• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

A major deception that has consumed the churches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Active
I have already answered why Jesus is not God, in MULTIPLE posts.
Does not scripture testify that Jesus had no sin? So regardless of being tempted in the wilderness, He did not sin and therefore the temptations from the devil were not temptations to Him because He did not give in to them and sinned.

As for God Who cannot die, it is prophesied that the Lord will return at the end of the great tribulation when the armies of the world marches unto Jerusalem and the Jews will see the Lord of Whom they had pierced & mourn.

Zechariah 12:9 And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem. 10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

His feet shall touch down on the Mount of Olives.

Zechariah 14:1Behold, the day of the Lord cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee. 2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city. 3 Then shall the Lord go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle. 4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south. 5 And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the Lord my God shall come, and all the saints with thee.

And so heed His words here.

Revelation 1:17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: 18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

If you cannot align these scriptures to your belief, then may the Lord help you prune your beliefs so you can bear more fruit in the knowledge of Him since you are not getting the whole picture when Jesus is God the Son.

Active
Who said Jesus was not tempted?

Hebrews 4:15 KJV For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

Are you not afraid of how God will judge you for twisting the Scriptures to suit your false doctrines over and over?
You are highlighting the wrong part of that verse, brother.

Hebrews 4:15 KJV For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

Active
You are highlighting the wrong part of that verse, brother.

Wow the depths you will go to twist what the scriptures actually say. The devil is then an absolute idiot according to you for even attempting to tempt Jesus.

I wonder though why the devil would attempt to tempt someone who cannot be tempted since he is smart enough to deceive the entire world. You are pretty much insulting him by saying he will do something this foolish.

Sadly, none of the apostles agree with you. Hebrews make it clear Jesus can indeed be tempted and YET was without sin. Otherwise that verse would not use the phrase “YET without sin.” He overcame the temptations and the world. You believe in another Gospel.

Active
“Jesus understands every weakness of ours, because he was tempted in every way that we are. But he did not sin!”

Another translation of Hebrews 4:15

I honestly don’t know what is so unclear about this verse. It says without a shadow of a doubt that Jesus can be tempted and was tempted, yet DESPITE being tempted he did not sin. Yet Godbe4Us will twist that to mean Jesus cannot be tempted. Look at the deception of the antichrist spirit and be warned!

Active
So why does Isaiah say that God is our husband and Savior? Because He is the one who sent Jesus and He worked salvation for us through the man Jesus. Jesus is our Savior and husband, but so much more is God our ultimate Savior and husband because He is the one to raise us from the dead and clothe us with immortality!

1 Corinthians 15:28 Then, when all things are under his authority, the Son will put himself under God’s authority, so that God, who gave his Son authority over all things, will be utterly supreme over everything everywhere.

Since the Son is below the authority of the Father, everything the Son is the Father is!

Active
Other translation of Isaiah 54:5

For he that made thee shall rule over thee, the Lord of hosts is his name: and thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel, shall be called the God of all the earth

This is actually more accurate than the common translations. So Isaiah actually identified TWO persons:

1) the Maker, the one God who will rule over us like a husband
2) the redeemer, the holy one of Israel, the messiah Jesus who will be called God (but is under the authority of the Father who is the only God as apostle Paul said)

Active
Let me emphasise again that just because Jesus is called God does not mean he is to be worshipped as the one true God.

Being called God actually means ruler. Even the devil is called “the god of this age” which means nothing more than being the ruler of this age. When someone is called god/God, it simply means being a RULER.

So don’t believe in the false teachers who say Jesus is to be worshipped as the true living God. According to their heresy, even the devil should be worshipped as God since he is called “the god of this age”.

Active
Wow the depths you will go to twist what the scriptures actually say. The devil is then an absolute idiot according to you for even attempting to tempt Jesus.
Well, is Jesus without sin or what? If He is without sin, hen He did not sin when He was tempted and as you say God cannot be tempted and Jesus wasn't tempted to sin, so there.
I wonder though why the devil would attempt to tempt someone who cannot be tempted since he is smart enough to deceive the entire world. You are pretty much insulting him by saying he will do something this foolish.
The devil is a sore loser since God has already judged him for where he is going, the lake of fire. So pretty much see him as a fool trying to take down as many as he can with him, but since He will lose none of all the Father has given Him, t devil is a fool for trying.
Sadly, none of the apostles agree with you. Hebrews make it clear Jesus can indeed be tempted and YET was without sin. Otherwise that verse would not use the phrase “YET without sin.” He overcame the temptations and the world. You believe in another Gospel.
You keep overlooking the truth that Jesus was without sin therefore did He give in to those temptations? No. So how can you NOT say Jesus was not tempted to sin in spite of the devil trying to tempt Him?

Let's face it. There are some temptations out there that are not tempting to us as believers and there are temptations that are tempting to us for why we need the Father to lead us away from temptations and deliver us from the evil one..

Thanks to Jesus Christ I am not tempted to have sex before marriage, as I do not care for something that many fornicators say it does not mean anything, so why do it? But I have been tempted to seek vengeance when Jesus is telling me not to & is leading me away from it by forgiving them for they know not what they do and reminding me that He did come to save sinners from their sins, and even Christians that have gone astray.

So that is how Jesus is my stay being my Rock & my God. He is doing a good job being my Good Shepherd & Friend. Jesus is at the throne of grace to pray to for help in our times of need; Hebrews 4:12-16 KJV & Jesus answers prayers as only God can .

