Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Self Baptism?

Keara99

So this came to my mind after reading an article. What is everyones opinion about self baptism?

Christianity in general and definitely baptism is meant to be done through and with others. God wants us to have good fellowship with other christians. But... it doesnt have to be a pastor or priest or such. Any person older in the faith can baptize you if you are both willing.

Show me scripture for the Christian lives by the Word of Jehova, our Elohim.
Christianity in general and definitely baptism is meant to be done through and with others. God wants us to have good fellowship with other christians. But... it doesnt have to be a pastor or priest or such. Any person older in the faith can baptize you if you are both willing.
The thing is that I rarely go to Church and I have no one that I know who is Christian. I understand that God wants us to have good Fellowship with others but I’m tired of being abandoned. It’s happened so much

I don't know that's it's "wrong" or a "sin" to do it yourself, but the problem is... it defeats the purpose of it.

Baptism in itself doesn't really save you. It's an outward sign to other people that you've received Jesus. Now you are accountable to other people for how you live.

If there are no witnesses to this, what's the point?

If I go to a far away place and get saved at a Church meeting, where no one knows me. Then come back home, and keep on sinning like I did before, no one knows I was saved. I have no accountability to anyone.

But if I get baptized in front of a group of people ( it can simply be two or three people ) now I have made a statement, now I have accountability. Now if I stumble, I have people to remind me of the decision I made.
People to stand beside me, people to pray for me and encourage me. People to lift me up, people to give me Godly advice.

I don't know that's it's "wrong" or a "sin" to do it yourself, but the problem is... it defeats the purpose of it.

Baptism in itself doesn't really save you. It's an outward sign to other people that you've received Jesus. Now you are accountable to other people for how you live.

If there are no witnesses to this, what's the point?

If I go to a far away place and get saved at a Church meeting, where no one knows me. Then come back home, and keep on sinning like I did before, no one knows I was saved. I have no accountability to anyone.

But if I get baptized in front of a group of people ( it can simply be two or three people ) now I have made a statement, now I have accountability. Now if I stumble, I have people to remind me of the decision I made.
People to stand beside me, people to pray for me and encourage me. People to lift me up, people to give me Godly advice.
What if you don’t have anyone? I don’t know anyone.

Dear Sister,
It is difficult when one appears to be isolated. :(
At times, attending church can lead to a sense of isolation that intensifies, rather than a fellowship that alleviates it. :(

Still, don't let either one bring you down. Afterall you've found us here at Talk Jesus! :)

You will always have the Lord Jesus Christ your Savior with you no matter how lonely it may appear. We are actually set apart from the World, so it really is no surprise, but then nobody tells you that when you first come to Christ. :confused: It probably happens because when one comes to Christ, they are already part of a church that seeks to love each new believer and help them grow in God's Word. This doesn't always happen, but it should.

As a woman, it adds other complications to it as well. We have Godly women here on TJ, so open up a conversation with them. They are Godly women, who are open to helping you, and guide you in discipleship, I'm sure.

Now when talking with the males on TJ, sometimes you have to be a bit clearer in how you are to ask something. Ask for specific Biblical references, or let them you don't understand something. For the most part they can be understanding, and forth coming with any help.

So, stick with reading God's Word, and most especially praying!!! You have an open line to God through Christ Jesus! He's open 24hrs. a day! All you have to do is call on Him!

With the Love of Christ Jesus. (Praying)
YBIC
Nick
\o/
<><

What if you don’t have anyone? I don’t
Keara99 I live in a care facility. There are four other people here that claim to be Christian, but I cannot talk to them as they all have dementia. That makes me alone here. But Read the Word aloud when you read it daily. Jesus gave us/you His Holy spirit to live in our spirit. He, the Holy Spirit teaches, counsels, and fellowships with us, not theoretically, but , really, truly fellowships with us. That means you are NEVER alone. Read the Word, ask Him to open it up to you and learn His voice. You'll learn and grow like you've never imagined. You'll be strength to all around you and people will gravitate to you.
LOL By the way....you sound Canadian...What part?

