• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Beware of the "Rapture Ready" Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im convinced There is no rapture for it was made up by scared people who don't know the truth all i can say is they need keep reading there bible and asking jesus. There is an escape but it for whom it for! just so im not miss understood I'll be here till the end.

Im convinced There is no rapture for it was made up by scared people who don't know the truth all i can say is they need keep reading there bible and asking jesus. There is an escape but it for whom it for! just so im not miss understood I'll be here till the end.

Paul addressed the "catching away" of the church in both Thessalonians and Corinthians and the Bible makes it clear the church will not experience the wrath of God. The 7 year Tribulation is all about God finishing His uncompleted business with the nation of Israel. I have read my Bible and am quiet confident God is clear on this issue. All one needs to do is read the Bible and believe what it literally says. Not much question in my mind brother. You will be pleasantly surprised if you are a washed in the blood believer in Jesus!

Last edited:
It written Learn of me for I am meek and lowly in heart."jesus" To know Him Is required. To believe him is to belong to him. To obey him is to be known of him. As to any part of an escape I find it clearly the goal is to be known of him. for in that day many will say lord lord and he says I don't know you. and they say but lord but lord we did mirricales in you name. so obveously you can know him and not be known of him. and you can recieve of him and do as you please with it but it perfered you ask him what he would have you do with it. But what do I know but nothing apart from christ.

The pre-trib rapture doctrine began in Scotland in 1830. It was concieved by a mentally ill lady who was known to attempt to practice levitation. She was in a trance and some would be preacher John Nelson Darby perfected the pre-trib doctrine. He was kicked out of mainstream Churches for teaching it and along with Edward Irving started the Plymouth Brethern which was considered a cult. C.I. Scofield latched on to the pre-trib doctrine and began to preach it in America in the late 1800's.

Investigate for yourself where the modern day pre-trib doctrine came from. It has been making fake preachers rich and famous since 1830.

Christ shall retrun exactly as He said He would,not as false teachers of pre-trib rapture say.
Search for the truth,not pre-trib lies!

Paul addressed the "catching away" of the church in both Thessalonians and Corinthians and the Bible makes it clear the church will not experience the wrath of God. The 7 year Tribulation is all about God finishing His uncompleted business with the nation of Israel. I have read my Bible and am quiet confident God is clear on this issue. All one needs to do is read the Bible and believe what it literally says. Not much question in my mind brother. You will be pleasantly surprised if you are a washed in the blood believer in Jesus!

Christ shall return once and only once at the 7th trump.
It's all about the seals,the trumps,and the viles. Not about a pre-trib fly away.

The pre-trib rapture doctrine began in Scotland in 1830. It was concieved by a mentally ill lady who was known to attempt to practice levitation. She was in a trance and some would be preacher John Nelson Darby perfected the pre-trib doctrine. He was kicked out of mainstream Churches for teaching it and along with Edward Irving started the Plymouth Brethern which was considered a cult. C.I. Scofield latched on to the pre-trib doctrine and began to preach it in America in the late 1800's.

Investigate for yourself where the modern day pre-trib doctrine came from. It has been making fake preachers rich and famous since 1830.

Christ shall retrun exactly as He said He would,not as false teachers of pre-trib rapture say.
Search for the truth,not pre-trib lies!

amen! of course anyone can twist scripture to support a false view. Anyone who is taught this doctrine will believe it, if they have no prior knowledge of the topic. The doctrine almost says, just have faith, sit back relax, and wait for jesus. =[

Matt 24:29-31

29 "Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be
darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from
heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken.

30 Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

31 And He will send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

These verses right here seem to indicate, AFTER the tribulation in those days, which is before gods wrath, jesus will return in the clouds (where we will meet him) and gather his elect. How clear does it have to be?

This is a tricky topic. I don't know if we're going to be raptured or not, but I know not a hair can fall from our heads without God knowing. If chaos does come on the world God will still be in control of everything, and I hope and pray he will protect us.

Even if you are a post-tribber, you have to admit it's just enough to scare you. Can you really blame anyone for wanting to avoid suffering? Even Jesus prayed that his cup be taken from him in the valley of Gethsemane. (Be it God's will of course.) May I also add.. people in lots of places in the world probably feel they already ARE in the tribulation.

