• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Gap Theory

Loyal
I'm wondering what people think, know, or think they know,;), about this Gap Theory...For those who don't know what that is....vs 1 "In the beginning God created the heavens and the Earth" vs2 "The Earth was without form and void.' vs 3 "God said let there be light" Then verse 6-9 God created solid earth and the heavens....What happened between Vs 1 and vs 3? Many believe that Satan wrecked the Earth and Vs 3 is God re creating the Earth....
So...What do you think? Dig deep and look around before you answer.....There will be an exam when we're finished. LOL

Loyal
Not sure about Satan wrecking the earth and such, but I have heard it's possible
that there could be billions of years between verses 2 and 3.

Loyal
Not sure about Satan wrecking the earth and such, but I have heard it's possible
that there could be billions of years between verses 2 and 3.
The theory says that Satan made the dinosaurs during that time, but there is real evidence that they live in the time of man...In fact many North American Indian peoples have legends of their people hunting mammoth etc..

Active

RJ

I'm wondering what people think, know, or think they know,;), about this Gap Theory...For those who don't know what that is....vs 1 "In the beginning God created the heavens and the Earth" vs2 "The Earth was without form and void.' vs 3 "God said let there be light" Then verse 6-9 God created solid earth and the heavens....What happened between Vs 1 and vs 3? Many believe that Satan wrecked the Earth and Vs 3 is God re creating the Earth....
So...What do you think? Dig deep and look around before you answer.....There will be an exam when we're finished. LOL
Or Restoration Creationism. Have studied it some but didn't give it much thought as valid or not....interesting but doesn't effect us much one way or another.

Loyal
Or Restoration Creationism. Have studied it some but didn't give it much thought as valid or not....interesting but doesn't effect us much one way or another.

Frankly I think it will have to do with us...I believe it's part of the great deception that is soon coming on the Earth. If we do not know what is happening we can get sucked in

Active

RJ

Frankly I think it will have to do with us...I believe it's part of the great deception that is soon coming on the Earth. If we do not know what is happening we can get sucked in
For sure with the non-believer but, I believe your stronger than that!

Loyal
That is part of the big deception - Believing that it will start one day. It has been in work for thousands of years. The devil has been busy all these years and the body of Christ has been accepting lies and fighting one another all along.

Active

Well is there any proof that angels were not on earth before mankind? Prove that and you debunk the gap theory completely. As God is not evil. All dino's would have been herbivores. God made lions with big teeth lie with lambs, because He knew mankinds' fall was coming.

The best argument for dino's being pre flood is that fresh air made all things larger. That is true I believe. But, applying a pro rata shrinkage factor still raises many questions. A Mosasaur being of the crocodile family is believable (Jurassic Park just really sensationalized it's size). But a Brachiosaurus. We have found the fossils of humungous ones. The pro rata shrinkage factor does not match a komodo dragon. The only way to debunk this is to say that 'two of kind' was very limited. Two dogs were taken when there could have being 1000's more. Two dino eggs and 1000's ignored.

But whichever we believe, it is actually not that important of a difference. The non debatable issue is age of mankind. It is not millions of years. It can only be 6k to 7.5k (per septuagint I think) years ago. Evolved man mocks God, the bible and the cross.

Loyal
For sure with the non-believer but, I believe your stronger than that!
When you know what to expect you don't get deceived,. unless you're deliberately stupid which is nobody here, but when you see things you cannot explain.....and there will be some awesome displays that will blow your mind.

Loyal
That is part of the big deception - Believing that it will start one day. It has been in work for thousands of years. The devil has been busy all these years and the body of Christ has been accepting lies and fighting one another all along.
Yup You're right there, but nothing compared with what is to come.

Loyal
Well is there any proof that angels were not on earth before mankind? Prove that and you debunk the gap theory completely. As God is not evil. All dino's would have been herbivores. God made lions with big teeth lie with lambs, because He knew mankinds' fall was coming.

The best argument for dino's being pre flood is that fresh air made all things larger. That is true I believe. But, applying a pro rata shrinkage factor still raises many questions. A Mosasaur being of the crocodile family is believable (Jurassic Park just really sensationalized it's size). But a Brachiosaurus. We have found the fossils of humungous ones. The pro rata shrinkage factor does not match a komodo dragon. The only way to debunk this is to say that 'two of kind' was very limited. Two dogs were taken when there could have being 1000's more. Two dino eggs and 1000's ignored.

But whichever we believe, it is actually not that important of a difference. The non debatable issue is age of mankind. It is not millions of years. It can only be 6k to 7.5k (per septuagint I think) years ago. Evolved man mocks God, the bible and the cross.

Man has been on the Earth for about six thousand years, the Bible does not say anything about the age of the planet.

Loyal
Anyone truly born of water and of the spirit will not be deceived by man or Satan, nothing that that will matter.

You may be right.
But Paul tells believers in 1 Cor 6:9; ... do not be deceived.
He also tells believers in 1 Cor 15:33; ... do not be deceived. I wonder why He would give this warning to believers?

