Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

The Three 7's of Revelation.

The second bowl.

Rev 16:3 The second angel poured out his bowl into the sea, and it became blood like that of a dead man; and every living thing in the sea died.

This is similar to Rev 8:9, but the difference here is, instead of this only affecting a third of the sea. It affects everything, every living thing in the sea. No more fish, plants, coral, possibly no more algae and plankton. So much for save the whales.

The third bowl.

Rev 16:4 Then the third angel poured out his bowl into the rivers and the springs of waters; and they became blood.
Rev 16:5 And I heard the angel of the waters saying, "Righteous are You, who are and who were, O Holy One, because You judged these things;
Rev 16:6 for they poured out the blood of saints and prophets, and You have given them blood to drink. They deserve it."
Rev 16:7 And I heard the altar saying, "Yes, O Lord God, the Almighty, true and righteous are Your judgments."

This is similar to Rev 8:10, but again the difference is, not just a third of the rivers, lakes, and fresh water. But all of it, the entire water
supply of the earth. People talk about God being "love", but they tend to leave out the parts about His judgments. They may
seem severe to us, but it says here that God's judgments are true and righteous.

As bad and gross as this sounds, it is my understanding you could live on drinking blood. ( hey, it works for vampires ).
But seriously, I am told people have survived with no water when they had only blood to drink. I'm not sure how long you could do this.

The fourth bowl.

Rev 16:8 The fourth angel poured out his bowl upon the sun, and it was given to it to scorch men with fire.
Rev 16:9 Men were scorched with fierce heat; and they blasphemed the name of God who has the power over these plagues, and they did not repent so as to give Him glory.

The sun will be so hot, that it will burn men. I've had 3rd degree sunburn in my past, and that was extremely painful for a few days.
I imagine this will be even worse.

Once again it says here that God has the power over these plagues. Not Satan, as some believe.
But even though these people are in great pain, agony and suffering, they refuse to repent. I do find that amazing.

The fifth bowl.

Rev 16:10 Then the fifth angel poured out his bowl on the throne of the beast, and his kingdom became darkened; and they gnawed their tongues because of pain,
Rev 16:11 and they blasphemed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores; and they did not repent of their deeds.

Does the entire world become darkened, or just the part under the beasts control?
Between he sores and the scorching sun, it seems people will be in a lot of pain. But yet, you guessed it, they still
will not repent and turn to God.

The sixth bowl - preparation for Armageddon

Rev 16:12 The sixth angel poured out his bowl on the great river, the Euphrates; and its water was dried up, so that the way would be prepared for the kings from the east.
Rev 16:13 And I saw coming out of the mouth of the dragon and out of the mouth of the beast and out of the mouth of the false prophet, three unclean spirits like frogs;
Rev 16:14 for they are spirits of demons, performing signs, which go out to the kings of the whole world, to gather them together for the war of the great day of God, the Almighty.
Rev 16:15 ("Behold, I am coming like a thief. Blessed is the one who stays awake and keeps his clothes, so that he will not walk about naked and men will not see his shame.")
Rev 16:16 And they gathered them together to the place which in Hebrew is called Har-Magedon.

The Euphrates river is one of the larger rivers in the world today. It is the largest river in western Asia.
There are currently at least five dams on the Euphrates. Perhaps some of them will close off the water downriver at some point.
In any case the water of the Euphrates will be blocked, so the kings of the east can come across.

The river mostly flows through modern day Turkey Syria and Iraq. What is to the east? Who are these kings?
Iran is immediately to the east of the Euphrates. Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Pakistan and Afghanistan would be east of that.
If we go further east we eventually run into India and China.

Now unlike the seals, trumpets and bowls which are from God, these three unclean frog spirits that perform signs and wonders will
be demonic, they will be from Satan. But they will gather together many nations to make a war. A war against who? When will this happen?
A few passages of scripture come to mind, but not everyone agrees on the timing.

