Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Why did God Kill So Many Innocent People In The Book Of Joshua.

These 'innocent' people were in no way innocent...They were not even completely human...Most were hybrids, many were giants..In fact there were thirty six tribes of giants lining in the area around the Hebrew people at the time...these include;

Amalekites Amorites Anakims Ashdothites Avium Avites Canaanites Caphtorims Ekronites Emins Eshkalonites Gazathites Geshurites Gibeonites Giblites Girgashites Gittites Hittites Hivites Horims Horites Jebusites Kadmonites Kenites Maachathites Manassites Nephilim * Perizzites Philistines Rephaims Sidonians Zamzummins Zebusites Zuzims Kenizzites Maachathites
These giants were apparently the original giants spawned by the Gregori, the giant angels who mated with human females.
When God commanded that all those people be wiped out He was not killing innocents but 'people' dedicated to total evil...Satanic criptids if you will.
Very accurate post my friend, thank you. It's my Grandson who calls them innocent, he's not saved....yet.

Yes He did but He never said to kill humans....Only the fallen ones.

God is love and love does not demand it's own way.

Love slays wickedness the same way light slays dark.
Light does not comprehend the dark,when it looks it only sees light.
Light would say"where is this darkness you speak of everywhere I go I see light only".
Wickedness or evil is an idea that there could be another will more powerful than God,or love.
Love does not see evil,it sees a cry for love that only love can correct.
Light is a thing and darkness is not.Darkness is the lack of a thing.
Love is a thing and evil is is not.Evil is the lack of a thing

Since love does not demand it's own way it just waits for the unsustainable to finish it's tantrum.
We overcome evil with good in the same way that light displaces darkness.
The sin of this world is nothing more than the lack of God's love.
Perfect love casts out all fear and with fear goes any need for attack.

God does not need to kill that which never was real to begin with.
Evil is man's dream not God's.

God is love and love does not demand it's own way.

Love slays wickedness the same way light slays dark.
Light does not comprehend the dark,when it looks it only sees light.
Light would say"where is this darkness you speak of everywhere I go I see light only".
Wickedness or evil is an idea that there could be another will more powerful than God,or love.
Love does not see evil,it sees a cry for love that only love can correct.
Light is a thing and darkness is not.Darkness is the lack of a thing.
Love is a thing and evil is is not.Evil is the lack of a thing

Since love does not demand it's own way it just waits for the unsustainable to finish it's tantrum.
We overcome evil with good in the same way that light displaces darkness.
The sin of this world is nothing more than the lack of God's love.
Perfect love casts out all fear and with fear goes any need for attack.

God does not need to kill that which never was real to begin with.
Evil is man's dream not God's.

Its obvious that you do not understand this issue. What I said does fly in the face of popular church teaching. So your misunderstanding is understandable. LOL

Its obvious that you do not understand this issue. What I said does fly in the face of popular church teaching. So your misunderstanding is understandable.

I'm not sure what issue you are referring to.
In my understanding God does not disobey his own nature.

Hear what Jesus says about the issue I was referring to:
Luke 6:27 But I say to you who hear, love your enemies, do good to those who hate you,
Luke 6:28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.…

Luke 6:35 But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked.

The old testament does tend to give us the idea that God kills but Jesus sheds light on why that seems to be:
John 10:8 All who came before me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not listen to them.

It is my understanding that Jesus who is the truth told us the truth.
So perhaps the writers of the old testament did not fully understand the nature of God.
Jesus revealed that God is love.

1 Corinthians 13:4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
1 Corinthians 13:5 It does not dishonor others, It does not demand it's own way,it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
1 Corinthians 13:6 does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth;
1 Corinthians 13:7 bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

So in my understanding God is not a killer.

I'm not sure what issue you are referring to.
In my understanding God does not disobey his own nature.

Hear what Jesus says about the issue I was referring to:
Luke 6:27 But I say to you who hear, love your enemies, do good to those who hate you,
Luke 6:28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.…
Luke 6:35 But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked.

The old testament does tend to give us the idea that God kills but Jesus sheds light on why that seems to be:
John 10:8 All who came before me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not listen to them.

It is my understanding that Jesus who is the truth told us the truth.
So perhaps the writers of the old testament did not fully understand the nature of God.
Jesus revealed that God is love.

