• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Tribulation Outtakes

Active
Rev 1:1 . .The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his
servants-- things which must shortly take place. And he sent and signified it by His
angel etc, etc.

The Greek word translated "shortly" tells us that the events depicted in the book of
Revelation will be completed within a relatively brief space of time.

The Greek word translated "signified" basically refers to indications: in this case, I'd
say they can be safely understood as a series of red flags. In other words: nobody
knows the exact day nor hour of Jesus' return to rule the world, but the events
depicted in the book of Revelation will serve as early warnings to alert folks that the
time has come-- sort of like the act-by-act synopses used by folks interested in
operas like La Bohème, Hamlet, Madam Butterfly, Porgy and Bess, South Pacific,
and Don Giovanni.

If folks stuck in the tribulation era use Revelation like that; they'll have a pretty
good idea when to expect Jesus' arrival; and begin preparing themselves for it.
_

Active
Rev 6:5 . . And when He broke the third seal, I heard the third living creature
saying: Come! And I looked, and behold, a black horse; and he who sat on it had a
pair of scales in his hand.

Scales (a.k.a. balances) were mechanical devices used in the application of
commercial weights and measures. Modern electronic scales are quite a bit more
sophisticated.

The black horse in this case indicates hunger. (compare the pale horse's
assignment in Rev 6:8)

Rev 6:6a . . And I heard as it were a voice in the center of the four living
creatures saying: A measure of wheat for a denarius, and three measures of of
barley for a denarius;

The Greek word translated "measure" is roughly equal to 1.09 liters or 2.3 US pints.
The denarius is widely assumed to have been equivalent to a day's pay for soldiers
and/or laborers.

It's a pretty good guess that what we're looking at is hand-to-mouth existence due
to inflationary pricing caused by the simple fact that there just won't be enough to
go around; for example:

"When I cut off your supply of bread, ten women will be able to bake your bread in
one oven, and they will dole out the bread by weight. You will eat, but you will not
be satisfied." (Lev 26:26)

Rev 6:6b . . do not damage the oil and the wine!

Oil made from olives was common in just about everybody's kitchen and served as
a shortening. (cf. 1Kngs 17:8-12) Wine was a common first aid treatment, likely
due to its alcohol content (e.g. Luke 10:34) and also useful as a sedative (Prov
31:6-7)

NOTE: The oil used in Luke 10:34 was likely an essential oil rather than olive, e.g.

Myrrh, Clove, and/or Frankincense.
_

Active
Rev 6:7-8 . .When the Lamb opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the
fourth living creature say: Come!

. . . I looked, and there before me was a pale horse. Its rider was named Death,
and hades was following close behind him. They were given power over a fourth of
the earth to kill by sword, famine and plague, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

* The lethal sources listed are common throughout the world today; but never have
they harvested so many souls as they will in the future. For example:

The current global population is roughly +/- 7,992,868,500 souls. By the time Mr.
Death finished his work, something like 1.998 billion of those people would be
rubbed out by war, hunger, disease, and the animal kingdom; which consists of a
fair number of poisonous species along with toxic critters like vampire bats and
mosquitoes.

* In perspective: 1.998 billion people adds up to nearly 6x the USA's current
population.

We don't usually notice someone's passing unless they're famous or one of our
friends, associates, and relatives. Well; when Mr. Death goes to work, the dead will
be all around and impossible to overlook. I rather suspect funeral homes will be
overwhelmed; if open for business at all.

And ER? Well, it's Mr. Death's intention that people die rather than survive, so I
should think that any and all medical attention the hospitals are able to provide will
be quite ineffective, viz: they'll likely serve as morgues instead of treatment
centers.
_

Active
Rev 6:12 . . I watched as he opened the sixth seal. There was a great
earthquake. The sun turned black like sackcloth made of goat hair, the whole moon
turned blood red

Astronomically, that depicts a solar eclipse and a lunar eclipse simultaneously;
which nature by itself cannot produce due to specific alignment requirements.

Rev 6:13 . . and the stars in the sky fell to earth, as late figs drop from a fig tree
when shaken by a strong wind.

Those will likely be shooting stars (a.k.a. meteors) and possibly asteroids too,
rather than solar bodies like Polaris, Sirius, Betelgeuse, and/or Rigel which would
cause impacts that the Earth simply cannot accommodate due to its Lilliputian size
compared to the mass of those kinds of celestial objects. Many of the stars seen in
the sky are quite a bit larger than the Sun; whose diameter is 109x and its volume
1,300,000x the Earth's.

Rev 6:14a . .The sky receded like a scroll, rolling up

Whether that pertains to the entire cosmos or limited to the Earth's atmosphere is
uncertain, although it does seem a preview of Rev 20:11.

Rev 6:14b . . and every mountain and island was removed from its place.

No doubt previous centuries of theologians were curious about that prediction, but
thanks to the relatively new science of plate tectonics, we now know that the
movement of mountains and islands has been occurring all along; just not as
noticeable as the shuffle depicted by Rev 16:14b.

