• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Tongues Without Interpretation Is Not God's Love

Active
Thank God my walk in the Spirit is not determined by the unlearned.
I have prayed in tongues daily without interpretation to Jesus and my Father for
twenty-one years now.
And I ain't going to stop because someone says he doesn't do it nor then should I.

I do not believe that was the point of the OP when scripture has been used to prove why God would NOT have His gift of tongues to speak unto the people to turn it around for private use for some of the believers because that would divide the body of Christ and promote envy as well. How could it not? That leads to those who preach extra as not speaking the same thing nor having the same judgment in our fellowship with the Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Corinthians 1:9-10 KJV

Loyal
My understanding of Romans 8:26 with regard to speaking in tongues is that Paul is not primarily or exclusively talking about speaking in tongues here; but neither is speaking in tongues excluded.

Surely all prayer - however it is articulated - is in the Holy Spirit. How could we pray at all apart from the Spirit? The unutterable groanings is a part of every believer's spiritual life, where the Holy Spirit intercedes on our behalf when we reach the human limits of what we can ask for in the presence of God.

The Holy Spirit is fully God, and fully present with us, and so able to intercede on our behalf. (Do I fully comprehend this? No.)

For some people this may often take the form of speaking in tongues. But not everybody and not all the time.

Anybody who belongs to Christ Jesus - whether they speak in tongues or not - can be sure that the Spirit maketh intercession for them.

Loyal
Secretly daily I meet with my Lord. What I speak and what He speaks is between us alone until and if He may give an open reward for all to see. My life with Jesus is my reward and it is where people can see it. My testimonies, some of which I have written here on this forum are given openly from God through me. Why is it then that some seem to be more concerned with the forms used than the fruits received and shared?

Mat 6:6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly." Matt 6:6

Active
Heres some scripture that goes into why God made different tongues in the first place.

Go right back to the beginning of your bible to genesis 11:1-9

Tongues is magnifying the Lord. I have told you this over and over but you simply dont believe.

For the sake of clarity, I believe in God's gift of tongues is of other men's lips to speak unto the people. Only one way. He would not be confusing by using His gift of tongues in another way, especially as when the other way is not to come with interpretation for the tongue speaker to understand and for that tongue to be fruitful to the tongue speaker..

Jesus4me am going to explain it really simply as if you are a child ok? Get out your kjv bible.

That's fine.

Go to acts chapter 2 esp read verse 11. We do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God.

That is what I believe s the real God's gift of tongues which is of other men's lips to speak unto the people in outreach ministry and why interpretation will come within the assembly for all to be edified.

Another miracle happens in acts 3 verse 8. What does the lame man do, he leaps up and praises God.

But he wasn't speaking in tongues and so I am not sure why you had chosen that reference. He spoke in the language that he knew as he knew he was praising God.

In acts 4 Peter and John get told off for doing miracles and speaking about Jesus. Peter gets filled with the holy ghosts and speaks to the high priest, but Peter is a lowly fisherman from galilee whats he doing speaking with the hebrew elite? They try and tell him to shut up. See verse 18.

Peter is not supernaturally filled again with the Holy Ghost. That verse was about how he was answering that question as it was the Lord speaking thru him and not Paul, himself, in answering.

Acts 4:7 And when they had set them in the midst, they asked, By what power, or by what name, have ye done this? 8 Then Peter, filled with the Holy Ghost, said unto them, Ye rulers of the people, and elders of Israel,

So Peter filled with the Holy Ghost, was informing the readers of Acts how Paul was answering that question in verse 7 above. We do not need to be supernaturally filled by the Holy Ghost before we give an answer from the Lord.

29 and 31 says they speak with boldness.

In context, Peter & John had 5,000 receiving the word which they had spoken before they got arrested. After their release, they came back into their own company; those 5,000 new believers, and told them what had happened. This in turn inspired the whole lot of them, the new believes, as they all ( the new believers excluding Peter & John ) prayed that they would speak in the same boldness as Peter & John had done and that was when they had received the promise of the Holy Spirit at their salvation. That was when that community of seekers became saved believers and it was those 5,000 that became a community in sharing everything they have within that community as laying it before the apostles' feet to prove it as that had occurred after they had received the Holy Spirit at their salvation.

