Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

So tired of all the ignorant bashing of Catholics

the problem I had when I was a Catholic is I thought for some reason that God had to forgive me of my sin weather I stopped spinning or not. I lived a life as habitual sinner and thought because I I confessed to a Preist I was ok. They do not teach you must be born again, that Jesus will give us his power to brake the yoke of sin that strangles us, and keeps us from God.

My heart goes out to anyone who does not see deceit in the religion. Only by chasing after God , through reading his word, will this be revealed to a person IMO

I don't need to explain anything and its in the Eastern Orthodox Church.This is all public knowledge at your fingertips.

No Protestants have been dug up to check there could be thousands of them they are found in these churches because it part of the canonization process.

Its considered to be the private revelation part so I don't have to believe either and never will be told to believe it all up to me and no one else.

One of the things I don't get is all the things people claim the Pope is - is the exact power The Prophet of the LDS Church has and he goes completely unnoticed and is never questioned. A few decades ago he was talking to God on a daily basis in regular conversation and you don't see a problem with that?Now he is a powerful man he says jump and you have to jump.

I looked at the LDS and that was one of the main reasons why I rejected them.Never made it to the inner Temple.

Uh, what?

Are they in the deep underground vatican archives?
Nope, they are in various places around the world. Just google locations of incorruptible bodies per the catholic church. But... there is a chance that certain chemicals are injected to the dead bodies to make them so, and re-injected from time to time... less for deception's purpose, but to increase the faith of those weak in their faith. Sadly, the RCC has done this sort of stuff to supposedly bolster the faith of populations that seem on the verge of leaving the church, but not all do it, and there is a "chance" that it is a miracle, but something tells me its not.

More detail?
There's plenty of evidence to back what most do, yet they can NOT back it with scripture. Did Jesus EVER say in any form "Take the dead bodies or parts from "saints", revere them, cover them in precious metals and stones, and parade them in public several times a year or whatever." No

Link something or better make your case. I have not got time for such a silly post.

Jesus lived a humble life. Many commandments were give in the OT and only to Israel.
Are they examples of what happened and for those people, time, and place? Yes.

What's your point?

IDK how "legit" their relics are especially in America but if ANY one of them was brought here it would be big news.

So what? Did you not read my post?

They're too busy with their TDS and crying about this and that to put anything good in the news.
You will see more churches being attacked. Churches need money like everyone else but large # of Protestant ones do not have or make them like Catholics do. Lastly, God dwells with us not in some "church" especially their fancy ones.

Link something or better make your case. I have not got time for such a silly post.

@MedicBravo, this was a low effort and silly reply by you. Please do better. If you are a hater and accuse someone of something bring some evidence that we can examine.

We tend to overlook a lot of Catholic teaching that is sound and correct. We are indoctrinated against it as Protestants at large have an inherent dislike for them that stems from the 300 year-long reformation wars. Wars, which had little to nothing to do with actual theology.
Hi I would offer .

Catholics have another (anti) written teaching authority they call sacred Devine "Catechism Catholic Church"

That is other than all things written in the law and prophets "sola scriptura" . . .The final authority in spiritual matters of faith (the unseen invisible) things of God. . Christ working in born again mankind . Yoked with him our burdens can be lighter

No person can serve two written teaching masters as a authority of eternal God

(1)The "law of legion of fathers". Doctrines as commandment of dying mankind passed on in succession from generation to the next generation.

(2) sola scriptura

The first century reformation (Hebrew 9 ) destroyed the law of the fathers ,oral traditons of dying mankind .

We are call no dying man on earth Holy Father. Holy See. One not seen is in heaven.

Our Father through his living abiding word reigns in the believers new heart, soul and mind .

Hi I would offer .

Catholics have another (anti) written teaching authority they call sacred Devine "Catechism Catholic Church"

That is other than all things written in the law and prophets "sola scriptura" . . .The final authority in spiritual matters of faith (the unseen invisible) things of God. . Christ working in born again mankind . Yoked with him our burdens can be lighter

No person can serve two written teaching masters as a authority of eternal God

(1)The "law of legion of fathers". Doctrines as commandment of dying mankind passed on in succession from generation to the next generation.

(2) sola scriptura

The first century reformation (Hebrew 9 ) destroyed the law of the fathers ,oral traditons of dying mankind .

We are call no dying man on earth Holy Father. Holy See. One not seen is in heaven.

Our Father through his living abiding word reigns in the believers new heart, soul and mind .
Its not that different than the jews who made all those other requirements that Jesus commented on, that they should have just obeyed the ones God gave, as they were more important. He didnt say they were no longer children of God, just that they focused on to many things that just arent as important.

but something tells me its not.
Our gut instincts are often correct.

But i will say this:

About 3 years ago i was arguing with someone, insisting the statues of mary that sometimes supernaturally cry olive oil tears is because there is a pipe hooked up to them...

And something in the spiritual realm told me rather loudly.... "There is witchcraft you do not know about!"

So.. i suspend judgement...

Back