• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

On a Sunday morning

One Sunday morning during service, a 2,000 member congregation was surprised to see two men enter, both covered from head to toe in black clothing and carrying sub-machine guns.

One of the men yelled, "Anyone willing to take a bullet for Christ remain where you are." Immediately, most of the choir fled, the deacons fled, and most of the congregation fled.

Once again he yelled,"Anyone willing to take a bullet for Christ remain where you are." Many of those left seeing that the ones that ran had not been shot, quickly fled the church.

Out of the 2,000 there only remained around 100.

The man with the gun took off his hood, looked at the preacher and saluted him, "Okay Pastor, God heard your prayer, and we got rid of all the hypocrites. Now you may begin your service. Have a nice day!" And the two men turned and walked out.

Staff Member
Those hypocrites are among the lost people Jesus wants to draw to Himself.

SLE

Yes I agree SLE,
if this 'joke' was true then those who fled are just lost sheep who the Lord gave His life for
And those left in the congregation should be praying and wooing them back rather than self righteously continuing.

If I had thought this anything but a simple joke I would not have posted it here.

If it were true, I would be worried about the Deacons and the many others who fled. Some may have been new and hoping to learn, but I am sure some had been in that church for decades. Which could lead to some interesting discussion about how to engage the people who come to church, but leave church at church. I know our church (and probably many others) have quite a few that show up 3 times a year and consider themselves true Christians. I wonder how we can engage and lead these people closer to Jesus. I am sure that discussion is already somewhere on this forum, I just have yet to find it.

If the joke bothers anyone, please let me know and I will remove it. I had not intended to offend anyone.

Great joke!!!!

I thought it was pretty good. All of those out there who can't take a joke, consider the church that the Apostles held.... They did not have unbelievers, the lost, or the unrepentant within the assembly. The early church was instituted to edify and give rest to each other and prepare each other for the work ahead. They did not bring the unsaved to church for them to listen to the preacher and hopefully repent. No, they went to church to learn, fellowship, and equip each other, and, then, they went out in the world and took the Gospel to the people. We have gotten too used to bringing the people to the Gospel. That isn't the way things are supposed to work.