Go further to acts 10:46 what does it say there?

In context, that Gentiles believers had received the promise of the Holy Spirit before water baptism, before confessing Him with their mouths, but heard the word and believed in Him when they had received the remission of sins ( Acts 10:43 KJV ) and the promise of the Holy Spirit at their salvation ( Acts 10:44 KJV ). Tongues came to be used as a sign towards any unbelievers in their midst and it testified to the former Jews but now Christians among them, that the gospel was allowed by God to go to the Gentiles. God had to give a vision to Peter to go to the Roman Centurion because Peter was still under that mandate given by Jesus Christ when He was on earth ( see Matthew 10:5-7 KJV ).

Ok what does magnifying the Lord mean? It means praising him, exalting Him. Declaring Jesus is Lord. King of kings, lord of Lords. Glorifying Him. So whether we do it in english, hebrew, maori or another tongue it means the same!

If no one of that language hears it, and no one interprets it for the tongue speaker to KNOW what is being said, how is it fruitful in any assembly?

Nobody is saying in another tongue Jesus4Me your car lights are on.

But you don't know what is being said when it comes without interpretation. Is it praise? Is it self edification? Is it the Holy Spirit praying instead which is totally different than all those other supposed benefits for using tongues privately.

Where is the love toward the believer well..you know what proverbs 3:5 says trust the Lord with all thine heart and lean not unto your own understanding...in all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

How many of us understand God completely? Do we know over 100 languages like He does and answer billions of prayers every second. No? You and me both.

Sometimes God does things we dont understand like even uses our mouths to speak through.

So dont be afraid of tongues if you hear it and you dont understand. I dont know how your church operates but if its always a noisy babble then maybe find somewhere quieter or use a talking stick. Wait your turn. I prefer keeping silence in church myself.

The problem here is.. what if you never had tongues that you believed was for private use for the Holy Spirit to pray by in giving His own intercessions? How would that not make you feel slighted by the Holy Spirit? How can that not make you feel that the Holy Spirit is not making any intercessions for you because you are not praying in tongues? Do you see something wrong with that picture that lacks Christ's love towards all the body of believers?

When there is another supernatural tongue in the world which was vain & profane babbling nonsense ( Isaiah 8:19 KJV ) before Pentecost came with the real God's gift of tongues of other men's lips to speak unto the people ( 1 Corinthians 14:21 KJV ), how can I not be concern on how tongues assumed for private use when it comes without interpretation is being used by only some members in the body of Christ for a variety of purposes that cannot be confirmed without interpretation?

Active
It's not fine at all. If the devil wants to depress me then that is one way to achieve it. (but , stuff him!)

I know I need your prayers, Brother Bear.

I believe every one here does too.

We are called to pray for one another anyway.

Active
Greetings,

if we read Jude in context we shall see that, "But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost," does not equal 'speaking in tongues'.or 'praying in tongues'.
We can use that Scripture to profess it means 'speaking in tongues' or 'praying in tongues' but it doesn't say that at all.

And, for the record," building up yourselves" does NOT mean shooting each other down.

Bless you ....><>

Is posting the unspoken thing that is not being said by tongue speakers considered shooting the tongue speakers down? Like pointing out the obvious when tongue speaker pray in tongues and thus inferring the Holy Spirit making intercessions for them when they do not know what to pray for; and by saying so.. INFERRING THE UNSPOKEN THING as if inferring the question "does that mean the Holy Spirit is not making any intercessions for non-tongue speakers"?

If that is not considered as shooting the other down, brother, I do ask that you point it out when I do. I am relying on Him to help me serve Him in Christ's love, but since we are to bear with one another our shortcomings, I would appreciate a correction now and then in how to reply better.

Thank you, Brother Bear.

Loyal
I do not believe that was the point of the OP when scripture has been used to prove why God would NOT have His gift of tongues to speak unto the people to turn it around for private use for some of the believers because that would divide the body of Christ and promote envy as well. How could it not? That leads to those who preach extra as not speaking the same thing nor having the same judgment in our fellowship with the Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Corinthians 1:9-10 KJV
There are baby believers who partake of milk only. As a baby grows [if he does] he should be moving toward the ability to partake of meat and to properly chew it and digest it. The steps for each person to arrive at the fullness of what his function is to be in the Body of Christ are not precisely the same.

