• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

How does one ...?

How does one turn around a life? I woke up this morning with this question on my mind and realized I had no idea. Thoughts? Suggestions?

Turn around your life...

Rom 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Jas 1:21 Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, (firmly planted in your heart, meditate on) which is able to save your souls.

The word of God having first place in your life....

Jesus Is Lord.

Active
How does one turn around a life? I woke up this morning with this question on my mind and realized I had no idea. Thoughts? Suggestions?

If it's your life

1 Thessalonians 5:22
Abstain from all appearance of evil.

John 13
34 A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. 35 By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.”

You will not do it alone.
John 14
Jesus Promises Another Helper
15 “If you love Me, keep[d] My commandments. 16 And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. 18 I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you.

The Work of the Holy Spirit
John 16
5 “But now I go away to Him who sent Me, and none of you asks Me, ‘Where are You going?’ 6 But because I have said these things to you, sorrow has filled your heart. 7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you. 8 And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: 9 of sin, because they do not believe in Me; 10 of righteousness, because I go to My Father and you see Me no more; 11 of judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged.
12 “I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. 13 However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come. 14 He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you. 15 All things that the Father has are Mine. Therefore I said that He will take of Mine and declare it to you.

If it's " a life ," meaning another you can not turn it around, only the Holy Spirit. We can witness to people.

Before anyone can turn around their life they must acknowledge who their master is,

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.John 14:6

The biggest distractions in new believers life and non christians are their idols. Sometimes sin becomes people idols, they worship it, its all they think about it. These bonds must be broken.

Colossians 3:5-6
New King James Version (NKJV)
5 Therefore put to death your members which are on the earth: fornication, uncleanness, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry. 6 Because of these things the wrath of God is coming upon the sons of disobedience

Ephesians 5:5
For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.

For one to completely turn away or have a new life they must not be one with the world but in their life be opposite. Not wanting to compromise.

Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, 2 corinthians 6:17

Last edited:
A very good question Plinshree! Something many people,
including myself, ask all the time. For me, it is an awkward
time to change my life because of the friends I have. Especially
ones that aren't afraid to speak things they shouldn't that
are on their mind. I hope you don't mind if I print out your
answers and put them on my wall Brother Mike and rizen. :)

Active
A very good question Plinshree! Something many people,
including myself, ask all the time. For me, it is an awkward
time to change my life because of the friends I have. Especially
ones that aren't afraid to speak things they shouldn't that
are on their mind. I hope you don't mind if I print out your

To God be the glory all praises belong to him. Freely his love and wisdom was given to me and freely his words spoken through me are free for any use.

it is an awkward
time to change my life because of the friends I have

I personally know how it feels to be in that position, so if you ever need to chat feel free to message me.

Last edited:
Print away..

I hope you don't mind if I print out your

Go right ahead........

Rom 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

The young today live in a Godless world... our own youth in Church are taught that God is real, the Word must be first place in their life, the Word has Power in it to change our thinking...

Keeping focused on the Word, and being a doer of the Word, comparing every situation, every phrase someone says, comparing to the Word will keep us on track. We view the World through the Word of God.. The Word is what Transforms, the Word will change.

3 years ago, we had a terrible snow storm..... Several of our Youth that attend School Got a Unction by the Holy Spirit to ask to go Home early... All seven Kids had the same unction because they had driven to school... and the Lord wanting to protect them... They ended up in the School office together surprised to see one another asking the same thing.

All Seven being filled with the Holy Spirit where let off early... and God home safely..

The snow storm hit.................. and the School did not dismiss in time... All the younger kids in Middle school where trapped in the gym.....

My son included... until someone with a 4 wheel drive was able to bring my son home at 6:30pm...

1Ti 4:12 Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity.

Let nobody think less of you, or God's ability in you. Be an example to others with conversation, faith, purity, spirit and charity......

Jesus Is Lord.

Active
Very good observations! For me Phinshree, I was so tired of being a cheese and cracker Christian.Here is a story once told me I have never forgotton it,it got me off my ah bottom,to DO!!! something about it!

One day a jewish man wanted to come to America, he bought his ticket,and had very little money left,so he spent the rest of his money on cheese and crackers,he knew this could keep him alive through the long journey. The ship sailed,and he was most happy! The Captain of the ship noticed this man, and watched him for a week,every morning noon and night,for breakfast lunch and dinner this man was eating cheese and crackers.

About 2 days out of New York City,the captain came over to the man, and said" Excuse me sir,but I have been watching you now for a week,and everyday you eat cheese and crackers??Why is this?" The man sitting by the bow of the ship said"Captain I had very little money,I so wanted to come and live better in America,so with money I had left,I bought it up in cheese and crackers, I knew it would keep me alive till I got there."

The Captain said,why didn't you know,that when you bought your ticket it entitled you to everything!! to 3 meals a day, and all the riches of the ship!!

Many believers settle for cheese and crackers in the relationship with Jesus. They do not have to,but they spend so little time in the Word,and in prayer,that they really do not know! Well sister.I am here to tell you,you are granted all the blessing of being a Kings KID!!

But you have to seek.( matt 7:7-11) For when one sits down to dinner, how will they know what they are having until it is presented to them? OR!! until they find out for themselves beforehand. We are given the Word,but we have to look, and seek, and find what promises we have.Do this,and you joy will be made full!( John 10:10) Have fun!! LOOK,see, confess,and believe,for being a Kings Kid,is learning knowledge. ( Hosea 4:6)

People are destroyed because of the lack of this knowledge in God's Word. So get rid of the cheese and crackers and belly up to your favorite food, be it steak or fish!! God's Word is that food! Dig in, and eat till you are full!! blessing to you!

Last edited:
Be Bold, Be Strong

We as humans sometimes can't except yes for an answer, often the answer is right in front of us but we are to blind to see it. Many years ago Jesus told me a story, it was about me at the time, but i guess it was about alot of people too. It goes like this....

There once was a good man who had a good wife, there life was blessed with many things but they only had one son and could not have anymore kids. The man and wife went to the homeless kids shelter to adopt another kid so there son had someone to play with. After all the papper work was done the family went home, their blood son went about the house playing and singing, helping himself to the fridge and cubbards as he always did. But the new kid, knew nothing of this house and just sat on the stool in the kitchen and did not move. For days the kid did not move or help himself to anything, then the father noticed the kid was not living as the blood son, so the father said to the new kid, you are an orphan no more, feel free to move around and use what you want as thought its yours.

Jesus told me that day so long ago, many are like that in Him, afraid to live boldly in His house afraid to help themselve to the fridge but sit so still on a stool in the kitchen. If you want to change a life in Jesus, be bold, be strong, we live with a King as a brother and have a wonderful Father that gave us a home and home means freedom to move around, we are orphens no more.....

Hope it helps
Blessing T

Brother Mike's reference to Ro 12:2 is good, but I need to add that I didn't turn my life around, He did. As Php 2:13 points out, it is God's power at work in me that makes the difference.

Spirit Led Ed (SLE)