Anyway, those events will quite naturally cause a world-wide panic.

Rev 6:15-17 . . .Then the kings of the earth, the princes, the generals, the rich,
the mighty, and every slave and every free man hid in caves and among the rocks
of the mountains. They called to the mountains and the rocks: Fall on us and hide
us from the face of him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb! For
the great day of their wrath has come, and who can stand?
_

Loyal
Rev 6:12 . . I watched as he opened the sixth seal. There was a great
earthquake. The sun turned black like sackcloth made of goat hair, the whole moon
turned blood red

Astronomically, that depicts a solar eclipse and a lunar eclipse simultaneously;
which nature by itself cannot produce due to specific alignment requirements.

Rev 6:13 . . and the stars in the sky fell to earth, as late figs drop from a fig tree
when shaken by a strong wind.

Those will likely be shooting stars (a.k.a. meteors) and possibly asteroids too,
rather than solar bodies like Polaris, Sirius, Betelgeuse, and/or Rigel which would
cause impacts that the Earth simply cannot accommodate due to its Lilliputian size
compared to the mass of those kinds of celestial objects. Many of the stars seen in
the sky are quite a bit larger than the Sun; whose diameter is 109x and its volume
1,300,000x the Earth's.

Rev 6:14a . .The sky receded like a scroll, rolling up

Whether that pertains to the entire cosmos or limited to the Earth's atmosphere is
uncertain, although it does seem a preview of Rev 20:11.

Rev 6:14b . . and every mountain and island was removed from its place.

No doubt previous centuries of theologians were curious about that prediction, but
thanks to the relatively new science of plate tectonics, we now know that the
movement of mountains and islands has been occurring all along; just not as
noticeable as the shuffle depicted by Rev 16:14b.

Anyway, those events will quite naturally cause a world-wide panic.

Rev 6:15-17 . . .Then the kings of the earth, the princes, the generals, the rich,
the mighty, and every slave and every free man hid in caves and among the rocks
of the mountains. They called to the mountains and the rocks: Fall on us and hide
us from the face of him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb! For
the great day of their wrath has come, and who can stand?
_
If you take a look at the very last line of the six seal, you will notice that the people are screaming out run and hide for the great day of the Lord is here. The thing that really catches my attention is not the fact that it is the six seal nor the fact that it is the great day of the Lord. The thing that really catches my attention is that the other five seals have been broken already and nobody noticed. It's not until the 6th seal takes place that people actually pay attention and notice what's going on.

Active
Rev 8:7 . .The first angel sounded his trumpet, and there came hail and fire
mixed with blood, and it was hurled down upon the earth. A third of the earth was
burned up, a third of the trees were burned up, and all the green grass was burned
up.

There's quite a bit of destruction depicted in that verse; and I suspect it's all aimed
at agriculture.

First a portion of the soil's organic material is destroyed which will greatly impact its
fertility.

Next a portion of the trees are destroyed so that foods derived from trees— e.g.
nuts, and fruits— will become in short supply.

And finally all the green grass; which is translated from words that suggest crops
will be just starting to mature and produce grain, e.g. corn, beans, wheat, spelt,
barley, oats, and rice; et al.

* Rice is a staple food for over ½ of the world's human population, particularly in
Asia and Africa.

NOTE: Although crops will be burned, they'll bounce back. (Rev 9:1-4)

Anyway, when the availability of food stuffs is limited; demand exceeds supply; and
with that prices go up.
_

Active
Rev 13:4 . . And they worshipped the Dragon which gave power unto the Beast:
and they worshipped the Beast, saying: Who is like unto the Beast? Who is able to
make war with him?

* The Dragon is identified at Rev 12:9 as the Serpent, the Devil, and Satan; so
there can be no doubt who this creature really is. (cf. Rev 20:2)

It's quite possible that the people of that day will honestly believe the Beast is
empowered by a divine being; and unaware they are actually giving glory to a
demonic being instead. For example:

2Thess 2:9-12 . . .This evil man will come to do the work of Satan with
counterfeit power and signs and miracles. He will use every kind of wicked
deception to fool those who are on their way to destruction because they refuse to
believe the truth that would save them. So God will send great deception upon
them, and they will believe all these lies.

Worship of the Beast will be universal, mandatory, and strictly enforced regardless
of age, race, gender, and/or ethnic identity-- a one-world mega religion that blows
all others out of the water, e.g. Islam, Mormonism, Hinduism, Christianity, Judaism,
Baha'i, Buddhism, etc.
_

Loyal
Rev 13:4 . . And they worshipped the Dragon which gave power unto the Beast:
and they worshipped the Beast, saying: Who is like unto the Beast? Who is able to
make war with him?