All of us until we have arrived at the "face to face" are still seeing as through a glass darkly. [I Cor 13] The level of darkness versus Light is not the same for each person nor is the manner in which they communicate with God.[Psalm 18:28] Let us not try put people in a box nor God in a box.[Isaiah 28:20] He is the One who leads us [John 14:26]. He is the One who gives any increase [ I Cor 3:6-7] . He is the One who decides if someone needs to be put back out into the outer darkness where there is weeping and gnashing of teeth.[ Matt 22:13]

There are denominations in the thousands because people lead and people follow those human leaders. If the leaders are blind those who follow blindly will fall in a ditch with them [Matt 15:14] . Until your own vision is exactly like God's all of the time do not presume that you alone are not blind at all.

"And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.
Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you." Matt 7:3-6

Active
My understanding of Romans 8:26 with regard to speaking in tongues is that Paul is not primarily or exclusively talking about speaking in tongues here; but neither is speaking in tongues excluded.

Thank you for sharing, but some points are needed to be stated for clarification regarding that verse. The majority of tongue speakers use Romans 8:26 KJV as a reference to prove that the Holy Spirit will use tongues for giving His own intercessions, but the KJV renders that message that the Holy Spirit cannot even utter His groanings whereas other modern Bibles as this site uses the ESV having Romans 8:26 implies that groanings are heard but too deep for words. So which is the right message?

Well, if we look to John 16:13 in the ESV , it says the Holy Spirit will not speak on His own authority; thus whatever He hears that He only speaks.

The NIV has John 16:13 NIV as He will not speak on His own.

The NASB has John 16:13 NASB as He will not speak on His own initiative.

The ASV has John 16:13 ASV as He will not speak from Himself.

So the Holy Spirit cannot cease to be the Spirit of Christ when speaking thru us to others. The words that the Holy Spirit speaks are not His own and therefore He cannot utter His own intercessions which the KJV has testified that He cannot even utter His groanings either.

Surely all prayer - however it is articulated - is in the Holy Spirit. How could we pray at all apart from the Spirit? The unutterable groanings is a part of every believer's spiritual life, where the Holy Spirit intercedes on our behalf when we reach the human limits of what we can ask for in the presence of God.

Which that prayer is directed at that throne of grace to the Lord Jesus Christ as it is by Him that our intercessions and the Spirit's unspoken intercessions are give to the Father.

The Holy Spirit is fully God, and fully present with us, and so able to intercede on our behalf. (Do I fully comprehend this? No.)

For some people this may often take the form of speaking in tongues. But not everybody and not all the time.

Anybody who belongs to Christ Jesus - whether they speak in tongues or not - can be sure that the Spirit maketh intercession for them.

When we know that the Spirit's makes unspoken intercessions for everybody as the Lord Jesus Christ knows the mind of the Spirit in giving His unspoken intercessions to God the Father, what need does the Holy Spirit has to use tongues in turning it around to voice His intercessions in vain and profane babbling nonsense? None.

And yet the supernatural tongue is real to the tongue users and so the question is; did they test the spirits? Should the tongue be tested as well because there is a supernatural tongue in the world that is vain & profane babbling ( Isaiah 8:19 KJV )?

If we are to prove all things and abstain from all appearances of evil; to not call evil good and good evil, then in no way would God's gift of tongues for speaking unto the people mimic the supernatural tongue in the world when used privately.

Active
Secretly daily I meet with my Lord. What I speak and what He speaks is between us alone until and if He may give an open reward for all to see. My life with Jesus is my reward and it is where people can see it. My testimonies, some of which I have written here on this forum are given openly from God through me. Why is it then that some seem to be more concerned with the forms used than the fruits received and shared?

Mat 6:6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly." Matt 6:6

What if in that closet, you spoke in tongues that was just for your self edification and not what you believe was the Holy Spirit using tongues for uttering His intercessions? I fail to see how you can tell the difference when it does not come with interpretation for you to know for sure what you just did in tongues.

I know God is not the author of confusion, and since He wants YOU to pray, that would mean shunning vain & profane babbling to pray in your normal tongue so you would know what you had prayed for so you can give the Father genuine heartfelt thanks in Jesus;s names for answers to prayers.

