Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

The Three 7's of Revelation.

B-A-C

Loyal
We are already aware that some do not hold to the canon of Revelation, if that's you, this thread isn't for you.
This isn't the place to debate that subject. Please don't detract from the subject of this thread.

Starting in Revelation chapter 6, we hear about the seven Seals.
Then near the end of chapter 8, we hear about the seven Trumpets.
Finally in chapters 15 and 16 we are introduced to the seven bowl/plague judgments.

Whether or not these things are metaphorical, literal, spiritual or all three has been debated over the centuries.
But I would like to start off with the seven seals.

It is worth noting, that Jesus is the one who opens the book with the seven seals.

Rev 5:1 I saw in the right hand of Him who sat on the throne a book written inside and on the back, sealed up with seven seals.
Rev 5:2 And I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, "Who is worthy to open the book and to break its seals?"
Rev 5:3 And no one in heaven or on the earth or under the earth was able to open the book or to look into it.
Rev 5:4 Then I began to weep greatly because no one was found worthy to open the book or to look into it;
Rev 5:5 and one of the elders *said to me, "Stop weeping; behold, the Lion that is from the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has overcome so as to open the book and its seven seals."

Rev 5:9 And they *sang a new song, saying, "Worthy are You to take the book and to break its seals; for You were slain, and purchased for God with Your blood men from every tribe and tongue and people and nation.

Rev 5:10 "You have made them to be a kingdom and priests to our God; and they will reign upon the earth."

People from every tribe and nation will be part of a kingdom. They will be priests to God. They will reign on the earth.

The first seal, the white horse.

Rev 6:1 Then I saw when the Lamb broke one of the seven seals, and I heard one of the four living creatures saying as with a voice of thunder, "Come."
Rev 6:2 I looked, and behold, a white horse, and he who sat on it had a bow; and a crown was given to him, and he went out conquering and to conquer.

Revelation 6:2 through 6:8 are about the four horsemen, colloquially referred to as the four horsemen of the apocalypse.

There has been some debate of whether this is the same white horse in Revelation 19.

Rev 19:11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse, and He who sat on it is called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and wages war.
Rev 19:12 His eyes are a flame of fire, and on His head are many diadems; and He has a name written on Him which no one knows except Himself.
Rev 19:13 He is clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God.
Rev 19:14 And the armies which are in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, were following Him on white horses.

The argument against this, is that there will be many white horses following this one.

But it says here that the purpose of the rider of the white horse is to "conquer", and apparently, he is successfully "conquering"
as he goes. Is the rider a literal being? Is it an abstract of some earthly government and military? Is it an angel of the Lord?

It appears this will be the first step of when the tribulation begins.

The second seal, the red horse.

Rev 6:3 When He broke the second seal, I heard the second living creature saying, "Come."
Rev 6:4 And another, a red horse, went out; and to him who sat on it, it was granted to take peace from the earth, and that men would slay one another; and a great sword was given to him.

Again there is debate on whether this horse is the same horse in Zechariah 1:8. Although that horse is being followed by red, sorrel, and white horses, so perhaps not?

In any case, this horse is different from the previous white horse. The white horse was seemingly conquering without war.
Perhaps conquering by intimidation or economics, or some other political pressure. I suppose you can conquer people peacefully if
they think there is value or rewards in going along with you. However, the red horse rider isn't so peaceful. he has a big sword
and he will be slaying people and taking peace from the earth.

To be honest this doesn't sound that different from what is going on in some parts of the world today.

Last edited:
The third seal, the black horse.

Rev 6:5 When He broke the third seal, I heard the third living creature saying, "Come." I looked, and behold, a black horse; and he who sat on it had a pair of scales in his hand.
Rev 6:6 And I heard something like a voice in the center of the four living creatures saying, "A quart of wheat for a denarius, and three quarts of barley for a denarius; and do not damage the oil and the wine."

This rider has a pair of scales in his hand. I would guess that this signifies balance and equality. Perhaps this means everyone gets the same judgment? Or perhaps it means the judgment will be as severe as the sins of that geographic area?