* The Dragon is identified at Rev 12:9 as the Serpent, the Devil, and Satan; so
there can be no doubt who this creature really is. (cf. Rev 20:2)

It's quite possible that the people of that day will honestly believe the Beast is
empowered by a divine being; and unaware they are actually giving glory to a
demonic being instead. For example:

2Thess 2:9-12 . . .This evil man will come to do the work of Satan with
counterfeit power and signs and miracles. He will use every kind of wicked
deception to fool those who are on their way to destruction because they refuse to
believe the truth that would save them. So God will send great deception upon
them, and they will believe all these lies.

Worship of the Beast will be universal, mandatory, and strictly enforced regardless
of age, race, gender, and/or ethnic identity-- a one-world mega religion that blows
all others out of the water, e.g. Islam, Mormonism, Hinduism, Christianity, Judaism,
Baha'i, Buddhism, etc.
_
"Worship of the Beast will be universal, mandatory, and strictly enforced regardless
of age, race, gender, and/or ethnic identity"

May be strictly enforced, but my partner and i will be exemt. LOL .
Rev 11:5

"If anyone tries to harm them"

Now you Know who it is who is speaking to you.

Loyal
"Worship of the Beast will be universal, mandatory, and strictly enforced regardless
of age, race, gender, and/or ethnic identity"

May be strictly enforced, but my partner and i will be exemt. LOL .
Rev 11:5

"If anyone tries to harm them"

Now you Know who it is who is speaking to you.
@Bill You are claiming to be one of the two witnesses described in the book of Revelation chapter 11.

Active
Rev 13:5a . . And there was given unto the Beast a mouth speaking great things

That's pretty much describes the rhetoric of most every politician, viz: promises of
a better world under the auspices of their own administrative practices.

Rev 13:5b . . and blasphemies

In this scenario, the Beast is God's political opponent, no doubt scoffing at the
notion of Christ's return to rule the world.

Well political opponents in today's world make it their mission in life to destroy the
other guy's reputation and call into question his motives. I suspect the Beast's
tactics will be no different because it's to his advantage to emphasize the old God's
perceived faults and failures and show how himself as the new God who can do a
much better job managing the world's affairs.

"He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is
worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God's temple, proclaiming himself to be
God." (2Thess 2:3-4)

NOTE: I would imagine that a first order of business for the Beast will be to come

up with a plausible explanation for the world-wide extraction described by 1Thess
4:13-18 wherein nigh unto 2,000 years of deceased Christians will appear out of
thin air all over the globe and join those alive to go up and rendezvous with Christ
in the clouds.
_

Active
Rev 13:5c . . and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.

Prophetic months aren't the same as calendar months. Prophetic months are thirty
days each; so that forty-two such months add up to 1,260 days, i.e. 3½ prophetic
years, e.g. Rev 11:2 & Rev 12:6

Prophetic months are sort of like a baker's dozen. Though a baker's dozen isn't a
dozen of twelve; it's nonetheless a dozen in its own right: the same with mean
solar time vs sidereal time, and true north vs magnetic north.

* Scripture introduces prophetic months in Genesis relative to the Flood where a
period of five months adds up to exactly 150 days.
_

Active
The tribulation concerns Israel,hence Jacobs Trouble. The Church is no where mentioned.
Also,the first seal is Christ sending the Comforter he promised,"not many days hence".
From passover to Pentecost was 50 days. Scripture clearly states he spent 40 days with disciples. When he acsended 10 days later he sent the Comforter. By reading 5th chapter of rev. I dont see the first thing he did after ascension was send antichrist.

Loyal
The tribulation concerns Israel,hence Jacobs Trouble. The Church is no where mentioned.
Also,the first seal is Christ sending the Comforter he promised,"not many days hence".
From passover to Pentecost was 50 days. Scripture clearly states he spent 40 days with disciples. When he acsended 10 days later he sent the Comforter. By reading 5th chapter of rev. I dont see the first thing he did after ascension was send antichrist.
Lol ha ha ha ha HA HA HA HA H ha HA HA HA HA

believe as you wish

We will still all walk through the tribulation.. there is nothing to stop it now.

Active
Lol ha ha ha ha HA HA HA HA H ha HA HA HA HA

believe as you wish

We will still all walk through the tribulation.. there is nothing to stop it now.

Well for my part i hope you will be walking by yourself

Loyal
How long you planning on living?
I will leave in rapture if alive at the time.
The rapture will not take place as so many believe. Indeed, the rapture has become the Christians god.

What purpose to God does the rapture serve. Are the church members greater than His Son? Do they think that they can escape suffering while thier Lord suffered and died for all?

What part of being a Christian calls us not to be as Jesus. For Jesus himself said, "pick up your cross and follow me"

Active
The rapture will not take place as so many believe. Indeed, the rapture has become the Christians god.

What purpose to God does the rapture serve. Are the church members greater than His Son? Do they think that they can escape suffering while thier Lord suffered and died for all?

What part of being a Christian calls us not to be as Jesus. For Jesus himself said, "pick up your cross and follow me"

That cross we bear is everyday life.