So praying in the closet is knowing what you had prayed for; so that when answers to known prayers come, you can give known heartfelt thanks to God.

Active
There are baby believers who partake of milk only. As a baby grows [if he does] he should be moving toward the ability to partake of meat and to properly chew it and digest it. The steps for each person to arrive at the fullness of what his function is to be in the Body of Christ are not precisely the same.

All of us until we have arrived at the "face to face" are still seeing as through a glass darkly. [I Cor 13] The level of darkness versus Light is not the same for each person nor is the manner in which they communicate with God.[Psalm 18:28] Let us not try put people in a box nor God in a box.[Isaiah 28:20] He is the One who leads us [John 14:26]. He is the One who gives any increase [ I Cor 3:6-7] . He is the One who decides if someone needs to be put back out into the outer darkness where there is weeping and gnashing of teeth.[ Matt 22:13]

There are denominations in the thousands because people lead and people follow those human leaders. If the leaders are blind those who follow blindly will fall in a ditch with them [Matt 15:14] . Until your own vision is exactly like God's all of the time do not presume that you alone are not blind at all.

"And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.
Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you." Matt 7:3-6

Let me ask you these questions.

If the Holy Spirit uses tongues to utter His intercessions as you claim that special closeness to God by, does that mean the Holy Spirit is not making any intercessions for the rest of us believers that do not pray in tongues?

If you had never had tongues to pray in, how would you feel? Would you feel a loss of that closeness with the Lord? Would you feel slighted by the Lord?

Would you be envious of other tongue speakers if suddenly you no longer can pray in tongues any more? Would you wonder if you had done something for why that closeness has not returned? Would you doubt God's love towards you in this silence?

Then try to imagine how your testimony is affecting non-tongue speakers and why you should question with Him that tongue and how you got that tongue.

At the very least, try to understand why I believe you should question it because I know God loves me and intercedes for me on my behalf without tongues.

Loyal

If the Holy Spirit uses tongues to utter His intercessions as you claim that special closeness to God by, does that mean the Holy Spirit is not making any intercessions for the rest of us believers that do not pray in tongues?

If you had never had tongues to pray in, how would you feel? Would you feel a loss of that closeness with the Lord? Would you feel slighted by the Lord?

Would you be envious of other tongue speakers if suddenly you no longer can pray in tongues any more? Would you wonder if you had done something for why that closeness has not returned? Would you doubt God's love towards you in this silence?

Then try to imagine how your testimony is affecting non-tongue speakers and why you should question with Him that tongue and how you got that tongue.

At the very least, try to understand why I believe you should question it because I know God loves me and intercedes for me on my behalf without tongues.
Any suggestion that the gift of tongues, or any other spirit gift, is a sign of God's special favour or pleasure is deeply divisive.

God gives gifts according to his purposes, and it not for us to question.

Personal history: there was a charismatic resurgence when I was a teenager, with a lot of emphasis on speaking in tongues, and a fair bit of unwise and unhelpful pressure too.

My younger sister prayed and prayed for the gift and never received it. That signalled her disillusionment with the church and she walked away from her faith.

Many of the people I most respect and look up to in my faith don't speak in tongues, and likely wouldn't encourage it in others.

For myself, I think I have the gift in order to make up for a lack in myself. I am grateful for it.

Boasting on one side and envy or feeling belittled on the other is sure to lead to division. Lord, give us all grace.

Loyal
What if in that closet, you spoke in tongues that was just for your self edification and not what you believe was the Holy Spirit using tongues for uttering His intercessions? I fail to see how you can tell the difference when it does not come with interpretation for you to know for sure what you just did in tongues.
And I do not need to explain to you. Your only purpose to prove you are right. God is quite capable of handling His own affairs. Why can you not leave it that rather than pursuing something of which have not a clue?

I know God is not the author of confusion, and since He wants YOU to pray, that would mean shunning vain & profane babbling to pray in your normal tongue so you would know what you had prayed for so you can give the Father genuine heartfelt thanks in Jesus;s names for answers to prayers.
Ditto!

