• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Can Satan hear (read) our thoughts?

Loyal

Can Satan hear (read) our thoughts?

'Now there was a day when the sons of God came
to present themselves before the LORD,
and Satan came also among them.
And the LORD said unto Satan, Whence comest thou?
Then Satan answered the LORD, and said,
From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.
And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job,
that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man,
one that feareth God, and escheweth evil?
Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, Doth Job fear God for nought?
Hast not thou made an hedge about him, and about his house,
and about all that he hath on every side?
thou hast blessed the work of his hands, and his substance is increased in the land.
But put forth thine hand now, and touch all that he hath, and he will curse thee to thy face.
And the LORD said unto Satan, Behold, all that he hath is in thy power;
only upon himself put not forth thine hand.
So Satan went forth from the presence of the LORD.'
(Job 1:6-12)

' In all this Job sinned not, nor charged God foolishly.'
(Job 1:22)

* As you can see, @lentz, Satan did not know how Job would respond: He is the Accuser of the brethren, who accuses them before God day and night: but we have an Advocate before the Father, at His right hand, the risen Lord Himself.

In Christ Jesus
Chris
'And what is the exceeding greatness of His power
to us-ward who believe,
according to the working of His mighty power,
Which He wrought in Christ,
when He raised him from the dead,
and set Him at His own right hand in the heavenly places,
Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion,
and every name that is named,
not only in this world,
but also in that which is to come:'
And hath put all things under His feet,
and gave Him to be the Head
over all things to the church, which is His body,
the fulness of Him that filleth all in all.'
(Eph 1:19-23)

Hello there,

The eyes of our understanding need to be enlightened in order that we may see the greatness of the power of the risen Christ, who has been raised far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion. That includes the enemy of our souls too. God has placed us 'in Christ' in spirit, and in Him we too are far above all of these. Therefore we need not fear.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Loyal
' Let no man say when he is tempted,
"I am tempted of God":
for God cannot be tempted with evil,
neither tempteth He any man:
But every man is tempted,
when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.
Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin:
and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.'
(James 1:13-15)

Active
I have heard many times he cannot.
How then can he tempt?
If he does not know i am hard up for money,how can he tempt me to rob a bank?
Chances are you've already TOLD HIM YOUR THOUGHTS, so he doesn't have to "Read your mind". And, of course satan DOESN'T TEMPT - the Temptation comes from YOUR LUSTS. ENTICEMENT comes from satan, and it's up to YOU whether you allow your LUST to "Conceive", and birth SIN.

James 1:13-15 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man: Is a little trickey, since God DOES, in fact "TEMP" (test, try) people, so the sentence is an "ellipse", and for clarity, should read "Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man (WITH EVIL):

If God doesn't "Temp/test/try" us, then what will you do with Gen 22:1, Jdg 7:4, or 1 Pet 4:12??

Chances are you've already TOLD HIM YOUR THOUGHTS, so he doesn't have to "Read your mind".
This is exactly my experience.

Thoughts are private and cannot be spiritually overheard unless God violates your privacy and gives that information to another person, or if you have a demon, that demon can leave you, share the information with another person, and the information flows that way.

However, most people "speak" their thoughts in their mind, and this is not private information, The spiritual realm can overhear it. A man once began to imagine that he was greater than God, and he became possessed and called me at 2 am in the morning, I prophetically asked him over the phone if he had been imagining certain thoughts and he confessed yes.. well those thoughts weren't his thoughts.

How then can he tempt?
Addressing the opening post:

Satan is a spirit. Spirits can hear our thoughts. He can tempt you in your dreams... on both, an unconscious and subconscious level. It is also believed by some, that he can have people in your life tempt you.

- Peace

Active
It happens to EVERYBODY (luke 6:45)

I would think before our new born again birth . Satan was as he is the god of this world the wisdom of this dying world. the father of lies.

Formuly we served our dead conscience. But God is greater than our conscience he know all things as the Faithful Creator

God alone can look into another person's heart. And my wifes mine (lol)

2 Chronicles 6:30 Then hear thou from heaven thy dwelling place, and forgive, and render unto every man according unto all his ways, whose heart thou knowest; (for thou only knowest the hearts of the children of men:)

Hebrews 9:14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

Active
Lentz Hence why we do not open our mouths!!!! He cannot read our thoughts, but he sure can hear our voice! If I say, "Boy I am really hurting for money!!" You just gave him the right to tempt you!! So, when I am hurting for money, I pray to the Lord in my mindset only!!! THIS WORKS!! I follow his Word when he says this!!(1 Cor 14:15!!) The Lord has never failed me in this!! When one opens their mouth, they can block themselves from receiving!! HOW?? DOUBT!! I know!!! I have done it myself!! But we learn!! Blessing!!