Food will be getting expensive at this time ( as if it's not already too expensive? ) A denarius ( King James says a penny ) was about a days
wage at that time. The average hourly wage in the USA in 2024 is about $30.00 an hour. If you work 8 hours, that means you made
$240.00 ( minus taxes, insurance and other deductions ). $240.00 for a quart of wheat? The quarts of barley for $240.00? Ha, and we complain about the prices now. Barley is a main ingredient for many beers. I wonder how much a beer will cost in these days?

But it says.. do not touch the oil and the wine. Perhaps wine will remain to be a cheaper commodity? No doubt alcoholism will likely increase due to hard economic times, and possibly a severe famine. I live near a very large city. But there are a lot of small communities around me.
Many have populations of less than 2500 people, some are even smaller. I've noticed these small towns may not have a gas station, or hotel, or maybe not even a post office. But they all have a bar. It's funny that no matter how economically oppressed people are, they always have money to drink.

Do not touch the oil... petroleum? Gasoline, kerosene, diesel? Or perhaps cooking oil, vegetable oil olive oil, coconut oil?
Given the current price of gasoline, I tend to think it means edible cooking oils.

The fourth seal, the ashen horse.

Rev 6:7 When the Lamb broke the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature saying, "Come."
Rev 6:8 I looked, and behold, an ashen horse; and he who sat on it had the name Death; and Hades was following with him. Authority was given to them over a fourth of the earth, to kill with sword and with famine and with pestilence and by the wild beasts of the earth.

It seems things are getting progressively worse here. The riders name is death. Perhaps he looks like the grim reaper and carries
a sickle in his hand? This rider has authority over a fourth of the earth, but not the entire earth. But it mentions four ways people will die
during this time. The sword, which I take to be a metaphor for war and violence. Famine, food shortages. Pestilence, sickness and diseases.
..and finally, wild animals. This last one seems odd, you don't hear a lot about people being attacked by wild animals these days. But perhaps food will be so scarce that we will have to fight with the beasts in order to survive. The gun rights people are saying "we told you so".

next, the fifth seal.

The fifth seal, the martyrs under the altar.

Rev 6:9 When the Lamb broke the fifth seal, I saw underneath the altar the souls of those who had been slain because of the word of God, and because of the testimony which they had maintained;
Rev 6:10 and they cried out with a loud voice, saying, "How long, O Lord, holy and true, will You refrain from judging and avenging our blood on those who dwell on the earth?"
Rev 6:11 And there was given to each of them a white robe; and they were told that they should rest for a little while longer, until the number of their fellow servants and their brethren who were to be killed even as they had been, would be completed also.

John says here, he saw the "souls" of those who had been slain. Does this mean they are bodyless? But it seems these people want vengeance. They are asking for "pay-back". But these people were given white robes. Does a spirit ( soul ) wear clothing? Perhaps
this is spiritual clothing, perhaps it is a metaphor. Perhaps this is the same white robes mentioned Revelation 19?

Rev 19:7 "Let us rejoice and be glad and give the glory to Him, for the marriage of the Lamb has come and His bride has made herself ready."
Rev 19:8 It was given to her to clothe herself in fine linen, bright and clean; for the fine linen is the righteous acts of the saints.

Perhaps being martyred is considered a righteous act and people will be rewarded for this. I tend to think other things can be righteous acts as well. This does seem to agree with Hebrews 11.

Heb 11:35 Women received back their dead by resurrection; and others were tortured, not accepting their release, so that they might obtain a better resurrection;
Heb 11:36 and others experienced mockings and scourgings, yes, also chains and imprisonment.
Heb 11:37 They were stoned, they were sawn in two, they were tempted, they were put to death with the sword; they went about in sheepskins, in goatskins, being destitute, afflicted, ill-treated

Perhaps the worse your death is, the greater your reward will be. Some people will receive a "better resurrection".

Before I get to the sixth seal, a slight diversion. Hopefully not to get too side-tracked.