So praying in the closet is knowing what you had prayed for; so that when answers to known prayers come, you can give known heartfelt thanks to God.
I will say this much. I often know what I need to pray for, but also quite often I do not know how God wants me pray. I pray even for those things I have forgotten and I pray for answers which my flesh would want to reject.

Loyal

Have you ever heard of a prayer warrior? Have you ever compiled or even known all of the functions of all of the members of the Body of Christ?

I have not been without for a great many years. Should I hypothesize when I have the real thing? Should we go back to the type or shadow when we have it? The tongues will leave when they have no further value for the work God is doing in me.

Would you be envious of other tongue speakers if suddenly you no longer can pray in tongues any more?
Foolish question. Are you standing in God's stead?

Would you wonder if you had done something for why that closeness has not returned? Would you doubt God's love towards you in this silence?
Foolish question. Are you standing in God's stead?

More of the hypothetical instead of something real. Leave it in God's very capable hands.

"And now I say unto you, Refrain from these men, and let them alone: for if this counsel or this work be of men, it will come to nought:
But if it be of God, ye cannot overthrow it; lest haply ye be found even to fight against God." Acts 5:38-39

My friend I have questioned God on everything I felt it necessary to do over the years, including this. I have also been rebuked by God for expecting answers in words that every man could understand.

Still...
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.
For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." Isaiah 55:8-9

You were not sent to direct anyone else's steps.

When someone asks you be willing to answer, but you are not helping because someone asked for help. You continue to attempt to force feed! God doesn't work that way and neither should we.

Active
Any suggestion that the gift of tongues, or any other spirit gift, is a sign of God's special favour or pleasure is deeply divisive.

Personal history: there was a charismatic resurgence when I was a teenager, with a lot of emphasis on speaking in tongues, and a fair bit of unwise and unhelpful pressure too.

My younger sister prayed and prayed for the gift and never received it. That signalled her disillusionment with the church and she walked away from her faith.

Many of the people I most respect and look up to in my faith don't speak in tongues, and likely wouldn't encourage it in others.

Thank you, brother, for sharing that about your sister and what you had gone through, but it does bring about the warning from Jesus about no good tree will produce an evil fruit and no evil tree will produce a good fruit as I would apply that to any claims of tongues coming without interpretation as meaning it is for private use. There is just too much evil coming off of that, but I am glad that the Lord has reminded you of this to not be dismissive of the claims from the OP in the hopes that you may inquire from teh Lord further in discerning whether or not tongues for private use is really of Him at all..

For myself, I think I have the gift in order to make up for a lack in myself. I am grateful for it.

I appreciate you being open in sharing that but In what way are you lacking that you believe you need praying in tongues for that non-tongue speakers do not lack?

Boasting on one side and envy or feeling belittled on the other is sure to lead to division. Lord, give us all grace.

Since we are not to believe every spirit but test them 1 John 4:1 KJV then what the apostle John says here also means prove the tongues too, because God would never mimic the supernatural tongue found in the world. 1 John 4:5-6 KJV

Active
And I do not need to explain to you. Your only purpose to prove you are right. God is quite capable of handling His own affairs. Why can you not leave it that rather than pursuing something of which have not a clue?

You do not need to explain it to me. Only God can prove all things, but in any progress of a discussion, when questions are not answered, how is it that you do not apply 1 Peter 3:15 KJV to discern that maybe.. just maybe .. you beter ask Him for the answers to prove or disprove what I am sharing my concern about for the body of Christ.

I will say this much. I often know what I need to pray for, but also quite often I do not know how God wants me pray. I pray even for those things I have forgotten and I pray for answers which my flesh would want to reject.

But what you have shared can be applied to all believers and not all believers pray in tongues Is God showing partiality in the body of Christ? I do not believe that. If non-tongue speakers do not need tongues for the Holy Spirit to make intercessions for them ( us ), then you do not need it either. But if that question does not bother you to even ask the Lord at that throne of grace, then you can walk away from this thread satisfied that you have nothing to be concern about.

Loyal
Thank you, brother, for sharing that about your sister and what you had gone through, but it does bring about the warning from Jesus about no good tree will produce an evil fruit and no evil tree will produce a good fruit as I would apply that to any claims of tongues coming without interpretation as meaning it is for private use. There is just too much evil coming off of that, but I am glad that the Lord has reminded you of this to not be dismissive of the claims from the OP in the hopes that you may inquire from teh Lord further in discerning whether or not tongues for private use is really of Him at all..