The brain is open source. No firewall. Electromagnetically operated (just like wireless). Mind reading technology is old news.

It's extremely difficult for folks to overcome their normalcy bias. Even when presented with the facts, they will fight to the end in defense of their conditioning.

By acknowledging the existence of normalcy bias and actively working to overcome it, people can become better prepared and equipped to handle unexpected and dangerous situations. This includes being vigilant, staying informed, and having contingency plans in place for various scenarios.

I believe it is Biblical that demons and the devil can take a measure of any person and does. There is the scripture where some men tried casting out demons in the name of Paul and the demons answer Jesus I know and Paul I know but who are you? The demons cave the would be exorcists a serious beating. Now how did the demons know who Paul was and who Jesus was but knew these exorcists were powerless? Somehow they knew.

Loyal
There is what I call "the court of public opinion". Every human has this in their mind so we can hear the voices of not only our spirit but the voices of other spiritual beings. As it is written......

1Co 14:10 There are, it may be, so many kinds of voices in the world, and none of them is without signification.

Meaning that every "voice" has an "agenda", "purpose", and "meaning" behind it. We can not stop these voices from speaking to us, but we can stop from meditating on them. This is why we are to determine their purpose in our lives. Do they edify and build us up or are they there to try and deceive us into believing something not true. Our spiritual battle is in battling these deceptive thoughts.

2Co 10:3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
2Co 10:4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)
2Co 10:5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Using the spiritual weapons of the Word of God in "casting down these thoughts", and imaginations that are contrary to the revealed knowledge of God to the obedience of Christ"

Last edited:
How then can he tempt?
I will write you what Jesus has taught me, so that you may know the inner workings of what you ask. But please for your own sake, do not say anything that could be blasphemous about the Holy temple of God in response, cause the Temple is Holy.

In the Holy Temple of God there are the seven lamps before the throne :

“And from the throne proceeded lightnings, thunderings, and voices. Seven lamps of fire were burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God.”

In a person who is turned to God all the seven lamps will shine in unison, in the white light of our Father.

All seven lamps have different functions of control, a person who is in full control of the white light of God will thus act in accordance with Jesus two commandments:

Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

The way we are supposed to love ourselves is to love the child of light, not our own darkness, and that is also how we should love others.

So for example when it comes to Love, a man who is controlled by the white light, who has chosen God will not have a love full of conflict, because his heart, mind and soul, his attraction and will to unite, will all be replaced by the light of God, since he is a child of light, The White Light of our Father.

Such a man when it comes to women could only love a sister in Christ, and there will be no doubts or contradictions about it, as long as they are sister and brother in Christ. He who is in Father.

On the other hand, he who turned his back to God, it will act as a prism, it will divide the white light of our Father into the seven colors of the rainbow, in him the seven lamps of the Holy Temple of God will shine in different conflicting colors.

In him there will not be peace, he may be attracted to a woman that he does not even like, knowing in his mind that it does not make sense, but still devoting himself to it, being a slave to the flesh

satan is the divider, he will divide from within, destroying all that is beautiful for that person, who turned his back to god. There will never be unity, since seven different colors will divide that person in seven times seven times.

9Early on the first day of the week, after Jesus had risen, He appeared first to Mary Magdalene, from whom He had driven out seven demons.

So we must turn our back to satan, we must follow Jesus to the desert for 40 days, where He turned his back to satan, to show us the way. Then we will be turned to God, in Him there is unity, His is the Holy Spirit that is One, His is the white light that is One, He is Love.

Love is the way to union: 37Jesus declared, “ ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ 38This is the first and greatest commandment.

What we love, we are attracted to, what we are attracted to we will unite with:

20 On that day you will know that I am in My Father, and you are in Me, and I am in you. 21 Whoever has My commandments and keeps them is the one who loves Me. The one who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and reveal Myself to him.”

Last edited:
Active
As Lucifer is one of the most powerful angels, evil, he is the creator/mastermind of manipulation and deception.
He is not all-knowing but given what he can do he knows our sins, which ones we fail to, which we can fight easily, and those we are so easily chained by.
He may know his future, but he wants as many of us to be in misery, pain, and who knows what else with him.

Active
Only way that could happen would be if I spoke out loud I was going to willfully sin against God to someone. That won’t happen.
Does it happen with you?
OF course!! What you have to remember is that satan isn't stupid, and neither are his people. They're privy to your spoken communications, they know what your interests are, what you read, and how you spend your time, what your hobbies are, and how passionate you are about them. They're there when you talk to yourself in private, and in public. They know when you're lying, and when you're telling the truth.AND they know where all your "Hot buttons are, because you've already showed them, so they don't have to "Read your mind". You've already told 'em everything they need to know.