But about the robes. It seems there will be clothing of a sort in the next life.

2Cor 5:3 inasmuch as we, having put it on, will not be found naked.
Rev 3:17 'Because you say, "I am rich, and have become wealthy, and have need of nothing," and you do not know that you are wretched and miserable and poor and blind and naked,
Rev 16:15 ("Behold, I am coming like a thief. Blessed is the one who stays awake and keeps his clothes, so that he will not walk about naked and men will not see his shame.")

Is there shame and nakedness in the next life? Again, are these literal clothes or spiritual metaphors? I do not know.
Apparently, nudity is frowned on and undesirable in the next life.

Rev 7:13; Then one of the elders answered, saying to me, "These who are clothed in the white robes, who are they, and where have they come from?"

It seems everyone will wear the same color and same style. I suppose this will put the tik-tok influencers and fashion designers out of business. I wonder if women will still wear make-up?

OK, enough diversion, next sixth seal.

The sixth seal. - A great earthquake, a black sun, a red moon, and falling stars.

Rev 6:12 I looked when He broke the sixth seal, and there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth made of hair, and the whole moon became like blood;
Rev 6:13 and the stars of the sky fell to the earth, as a fig tree casts its unripe figs when shaken by a great wind.
Rev 6:14 The sky was split apart like a scroll when it is rolled up, and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.
Rev 6:15 Then the kings of the earth and the great men and the commanders and the rich and the strong and every slave and free man hid themselves in the caves and among the rocks of the mountains;
Rev 6:16 and they *said to the mountains and to the rocks, "Fall on us and hide us from the presence of Him who sits on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb;
Rev 6:17 for the great day of their wrath has come, and who is able to stand?"

There have always been earthquakes. Some are even mentioned in the Bible a few places.
Amos 1:1, Zech 14:5, Exod 19:18, 1King 19:11-12, and perhaps a few more I missed. But I get the feeling this will be a very great earthquake, perhaps larger than any previously known earthquake.

Some have speculated that the black sun is simply a solar eclipse, but eclipses just last a minute or two, so this is unlikely.
Also solar eclipses never cover the entire earth. Usually just a shadow a few hundred miles wide. What are these stars that fall from the sky?
Asteroids, meteors? Space junk (satellite debris) again, I do not know, but whatever it is, it will be dramatic.
It says here that even the rich powerful elite people will try to hide in caves and under rocks.

I have a hard time imagining how terrible this will be. But it says here, people would rather have mountains and rocks fall on them
than to face the wrath of the one on the throne, and the wrath of God.

I've heard pre-tribbers say, well I don't have to worry about any of this, I'm not planning on being here.
Well OK, but do we not have any compassion for these people? What if it's your loved ones? Your children, your siblings,
your parents, your spouse. I'm thinking you will care. But again, I'm not a pre-tribber. ( please lets not side track this thread
with that discussion ).

The seventh seal.

Rev 8:1 When the Lamb broke the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven for about half an hour.
Rev 8:2 And I saw the seven angels who stand before God, and seven trumpets were given to them.
Rev 8:3 Another angel came and stood at the altar, holding a golden censer; and much incense was given to him, so that he might add it to the prayers of all the saints on the golden altar which was before the throne.
Rev 8:4 And the smoke of the incense, with the prayers of the saints, went up before God out of the angel's hand.
Rev 8:5 Then the angel took the censer and filled it with the fire of the altar, and threw it to the earth; and there followed peals of thunder and sounds and flashes of lightning and an earthquake.

It seems the primary purpose of the seventh seal, is to prepare for the seven trumpets.
There are verses that say the angels and elders in heaven are continuously worshiping, singing and praising God.
It seems this will stop for a half an hour. A literal half an hour, or metaphorically a short time period? Agan, I don't know.

Next, the seven trumpets.

The Seven Trumpets

Rev 8:6 And the seven angels who had the seven trumpets prepared themselves to sound them.

Rev 8:7 The first sounded, and there came hail and fire, mixed with blood, and they were thrown to the earth; and a third of the earth was burned up, and a third of the trees were burned up, and all the green grass was burned up.

