• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Tribulation Outtakes

Loyal
He believes he is one of the two witnesses
I do not expect you to believe me Mr Lentz, but I do expect you to use the gift of discernment.

And to let you know the humor of God you too will receive when you need it most the snow that I have promised everyone else. Because I already have the authority to do such things.

Active
I do not expect you to believe me Mr Lentz, but I do expect you to use the gift of discernment.

And to let you know the humor of God you too will receive when you need it most the snow that I have promised everyone else. Because I already have the authority to do such things.

So now you can make it snow. You’re one delusioned individual

Active
He believes he is one of the two witnesses
Maybe he is maybe he ain't but I ain't gonna say either way idk.. i do know All of YHs children are witnesses tho

Let all the nations be gathered together, and let the people be assembled: who among them can declare this, and shew us former things? let them bring forth their witnesses, that they may be justified: or let them hear, and say, It is truth.
[10] Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.
[11] I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.
[12] I have declared, and have saved, and I have shewed, when there was no strange god among you: therefore ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, that I am God.

Twistie

Active
Well pray tell,who is the other?
Surely you would know.
Greetings in the Lord
They will not go about tooting their trumpets for self admiration, they will go about doing the will of God.
All praise glory and honor be unto God.

Active
The two witnesses will be Jews,
They will perform task in Israel.
Tribulation will be Gods dealing with Israel(Jacobs Trouble)
Everything mentioned in book of Revelation deals with and takes place in Israel.

Beetow, you stated in Websters Dictionary it states a Christian is one who follows the teachings of Jesus.

Which teachings can or will you declare openly here, that you follow.

John 6 : 48 - 58

I am the bread of life. Your father's ate the Manna in the desert and they are dead, but this is the bread that comes down from heaven, so that a man may eat it and not die. I am the living bread which has come down from heaven. Anyone who eats the spread will live forever, and the bread that I give is my flesh, for the life of the world.

Then the Jews started arguing with one another, "how can this man give us his flesh they said".

And Jesus replied " I tell you most solemnly, if you do not eat the Flesh of the son of man and drink his blood you will not have life in you. Anyone who does Eat My Flesh and drink my blood has eternal life, and I shall raise him up on the last day. For my flesh is the real food and my blood is the real drink. He who eats my flesh and drinks my blood lives in me and I live in him. As i, Who Am sent by the living Father, myself draw life from the Father, so whoever eats me will draw life from me. This is the bread that comes down from heaven, not like the bread our ancestors ate, they are dead, but anyone who eats the spread will live forever.

Matthew 26: 26 - 29

No as they were eating, Jesus took some bread, and when he had said the blessing he broke it and gave it to the disciples. Take and Eat, you said, this is my body. Then he took a cup, and when he had returned thanks he gave it to them. Drink all of you from this, he said, for this is my blood, the blood of the covenant, which is to be poured out for many for the Forgiveness of sins. From now on, I tell you, I shall not drink wine until the day I drink the new wine with you in the Kingdom of my Father.
-------------
These are the Words of Jesus that i follow.

The blessed bread and wine, the Body and Blood of my Lord Jesus.

All of you may condemn me for living as a Catholic, but at least i can say, i actually do what Jesus has asked of me.

Everything mentioned in book of Revelation deals with and takes place in Israel.
Where in Scripture does it say the Two Witnesses will be Jews?

Rev 11 : 3 I shall send my two witnesses

If God is sending them, they are coming from somewhere else

Well pray tell,who is the other?
Surely you would know.
Can i ask, what has Bill said that is off? I mean in scripture. I have looked at what he has written. It is all solid.

If he does come from God as he claims. Maybe we should not rush to judgement.

So now you can make it snow. You’re one delusioned individual
If Bill comes from God, and is one of the two witnesses, then he has the authority.

As it is written

Rev 11 : 6

and strike the whole world with any plague is often as they like.

I know that to some people, snow is definitely a plague.
But what I gather from his comment, that it is more of a blessing.

