parents, family, friends, church, God :(

Please help any advice much appreciated

Rick

Well Abortion is a big, NO, its not fair to the life of the baby. Our parents had us, we should take responsiblity and not abort.

Its understandable, for parents to react with disappointment, give them time to rationalize the situation.

You and your girlfriend need to seek, counselling. If she is not ready to be a mom there are other avenues.

The shame you both feel, should not be the motivation behind killing that baby.

You girlfriend is scared right now, be there for her. The shame is harder for females than males. Be there for her, now is the time to turn to the church and give this to God.

I will provide some resourceful info for both you and your girlfriend.

Question: "What does the Bible say about abortion?"

Answer: The Bible never specifically addresses the issue of abortion. However, there are numerous teachings in Scripture that make it abundantly clear what God’s view of abortion is. Jeremiah 1:5 tells us that God knows us before He knits us in the womb. Psalm 139:13-16 speaks of God’s active role in our creation and formation in the womb. Exodus 21:22-25 prescribes the same penalty for someone who causes the death of a baby in the womb as the penalty for someone who commits murder. This clearly indicates that God considers a baby in the womb as just as much of a human being as a full-grown adult. For the Christian, abortion is not a matter of a woman’s right to choose. It is a matter of the life or death of a human being made in God’s image (Genesis 1:26-27; 9:6).

The first argument that always arises against the Christian stance on abortion is, “What about cases of rape and/or incest?” As horrible as it would be to become pregnant as a result of rape and/or incest, does that make the murder of a baby the answer? Two wrongs do not make a right. The child who is a result of rape/incest could be given up for adoption to a loving family unable to have children on their own – or the child could be raised by its mother. Again, the baby should not be punished for the evil acts of its father.

The second argument that usually arises against the Christian stance on abortion is, “What about when the life of the mother is at risk?” Honestly, this is the most difficult question to answer on the issue of abortion. First, let’s remember that this situation is the reason behind less than one-tenth of one percent of the abortions done in the world today. Far more women have an abortion because they do not want to “ruin their body” than women who have an abortion to save their own lives. Second, let’s remember that God is a God of miracles. He can preserve the life of a mother and a child despite all the medical odds being against it. Ultimately, though, this question can only be decided between a husband, wife, and God. Any couple facing this extremely difficult situation should pray to the Lord for wisdom (James 1:5) as to what He would have them to do.

94% of the abortions performed in the world today are for reasons other than the life of the mother being at risk. The vast majority of instances can be qualified under "A woman and/or her partner decide they do not want the baby they have conceived." This is an utmost evil. Even in the more difficult 6% of instances, abortion should never be the first option. The life of a human being in the womb is worth every effort to allow a full-term birthing process.

For those who have had an abortion – the sin of abortion is no less forgivable than any other sin. Through faith in Christ, any and all sins can be forgiven (John 3:16; Romans 8:1; Colossians 1:14). A woman who has had an abortion, or a man who has encouraged an abortion, or even a doctor who has performed one – all can be forgiven by faith in Jesus Christ

To the readers, please note this is the teen forum for "teens".

Last edited:
Brother Rickeo, a lot of people have been in your shoes at your age. Be a true Christian, a true father and do not abort. I hope your girlfriend is saved at least. This way, you both can fully depend on Christ for help and healing. For sustaining you and helping you become the parents GOD expects of you. Don't worry about everyone else. If they wish to pass judgment, remind them that they are sinners no less than you are and they should be supportive. GOD did not condemn them, neither should they condemn you.

I will keep you in prayer brother. Its not the end of the world trust me, GOD is with you and has not turned away from you because of the mistake you both made. GOD is more patient than we can understand.

I don't want to abort at all but it is on her mind I really don't want her too I have tried talking to her.

I just wish I could feel God right now I can't my heads so messed up I don't think I can be a good Dad at 17 and I don't know what to do.

I don't agree with abortion and I don't want to give the baby for adoption am so confused :s

It is a wonderful thing, a precious thing to have a baby. Please go ahead with the birth.

This child will bring so much joy to you.......your own child. Flesh and blood.

If I were your father I would advise you to get married as quick as can be arranged.

Praying as I write.

I'll be praying for you, Rickeo. God Bless you for being against abortion. I pray that your girlfriend will not abort. Keep praying about it and trust God will all your heart.

Jeremiah 1:5
"Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb.." KJV

Proverbs 3:5
"Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding." KJV

God Bless you

I remember that my pastor says having that baby is not a mistake. But abortion is killing a baby, I know one church in this Spanish Pentecostal church that I go to sometimes which I haven’t in 3 or 4 weeks now but I could say that there was young people which I don’t know how many but in that church they was praying and there was a light came through the window and the lord took one of them to some place but this person was taken to Heaven and when he got up there to heaven and saw many babies, he ask the lord why there so many babies, the lords says, what you see here is all the babies that was abortion by there mothers... What I am saying is, is that abortion is a murder and murder is a spirit but because you got to praise God that your not one of those that was abort by your own mother....

Rick, you are not alone. There have been many others in your shoes and God will give you the strength if you chose to do the right thing. You know what's the difference between right and wrong. You know what God wants you to do. As for everyone who's turned their back on you, all you have to worry about is Jesus being with you.

Yes, you fell into sin, but if you ask God for forgiveness, the bible says that his mercy is new every morning. Have faith that He forgives you and know that you have Him by your side.

I personally had an abortion at 19 and I tell you Mark, it's the one thing in my past that I wish I could change. I felt so much conviction about it when I became Christian. There are so many people out there who aren't able to have kids. Please do the right thing.

Ok thank you everyone for your help.

