Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Self Baptism?

The thing is that I rarely go to Church and I have no one that I know who is Christian. I understand that God wants us to have good Fellowship with others but I’m tired of being abandoned. It’s happened so much
You dont need to give them money or faith in them. If you do, they are not of God. If you believe someone of the faith is doing good things, its great to help them out financially if you can though. Just contact a pastor and tell them that you want to be baptized, but dont want to give them any personal information. Then if you dont like the church to continue attending, just dont go. You are overthinking this.

@Keara99 One thing that has helped me a lot is reading Christian books. I am currently reading "Comfort For Troubled Christians" by J.C. Brumfield and it is really good! I also recommend "Lies Young Women Believe: And The Truth That Sets Them Free" by Dannah Gresh and Nancy Leigh DeMoss "Get Lost" by Dannah Gresh (I am also reading this right now and it has been very good so far) I also read most of "How Evil Works" by David Kupelian (I just skipped over the more political parts that is not really my thing) The library is a great place to find Christian books too and it's free! I am praying for you!

As a woman, it adds other complications to it as well.
Can you explain this a little more please? I'm not being hateful or anything just wonder what you mean. Like is being isolated more difficult and challenging for a woman than for a man? If so, how?

Can you explain this a little more please? I'm not being hateful or anything just wonder what you mean. Like is being isolated more difficult and challenging for a woman than for a man? If so, how?
:)
Dear Sister,
In a society where all things are considered equal, the experiences of men and women can still differ significantly. The societal norms and the church one attends may impose greater expectations or burdens on women compared to men. Especially, if one is not married.

Without knowledge of where or under what circumstances our Sister in Christ, Keara99, is living her life, one can still discern a profound sense of solitude through her words, and the apparent lack of an escape from this isolation. These observations lead me to certain thoughts, in how Churches through Scripture seem to align themselves. That is why I suggested other women to communicate with, and if she were a man, I would have suggested other men.

Oh, I could go on and delve deeper into the subject, but this is not the thread to do so in. I trust you'll grasp my unspoken point: that one's gender may confer advantages or disadvantages, a situation that, as previously mentioned, varies based on societal norms and the specific church in question. :)

With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
\o/
<><

:)
Dear Sister,
In a society where all things are considered equal, the experiences of men and women can still differ significantly. The societal norms and the church one attends may impose greater expectations or burdens on women compared to men. Especially, if one is not married.

Without knowledge of where or under what circumstances our Sister in Christ, Keara99, is living her life, one can still discern a profound sense of solitude through her words, and the apparent lack of an escape from this isolation. These observations lead me to certain thoughts, in how Churches through Scripture seem to align themselves. That is why I suggested other women to communicate with, and if she were a man, I would have suggested other men.

Oh, I could go on and delve deeper into the subject, but this is not the thread to do so in. I trust you'll grasp my unspoken point: that one's gender may confer advantages or disadvantages, a situation that, as previously mentioned, varies based on societal norms and the specific church in question. :)

YBIC
Nick
\o/
<><
OK :) I think that would be an interesting thread!

OK :) I think that would be an interesting thread!
Interesting, but one that might bring the ire of some to the surface!!!

Having been married for 38 years before her passing, I learned, though not without some spiritual bruising, that certain subjects between men/women are better left to the professionals! :)

However, if you do decide to start one, I would gladly stand-by to make sure no one gets to upset by what is said... :)

YBIC
Nick
\o/
<><

Back