Maybe he is maybe he ain't but I ain't gonna say either way idk.. i do know All of YHs children are witnesses tho

Let all the nations be gathered together, and let the people be assembled: who among them can declare this, and shew us former things? let them bring forth their witnesses, that they may be justified: or let them hear, and say, It is truth.
[10] Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.
[11] I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.
[12] I have declared, and have saved, and I have shewed, when there was no strange god among you: therefore ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, that I am God.

Twistie
Wow , that was inspired. I know it is Scripture. But you were inspired to post it.

Beautiful

I have not seen Bill tooting the trumpet. What i have felt from the Holy Spirit is. To heed and listen what Bill is saying.

And i have not seen falsehood in his words

Active
A man is not a Jew because he is one outwardly, nor is circumcision only outward and physical. 29No, a man is a Jew because he is one inwardly, and circumcision is a matter of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the written code. Such a man’s praise does not come from men, but from God.

Twistie

Active
Wow , that was inspired. I know it is Scripture. But you were inspired to post it.

Beautiful

All praise and Glory to Most High friend.. for He is the Only Good and has allowed me to b a vessel of His living Word.. Immanuel!

Twistie

Active
A man is not a Jew because he is one outwardly, nor is circumcision only outward and physical. 29No, a man is a Jew because he is one inwardly, and circumcision is a matter of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the written code. Such a man’s praise does not come from men, but from God.

Twistie

However you look at it, they will be Israelites.

Loyal
Rev 11:1; Then there was given me a measuring rod like a staff; and someone said, "Get up and measure the temple of God and the altar, and those who worship in it.
Rev 11:2; "Leave out the court which is outside the temple and do not measure it, for it has been given to the nations; and they will tread under foot the holy city for forty-two months.
Rev 11:3; "And I will grant authority to my two witnesses, and they will prophesy for twelve hundred and sixty days, clothed in sackcloth."
Rev 11:4; These are the two olive trees and the two lampstands that stand before the Lord of the earth.
Rev 11:5; And if anyone wants to harm them, fire flows out of their mouth and devours their enemies; so if anyone wants to harm them, he must be killed in this way.
Rev 11:6; These have the power to shut up the sky, so that rain will not fall during the days of their prophesying; and they have power over the waters to turn them into blood, and to strike the earth with every plague, as often as they desire.
Rev 11:7; When they have finished their testimony, the beast that comes up out of the abyss will make war with them, and overcome them and kill them.
Rev 11:8; And their dead bodies will lie in the street of the great city which mystically is called Sodom and Egypt, where also their Lord was crucified.
Rev 11:9; Those from the peoples and tribes and tongues and nations will look at their dead bodies for three and a half days, and will not permit their dead bodies to be laid in a tomb.
Rev 11:10; And those who dwell on the earth will rejoice over them and celebrate; and they will send gifts to one another, because these two prophets tormented those who dwell on the earth.
Rev 11:11; But after the three and a half days, the breath of life from God came into them, and they stood on their feet; and great fear fell upon those who were watching them.
Rev 11:12; And they heard a loud voice from heaven saying to them, "Come up here." Then they went up into heaven in the cloud, and their enemies watched them.
Rev 11:13; And in that hour there was a great earthquake, and a tenth of the city fell; seven thousand people were killed in the earthquake, and the rest were terrified and gave glory to the God of heaven.

Zech 4:2; He said to me, "What do you see?" And I said, "I see, and behold, a lampstand all of gold with its bowl on the top of it, and its seven lamps on it with seven spouts belonging to each of the lamps which are on the top of it;
Zech 4:3; also two olive trees by it, one on the right side of the bowl and the other on its left side."
Zech 4:4; Then I said to the angel who was speaking with me saying, "What are these, my lord?"
Zech 4:5; So the angel who was speaking with me answered and said to me, "Do you not know what these are?" And I said, "No, my lord."

