• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Hearing God Speak to You, the difficulty of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loyal
I'm pretty sure...you said... He doesn't perform those miracles in the same way; limiting God because of your own unbelief.
You haven't seen it for yourself, so anyone saying they have is a liar...?

I stood under a tent at revival.
The town drunk showed up.
Preacher was preaching, good Word; and all of a sudden the town drunk, walking toward him, screams out, And I say you is the devil!!!
Preacher, standing on stage, and I could tell he was listening; preacher says, And God said; he's listening again; And God says...listening again; And God says you gonna dance, pointing his finger at him. That drunk man's body commenced to dancing, uncontrollably, dancing.
Preacher went on with the Word.
Pretty soon drunk man fell to the floor up front, and laid there for awhile. When that man came up he was sober as a rail, and was changed instantly.
From that point he served the Lord and never drank again. You would see him all over town, still riding his bicycle, talking to anyone who would listen about what God had did in his life.
Testifying of that night.
Guess what some people, perhaps people like you and lentz, didn't believe him. He didn't care they didn't believe, then he would ask if he could pray for them.
Enough. Please do not go down this road.

Love your enemies, praise God for all things, forgive your brothers and sisters.

Which is greater, that you know your love for God and that God loves you? Or knowing that everyone else knows that?

Loyal
This old sinner needs all the prayer he can get.

I may be faultless in God's eyes but only the fool can see perfection in himself.

It's only by the Grace and Mercy of God that I'm not in hell right now, where I should be!
Come on guys, please, point fingers at me, i am used to it .

As a truck driver, i relish when people flip me the bird, they are telling me "I am number one " .

You see, have to find the humor in it

Active
When I hear a person's testimony I can tell the depth of it by the way the spirit of God Moves In Me

This movement of the Holy Spirit is something that we should all strive for. We recognize it within ourselves as the movement of the Holy Spirit, and everybody experiences some movement at some point the problem is in learning to recognize that movement.

The simplest movements that we experience, are those that you get when you encounter someone that is either walking in the Darkness or walking in the Lord. If a person is walking in the Darkness you will immediately feel kind of a yucky sensation and if a person is walking in the Lord you will immediately feel a sensation of warmth and love.

It is important to recognize the first sensation, because the devil is always trying to deceive. So when a person that you experience a particular Sensation from always listen to the first experience. Because the second experience will be something to cast doubt on the first. The movement of the holy spirit will always come first and the movement of the devil will always come second.

Even though you may experience a yucky feeling from somebody that walks in the Darkness, as you grow deeper in the Lord and deeper in the spirit the first Sensation that you will get from that person will be of one of reaching out to that person. The second Sensation that you will get when you are deeper in the Lord is doubt. If you want to understand this all you have to do is look at Peter walking out of the boat. The first sensation he had was to do what the Lord told him to do step out of the boat and join Jesus which he did. The second movement that came to him came from the darkness which was doubt.
You speak of feeling sensations; so you believe everyone has the same as you?
I get a huge knot in my stomach and feel sick immediately. Yucky, for me is an understatement.
You say we are not all the same, then suggest we all have your feelings of sensation.
We don't. We are individual in the Lord; and He deals with each one of us differently.
Bless God always.

Loyal
You speak of feeling sensations; so you believe everyone has the same as you?
I get a huge knot in my stomach and feel sick immediately. Yucky, for me is an understatement.
You say we are not all the same, then suggest we all have your feelings of sensation.
We don't. We are individual in the Lord; and He deals with each one of us differently.
Bless God always.
No, not everyone is the same, but we all experience the spiritual to one degree or another.

Active
Enough. Please do not go down this road.

Love your enemies, praise God for all things, forgive your brothers and sisters.

Which is greater, that you know your love for God and that God loves you? Or knowing that everyone else knows that?
What happened to agreeing to disagree.
We were having a nice, honest discussion.
You jumped in the middle of it, apparently because you are offended. I am not, and I don't believe brother Charlie24 is either.
I respect his statement that he can't believe my testimonies and that's fine with me.
I will pray for him like I said.
And now I will pray for you as well.
The Word tells us about butting in on someone's else's discussion; perhaps you should check it out and see what it says.
Bless God.
Be a blessing to God, always.

Active
No, afraid not. I'm limiting man!

If we don't realize that the New Testament has revealed the truth in the Old, we lose the purpose of the full cannon of Scripture.

The line that draws the purpose becomes blurry and we make man the object rather than God.
Brother, that's why I don't care if you can believe my testimonies in Christ or not; I pray you will believe the Word of God.
When we believe that, it becomes easy to believe those testimonies God puts before us as well.
God first always

Active
Come on guys, please, point fingers at me, i am used to it .

As a truck driver, i relish when people flip me the bird, they are telling me "I am number one " .

You see, have to find the humor in it

Not pointing fingers, Bill, just reasoning truth. I want to go into more detail but something tells me that would just broaden the mountain.

Active
This old sinner needs all the prayer he can get.

I may be faultless in God's eyes but only the fool can see perfection in himself.

It's only by the Grace and Mercy of God that I'm not in hell right now, where I should be!
Without Christ, no flesh would be saved.
So it's fair to say, we would all be in hell.
Did you read the testimony of the drunk man?

