• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Jehovah's Witness

Goodmorning Brother,
that was well said, but I am still not quite convinced. Maybe in good time The Almighty GOD will open my eyes to see it from your point of view.

But when I think about all my other brothers and sisters of different Christian Religions, all practising and trying their utmost best to live and serve The Almighty GOD, with and through our Beloved Savior - Christ, Jesus, I can't help but realize they are not any better or different then we are. I don't know, maybe I'm just being stubborn.
Below is a list of some of the things that keep Christian Religions apart from one another.
1. Is the word soul another word for spirit? And if it is - what is the big deal?
2. Does the word soul mean the human body? If so - what is the big deal?
3. And if spirit is not another word for soul, great, but once again - what is the big deal?
4. And does the word spirit mean The Holy Spirit - GOD'S Breath?
What I am trying to say is though all of this is referring to our Loving Father, The Almighty GOD HIMSELF, however it is not referring to what HE wants from us.

What The Almighty GOD wants from us is for us to;
1. Worship HIM and Love HIM with all our heart, soul and mind
2. listen to, and love our Beloved Savior, Jesus Christ
3. love one another as we would love ourselves {this includes our enemies}.
4. treat others the way we would want to be treated
5. helping those who are in need and sharing HIS Word with them too.
6.and for all to come together as one big family in Worship to HIM, with and through our Beloved Savior, Jesus Christ.
Isn't the Biggest Deal that we all should be consentrating on - is Jesus' teachings?
Did not GOD say this is MY Beloved Son - Listen to Him?
And, isn't that what all of our brothers and sisters try to teach regardless of what Christian Religion they may be from?
This is why I love them all. Because whether or not we have the same point of view, we all still long to serve The ONE and Only One, THE ALmighty GOD - through and with HIS Beloved Son, Christ, Jesus - sent from The Almighty GOD above to be our Savior.
1. What GOD does -NOT- want is for is children to bicker over matters that don't realy matter, matters that will notsave us.
2. HE doesn't want to hate one another or hurt one another.
3. HE did not want us to pray to statues.
I just wonder why can't we all just stop our bickering and just follow Jesus, as The Almighty GOD in Heaven has said for us to do?

Thank you for your prayer I hope I to will see it your way if I am so terribly wrong.
And prayers are with you and all my brothers and sisters in Christ, Jesus.
Your sister, in Christ, Jesus,
Jonah

Goodmorning Brother,
that was well said, but I am still not quite convinced. Maybe in good time The Almighty GOD will open my eyes to see it from your point of view.

But when I think about all my other brothers and sisters of different Christian Religions, all practising and trying their utmost best to live and serve The Almighty GOD, with and through our Beloved Savior - Christ, Jesus, I can't help but realize they are not any better or different then we are. I don't know, maybe I'm just being stubborn.
Below is a list of some of the things that keep Christian Religions apart from one another.
1. Is the word soul another word for spirit? And if it is - what is the big deal?
3. And if spirit is not another word for soul, great, but once again - what is the big deal?
What I am trying to say is though all of this is referring to our Loving Father, The Almighty GOD HIMSELF, however it is not referring to what HE wants from us.

What The Almighty GOD wants from us is for us to;
1. Worship HIM and Love HIM with all our heart, soul and mind
2. listen to, and love our Beloved Savior, Jesus Christ
3. love one another as we would love ourselves {this includes our enemies}.
4. treat others the way we would want to be treated
5. helping those who are in need and sharing HIS Word with them too.
6.and for all to come together as one big family in Worship to HIM, with and through our Beloved Savior, Jesus Christ.
Isn't the Biggest Deal that we all should be consentrating on - is Jesus' teachings?
Did not GOD say this is MY Beloved Son - Listen to Him?
And, isn't that what all of our brothers and sisters try to teach regardless of what Christian Religion they may be from?
This is why I love them all. Because whether or not we have the same point of view, we all still long to serve The ONE and Only One, THE ALmighty GOD - through and with HIS Beloved Son, Christ, Jesus - sent from The Almighty GOD above to be our Savior.
1. What GOD does -NOT- want is for is children to bicker over matters that don't realy matter, matters that will notsave us.
3. HE did not want us to pray to statues.
I just wonder why can't we all just stop our bickering and just follow Jesus, as The Almighty GOD in Heaven has said for us to do?

