Join Us Today!

Join our non-denominational community with 10,000+ members and more than 50,000 monthly visitors today. Engage in bible discussions, studies, prayer support and friendly fellowship.

1. Prayer Requests

Facing Our Loneliness

Everyone has lonely moments in life, but when loneliness begins to define our lives, it causes serious problems. We compromise our principles to try to fill the emotional emptiness. We choose behavior that harms our health, relationships, and finances. The consequences can be devastating. Learn how God desires to fulfill every longing you have for meaningful connection.

View This Discussion

Dismiss Notice
  2. Featured Thread

There is a lot of noise, lots of "religions" and beliefs out there to confuse anyone. But, Jesus is real. He loves you, He's ready to forgive you for all your sins and make your heart His dwelling place. Read about God's characteristics and attributes and get to know the real Jesus today.

How do I accept Jesus as my Savior?
    How To Be Friends With God
    Why believe in Christianity?
    The Attributes of God

View the Seeking Jesus forum

Dismiss Notice

What are your views on Disney?

Discussion in 'Polls' started by Fragrant Grace, Jun 14, 2013.

?

Disney is

1. evil and should be boycotted

11 vote(s)
    45.8%
  2. harmless family entertainment

10 vote(s)
    41.7%
  3. no opinion

3 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. Yes I agree @Mir

The world is spiralling downwards at a rapid rate.

A few local things in the tiny area of this planet where I live that have worried/saddened me

One of our local 'Christian Schools' put on a production of Harry Potter.

The musicians at a Christian Fellowship Church I occasionally attend was absent for weeks on end as they were all in the cast of the musical show Pippin (which has many sexual inuendos)

There is such a growing apathy towards the truth.

Who will rise up for me against the evildoers? or who will stand up for me against the workers of iniquity?
    Psalm 94:16

Mir likes this.
  2. Blame pastors, ok, but each Christian also has to blame themselves...Its not a pastors responsibility to carry a Christian into a personal relationship with Father...That's up to each person...We each have responsibility...A pastor is a coach not a carrier. If you get off the line, that's your doing. If you get deceived it's because you do not spend enough time in the Word so you can see the counterfeit. We cannot trust our salvation or anything else to a man who is as full of holes as we are, no matter how well intentioned he is. He WILL make mistakes. You get up! You get into the Word, you seek out Fathers stand on everything you encounter..Every thought that enters into your pretty little heads must be measured against the Word...That's your responsibility, not the pastors. When you stand before Father is He going to say "Well done" Or is He going to say "You followed the wrong shepherd. You could have been so much more"
    What I'm saying is that you have to take responsibility for your own decisions, attitudes, and actions...Don't throw them onto your pastors
    If the church is lukewarm You do your part to wake it up...You stand up and praise, you stand against the enemy, not just in the 'Christian polls' but in every word and action you put out. You be the kind of Christian that you believe Christians should be.

Fragrant Grace likes this.
  3. We (The Revival Fellowship) separate ourselves from mainstream wishy-washy liberal social action humanistic denominations that no longer uphold the truth and
    sanctity of the Word of God. We preach against the deceptive nature of popular culture and promote good Christian parenting. We work with our young people
    and encourage them to exercise discernment in regards to movies and TV, the internet, lifestyle choices, etc...

Despite our best efforts at teaching young and old alike to keep their eyes on the end prize - the salvation of their souls - many many saints who should know
    better, and many youngies fall away and embrace worldly living. The enemy is omnipresent and very tantalising.

Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
    For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
    1John 2:15-16

world > Thayer's Greek Dictionary > G2889 > 7a) the whole circle of earthly goods, endowments riches, advantages, pleasures, etc,
    which although hollow and frail and fleeting, stir desire, seduce from God and are obstacles to the cause of Christ.

Mir likes this.
  4. Wow Grace! I'm so glad for this forum to see that I'm not alone in this fight against apathy in the church. Your shared scenario is being played out all over our nation with many churches, christian schools & colleges giving sway to the world, as they stay silent and do not address the saints on what it is to be separate from the world and sanctified. I remember myself being a new Christian just broken away from witchcraft & new age to a new life in Christ and the youth group at church never taught on these issues by the youth Pastor or the Pastor of the church, practically everyone in our group was having relations outside of marriage (including our married youth Pastor...he later had to resign). Forward to me having 3 sons, my middle child Holy Ghost filled, is assigned a room at a Christian College w/ a young man studying to become a Pastor (ex-bartender) teaches my son how to make alcoholic drinks and my son graduates drinking and smoking cigars as he never did so before attending....he states he no longer prays in tongues, as he was taught in this non-denominational Christian college that praying in tongues is not for today. He met his wife at this college who graduates as a youth pastor and is a devout Harry Potter & Pokemon fan to this day (no matter what I have shared w/ her)... cause their Pastor at their church (a major denomination) allows for Pokemon go in the church as a reaching out ministry tool...that to me is akin to allowing for witchcraft as a reaching out tool for the church. Rarely hear teaching on II Cor. 6:14-18.

5. The parable of the sower and the seed - 3 out of 4 hearers do not fall into good ground, and bring forth fruit, some an hundredfold,
    some sixtyfold, some thirtyfold. Matthew 13:8
    You cannot love the world and worldly doctrines and love our Lord at the same time. One cannot serve two masters.
    That is why in the gospels and the epistles there is such a strong emphasis on preaching separateness, holiness, denying self-will,
    denying deceiving doctrines and the teachings of men over the truth of the scriptures.

Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
    For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against
    her mother in law.
    And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.
    He that loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.
    And he that takes not his cross, and follows after me, is not worthy of me.
    He that finds his life shall lose it: and he that loses his life for my sake shall find it.
    Mathew 10:34-39

It is mainstream and evangelical denominations that put so much time and effort into denying the latter rain and the truth of the
    original Apostolic gospel once delivered unto the saints.
    And yet we prove them all wrong because Mark 16:15-20 is still alive and valid today.

Mir likes this.

6. The Word of God is so powerful and cuts right to my heart! I am being blessed with your ministering spirit, and I appreciate it immensely!

Waggles likes this.
  7. That is so sad and shocking @Mir you must be heartbroken regarding your son.

Disney moulds childrens hearts and minds

Candy coated evil

This video says Christians but should include everyone

Marek likes this.
  8. Wow...I didn't know that Video existed..thanks for sharing Grace!
    Yes my heart is heartbroken, especially for my grand babies being exposed
    to all this, even though they all attend church regularly. I'll have to remember
    your quote "Candy Coated Evil" describes all this perfectly!