It is important to note that the events around the seals, trumpets and bowl judgments are all caused by God. These
are not punishment by Satan. Satan will have his own agenda during this time, the beast, the mark, beheading Christians etc..

Hail, fire and blood, seems like an unlikely mixture. Fire and ice normally don't go together. A third of the earth was burned up.
A third of the trees, and a third of the grass. So much for forestry conservation and hug the trees. Will this be a sudden thing that happens all at once, or will it will a series of small fires and small hailstorms over a period of time? This could happen in a few hours, or over a period of weeks, months and years. I do not know; my personal opinion is that this will happen in a very short amount of time.

Not only do trees give off oxygen, but they also produce fruit, perhaps there will be a shortage of apples, plums, pears, coconuts, bananas,
and tree grown produce. A third of the grass also will burn, does this include crops such as wheat, corn, and potatoes?
Lumber and woods is already very expensive, I can imagine it will be much more expensive at this time. Which drives the cost of things like furniture, housing, and fencing up.

The second trumpet.

Rev 8:8 The second angel sounded, and something like a great mountain burning with fire was thrown into the sea; and a third of the sea became blood,
Rev 8:9 and a third of the creatures which were in the sea and had life, died; and a third of the ships were destroyed.

"something like a great mountain" burning with fire... thrown into the sea. The prevailing speculation seems to be this will be a large
meteor of some sort. This also will be a major event. A third of the sea will become blood, perhaps because of all the dead sea creatures?
I can imagine how this will affect world hunger and the price of seafood at Red Lobster.

A third of the ships were destroyed. I am told the majority of international trade happens by ship. I imagine this will include military ships as well, this could drastically affect the military might and political structure of sea powers and Navys. How much petroleum and oil are being transported by ship at any given moment? It says "ships" here, but I have to think this would include fishing boats and yachts as well.
This will likely be a bad time to book a cruise.

The third trumpet.

Rev 8:10 The third angel sounded, and a great star fell from heaven, burning like a torch, and it fell on a third of the rivers and on the springs of waters.
Rev 8:11 The name of the star is called Wormwood; and a third of the waters became wormwood, and many men died from the waters, because they were made bitter.

Another great star from heaven. I not sure how this works, as it falls on a third of all the freshwater lakes and rivers.
It would seem that a meteor would only fall in one place, but whatever this is, seems to fall over the entire world, well, at least a third of it.
Perhaps this will be something like meteor shower that breaks up and peppers the earth as it rotates. Again, this is all speculation, I don't really know. What we do know, it that it will poison the water, and many people will die when this happens.
I can imagine the price of bottled water during this time. I live out in the country, I don't have city water, I have a well, maybe that will
help some people.

The fourth trumpet.

Rev 8:12 The fourth angel sounded, and a third of the sun and a third of the moon and a third of the stars were struck, so that a third of them would be darkened and the day would not shine for a third of it, and the night in the same way.

Things start to get cosmic here. Now it's not only the earth that is affected but celestial objects in the sky. The sun, the moon, and even the stars. A third of the sun. moon and stars will be affected in a way that the day and night will not have any light for a third of their durations.

I wonder if this is a mercy thing by God? Perhaps this is related to...

Matt 24:22; "Unless those days had been cut short, no life would have been saved; but for the sake of the elect those days will be cut short.

Does this mean the days will be one third shorter? Perhaps the earth will spin faster? Again, I don't know.
If the sun starts to dim for some reason, then it only makes sense that the moon would also dim, as it makes no light of it own, it only reflects sunlight. Perhaps this is simply because of all the smoke from a third of the earth, grass and trees burning blocking the sunlight.

I will stop and take another diversion here for a moment.
I'm all for conservation, save the planet, save the trees, save the whales. I don't believe anyone should willfully be destructive and
wasteful of any of these things. But on the other hand, I don't spend a lot of time, effort and money trying to avoid these things.
The Bible says much of the earth will be destroyed, and in fact there will eventually be a new earth.