This is a tricky topic. I don't know if we're going to be raptured or not, but I know not a hair can fall from our heads without God knowing. If chaos does come on the world God will still be in control of everything, and I hope and pray he will protect us.

Even if you are a post-tribber, you have to admit it's just enough to scare you. Can you really blame anyone for wanting to avoid suffering? Even Jesus prayed that his cup be taken from him in the valley of Gethsemane. (Be it God's will of course.) May I also add.. people in lots of places in the world probably feel they already ARE in the tribulation.

Its really not tricky at all. We know jesus is coming back to judge. We know that the man of sin has to be revealed beforehand. From the above verses, we know that AFTER the tribulation, jesus comes and gathers his elect. We also know that the first resurrection, the dead in chirst rise first, is accompanied with the gathering of the elect. Its not that hard to figure out when you read scritpure fully in context.

but if you read verses loosely and listen to false teachings, it can get confusing.

I agree those verses seem clear. But I do have one question. (I'm not asking this as a person trying to debate you but just as a person trying to understand.)

If we aren't raptured until the end of the tribulation, how is it that it will come like a "thief in the night?" If we interpret Daniel literally it tells us exactly how long the tribulation will be. In Matthew 24:36 it says it will be like in the days of Noah. "Two men will be in the field, one will be taken and the other left. Two women will be grinding with a hand mill; one will be taken and the other left." This, to me, paints a picture of a world where everyone is unexpectantly living according to routine at Christ's return. "People will be married and given in marriage" also paints this picture.

There are also people who believe "God's elect" describes people converted during the tribulation but after the rapture. Then there are also people who don't even have a futurist interpretation of Revelation, for whom this whole discussion isn't even relevant.

I am of the opinion that whether we are raptured, have to suffer trials, or just live out the rest of our lives as normal human beings isn't what's important. Whatever God's will is is God's will. The important thing is that we are ready. That we are always drawing closer to God and loving others as ourselves, which are the first two commandments. As I mentioned before, there are many less fortunate who would say they already are in tribulation. You never know what God has in store for you tomorrow.

Last edited:
I agree those verses seem clear. But I do have one question. (I'm not asking this as a person trying to debate you but just as a person trying to understand.)

If we aren't raptured until the end of the tribulation, how is it that it will come like a "thief in the night?" If we interpret Daniel literally it tells us exactly how long the tribulation will be. In Matthew 24:36 it says it will be like in the days of Noah. "Two men will be in the field, one will be taken and the other left. Two women will be grinding with a hand mill; one will be taken and the other left." This, to me, paints a picture of a world where everyone is unexpectantly living according to routine at Christ's return. "People will be married and given in marriage" also paints this picture.

There are also people who believe "God's elect" describes people converted during the tribulation but after the rapture. Then there are also people who don't even have a futurist interpretation of Revelation, for whom this whole discussion isn't even relevant.

I am of the opinion that whether we are raptured, have to suffer trials, or just live out the rest of our lives as normal human beings isn't what's important. Whatever God's will is is God's will. The important thing is that we are ready. That we are always drawing closer to God and loving others as ourselves, which are the first two commandments. As I mentioned before, there are many less fortunate who would say they already are in tribulation. You never know what God has in store for you tomorrow.

He will come as a thief in the night for those who dont believe and are not ready. Believers will be ready always. If there was to be an event before the great tribulation such as this it would be clear, just as Matthew 24:29 is clear. distinctly clear. There are no such verses to support a pulling of the church before great tribulation.

Ya, im ready for anything. Whatever the case is, im keeping my eyes and ears open to Jesus. Staying strong in sound scripture, and refuting evil.

The mods at RR have a "sticky of DOOOOOM," for those who wish to talk about 'icky' things that they dont like. We must live in a country of six year olds - I mean really....

Just wanted to mention my brief experience at RR.

I became a member of that board last year. The few times I posted were to give my testimony, and respond to requests on the prayer forum.

