• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Rapture Top Dogs Admit no Proof Exists.

Active
It was Jesus a Jew, who lived under the Law and yet started the church

Matthew 16:18
And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
1Pe 2:5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.
1Pe 2:6 Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.
1Pe 2:7 Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,
1Pe 2:8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.
1Pe 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:
1Pe 2:10 Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

Heb 12:18 For ye are not come unto the mount that might be touched, and that burned with fire, nor unto blackness, and darkness, and tempest,
Heb 12:19 And the sound of a trumpet, and the voice of words; which voice they that heard intreated that the word should not be spoken to them any more:
Heb 12:20 (For they could not endure that which was commanded, And if so much as a beast touch the mountain, it shall be stoned, or thrust through with a dart:
Heb 12:21 And so terrible was the sight, that Moses said, I exceedingly fear and quake:)
Heb 12:22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,
Heb 12:23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,
Heb 12:24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

Loyal
so the question is who belongs to Israel ?? only Jewish people?? are not nations composed of more then one race? could Israel Paul is speaking of be a spiritual Israel?

are we not all called?

Romans 9:6
But it is not as though the word of God has failed. For not all who are descended from Israel belong to Israel,

Loyal
@ Dave M -- Israel is Israel -- wouldn't being 'spiritual Israel' suggest that being born again means becoming Israel / Jewish -- that since Jesus Christ was born into the Jewish culture that born again believers become Jewish, too? No, they / we / don't.

All born again believers become one in Christ --through the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.

I'm agreeing with you.

All born again people become part of the Body of Christ. No matter what their cultural background is.

Active
Have you ever read in Scripture what it means to be a true Jew

A true Jew is one whose heart is circumsized. So if you are in love with God then your heart is already circumcised and you have become what a true Jew is whether you think you're a Jew or not , you are
Grafted in gentiles are still gentiles. Even Jews that have bern removed can be grafted back in, yet they remaim Jews. Jews and gentile saints are children of God, but Jews are natural and gentiles are adopted, full heirs, but still gentiles.

Active
Grafted in gentiles are still gentiles. Even Jews that have bern removed can be grafted back in, yet they remaim Jews. Jews and gentile saints are children of God, but Jews are natural and gentiles are adopted, full heirs, but still gentiles.
Christian's are not heathens, ( gentiles) we are the children of The Most High. God is our Father.
Here in the USA we see folks dividing Americans by nationality, skin color, etc. We can clearly see the confusion and destruction it is causing. Why o why do so many strive to divide God's from each other. We are one people, one body, one Saviour.
Scripture will follow when I am able to set at the desk computer. Pray fully soon .

Active
Christian's are not heathens, ( gentiles) we are the children of The Most High. God is our Father.
Here in the USA we see folks dividing Americans by nationality, skin color, etc. We can clearly see the confusion and destruction it is causing. Why o why do so many strive to divide God's from each other. We are one people, one body, one Saviour.
Scripture will follow when I am able to set at the desk computer. Pray fully soon .
Sister,

I hear you, and I understand your angst over the term gentile. Commonly speaking, in the Judeo-Christian worldview, there are Jews and there are gentiles. The term gentile is from the Greek word ethnikos and from the Latin gentilis, each of which refers to people other than Jews. God's WORD makes a clear ethnic distinction between descendants of Israel and all other peoples. And while the word gentile has some ambiguity to it, often being used to describe those not in the body of Christ, it is also used to refer to non-jews receiving the blessing of promise: Galatians 3:14 "So that in Christ Jesus the blessing of Abraham might come to the Gentiles, so that we might receive the promised Spirit through faith."

While we are all descended from God's very first created beings, God chose Abraham to be a people and nation set apart from the rest of the world. Abraham could be called a gentile since it would not be until his great grandchild, Judah, that the term Jew would be given to God's chosen people.

Given the foregoing, gentiles that are born again Christians are still not literal Jews, but are adopted children of God grafted into the tree that God chose when HE chose Abraham. We are many ethicities all in one body - the Body of Christ.

Blessings.

Loyal
@Reba1 -- The Jewish people are God's chosen -- salvation offered to them 1st. And then to the Greeks meaning to everyone else. Through salvation 'we' are brothers and sisters in Christ. But not everyone born are God's children. In the beginning God created everything, and then mankind -- Adam and then Eve. We are all created as human beings. But not all human beings are sons and daughters of God.