Isa 65:17 "For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth; And the former things will not be remembered or come to mind.
Isa 66:22 "For just as the new heavens and the new earth Which I make will endure before Me," declares the LORD, "So your offspring and your name will endure.
2Pet 3:13 But according to His promise we are looking for new heavens and a new earth, in which righteousness dwells.
Rev 21:1 Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth passed away, and there is no longer any sea.

I've noticed that vast majority of these people tend to be non Bible believing liberals. As far as they are concerned this will be the only earth
for the next few million/billion years, so we need to take care of it. Again, I'm all for taking care of it, but no matter eventually it's going to burn up and we get a new earth.

2Pet 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a roar and the elements will be destroyed with intense heat, and the earth and its works will be burned up.
2Pet 3:12 looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be destroyed by burning, and the elements will melt with intense heat!

As if the first four trumpets weren't bad enough for you, the last three are going to be worse.

Rev 8:13 Then I looked, and I heard an eagle flying in midheaven, saying with a loud voice, "Woe, woe, woe to those who dwell on the earth, because of the remaining blasts of the trumpet of the three angels who are about to sound!"

These are also known as the three "woes".

The fifth trumpet.

If you have been paying attention, you will notice that the verses about each seal and each trumpet we have talked about so far are fairly short.
One, or two, or in some cases three verses long. The fifth trumpet is different. It gets eleven verses all to itself.

Rev 9:1 Then the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star from heaven which had fallen to the earth; and the key of the bottomless pit was given to him.
Rev 9:2 He opened the bottomless pit, and smoke went up out of the pit, like the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by the smoke of the pit.
Rev 9:3 Then out of the smoke came locusts upon the earth, and power was given them, as the scorpions of the earth have power.
Rev 9:4 They were told not to hurt the grass of the earth, nor any green thing, nor any tree, but only the men who do not have the seal of God on their foreheads.
Rev 9:5 And they were not permitted to kill anyone, but to torment for five months; and their torment was like the torment of a scorpion when it stings a man.
Rev 9:6 And in those days men will seek death and will not find it; they will long to die, and death flees from them.
Rev 9:7 The appearance of the locusts was like horses prepared for battle; and on their heads appeared to be crowns like gold, and their faces were like the faces of men.
Rev 9:8 They had hair like the hair of women, and their teeth were like the teeth of lions.
Rev 9:9 They had breastplates like breastplates of iron; and the sound of their wings was like the sound of chariots, of many horses rushing to battle.
Rev 9:10 They have tails like scorpions, and stings; and in their tails is their power to hurt men for five months.
Rev 9:11 They have as king over them, the angel of the abyss; his name in Hebrew is Abaddon, and in the Greek he has the name Apollyon.

I mentioned earlier that a third of the light from the sun and moon would be darkened, perhaps it is from the smoke of this pit mentioned in this passage. The main subject of this passage is the flying scorpion/locust like creatures. What are these creatures? A new type of insect? Killer African bees? Some new military nano-tech drones? Again, I don't really know. But whatever they are, they have the power to sting people, and the hurt of it lasts for five months. I've been stung by bees and wasps before. The pain for only for a day or two, but that was long enough for me. It seems their sting doesn't kill anyone, it is just severely painful. It will hurt so bad that men will try to kill themselves just to end the pain.

Many times we use a figure of speech, and say something like "the mosquitoes from hell" or something similar to that, somewhat jokingly. But in this case, these creatures will literally be from hell. Perhaps these really are the mosquitoes from hell.

A very important thing to note here. They do not harm anyone who has "the seal of God on their foreheads". It seems they only sting unrepentant non-believers. It seems unlikely that the insects of the earth would be smart enough to know the difference, but somehow these creatures know the difference.

The sixth trumpet.

Rev 9:12 The first woe is past; behold, two woes are still coming after these things.