1 Corinthians 13:4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
1 Corinthians 13:5 It does not dishonor others, It does not demand it's own way,it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
1 Corinthians 13:6 does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth;
1 Corinthians 13:7 bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

So in my understanding God is not a killer.
In your understanding God is not a killer, and you would be right. God does not wantonly kill....You are disturbed about the fact that God commanded all those so called innocents killed...You miss the fact that God flooded the Earth and killed every living thing on Earth save the ones on the ark...and possibly fish who seem to like water. So now we need the why of the flood as well...not to mention the time where the Israelites chose to go ******* (Oh look! censoring...Should I have said 'Spiritual Adultery?) after those demon gods and God told them to choose..Whoever chose to follow God stand on this side of the line, the rest stand over there..The ones who chose to stand against God died on the spot as the Earth opened up and swallowed them...
Yet God does not wantonly kill...It is true...
Doctors do not commonly cut off limbs from people, they try to save them, but sometimes it is necessary to remove a leg to preserve the patients life. The people who chose to follow demon gods could have polluted the rest and destroyed the people of God... Here God did destroy humans..and I'm sure He was not happy about it...They chose to follow their demon gods and got the reward of their demon gods....In the case of the flood though, and the case of the people God ordered destroyed....not human but a cancer growing in the land God gave to His people who would have caused endless trouble that would have lasted until today...

Do you think that the people who choose to follow Satan will simply go off somewhere to Satans resort and not pay the price of Satans other followers...They will be destroyed too...Humans and all... Because of Love.

Is God a killer... hmmm... Who killed the people in Sodom and Gomorrah?
Who killed Ananias and Sapphira? (Acts 5; )
Who killed the Egyptian army chasing the Israelites across the Red Sea?

I think people think God's "love" is more important than His holiness. Yet I don't see this scripture.

We can argue semantics, about is it God... or is He simply allowing Satan to do these things?

A man named Job had seven sons and three daughters, and he had "very many" servants.
Satan was allowed to kill Job's sons and daughters, and their servants... in order to test Job.
(Job 1:13-19; )
It seems the only part of Job's family that wasn't killed was his wife.

Some ask why God would allow these "innocent" family members who weren't even being tested
to be killed by Satan.

Some would ask how God could allow His only Son to be crucified? Sometimes, things happen
for the "greater good". For God's purpose and for His glory.

If we start questioning God's goodness and holiness then everything unravels.

I think people think God's "love" is more important than His holiness. Yet I don't see this scripture.
God is love.
How important is that?

Jesus said all who came before him were thieves and robbers but the sheep did not listen to them.
Jesus said God "IS" love.

Everything said about what God is or what he did before Jesus was told to us by liars and thieves.
You can take this up with Jesus,I simply believe him.
The flood was the earth itself responding to imbalance.
A liar told you God did it.
Who killed Ananias and Sapphira? (Acts 5; ).Their own fear killed them.
Love would know that.His sheep know the difference.

In your understanding God is not a killer
I agree

If the Bible is a liar, then I guess a liar told me.

Gen 6:6; The Lord was sorry that He had made man on the earth, and He was grieved in His heart.
Gen 6:7; The Lord said, “I will blot out man whom I have created from the face of the land, from man to animals to creeping things and to birds of the sky; for I am sorry that I have made them.”

Gen 6:11; Now the earth was corrupt in the sight of God, and the earth was filled with violence.
Gen 6:12; God looked on the earth, and behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted their way upon the earth.
Gen 6:13; Then God said to Noah, “The end of all flesh has come before Me; for the earth is filled with violence because of them; and behold, I am about to destroy them with the earth.

Gen 19:24; Then the Lord rained upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the Lord out of heaven;
Gen 19:25; And he overthrew those cities, and all the plain, and all the inhabitants of the cities, and that which grew upon the ground.

What is your interpretation of Jesus's statement that all who came before him were thieves and liars but the sheep did not listen to them.

In one thread you are telling we are all saved, we are all sheep.
In the other thread you are telling me "only those who know His voice" are really sheep.

In one thread you are telling we are all saved, we are all sheep.
In the other thread you are telling me "only those who know His voice" are really sheep.
Is that your interpretation of what Jesus said or what I think or what you think or what you think I think?

I was interested in what you think that Jesus meant.

I didn't say anything about knowing his voice.

Jesus said all who came before him were thieves and robbers but the sheep did not listen to them.
Jesus said God "IS" love.

Everything said about what God is or what he did before Jesus was told to us by liars and thieves.
You can take this up with Jesus,I simply believe him.
Who killed Ananias and Sapphira? (Acts 5; ).Their own fear killed them.
Love would know that.His sheep know the difference .

Jesus isn't talking about the sheep here. He is not saying all the sheep (people of the earth)
were thieves and liars before I came. He is saying there are others who claim to be shepherds.

Johnj 10:1; “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who does not enter by the door into the fold of the sheep, but climbs up some other way, he is a thief and a robber.
John 10:2; But he who enters by the door is a shepherd of the sheep.