Rev 20:8; and will come out to deceive the nations which are in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together for the war; the number of them is like the sand of the seashore.
Rev 20:9; And they came up on the broad plain of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city, and fire came down from heaven and devoured them.

The event listed above happens after the millennial reign. This would be roughly a thousand years after the tribulation.
For that reason, many do not believe these to be the same event. Also "the beloved city" is thought to be Jerusalem not Har-Magedon.
Finally Gog and Magog are typically thought to be more north, Europe and Russia come to mind.

Rev 14:19 So the angel swung his sickle to the earth and gathered the clusters from the vine of the earth, and threw them into the great wine press of the wrath of God.
Rev 14:20 And the wine press was trodden outside the city, and blood came out from the wine press, up to the horses' bridles, for a distance of two hundred miles.

This war is a much more likely candidate, it will be much worse than any war previously in history. It says blood will be as high as the horses
bridle ( 2 meters, or roughly six feet deep ) for a distance of 200 hundred miles. I can't even imagine that much blood and how many people it would take to make that much blood. The entire country of Israel is only about 290 miles long.

So where is Armageddon? - Armageddon - Wikipedia
It's about 20 miles southwest of Haifa in Northern Israel.

If you're paying attention to the current world news, this may be a lot closer than many people think.

The seventh bowl.

Rev 16:17 Then the seventh angel poured out his bowl upon the air, and a loud voice came out of the temple from the throne, saying, "It is done."
Rev 16:18 And there were flashes of lightning and sounds and peals of thunder; and there was a great earthquake, such as there had not been since man came to be upon the earth, so great an earthquake was it, and so mighty.
Rev 16:19 The great city was split into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell. Babylon the great was remembered before God, to give her the cup of the wine of His fierce wrath.
Rev 16:20 And every island fled away, and the mountains were not found.
Rev 16:21 And huge hailstones, about one hundred pounds each, *came down from heaven upon men; and men blasphemed God because of the plague of the hail, because its plague *was extremely severe.

It is done - I can't help but think of Jesus on the cross saying "It is finished". Another major milestone in God's plan is done.
The greatest earthquake of all time will happen at this time. This will even be much larger than the Great Chilean earthquake in 1960 in
South America.

The "great city" will be split into three parts. What great city is this? Jerusalem? Rome? Perhaps even New York?
Babylon will be remembered. Babylon doesn't exist any more. It was in southern Iraq - Babylon - Wikipedia
Some speculate this is more of an abstract Babylon, simply meaning the society of the world. I have a hard time imaging more evil
cities in the world right now than places like Hollywood which promote all kinds of sin at every level.

Every island and mountain will disappear. Not a good time to be vacationing in Hawaii or Bora Bora. On the other hand, it will be
a great time to say you climbed Mount Everest. But seriously, major geological events will be happening, and the surface of the earth will
be re-arranged.

Huge hailstones will come. It says they will be about 100 pounds ( 45 kilograms ) each. The largest hail I've ever seen was about
baseball sized. I'm told these were less than 1 pound each. They caused a lot of damage. Holes in roofs, smashed windshields, dented cars, and broken patio furniture. As far as I know, no one was killed in that storm. I can't even imagine a hailstone of 100 pounds, or the damage it could do. Seemingly this won't be a localized storm, but a global storm that will cover the entire world, or at least a very large portion of it.

...and yet, even after all of this, men will not change. They will not repent, they will not turn back to God. They will blaspheme and blame God for these things ( ironically acknowledging His existence ) but they won't change.

Somewhat off-topic: I work with an atheist. He likes to curse a lot. One of his favorite words seems to be G*d-dammit.
Many times, when he says this, I ask him, how can God dam that if he doesn't exist? Maybe it's just because he is tired of me asking
him that, but it does seem to be having an effect. He is saying it less and less. Now, I have to think of something to keep him
saying some other words. :)

Back