Rev 9:13 Then the sixth angel sounded, and I heard a voice from the four horns of the golden altar which is before God,
Rev 9:14 one saying to the sixth angel who had the trumpet, "Release the four angels who are bound at the great river Euphrates."
Rev 9:15 And the four angels, who had been prepared for the hour and day and month and year, were released, so that they would kill a third of mankind.
Rev 9:16 The number of the armies of the horsemen was two hundred million; I heard the number of them.
Rev 9:17 And this is how I saw in the vision the horses and those who sat on them: the riders had breastplates the color of fire and of hyacinth and of brimstone; and the heads of the horses are like the heads of lions; and out of their mouths proceed fire and smoke and brimstone.
Rev 9:18 A third of mankind was killed by these three plagues, by the fire and the smoke and the brimstone which proceeded out of their mouths.
Rev 9:19 For the power of the horses is in their mouths and in their tails; for their tails are like serpents and have heads, and with them they do harm.
Rev 9:20 The rest of mankind, who were not killed by these plagues, did not repent of the works of their hands, so as not to worship demons, and the idols of gold and of silver and of brass and of stone and of wood, which can neither see nor hear nor walk;
Rev 9:21 and they did not repent of their murders nor of their sorceries nor of their immorality nor of their thefts.

I have wondered what the significance of the four horns of the altar are. There are a number of Old Testament verses that mention this in the earthly temple as well. For example...

Ezek 43:15 "The altar hearth shall be four cubits; and from the altar hearth shall extend upwards four horns.

This trumpet releases four other angels. Somehow, they are bound at the Euphrates which is still a great river you can find on almost any world map. It appears they are on a calendar schedule of a specific time, day and year that they will appear. These four angels will kill a third of mankind.

Verse 16 jumps from four angels to two hundred million horsemen. Perhaps the four angels are generals of a sort to these horsemen? Perhaps each general has about 50 million horsemen in his command? Are these spiritual beings? Physical beings? Metaphors for a modern technology? I have read old books that suggest people of the Middle Ages thought these would be literal knights on horses. Perhaps they will be, but perhaps this was just the language of that time to explain Humvees and tanks. It seems fire comes out of the mouths of the horses.

Another interesting note here. It says a third of mankind is killed by these "three" plagues? It seems that the fire, smoke, and brimstone aren't all one plague, but rather three individual plagues. If the current population of the earth is close to 9 billion, that means three billion people will die during this time. No other event in human history ( other than the flood in Genesis ) comes close to this.

Verses 20 and 21 are two of the most profound verses in the entire Bible to me. Here are all these events happening all over the world,
a third of the forests are gone, a third of the crops, a third of mankind is killed, meteors are falling to earth poisoning the rivers, a third of the fish in the sea are dead... and yet. It seems the majority of mankind will not repent and turn to God.

I astounds me of the hardness of some people's hearts, but in reality, I see this even today, so maybe it shouldn't surprise me.

I've heard people say the greatest revival of all time will happen during the tribulation and all the churches will be full, but I don't see this in scripture. It seems the majority of people still will not repent and turn to God.

Last edited:
The seventh trumpet.

Rev 11:15 Then the seventh angel sounded; and there were loud voices in heaven, saying, "The kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord and of His Christ; and He will reign forever and ever."
Rev 11:16 And the twenty-four elders, who sit on their thrones before God, fell on their faces and worshiped God,
Rev 11:17 saying, "We give You thanks, O Lord God, the Almighty, who are and who were, because You have taken Your great power and have begun to reign.
Rev 11:18 "And the nations were enraged, and Your wrath came, and the time came for the dead to be judged, and the time to reward Your bond-servants the prophets and the saints and those who fear Your name, the small and the great, and to destroy those who destroy the earth."
Rev 11:19 And the temple of God which is in heaven was opened; and the ark of His covenant appeared in His temple, and there were flashes of lightning and sounds and peals of thunder and an earthquake and a great hailstorm.

