• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Give Me an Answer - In the Beginning God, or In the Beginning Hydrogen.

Active
Angels have always been one of God's ways of caring out his will upon this earth, and they will always be used by God no matter what time it is in eternity. Peter had alredy been filled with the Holy Spirit before being arrested in fact he was filled again in many other areas in scripture.

Act_2:4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
Act_4:8 Then Peter, filled with the Holy Ghost, said unto them, Ye rulers of the people, and elders of Israel,
Act_4:31 And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together; and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and they spake the word of God with boldness.

I think yore right. Yes he was filled at the time. My mistake. I couldnt remember when typing if this was before or after Pentecost. Forgive me. But i still hold to my original belief on angels.

Loyal
Angel is used in different terms. Pastors for example. And also i believe Paul was speaking of Abraham and others. He was just stressing the point to be hospitable to to fellow man.
Angels are not always seen, but Abraham saw them with his physical eyes. Can you have fellowship with a person without knowing it? No, you cannot, but you can with an angel without knowing it.

Active
Angels are not always seen, but Abraham saw them with his physical eyes. Can you have fellowship with a person without knowing it? No, you cannot, but you can with an angel without knowing it.

Lol. Then you still dont know if they were there or not. Cant prove by that logic. Sorry. But i will treat everyone the same. With all the love and humility i can muster.
If i dont know one comes along. I cant prove or disprove.
And once again you may be absolutely right.

Loyal
Was Peter already filled with the Holy Spirit at this time when an angel came to deliver him from prison in these few scriptures?
Yes, Peter had been Anointed by the Holy Spirit. And it was after that when the Angel helped him

Loyal
I think yore right. Yes he was filled at the time. My mistake. I couldnt remember when typing if this was before or after Pentecost. Forgive me. But i still hold to my original belief on angels.
My friend, it is ok. I hope, one day, you will not only see, but be able to talk with Angels.
I mean before passing on.

Active
@Bill
@Curtis

One last thought and i will leave it alone.
But the way i see the situation,is that the Holy Spirit,Holy Ghost,whichever you call him is in reality Jesus Christ himself.
It is Jesus that dwells within us,"You abide in me,I abide in you".
Now to say that an angel has to do something that Christ himself cant handle,i would call blasphemous.
Thats the problem i have with angels.

And again,im human. I could be totally wrong. But thats how she stands for now.

Love ya and God bless.

Active
@Bill
@Curtis

But the way i see the situation,is that the Holy Spirit,Holy Ghost,whichever you call him is in reality Jesus Christ himself.
Now to say that an angel has to do something that Christ himself cant handle,i would call blasphemous.

Love ya and God bless.
I stick to the statement that Jesus was seated at the right hand of God in HEAVEN, the Holy Spirit indeed dwells in us and points us to Him, the real Messiah - as opposed to all kinds of false messiahs. That's why I believe in guardian angels in order to make the Holy Spirit a PERSON instead of a power, force or energy. Jesus himself is with us in Spirit, and he shall return in near future. I don't accept your conclusion that "Jesus is always with us", if so, what about the second coming? Why did He warn that he would return shortly if he's already with us? Therefore they spiritualize this most important prophecy and interpret it as "awakening of concsiousness", and that is a dangerous New Age heresy.

Loyal
@Bill
@Curtis

Love ya and God bless.
I really do understand what you are saying.

If you think about it, God really does not need us at all. To some, i am certain, the whole idea of creating people to just worship Him is self absorbing.

But Our Creator wants us to love Him. ' Our Father ' . Which is even stranger, that a created thing will become His " children " . It is all because He Loves.

Back to Angels. Certainly, God could do everything, He just chooses to have His angels, ssrvants and us do it for Him.

Loyal
I stick to the statement that Jesus was seated at the right hand of God in HEAVEN, the Holy Spirit indeed dwells in us and points us to Him, the real Messiah - as opposed to all kinds of false messiahs. That's why I believe in guardian angels in order to make the Holy Spirit a PERSON instead of a power, force or energy. Jesus himself is with us in Spirit, and he shall return in near future. I don't accept your conclusion that "Jesus is always with us", if so, what about the second coming? Why did He warn that he would return shortly if he's already with us? Therefore they spiritualize this most important prophecy and interpret it as "awakening of concsiousness", and that is a dangerous New Age heresy.
John you are so close, and i love you my brother.

There are indeed some things that are a mystery.

Loyal
The true acid test to see if you are truly living by faith.

2Co 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

Loyal
@Bill
@Curtis

Love ya and God bless.
Angels are simply messengers and servants that do what God wants.

Active
You make a great argument brother.
Question i have,If Jesus is stuck there at the Fathers right hand,how can he be everywhere at once?
Now when you answer "by Spirit",that is what i am swying.

Active
First through oral communications, then the bible, now online streaming and bible app.

I dont think so. True his spirit can come through those things. But that is cofining him. You cant confine a spirit.

Some one who dont have a bible or app or anyone to talk to then doesnt stand a chance.
A person born blind deaf and dumb doesnt stand a chance. The spirit moves on and convicts a person even if marooned on an unhabited island. No phone no light no motor car.

Loyal
You make a great argument brother.
Question i have,If Jesus is stuck there at the Fathers right hand,how can he be everywhere at once?
Now when you answer "by Spirit",that is what i am swying.
You set God in a box. You are thinking as humans think, logic and reason, but not with faith.

Trust me, i understand where you are coming from.

Go beyond the physical restrictions.

God made spirits, time, space, souls, distance etc. He is beyond all of this. So Jesus can be in many places, and all 100%. Yes, each place He is, no matter where. 100% with you, focused on you. And with me at the same time, focused on me 100%

Somewhat like the taste of a cookie, the fulness of God can be with many at the same time. So break a cookie into ten pieces. Everyone will enjoy the taste of that cookie 100%. But for Jesus ( who is God ) it would be like each of us getting your fill off cookies

Loyal
I dont think so. True his spirit can come through those things. But that is cofining him. You cant confine a spirit.

Some one who dont have a bible or app or anyone to talk to then doesnt stand a chance.
A person born blind deaf and dumb doesnt stand a chance. The spirit moves on and convicts a person even if marooned on an unhabited island. No phone no light no motor car.
Exactly true

Active
You set God in a box. You are thinking as humans think, logic and reason, but not with faith.

Trust me, i understand where you are coming from.

Go beyond the physical restrictions.

God made spirits, time, space, souls, distance etc. He is beyond all of this. So Jesus can be in many places, and all 100%. Yes, each place He is, no matter where. 100% with you, focused on you. And with me at the same time, focused on me 100%

Somewhat like the taste of a cookie, the fulness of God can be with many at the same time. So break a cookie into ten pieces. Everyone will enjoy the taste of that cookie 100%. But for Jesus ( who is God ) it would be like each of us getting your fill off cookies
I think i am taking Christ out of the box with reply

Active

The Holy Spirit always has a way to disseminate - on God's schedule, for in the last days, "many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased." God will use whatever resources available to spread the Word, even a person who's blind, dumb and deaf like Helen Keller could get to know God, you leave that to God and don't worry about that. The only question is whether the audience is willing to listen and accept it.