John 14:1Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.... 6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.... 13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

Nobody else can answers prayers except the Son of God; not Mary, not Peter, nor any of the departed saints because the Father is glorified in the Son answering those prayers as God the Son.

Active
Well, is Jesus without sin or what? If He is without sin, hen He did not sin when He was tempted and as you say God cannot be tempted and Jesus wasn't tempted to sin, so there.

The devil is a sore loser since God has already judged him for where he is going, the lake of fire. So pretty much see him as a fool trying to take down as many as he can with him, but since He will lose none of all the Father has given Him, t devil is a fool for trying.

You keep overlooking the truth that Jesus was without sin therefore did He give in to those temptations? No. So how can you NOT say Jesus was not tempted to sin in spite of the devil trying to tempt Him?

Let's face it. There are some temptations out there that are not tempting to us as believers and there are temptations that are tempting to us for why we need the Father to lead us away from temptations and deliver us from the evil one..

Thanks to Jesus Christ I am not tempted to have sex before marriage, as I do not care for something that many fornicators say it does not mean anything, so why do it? But I have been tempted to seek vengeance when Jesus is telling me not to & is leading me away from it by forgiving them for they know not what they do and reminding me that He did come to save sinners from their sins, and even Christians that have gone astray.

So that is how Jesus is my stay being my Rock & my God. He is doing a good job being my Good Shepherd & Friend. Jesus is at the throne of grace to pray to for help in our times of need; Hebrews 4:12-16 KJV & Jesus answers prayers as only God can .

John 14:1Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.... 6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.... 13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

Nobody else can answers prayers except the Son of God; not Mary, not Peter, nor any of the departed saints because the Father is glorified in the Son answering those prayers as God the Son.

No it is you who is wilfully overlooking the truth. According to you Hebrews 4:15 should be rewritten as Jesus cannot sin rather than Jesus did not sin. Jesus cannot sin is a whole different meaning from Jesus did not sin. Jesus did not sin indicates that he made a choice to not sin and never meant he had no ability to sin. The fact that he is a human being means he can be tempted and can choose to sin. He chose not to and remained sinless.

I suppose you are one of those who believe in the OSAS lie that man cannot stop sinning that is why you suppose Jesus cannot be a mere man.

The devil does not do useless work. If he knew Jesus cannot sin and cannot be tempted he will never have attempted it.

Active
I am growing tired of those who insist on listening to deceiving spirits by denying the humanity of Jesus Christ as apostle John prophesied. First they deny that Jesus is a true mortal human being and thus deny Jesus truly died a mortal death. Then they deny the fact that Jesus is tempted and chose not to sin but instead say he cannot even be tempted. All in all, they simply deny that Jesus was 100% mortal and the spirit they follow is that of the antichrist. When will they stop their falsehood and twisting of the Gospel?

Active
It is you and Godbe4Us who are teaching wrong doctrines. The Father alone is God, and Jesus is His son. They are NOT the same person. The Gospel proves both of you wrong and false teachers.

Fact 1: Only the Father is God

1 Corinthians 8:6 KJV But to us there is but one God, the Father,

Fact 2: the Son of Man Jesus is not the same person as the Father.

Acts 7:56 KJV And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.

This is the last time I’m responding to you.
See that, you don't want to answer any questions, because you can't, you merely repeat scriptures that you don't understand.

Active
Who said Jesus was not tempted?

Are you not afraid of how God will judge you for twisting the Scriptures to suit your false doctrines over and over?
Jesus was only tempted in the dessert for a short time so that he can know what it is like for us. Being tempted in the dessert for a short time is not living a life of temptation.

Active
See that, you don't want to answer any questions, because you can't, you merely repeat scriptures that you don't understand.

I did answer, but you didn’t read. Lol, if I quote Scriptures to backup what I say it’s called merely repeating scriptures. Farewell.

Active
John 4:23 KJV Jesus answered and said unto him, if a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

What is not clear about Jesus saying that BOTH the Father and him will dwell in believers? So believers have both the Spirit of God and the spirit of Christ. It does not say this is a shared spirit!
Only one Spirit. The Father is a Spirit and NOT a different Spirit, as you teach.

Active
Jesus was only tempted in the dessert for a short time so that he can know what it is like for us. Being tempted in the dessert for a short time is not living a life of temptation.

Prove to me how Jesus is tempted in every way like we are if all the temptations he got was only in the desert. Your statement is not even backed up by Scriptures. Lol

Active
Only one Spirit. The Father is a Spirit and NOT a different Spirit, as you teach.

Prove to me that the spirit of Christ = spirit of Father. I mean an actual verse that says the Spirit of the father is the spirit of Jesus, I don’t see such an explicit verse anywhere.

Active
Prove to me how Jesus is tempted in every way like we are if all the temptations he got was only in the desert. Your statement is not even backed up by Scriptures. Lol
You have to ask for the scriptures sometimes.

Jesus was only tempted in the desert for a short time, and it was so that he could know what it is like for us.

Matthew 4:1 Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.

. 2And when he had fasted forty days and forty nights, he was afterward an hungred. 3And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread. 4But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

5Then the devil taketh him up into the holy city, and setteth him on a pinnacle of the temple,

6And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.

7Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.

8Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them; 9And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me. 10Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve. 11Then the devil leaveth him, and, behold, angels came and ministered unto him.

Status
Not open for further replies.