Who owns the world right now? This is still a subject of debate. On one hand Jesus said.
Matt 28:18; And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth.
But does that mean He is the ruler of the earth?
On the other hand Jesus calls Satan the ruler of this world.
John 14:30;
"I will not speak much more with you, for the ruler of the world is coming, and he has nothing in Me;
2Cor 4:4; in whose case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelieving so that they might not see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.
But back to the seventh seal here. In Rev 11:15; above we see that world finally becomes a part of the kingdom of God here.
It seems the earth does not fully become part of the kingdom until this time.
Who are the 24 elders mentioned in verse 16? Again, this is a highly speculated and debated subject, no one seems to know for sure.
They are mentioned about 10 times throughout Revelation.

Rev 4:4 Around the throne were twenty-four thrones; and upon the thrones I saw twenty-four elders sitting, clothed in white garments, and golden crowns on their heads.
Rev 4:10 the twenty-four elders will fall down before Him who sits on the throne, and will worship Him who lives forever and ever, and will cast their crowns before the throne, saying,
Rev 11:16 And the twenty-four elders, who sit on their thrones before God, fell on their faces and worshiped God,
Rev 19:4 And the twenty-four elders and the four living creatures fell down and worshiped God who sits on the throne saying, "Amen. Hallelujah!"

The temple of God which is heaven. Did you know there is a temple in heaven? This has been discussed in other threads here on TalkJesus.
See Heb 8:2, Heb 9:11, Heb 9:23-24, this temple contains the ark of the covenant. Why does this come back in the New Testament?
What is in the ark of the covenant?

Exod 25:16; "You shall put into the ark the testimony which I shall give you.
Heb 9:4; having a golden altar of incense and the ark of the covenant covered on all sides with gold, in which was a golden jar holding the manna, and Aaron's rod which budded, and the tables of the covenant;

The testimony here and the tables of the covenant were the ten commandments. Do they still apply in the New Testament?

Well, we have covered the seven seals, and the seven trumpets. What about the seven plagues also known as the seven bowl judgments?

Rev 15:1 Then I saw another sign in heaven, great and marvelous, seven angels who had seven plagues, which are the last, because in them the wrath of God is finished.
Rev 15:2 And I saw something like a sea of glass mixed with fire, and those who had been victorious over the beast and his image and the number of his name, standing on the sea of glass, holding harps of God.
Rev 15:3 And they *sang the song of Moses, the bond-servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, "Great and marvelous are Your works, O Lord God, the Almighty; Righteous and true are Your ways, King of the nations!
Rev 15:4 "Who will not fear, O Lord, and glorify Your name? For You alone are holy; For ALL THE NATIONS WILL COME AND WORSHIP BEFORE YOU, FOR YOUR RIGHTEOUS ACTS HAVE BEEN REVEALED."
Rev 15:5 After these things I looked, and the temple of the tabernacle of testimony in heaven was opened,
Rev 15:6 and the seven angels who had the seven plagues came out of the temple, clothed in linen, clean and bright, and girded around their chests with golden sashes.
Rev 15:7 Then one of the four living creatures gave to the seven angels seven golden bowls full of the wrath of God, who lives forever and ever.
Rev 15:8 And the temple was filled with smoke from the glory of God and from His power; and no one was able to enter the temple until the seven plagues of the seven angels were finished.

Once again we hear about this temple in heaven. In fact here it is called "the temple of the tabernacle of testimony".
It says here that the temple will be closed until the seven plagues are complete.

I sometimes see images of people who've gone to heaven, who somehow turn into angels and get wings, and play harps on the clouds.
This is unbiblical, people do not become angels. However, it appears some will play harps in heaven, and song a song. ( Rev 15:2 )

The first bowl - sores on those who worship the beast.

Rev 16:1 Then I heard a loud voice from the temple, saying to the seven angels, "Go and pour out on the earth the seven bowls of the wrath of God."
Rev 16:2 So the first angel went and poured out his bowl on the earth; and it became a loathsome and malignant sore on the people who had the mark of the beast and who worshiped his image.

As mentioned earlier, these plagues aren't caused by Satan. They are called the "wrath of God" in verse 1 above.
This first bowl causes a great sore to appear on the people who take the mark of the beast.

Back