Lo and behold one day I logged in and found that my testimony had been edited by the moderators. Basically they amped up the title and threw in some dancing smilies. Dunno why, after all I’d given God the praise first time around for delivering me from my previous lifestyle. That should have been a red flag for me, but I didn’t think much about it.

A couple months later I went back to RR and discovered that I was no longer able to edit my profile. Very strange since like I said my posts were minimal in number and certainly nothing the RR crew would consider ‘offensive’… although, they are so odd, who knows what they might find offensive at any given point in time!

On another note…

Last week I was surfing their boards and came across a comment by one of their senior, popular members. In the post “The days of Noah and Lot are upon us”, this person (‘B’) stated that he believes more than 8 persons repented and were saved during the great flood, even though 2 Peter 2:4-6 says otherwise. Naturally some of the other RR members jumped on the bandwagon, agreeing enthusiastically.

One individual stood up to ‘B’, asking why he believed something that directly contradicted the Bible. The next day, that post disappeared. Unfortunately I didn’t take a screenshot of it, but I know what I saw.

A few days later, a new member started a thread about how they thought the church had replaced Israel in the Lord’s eyes. The same group of people, including ‘B’ above, ganged up on this individual. They attacked their stance and changed the title of the thread in a way to humiliate the person.

So in 2012, RR’s message still is: it’s not what you believe, it’s whether you believe what their ‘gods’ have to say. Else you’ll get insulted or banned. Ironic since they’re always complaining how Christians are losing their right to free speech in the USA and elsewhere.

Last edited:
This forum is one to avoid

A "Christian" Pre-Trib Message Board Run By Satan's Workers. The things they do to destroy the faith of Christians.

What is a Christian?

One who proclaims the:

• Oneness of God revealed in 3 distinct eternal and equal Persons of the Godhead.
  • Sinlessness of Christ the Son of God
  • Gospel of Christ (death, burial and resurrection)
  • Second coming of Christ (as being literal, physical, bodily)
  • Salvation is by God's grace alone through our faith alone in Christ's death alone.

What do they tell us that destroys our faith? :quiet:

• To live holy because He is coming soon.

Does this sound like people who are controlled by Satan? :regret-animated:

Sometimes there are those who hold a Christain fronting. but they are actually a clever counterfit tool of the devil [Matthew 24:4-5]

You can know them by their proprietary ambitions and their behavior towards others who see through their mask

I lean more toward a Pre-tribulation rapture, but I agree with the original poster about the site call "Rapture Ready". I was a member there once, but I quit after seeing some of the moderator's actions and behavior.

I began my walk with Jesus, believing in the pre-trib theory, however after noticing several problems with it and not finding satisfactory answers to my questions, i began to pray about it and asked God to remove any false doctrine i held dear. I no longer believe the pre-trib theory, although it does seem much preferable to the alternatives.

I too used to be a member but would advise people to not use the rapture ready site.

I know I am VERY late to this thread but there was a point I wanted to make. People have asked why Daniel will not be resurrected in the rapture. I believe this is because:

" The dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord" (1 Thessalonians 4:16)

Daniel is from the time before Christ walked the earth and was crucified for our sins. Therefore he won't be resurrected until the very end.

"The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were completed. This is the first resurrection." (Revelation 20:5)

(I found this thread when I was searching for information about the Rapture Forums. Not Rapture Ready where I have been a member for a while. I've had no issues there).

Staff Member
Wish I was here under happier circumstances. :whistle

You can be :)

Reading your bio, you have a powerful testimony waiting to be written :thumbsup: Please introduce yourself here:

Introduction

and post your testimony which I believe would touch many.

Testimonials

You don't have to of cause, but having another Sister in Christ Jesus joining up what I like to call this Christian Community at Talk Jesus is always a joy!

Especially if they are willing to grow in His word, fellowship with other Brothers and Sisters in Christ Jesus, and most especially share the Love of our Lord. Making it I pray and my hope to be an uplifting experience for you and the entire community as a whole. Being that we are the entire Body of Christ. (Avoiding a run on sentence with some sense about it without intruding on the topic at hand can be difficult! :))
YBIC - Welcome
C4E
<><

Status
Not open for further replies.