Active
Brother, that's why I don't care if you can believe my testimonies in Christ or not; I pray you will believe the Word of God.
When we believe that, it becomes easy to believe those testimonies God puts before us as well.
God first always

Well, I think it's best that we just drop it.

Active
Well, I think it's best that we just drop it.
Yea cause brother Bill is offended.
You asked if I had seen anything and I posted about the drunk man. Did you read it?
It was really awesome to see.
Brother, I do not use my liberty as a cloak to work maliciousness. I know God is all seeing, all hearing and all knowing. He has been right here in the middle of our chat and my testimonies you don't believe. Lol
I BELIEVE.
God first always.

Active
I'm pretty sure...you said... He doesn't perform those miracles in the same way; limiting God because of your own unbelief.
You haven't seen it for yourself, so anyone saying they have is a liar...?

I stood under a tent at revival.
The town drunk showed up.
Preacher was preaching, good Word; and all of a sudden the town drunk, walking toward him, screams out, And I say you is the devil!!!
Preacher, standing on stage, and I could tell he was listening; preacher says, And God said; he's listening again; And God says...listening again; And God says you gonna dance, pointing his finger at him. That drunk man's body commenced to dancing, uncontrollably, dancing.
Preacher went on with the Word.
Pretty soon drunk man fell to the floor up front, and laid there for awhile. When that man came up he was sober as a rail, and was changed instantly.
From that point he served the Lord and never drank again. You would see him all over town, still riding his bicycle, talking to anyone who would listen about what God had did in his life.
Testifying of that night.
Guess what some people, perhaps people like you and lentz, didn't believe him. He didn't care they didn't believe, then he would ask if he could pray for them.

Maybe you were drunk

Loyal
What happened to agreeing to disagree.
We were having a nice, honest discussion.
You jumped in the middle of it, apparently because you are offended. I am not, and I don't believe brother Charlie24 is either.
I respect his statement that he can't believe my testimonies and that's fine with me.
I will pray for him like I said.
And now I will pray for you as well.
The Word tells us about butting in on someone's else's discussion; perhaps you should check it out and see what it says.
Bless God.
Be a blessing to God, always.
I'm sorry it just came across as being like an argument, and I didn't want to see that Between Brothers.

Also I made the comment earlier about how the apostles also did not agree with each other in the beginning there was some disagreements that went on especially with Paul and the other apostles and again with Paul and Peter there was disagreements going on there too and I think that these examples of disagreements and how they were able to resolve these things are very important for all of us to understand that it's okay to have disagreements but we need to also resolve those disagreements

Active
I'm sorry it just came across as being like an argument, and I didn't want to see that Between Brothers.

Also I made the comment earlier about how the apostles also did not agree with each other in the beginning there was some disagreements that went on especially with Paul and the other apostles and again with Paul and Peter there was disagreements going on there too and I think that these examples of disagreements and how they were able to resolve these things are very important for all of us to understand that it's okay to have disagreements but we need to also resolve those disagreements

I don't see the issues being resolved but I do think we are handling it well compared to some arguments I've seen in the past, here and there.

It's just the way it is online, no need to rum from it, face it head on as long as we can keep it under control.

Active

This sister and that brother are just fine.
Thank you for your.....caring.
Iron sharpens iron, brother.
Notice in the sharpening process, both blades need honed; there are divots or chucks busted out, but during the process both get sharpened.
God is always first.

Active
I don't see the issues being resolved but I do think we are handling it well compared to some arguments I've seen in the past, here and there.

It's just the way it is online, no need to rum from it, face it head on as long as we can keep it under control.

LOL, even though we all love the Lord it usually doesn't go well online when a Catholic, a Pentecostal, and an independent Baptist get together to discuss anything. I'm assuming watertolive is a Pentecostal, not sure.

Active
LOL, even though we all love the Lord it usually doesn't go well online when a Catholic, a Pentecostal, and an independent Baptist get together to discuss anything. I'm assuming watertolive is a Pentecostal, not sure.
Brother, I am a child of God.
I was not raised in a church house, or denomination.
The Holy Ghost is the only true Teacher; what I know is from HIM. Once the Holy Ghost and the Spirit of truth came, one no longer is under a schoolmaster.
I stay in the Word; and focus my day on the Lord.
And do all things as you would do unto God.
If you revolve your life around the Lord, your very being, He will revolve around your life, and become your very being.
We can have as much or as little as we want; it's our choice; how much is one willing to give?
Bless God for it.

Active
The Holy Ghost is the only true Teacher; what I know is from HIM. Once the Holy Ghost and the Spirit of truth came, one no longer is under a schoolmaster.
If you revolve your life around the Lord, your very being, He will revolve around your life, and become your very being.
We can have as much or as little as we want; it's our choice; how much is one willing to give?
Bless God for it.

Nothing wrong with claiming a denomination, it's nothing more than a identifier of what you believe, or that's all it should be.

Active
Bless God for it.
Lol... perhaps not being under a schoolmaster was a benefit, for myself, as well as for the Lord.
I love the brother/sisterhood; but I find when visiting, folks are not letting their conversation become that of the Lord, rather very worldly, earthy, like common everyday folks in the world.
Bless God

Status
Not open for further replies.