Update: Jess (my gf) goes to a Christian school her school decided to tell her mum and dad today her dad is a Christian. I am not sure how they have re-acted as I haven't heard back from them yet I don't know if her parents make her get rid of the baby.
I am pretty sure either way now they will stop me seeing her so I am not sure what to do.
My head is a little messed up am upset and hurting I am not sure what is going to happen :(

Once again everyone thanks for your help :)

Rick

I will keep the both of you in Prayer.

----------------------
Teen Forum

Ok thank you everyone for your help.

Update: Jess (my gf) goes to a Christian school her school decided to tell her mum and dad today her dad is a Christian. I am not sure how they have re-acted as I haven't heard back from them yet I don't know if her parents make her get rid of the baby.
I am pretty sure either way now they will stop me seeing her so I am not sure what to do.
My head is a little messed up am upset and hurting I am not sure what is going to happen :(

Once again everyone thanks for your help :)

Rick

Boy, I was there with you I would of spoke bold lol but ummm just keep faith in God.. I can do all things in Christ that gives me life’s to my bone! Speak it brotha because why! The bible says that death and life are in the power of our tongue, you need to speak that it wont happen, you need to speak life in such positive ways just put that in your heart and believe to what you just spoke and believe that God is able! I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me, Haallelu’Jah santo, Gloria a DIOS !The road to success is not straight.
There is a curve called Failure.
A loop called confusion,
speed bumps called Friends,
red lights called Enemies,
caution lights called Family.
You will have flats called low faith.
But, if you have a spare called Determination,
an engine called Perseverance,
insurance called Faith,
a driver called Jesus,
you will make it to a place called Success!
Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart,
all ye that hope in the LORD.
Psalm 31:24 (KJV)

Hope this was encourages, and speak those things, come lay hands on that doctor office and speak not death but speak life that this child of yours kept alive, but remember speak life all day and every! Love ya. Got cha in my prayers...:love::love:

Jess seen the doctor today to talk about her options she has kept the baby this long a big suprise to me. She still does not know if she wants to keep the babby but with Gods grace she has kept it this long so I have hope she will keep the baby.

However I am highly deeply depressed and hurting I have not spoke to her for 3 days now here mum has made her promise to never see or speak to me again and I can't live without her I love her so much.

I have suicide thoughts in my head that I can't get rid of and it feels like am holding on very tight to life and to God but it is so hard to keep holding.

Am 17 and I feel soooooo bad I hurt sooooo much my life is such a mess right now and I can no longer see the future :(

I am in serious need of help and I don't know what to do :(

Rick

Brother Rickeo, we will all pray together for you and your girlfriend. Don't worry about the future. No matter what our circumstances in life are, whether we're currently happy or not - Scripture tells us not to worry about tomorrow.

Matthew 6:34

34Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

GOD can fix ANY problems we encounter in life. Whether they are from our sins or from others' sins against us. GOD is our Healer. Just be faithful.

Psalm 46:10

Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.

Rickeo, I encourage you to consider who has planted the thoughts of suicide in your head. We know they are placed there by the father of lies, satan himself. Do not give him the time of day. He desires to ruin your life. Jesus will bring peace to your life if you will allow Him to. Open your heart to Him recognizing that you have failed. Keep your eyes on Him. He said that He would never leave you or forsake you. He alone has the ability to help you through this time. Jesus begins to work when we no longer can. What an awesome Savior we have. He knows about you little baby. He loves her/him much more than you ever dreamed. Give your life to Jesus Christ leave footprints for little ones to follow.

God bless you brother, keep your eyes on God.
When you fall you just get back up.

I will continue praying for you.

-----------------------------------------
Teen Forum for teens

Just Got this verse...

Isaiah 43:2

When you pass through the waters,
I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze.

God walks with us,
everytime you hear those voices remember God is there with you.
The fire is hot, but guess what you will not get burn.
It will rain and flood, but guess what you will not drown.

God is saying " I will be with you "
He is the same God yesterday and Today, his promises are for everyone.

I love you, and will keep you in Prayer.

--------------------
Teen Forum

I have suicide thoughts in my head that I can't get rid of and it feels like am holding on very tight to life and to God but it is so hard to keep holding.

Am 17 and I feel soooooo bad I hurt sooooo much my life is such a mess right now and I can no longer see the future :(

I am in serious need of help and I don't know what to do :(

Rick

God loves you soooooo much and he sees that you are trying to do the right thing!!! Don't let the enemy put those thoughts in your mind brother. You are not alone during this trial, although that's what the enemy wants you to think! We are all here to help you! Look what the bible says:

Psalm 91
1 Those who live in the shelter of the Most High
will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
2 This I declare about the Lord:
He alone is my refuge, my place of safety;
he is my God, and I trust him.
3 For he will rescue you from every trap
and protect you from deadly disease.
4 He will cover you with his feathers.
He will shelter you with his wings.
His faithful promises are your armor and protection.
5 Do not be afraid of the terrors of the night,
nor the arrow that flies in the day.
6 Do not dread the disease that stalks in darkness,
nor the disaster that strikes at midday.
7 Though a thousand fall at your side,
though ten thousand are dying around you,
these evils will not touch you.
8 Just open your eyes,
and see how the wicked are punished.

9 If you make the Lord your refuge,
if you make the Most High your shelter,
10 no evil will conquer you;
no plague will come near your home.
11 For he will order his angels
to protect you wherever you go.
12 They will hold you up with their hands
so you won’t even hurt your foot on a stone.
13 You will trample upon lions and cobras;
you will crush fierce lions and serpents under your feet!

14 The Lord says, “I will rescue those who love me.
I will protect those who trust in my name.
15 When they call on me, I will answer;
I will be with them in trouble.
I will rescue and honor them.
16 I will reward them with a long life
and give them my salvation.”

Back