Thank you for your prayer I hope I to will see it your way if I am so terribly wrong.
And prayers are with you and all my brothers and sisters in Christ, Jesus.
Your sister, in Christ, Jesus,
Jonah
Please forgive me, for repeating my self. I tried to make so corrections, but instead of correcting my post properly, this is what happened to me.
Please don't get me wrong about my feelings for 'Talk Jesus.' Talk Jesus is my favorite Christian Forum of all the Christian Forums that I know of on the internet. Talk Jesus is a place my spirit likes to go when I'm down or just to fellowship whith others who also Love to worship, praise, and serve our Almighty GOD, with and through our beloved savior Christ, Jesus.
I love reading the thoughts of my Christian Brothers and Sisters, and love sharing my thoughts as well on Jesus and The Almighty GOD. It is my hope that I will always be wellcome here.
Thank you Talk Jesus.

Active

I have no intention of being rude, but I do want to ask some similar questions that perhaps will make a point:

Is the word hell another word for earth? And if so, what's the big deal? Is the word earth another word for heaven? and if so, what's the big deal. Is the word hell another word for heaven? And if so, what's the big deal.

What is with making such a big deal about defining exactly what is what here, does it matter if heaven is not hell or vice versa?

Can't we all just get along and sing kum ba ya?

Blessings and peace,

Travis

Staff Member
My bold & underline.

I can agree with the first part. However, the second part is questionable. The example you might think is a bit extreme, but in the world today not so much. Sadly. The use of "hurt" is relative to the person you are communicating with and what they believe. Here's the extreme part. Say the person likes children or any perversion (which is relative). Many say they love them and mean it. If you or I were to talk to them to tell them that they are wrong and we hurt them. Are we then in the wrong? See what I mean the use of "hurt" is relative to the situation. The same for someone who doesn't believe in the Jesus Christ that you find in the Bible. Another Gospel? Would that be reason enough? However, I do agree God does not want us to hate each other, but neither does He want us to accept everything i.e. sin. God hates sin and so should we.

Sadly, I agree. Why not indeed? The reasons could be endless and multiply daily. I try not to bicker. The Word of God stands on its own and doesn't need my support to be true. Remember, we can discuss our differences as we are now, yet love each other no less after it is all said and done.

Yet if you mean what causes bickering, which is non acceptance of something that is false. Then I too would fall into that category. I don't personally know of anyone who was part of the following, but if I had. I'd would have "bickered" up a storm. (Is "bickered" even a word? o_O

Pastor/Preacher out in California who was teaching/preaching in the pulpit, radio, newsletters. That the Lord was going to come back in 2011. Didn't happen when he said then he changed it to about 6 months later. When that didn't happen........well to make a long story short. He eventually admitted he was wrong and asked forgiveness. The sad thing is that many good faithful Jesus Christ believing people followed what he said. Sold all they had to put up billboards proclaiming the end being near. Many families were in ruins because of this false prophecy. To make matters worse, if that is possible. When non-believers heard of this. They of cause waited to see what would happen. Many to this day I'm sure ridicule Christianity for this and will point it out as us not knowing what we're talking about, and Christianity being a fake! Sad indeed.

Which then posses a question to all of us. Knowing that this would not be so. Should we have stayed quiet, so as not to create a situation where "bickering" might occur? Do you warn someone that after praying, studying, that the path they have chosen is wrong? There's a verse in Ezekiel about Watchmen and warning people. Even Jesus warned people. If we want to be like Him. Shouldn't we warn them as well?

I can only answer for myself. You must answer for yourself and what would you have done? I won't go over the same things I've posted before. Repeating them doesn't make them anymore or less valid the second go round. I write enough the way it is!! :whistle

LOL! (Laughing not in a mean way. Hope you know that! Just reminded me of what my daughter had told me a couple of years ago, about why couldn't everyone just see it her way. )

My answer for the most part is the same as I told her. I don't want you to see it my way. It's not about my way, your way, any denominations particular way. It's what does the Word of God say and want for us to do. That is why you study the His word, continue to grow in your walk with the Lord. We don't stop learning or growing Jonah. Like God. We want everyone to get there! The sad part which as a child led me to cry many a time. Was when I realize that not everyone was going to heaven! Oh, how I cried, with my pillow to my face so no one would see or hear me. I still cry if not for all the same reason that I had as a child. Still the the knowledge that not everyone is going to make it, is still there within.

Please forgive me, for repeating my self. I tried to make so corrections, but instead of correcting my post properly, this is what happened to me.

Just let me know which post you want me to delete. #21 or #22

Ahhhh....just another decision for you to think about and to make
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I pray and hope this finds you well. I am glad that you enjoy coming to Talk Jesus, even though I'm sure at times it hurts to see some go at each other. Sometimes they do shake after all is said and done. Hope that some consolation.
I also hope you continue to visit Talk Jesus.
In Christ Jesus.
C4E
<><

I have no intention of being rude, but I do want to ask some similar questions that perhaps will make a point:

Is the word hell another word for earth? And if so, what's the big deal? Is the word earth another word for heaven? and if so, what's the big deal. Is the word hell another word for heaven? And if so, what's the big deal.