I appreciate you being open in sharing that but In what way are you lacking that you believe you need praying in tongues for that non-tongue speakers do not lack?

Since we are not to believe every spirit but test them 1 John 4:1 KJV then what the apostle John says here also means prove the tongues too, because God would never mimic the supernatural tongue found in the world. 1 John 4:5-6 KJV

For every good gift from God, there is a counterfeit and a distortion. I think the evil one used something good to sow confusion.

My lack? I have perfectionist tendencies, and that means I often stall in prayer because I can't articulate properly what I need to. Speaking in tongues liberates me from that.

Bless you

Active
For every good gift from God, there is a counterfeit and a distortion. I think the evil one used something good to sow confusion.

I believe God would help us to know the counterfeit easily by noting how that supernatural tongue that was in the world before Pentecost that was just vain & profane babbling nonsense which can never be interpreted whereas when God's gift of tongues came at Pentecost, it was and still is of other men's lips to speak unto the people so that foreigners understand it in the mission field and why His tongues will come with interpretation in the assembly.

God would never mimic the supernatural tongue in the world which is why His gift of tongues will always comes with interpretation as it was never meant to be used privately when Paul testified that the tongue is unfruitful to himself unless somebody else interpreted that tongue for him to understand.

My lack? I have perfectionist tendencies, and that means I often stall in prayer because I can't articulate properly what I need to. Speaking in tongues liberates me from that.

Do ponder the question that every believer goes through that and yet not every one prays in tongues so why believe you need it when this was written that the Father knows before we ask anything in prayer? Matthew 6:7-8 KJV

Bless you

Thanks, Brother. May God cause the increase in the knowledge of Him in keeping the faith which is the good fight.

Loyal
I believe God would help us to know the counterfeit easily by noting how that supernatural tongue that was in the world before Pentecost that was just vain & profane babbling nonsense which can never be interpreted whereas when God's gift of tongues came at Pentecost, it was and still is of other men's lips to speak unto the people so that foreigners understand it in the mission field and why His tongues will come with interpretation in the assembly.

God would never mimic the supernatural tongue in the world which is why His gift of tongues will always comes with interpretation as it was never meant to be used privately when Paul testified that the tongue is unfruitful to himself unless somebody else interpreted that tongue for him to understand.

Do ponder the question that every believer goes through that and yet not every one prays in tongues so why believe you need it when this was written that the Father knows before we ask anything in prayer? Matthew 6:7-8 KJV

Thanks, Brother. May God cause the increase in the knowledge of Him in keeping the faith which is the good fight.
Thank you. I think we may have got to the point where we know that neither of us is going to convince the other to our point of view.

I don't believe that I have fundamentally misusing God's gift, but this discussion has been helpful to me in seeing another point of view.

Peace and blessings to you.

Active
Thank you. I think we may have got to the point where we know that neither of us is going to convince the other to our point of view.

Well, I was hoping you would confer with Him at that throne of grace for confirmation or reproof rather than look to me to convince you. We are to prove all things by Him, but I leave that to you on whether or not to confer with Him on this matter.

1 Thessalonians 5:21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. 22 Abstain from all appearance of evil. 23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 24 Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it. 25 Brethren, pray for us.

I don't believe that I have fundamentally misusing God's gift, but this discussion has been helpful to me in seeing another point of view.

I do thank you for your participation, but I am wondering outside of this topic of my concern, if you have any advise to tongue speakers that have family members that suffered in their walk with the Lord as your sister has? Or maybe you would prefer to start a thread on that instead?

Peace and blessings to you.

Thank you.

Active

Hekuran has walked away from the discussion and is free to not participate any more, but I had a dream that told me that what I write will cause a unfavorable response even though I was convinced that the Lord did not want me to post any more on the subject because of the sudden lack of response and 4 members liking Hekuran's last reply, but moreso by the two reference in scripture about the prophecies in these latter days which I was about to post in another thread in asking the question whether I should even bother or not, until a pop up from Microsoft once again warned me about a virus to con me into calling, and then I was no longer online. The dream told me that another and not the Lord, was doing this.