Keara99 I live in a care facility. There are four other people here that claim to be Christian, but I cannot talk to them as they all have dementia. That makes me alone here. But Read the Word aloud when you read it daily. Jesus gave us/you His Holy spirit to live in our spirit. He, the Holy Spirit teaches, counsels, and fellowships with us, not theoretically, but , really, truly fellowships with us. That means you are NEVER alone. Read the Word, ask Him to open it up to you and learn His voice. You'll learn and grow like you've never imagined. You'll be strength to all around you and people will gravitate to you.
LOL By the way....you sound Canadian...What part?
I’m in Alberta

The thing is that I rarely go to Church and I have no one that I know who is Christian. I understand that God wants us to have good Fellowship with others but I’m tired of being abandoned. It’s happened so much
If you worry about baptism it can be arranged but then there is the litteral retelling of the Thief on the Cross:

Luke 23:39-43

King James Version

39 And one of the malefactors which were hanged railed on him, saying, If thou be Christ, save thyself and us.

40 But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation?

41 And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss.

42 And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.

43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise.

He was not baptized but he is in Heaven because he believed and for no other reason.

Dear Sister,
It is difficult when one appears to be isolated. :(
At times, attending church can lead to a sense of isolation that intensifies, rather than a fellowship that alleviates it. :(

Still, don't let either one bring you down. Afterall you've found us here at Talk Jesus! :)

You will always have the Lord Jesus Christ your Savior with you no matter how lonely it may appear. We are actually set apart from the World, so it really is no surprise, but then nobody tells you that when you first come to Christ. :confused: It probably happens because when one comes to Christ, they are already part of a church that seeks to love each new believer and help them grow in God's Word. This doesn't always happen, but it should.

As a woman, it adds other complications to it as well. We have Godly women here on TJ, so open up a conversation with them. They are Godly women, who are open to helping you, and guide you in discipleship, I'm sure.

Now when talking with the males on TJ, sometimes you have to be a bit clearer in how you are to ask something. Ask for specific Biblical references, or let them you don't understand something. For the most part they can be understanding, and forth coming with any help.

So, stick with reading God's Word, and most especially praying!!! You have an open line to God through Christ Jesus! He's open 24hrs. a day! All you have to do is call on Him!

With the Love of Christ Jesus. (Praying)
YBIC
Nick
\o/
<><
I need help. Big time. I don’t know what to do. Sometimes I don’t like asking for it because I don’t know what a person will say. A woman fellowship sounds nice so I’ll try

I need help. Big time. I don’t know what to do. Sometimes I don’t like asking for it because I don’t know what a person will say. A woman fellowship sounds nice so I’ll try
Dear Sister,
Many people are hesitant to seek help; it's a common feeling. However, as a believer, once you've reached out for assistance, you'll find that Jesus has eliminated all reservations about asking for help. That's why you go to Him first, in prayer! Ask Hiim to open the doors, touch the hearts of people who can/will help in His name!

Oh, it can be difficult, especially if you are rejected, but remember that sometimes believe it or not it's not about you, but the person you are asking!!! God is using you to get that other person right! Being rejected is tough for anyone, but it can be especially hard, when the person you ask professes to be a believer! So, when you do ask, it is not with the expectation that they will follow through though you hope they will, but that at the very least they will pray with/for you, that God will answer/provide to your needs. Because as Scripture says, all things will work together for those who love God, and as a Sister in Christ Jesus I know that you do, and more importantly God knows it!!!

I don't know the path you are walking but I do know you're not alone in doing so. You'll never be alone ever again! When there is no one else to provide comfort, He will be there; when tears stream down your cheeks, He is keeping them. He loves you and will take care of you little sister!

So, seek out other sisters to talk to. I am sure that in Christ Jesus they will help!

With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
\o/
<><

Back