Zech 4:11; Then I said to him, "What are these two olive trees on the right of the lampstand and on its left?"
Zech 4:12; And I answered the second time and said to him, "What are the two olive branches which are beside the two golden pipes, which empty the golden oil from themselves?"
Zech 4:13; So he answered me, saying, "Do you not know what these are?" And I said, "No, my lord."
Zech 4:14; Then he said, "These are the two anointed ones who are standing by the Lord of the whole earth."

It seems a temple will exist at this time ( presumably the 3rd temple in Jerusalem ) the courtyard of the temple will "given to the nations" ( presumably the Gentile nations ) and they
will trample it underfoot, this could correlate with the timing of the abomination of desolation, during which time the temple will be desecrated again.
Difficult passages at best. Whoever the two witnesses are, they will be clothed in sackcloth, some Bibles say "burlap bags". They will only prophecy for 3 1/2 years ( 1.260 days )
They will have the power to kill people by fire coming out of their mouths.
They will have the power to keep it from raining, they will have the power to turn water into blood. After the 3 1/2 years are over, the beast will kill them. Their bodies will lie
in the streets of Jerusalem ( where their Lord was crucified ) for 3 1/2 days. After 3 1/2 days they will come back to life and go up into heaven.

This is often correlated with Zechariah 4. Which talks about the two live trees, and the two lampstands ( Rev 11:4; )
It is difficult to know how much of this is symbolic ( if any of it ) and how much is literal.

Loyal
Who are the two olive trees? The two lampstands? I don't know. But I've heard a lot of speculation about it.

Some people think it might be Moses and Elijah, because they had the power to keep it from raining, and had the power to turn to water into blood. ( That is, God did it through them ).
Other's think perhaps it might be Enoch and Elijah, as they were the only two humans in the Bible that never died a natural death. Perhaps they die in Jerusalem? I don't know.
Some tie two olive trees, to the natural olive tree that God grafts believers into. The natural Olive branches are the Jews, and the "grafted in" branches are Gentiles. So perhaps they could be
Jews because of this. I don't know. It's a little bit of a stretch, but closer than anything else I have.

I do know this, not everyone who says they are a Jew actually is...

Rev 2:9; 'I know your tribulation and your poverty (but you are rich), and the blasphemy by those who say they are Jews and are not, but are a synagogue of Satan.
Rev 3:9; 'Behold, I will cause those of the synagogue of Satan, who say that they are Jews and are not, but lie—I will make them come and bow down at your feet, and make them know that I have loved you.

Yet more controversial verses ( what else is new? ) Many believe this is about biological/ethnic Jews, others believe it simply means believers. Either way, there are people who say they are, but are not.

Active
Who are the two olive trees? The two lampstands? I don't know. But I've heard a lot of speculation about it.

Some people think it might be Moses and Elijah, because they had the power to keep it from raining, and had the power to turn to water into blood. ( That is, God did it through them ).
Other's think perhaps it might be Enoch and Elijah, as they were the only two humans in the Bible that never died a natural death. Perhaps they die in Jerusalem? I don't know.
Some tie two olive trees, to the natural olive tree that God grafts believers into. The natural Olive branches are the Jews, and the "grafted in" branches are Gentiles. So perhaps they could be
Jews because of this. I don't know. It's a little bit of a stretch, but closer than anything else I have.

I do know this, not everyone who says they are a Jew actually is...

Rev 2:9; 'I know your tribulation and your poverty (but you are rich), and the blasphemy by those who say they are Jews and are not, but are a synagogue of Satan.
Rev 3:9; 'Behold, I will cause those of the synagogue of Satan, who say that they are Jews and are not, but lie—I will make them come and bow down at your feet, and make them know that I have loved you.

Yet more controversial verses ( what else is new? ) Many believe this is about biological/ethnic Jews, others believe it simply means believers. Either way, there are people who say they are, but are not.

I always heard it was either Moses and Elijah,or Elijah and Enoch.
But then too,Bill says he’s one of them :)