It is 4:33 AM now, and so I am led to write this.

In relation to the topic, he had shared what had happened to his sister. Each reader has to determine if God would ever use His gift of tongues that would ever produce the fruit of causing someone to stumble as his sister had done, even by unwise and unhelpful pressure.

Romans 14:21 It is good neither to eat flesh, nor to drink wine, nor any thing whereby thy brother stumbleth, or is offended, or is made weak. 22 Hast thou faith? have it to thyself before God. Happy is he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he alloweth.

Surely the Lord saw her desire even if it was under unwise and unhelpful pressure. This reference comes to mind.

Romans 8:31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? 32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

Thanks to Hekruan's testimony, I bring what had happened to his sister to again draw the attention to the topic of why God interjected the love chapter in between 12 and 14 which it was in relations to tongues.

I would also like to point out that in a way, Hekuran being grateful for what he claims that tongues for private use makes up for his lack is something every believer goes through and so it does pose the obvious question to God; "why him and not me?" to any one reading his reply.

Tongues with interpretation is an example of God's love in action.

Tongues without interpretation is not God's love in action; not even towards the tongue speaker when they do not know what that tongue is doing for private use as claimed by many tongue speakers which includes the assumed means by the Holy Spirit to utter His intercessions. The scripture John 16:13 in any modern Bible testifies that the Holy Spirit cannot speak for Himself but can only speak what He hears so that He cannot use tongues to utter His own intercessions to God the Father. In the correct translation in respect to all the words in Greek, the Holy Spirit cannot utter His groanings ( Romans 8:26 KJV )

Now as much as offensive that can be seen as, scripture reproves it and not only exposes that God would not use tongues for private use to cause division like that at all nor to cause one to stumble.

Indeed, the Catholic Charismatic Churches speak in tongues and for all that time, God never reproved it with interpretation of doing the works of catholicism? Just as He did not reprove Hekuarn's church in his teenage years for unwise and unhelpful pressure on his sister?

Tongues for private use would be either evidence for lack of God's love towards the body of believers and going against His own words or tongues for private use was never His gift of tongues for why it is producing an evil fruit.

Matthew 7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. 16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? 17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. 19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. 20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Tongues for private use is ecumenical in nature. It is seen across the world in other religions, idol worships, the occult, and not just cults in christianity

Defining Evidence on Supernatural Tongue Before Pentecost

It may be the means for which the one world church may come about by in the great tribulation, but whatever the future event holds, 1 Timothy 4:1-2 KJV proves that this is happening now as Jesus was warning the church about this ( Matthew 7:15-20 KJV ), and how other supposed miracles can come by seeking to receive the Holy Spirit apart from salvation after a sign ( Matthew 7:21-23 KJV ) wherein believers do fall down in ( Matthew 7:24-27 KJV ) even when seeking tongues for private use as a sign.

Proverbs 25:26 A righteous man falling down before the wicked is as a troubled fountain, and a corrupt spring. 27 It is not good to eat much honey: so for men to search their own glory is not glory. 28 He that hath no rule over his own spirit is like a city that is broken down, and without walls.

Matthew 12:39But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas:

1 Timothy 4:1Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; 2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

The departure from the faith is the departure from the traditions taught of us.

2 Thessalonians 2:13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth: 14 Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. 15 Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.

That departure is usually done by preaching this by which many has gained tongues for private use by which is believing they can receive the Holy Spirit apart from salvation after a sign of tongues.

2 Corinthians 11:3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. 4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

It is divisive, but it is Christ's love towards Hekuran's sister that I write to prevent what had happened to her from happening to any one else. Tongue speakers will cling to that which sets them apart from the rest of us, but this is for those whom have gone astray in their faith in Him because they did not receive tongues for private use and I hope in Him to prevent any reader that is questioning whether or not to seek to receive tongues for private use, to not even bother.

Hekuran has nothing to offer in a way of advise in another thread of his own to prevent what had happened to his sister from happening to any one else and I believe it is because there is no way that he can.

So the only way I believe it can be prevented is for each reader to make his or her own determination with the Lord, whether or not God's love is seen in tongues for private use to even consider it as God's gift of tongues at all.

And by the Lord's help, you may find that it also involves keeping the faith in Jesus Christ which is the good fight.