In fact in 2 Cor 11:3; Paul tells the Corinthians, I am afraid that just like Eve was deceived, you also will be deceived.
Why would he say that to the church?

In Eph 5:6; Paul tells the believers at Ephesus... "let no one deceive you".
In 2 Thess 2:3; He tells the Thessalonians ... "Let no one in way deceive you".

In James 1:16; James says .. "do not be deceived".

In 1 Jn 3:7; John says ... "make sure no one deceives you".

Jesus says in Matt 24:24; false Christs and false prophets will do great signs and wonders to mislead and deceive even the elect
(saved). ( Mark 13:22; )

1 Tim 4:1; says that some will fall away from the faith to pay attention to the doctrines of demons.

I am curious if you have scripture that says no one will be deceived?

Loyal
1 John 4:1

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

2 Corinthians 11:3

But I am afraid that, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, your minds will be led astray from the simplicity and purity of devotion to Christ.

Matthew 24:4

And Jesus answered and said to them, "See to it that no one misleads you.

Ephesians 5:6

Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience.

Matthew 24:4-5

And Jesus answered and said to them, "See to it that no one misleads you. "For many will come in My name, saying, 'I am the Christ,' and will mislead many.

Galatians 6:7

Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, this he will also reap.

Hebrews 13:9 Stop being carried away by all kinds of unusual teachings, for it is good that the heart be strengthened by grace, not by food laws that have never helped those who follow them.

Ephesians 5:6 Don’t let anyone deceive you with meaningless words. It is because of sins like these that God’s anger comes to those who refuse to obey him.

2 Thessalonians 2:3 Don’t let anyone deceive you about this in any way. That day cannot come unless a revolt takes place first, and the man of sin, the man of destruction, is revealed.

Colossians 2:8 Be careful that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deceit based on human tradition, based on the elemental forces of the world, and not based on Christ.

2 Timothy 3:13-14 But evil people and impostors will go from bad to worse as they deceive others and are themselves deceived. But as for you, continue in what you have learned and found to be true, because you know from whom you learned it.

If God warns us to be careful to not get deceived, why would you think you cannot be deceived? That you believe this lie says that you are deceived.

Active

RJ

But Paul tells believers in 1 Cor 6:9; ... do not be deceived.
He also tells believers in 1 Cor 15:33; ... do not be deceived. I wonder why He would give this warning to believers?
What makes you think that Paul preached only to believers?....more than not, I am sure you would agree that the majority of his audience were those who did not believe.
In fact in 2 Cor 11:3; Paul tells the Corinthians, I am afraid that just like Eve was deceived, you also will be deceived.
Why would he say that to the church?
Look at the church today. Do think the church only has believers in them. I think we would both agree that one definition of a believer is one that is "Born Again", one who you and I, who have Christ in them.

I am curious if you have scripture that says no one will be deceived?
I don't need one. Again, for the most part, there is no proof that any of what Jesus said was only for believers. Possible the "Sermon on the Mount' was initially for the disciples, the hillside soon became full of all sorts.

Basically, it comes down to what you believe and how you relate to the word. God is in me, I can't see how he will get out of me. As far as myself, though I may waiver at times, I know in my heart that I will never be deceived to Apostasy. Could you?

Loyal
Why do I need scripture? Aren't you "Born Again", don't you have Christ in you? That being so, could you be deceived?

Why do you need scripture? Hmmmm Let me see.....Because scripture is what God says?.....I am looking for an answer that is not someone's wishful thinking...I'm looking for an answer based on what God says. No other answer is worth anything when it comes to the spirit
What you're saying is nothing but wind without Word.

Loyal
What makes you think that Paul preached only to believers?....more than not, I am sure you would agree that the majority of his audience were those who did not believe.

Who did Paul write the epistles to? The church. The saints. As far as I know, Romans is the only
epistle that could be considered partially for unbelievers. How does Paul start off his letters?

1 Cor 1:1; Paul, called to be an apostle of Jesus Christ through the will of God, and Sosthenes our brother,
1 Cor 1:2; To the church of God which is at Corinth, to those who are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all who in every place call on the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours:

Gal 1:1; Paul, an apostle (not from men nor through man, but through Jesus Christ and God the Father who raised Him from the dead),
Gal 1:2; and all the brethren who are with me, To the churches of Galatia:

Eph 1:1; Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, To the saints who are in Ephesus, and faithful in Christ Jesus:

Php 1:1; Paul and Timothy, bondservants of Jesus Christ, To all the saints in Christ Jesus who are in Philippi, with the bishops and deacons:

Col 1:1; Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, and Timothy our brother,
Col 1:2; To the saints and faithful brethren in Christ who are in Colosse:

1 Thess 1:1; Paul, Silvanus, and Timothy, To the church of the Thessalonians in God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ:

Even parts of Romans are specifically for the church. ( Rom 1:7; )

Why would unbelievers read a letter from Paul?