What is with making such a big deal about defining exactly what is what here, does it matter if heaven is not hell or vice versa?

Can't we all just get along and sing kum ba ya?

Blessings and peace,

Travis
Hi Travis
:) Please, don't get me wrong. I see your point. And yes I do quite agree, there's a very big deal difference between Heaven and hell. But GOD knows the heart of all HIS children and HE will weed the wicked ones out in the end, except those who are found doing HIS Will, and as we all know, we will get to live with HIM and Worship HIM forever and ever. GOD knows who Loves HIM and HIS Only Begotten Son Christ, Jesus. I don't cry for those who Love GOD and really try with all their heart, soul and mind to follow Jesus Christ and serve GOD, because GOD will show them the way, no matter who they are.
But I do also agree too, that there are many false prophets out there as well. And we need to beware of what they say. But anyone preaching what Jesus preached can't be all that bad, as long as their preaching is what Jesus preached and living according to teachings as well.

My bold & underline.

I can agree with the first part. However, the second part is questionable. The example you might think is a bit extreme, but in the world today not so much. Sadly. The use of "hurt" is relative to the person you are communicating with and what they believe. Here's the extreme part. Say the person likes children or any perversion (which is relative). Many say they love them and mean it. If you or I were to talk to them to tell them that they are wrong and we hurt them. Are we then in the wrong? See what I mean the use of "hurt" is relative to the situation. The same for someone who doesn't believe in the Jesus Christ that you find in the Bible. Another Gospel? Would that be reason enough? However, I do agree God does not want us to hate each other, but neither does He want us to accept everything i.e. sin. God hates sin and so should we.

Sadly, I agree. Why not indeed? The reasons could be endless and multiply daily. I try not to bicker. The Word of God stands on its own and doesn't need my support to be true. Remember, we can discuss our differences as we are now, yet love each other no less after it is all said and done.

Yet if you mean what causes bickering, which is non acceptance of something that is false. Then I too would fall into that category. I don't personally know of anyone who was part of the following, but if I had. I'd would have "bickered" up a storm. (Is "bickered" even a word? o_O

Pastor/Preacher out in California who was teaching/preaching in the pulpit, radio, newsletters. That the Lord was going to come back in 2011. Didn't happen when he said then he changed it to about 6 months later. When that didn't happen........well to make a long story short. He eventually admitted he was wrong and asked forgiveness. The sad thing is that many good faithful Jesus Christ believing people followed what he said. Sold all they had to put up billboards proclaiming the end being near. Many families were in ruins because of this false prophecy. To make matters worse, if that is possible. When non-believers heard of this. They of cause waited to see what would happen. Many to this day I'm sure ridicule Christianity for this and will point it out as us not knowing what we're talking about, and Christianity being a fake! Sad indeed.

Which then posses a question to all of us. Knowing that this would not be so. Should we have stayed quiet, so as not to create a situation where "bickering" might occur? Do you warn someone that after praying, studying, that the path they have chosen is wrong? There's a verse in Ezekiel about Watchmen and warning people. Even Jesus warned people. If we want to be like Him. Shouldn't we warn them as well?

I can only answer for myself. You must answer for yourself and what would you have done? I won't go over the same things I've posted before. Repeating them doesn't make them anymore or less valid the second go round. I write enough the way it is!! :whistle

LOL! (Laughing not in a mean way. Hope you know that! Just reminded me of what my daughter had told me a couple of years ago, about why couldn't everyone just see it her way. )

My answer for the most part is the same as I told her. I don't want you to see it my way. It's not about my way, your way, any denominations particular way. It's what does the Word of God say and want for us to do. That is why you study the His word, continue to grow in your walk with the Lord. We don't stop learning or growing Jonah. Like God. We want everyone to get there! The sad part which as a child led me to cry many a time. Was when I realize that not everyone was going to heaven! Oh, how I cried, with my pillow to my face so no one would see or hear me. I still cry if not for all the same reason that I had as a child. Still the the knowledge that not everyone is going to make it, is still there within.

Just let me know which post you want me to delete. #21 or #22

Ahhhh....just another decision for you to think about and to make
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I pray and hope this finds you well. I am glad that you enjoy coming to Talk Jesus, even though I'm sure at times it hurts to see some go at each other. Sometimes they do shake after all is said and done. Hope that some consolation.
I also hope you continue to visit Talk Jesus.
In Christ Jesus.
C4E
<><
The first one - 21 :) Thanks.