• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

I am Floating around

So you come to a Christian forum to float around to try to understand why so many people can not be swayed or to bait an argument?

I will answer you in hopes that your intention is for understanding and not malicious.

I gave my heart to Jesus when I was 16 years old. The relationship we have is precious. It is more than just going to heaven later. It is the here and now. Being born again of the Holy Spirit of God (John chapter 3), comes with a bonus and that is once you know Him as savior and you learn His voice through scripture, people are not able to convince you that He is just some pie in the sky myth because you know the truth and the truth has set you free.

So you come to a Christian forum to float around to try to understand why so many people can not be swayed or to bait an argument?

I will answer you in hopes that your intention is for understanding and not malicious.

I gave my heart to Jesus when I was 16 years old. The relationship we have is precious. It is more than just going to heaven later. It is the here and now. Being born again of the Holy Spirit of God (John chapter 3), comes with a bonus and that is once you know Him as savior and you learn His voice through scripture, people are not able to convince you that He is just some pie in the sky myth because you know the truth and the truth has set you free.

You might believe that to be true and are entitled to do so, but many of us have been more than disappointed by Christianity, especially those who believe in being 'saved'.

God is not a genie you can call up to fix your mistakes or answer your demands. The relationship is based on His grace and love. Walking in His word involves trusting His character when you can't see His hand at work in a particular situation.

God is not a genie you can call up to fix your mistakes or answer your demands. The relationship is based on His grace and love. Walking in His word involves trusting His character when you can't see His hand at work in a particular situation.

As I said you are entitled to your opinion which is all it is.

Staff Member
@Floating around
Wow! The Holy Spirit must be working on you for you to be back!!!!
Awesome indeed!!!

Do you ever wonder why you feel the need to keep coming back to the people/place/things that gives you such angst as Christianity seems to?

That you won't change others minds must be evident by now. So, why the need to keep being drawn back? May one of these times the realization that it's not man, but the incompressible event that God manifested as Man would die for a world that has no love for Him?

Yes, and this is historically accurate and confirmed by the writings of those both in and out of Christendom.

Always, with the Love of Christ Jesus.
Nick
<><

In case you decide to grab a hold of "This is my first time". The conditions & questions still apply? Open to your questions and sincere seeking, but not abuse.

Loyal
Why people believe in the Christian religion, which doesn't have anything substantial to support it.
The substantial thing is not seen by unbelievers. Even believers initially only see through a "glass, darkly". Believers if they really are believers in God and His Son, Jesus, are moving toward God and a "face to face" vision. A "vision" is something that a person must have to even begin to approach God more closely:

"Where there is no vision, the people perish:..." Prov 29:18

"For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known." I Cor 13:12

We cannot ever stand still in our walk with God if we hope to make it to the end on His side, but we must move onward. But, you must find a starting place in Life, but presently you are effectively in death. People are in the eyes of God effectively zombies [walking dead]. To even begin to understand God they must realize a real change is needed... and no one can make that change alone.

You may well run down believers, and some who have confessed themselves to be believers may hear you words and seemingly follow your pathway, but that only means that they are suffering from blindness as you are suffering from blindness. Dead men cannot see.

"I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see." Rev 3:18

Staff Member
As my sister in Christ Jesus said "...truth" and which I may add. Has never never varied in the message. Though man has done their best in attempting to destroy it or distort it.
Even if we be poor messengers, the message remains unchanged.

Praying for you. In the name of Jesus Christ.
Nick
<><

Administrator
Staff Member
Welcome back again. How many accounts has it been so far?

Ever wonder how me and my moderators know you're the same person that keeps coming back to argue against God?

It's called discernment of the Holy Spirit. One way proving God exists.

Administrator
Staff Member
Greetings,

do you mind if I ask if there is ever a time when God is not needed?

Bless you ....><>

Amen to that. Truth be told. We're created to depend on Him, not to be self sufficient.

Staff Member
For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God; Strengthened with all might, according to His glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness; Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:
Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of His dear Son: In Whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins: Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: For by Him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by Him, and for Him: And He is before all things, and by Him all things consist. And He is the head of the body, the church: Who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things He might have the preeminence.

For it pleased the Father that in Him should all fulness dwell; And, having made peace through the blood of His cross, by Him to reconcile all things unto Himself; by Him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.

And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath He reconciled In the body of His flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in His sight: If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;
Colossians 1:9-23

Staff Member
I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life. Deuteronomy 30:19

For I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth, saith the Lord GOD: wherefore turn yourselves, and live ye. Ezekiel 18:32