John 10:7; So Jesus said to them again, “Truly, truly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep.
John 10:8; All who came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.

John 10:9; I am the door; if anyone enters through Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.
John 10:10; The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.

Baal is not a good shepherd, Athena is not a good shepherd, the golden calf is not a good shepherd,
the gods of Egypt is not a good shepherd, they who came before Jesus (pretending to be shepherds)
are thieves and liars.

Jesus isn't talking about the sheep here. He is not saying all the sheep (people of the earth)
were thieves and liars before I came. He is saying there are others who claim to be shepherds.
Jesus said "all" who came before him.
Adam
Noah
Abraham
Moses
Elijah

"all"

Pray about that and research,I wouldn't want you to take my word for it.

John 10:1; “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who does not enter by the door into the fold of the sheep, but climbs up some other way, he is a thief and a robber.
John 10:2; But he who enters by the door is a shepherd of the sheep.

He is not talking about sheep here. He is talking about the shepherd of the sheep.

John 10:3; To him the doorkeeper opens, and the sheep hear his voice, and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out.

The sheep aren't paying sattention to the voices of the other sheep, they are paying attention to "His" voice.

John 10:4; When he puts forth all his own, he goes ahead of them, and the sheep follow him because they know his voice.
John 10:5; A stranger they simply will not follow, but will flee from him, because they do not know the voice of strangers.”
John 10:6; This figure of speech Jesus spoke to them, but they did not understand what those things were which He had been saying to them.

One sheep does not out ahead of the other sheep to lead them. Jesus is the leader. Jesus is the
good-shepherd. The sheep follow Him.

John 10:7; So Jesus said to them again, “Truly, truly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep.
John 10:8; All who came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
John 10:9; I am the door; if anyone enters through Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.
John 10:10; The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.

Jesus is the door, He is the gate. Other's tried to be a gate, but they were thieves and robbers.
The sheep did not hear them. It doesn't say they didn't hear the other sheep. It says they didn't
pay attention to the false shepherd.

John 10:11; “I am the good shepherd; the good shepherd lays down His life for the sheep.
John 10:12; He who is a hired hand, and not a shepherd, who is not the owner of the sheep, sees the wolf coming, and leaves the sheep and flees, and the wolf snatches them and scatters them.
John 10:13; He flees because he is a hired hand and is not concerned about the sheep.

Jesus is the good shepherd. He is not a sheep. Those who are just "hired hands" aren't really
shepherds. A hired hand will see a wolf and run away. He doesn't really care about the sheep.

John 10:14; I am the good shepherd, and I know My own and My own know Me,
John 10:15; even as the Father knows Me and I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep.
John 10:16; I have other sheep, which are not of this fold; I must bring them also, and they will hear My voice; and they will become one flock with one shepherd.

Jesus is the good shepherd. He even layed down His life for the sheep. One sheep didn't do this
for the other sheep. The shepherd did it.

In this context it is clear, Jesus isn't talking about the sheep.
When He says "all" who came before me. It is clear he is talking about false shepherds.
"Hired hands". Those who don't really care about the sheep.

Jesus is the door, He is the gate. Other's tried to be a gate, but they were thieves and robbers.
The sheep did not hear them. It doesn't say they didn't hear the other sheep. It says they didn't
pay attention to the false shepherd.
I agree,others tried to be the gate,others like Abraham and Moses.
The entire Jewish law system was just another failed attempt at controlling God.
Only Jesus knew the truth because he is the truth.
Jesus for the first time in the history of the world revealed that God is love.

The old testament says God gave the law to Moses.
The new testament says an Angel gave the law to Moses.
Only one can be the truth and I tend to believe the one who is and was the truth.
When the truth says all,it means all/every.
I have to assume that the Angel who gave those harsh laws and punishments also told people to murder their neighbors and take their stuff.
In order to please God.

The truth revealed that God is love.
Love does not demand it's own way.
Killing is demanding your own way.
God "is" love and love acts a certain way.
A parent who loves takes the blame for his children's actions.
So God takes the blame for everything.
When Job complained about God.God said,"will you kill me to justify yourself".
Well we did.

Check this one out. See what you think.
I would add in one more way that the Giants in the Land came to be. The great flood which destroyed all land creatures save those in the ark, left some in the sea alive, although no doubt, it caused much death in the sea as well. The giants were created by manipulation of pregnancies that were instituted by the fallen angels, and according to the book of Giants and the book of Enoch, animals/beasts were also modified, and no doubt some sea creatures were modified in that. So some modified sea creatures or even mermaids were made, and that could have been the stock for futher manipulation that resulted in the giants in the Land in the book of Joshua.

Back