Because of the Tower of Babel -- we Do have many nationalities -- some are a different color -- and the different colors Do make for a certain amount Of division. That only causes confusion and destruction as we allow it to.

I grew up in Iowa -- Waterloo -- the Cedar River divided Waterloo into the East and West side. The West side was caucasion the East side predominatly black with a subdivision farther out of caucasion families. So -- I Did grow up With that division. Mostly the black population did Not interact with the white population. I grew up in that 'separation' -- not dislike -- just separate. Spent my entire life in 'white' towns/ cities.

I really have nothing for Or against people of different color. Just that I've not been around much of any color except 'white'.

We are Also told to get along peaceably with all when possible. We are all human beings with a variety of personalities -- some get along fine, others don't. Sometimes we will experience good, positive chemistry with others and some Won't.

There are Not people that I take a dislike to.

Active
Sister,

I hear you, and I understand your angst over the term gentile. Commonly speaking, in the Judeo-Christian worldview, there are Jews and there are gentiles. The term gentile is from the Greek word ethnikos and from the Latin gentilis, each of which refers to people other than Jews. God's WORD makes a clear ethnic distinction between descendants of Israel and all other peoples. And while the word gentile has some ambiguity to it, often being used to describe those not in the body of Christ, it is also used to refer to non-jews receiving the blessing of promise: Galatians 3:14 "So that in Christ Jesus the blessing of Abraham might come to the Gentiles, so that we might receive the promised Spirit through faith."

While we are all descended from God's very first created beings, God chose Abraham to be a people and nation set apart from the rest of the world. Abraham could be called a gentile since it would not be until his great grandchild, Judah, that the term Jew would be given to God's chosen people.

Given the foregoing, gentiles that are born again Christians are still not literal Jews, but are adopted children of God grafted into the tree that God chose when HE chose Abraham. We are many ethicities all in one body - the Body of Christ.

Blessings.
God in Gal 3:7 makes no distinction between who are the children of Abraham.
To my understanding the Blood of Christ makes us one. Much changed at the Cross . There is a scripture speaking of first the natural then the spiritual. When one is of Christ he is not a gentile not a heathen he is a child of God

Active
@Reba1 -- The Jewish people are God's chosen -- salvation offered to them 1st. And then to the Greeks meaning to everyone else. Through salvation 'we' are brothers and sisters in Christ. But not everyone born are God's children. In the beginning God created everything, and then mankind -- Adam and then Eve. We are all created as human beings. But not all human beings are sons and daughters of God.

Because of the Tower of Babel -- we Do have many nationalities -- some are a different color -- and the different colors Do make for a certain amount Of division. That only causes confusion and destruction as we allow it to.

I grew up in Iowa -- Waterloo -- the Cedar River divided Waterloo into the East and West side. The West side was caucasion the East side predominatly black with a subdivision farther out of caucasion families. So -- I Did grow up With that division. Mostly the black population did Not interact with the white population. I grew up in that 'separation' -- not dislike -- just separate. Spent my entire life in 'white' towns/ cities.

I really have nothing for Or against people of different color. Just that I've not been around much of any color except 'white'.

We are Also told to get along peaceably with all when possible. We are all human beings with a variety of personalities -- some get along fine, others don't. Sometimes we will experience good, positive chemistry with others and some Won't.

There are Not people that I take a dislike to.
Nor am i speaking in racist terms The Jewish religion is antiChrist I am speaking of Jewish religion not the peoples .
1Jn_2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
1Jn_4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
2Jn_1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

The Jewish people are God's chosen -- salvation offered to them 1st. And then to the Greeks meaning to everyone else. Through salvation 'we' are brothers and sisters in Christ. But not everyone born are God's children. In the beginning God created everything, and then mankind -- Adam and then Eve. We are all created as human beings. But not all human beings are sons and daughters of God.

Rom 2:28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
Rom 2:29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

My leg will not take anymore setting so i must leave the computer back to putting the leg above my heart.. Please join me in prayer for the total healing of this blood clot mixed with cellulitis ...

Last edited:
Loyal
@Reba1 -- regarding the blood clot and cellulities -- assume you've been to the Dr. with that?! Nothing to mess around with. As I'm sure you know.

Loyal
We know God refers to the Jews as " His Children ". And we refer to God as " Our Father " .

It isn't a matter of Race that makes up the Children of God, it is where the heart is at.

Loyal
Those are foreign to the uncorrupted word of GOD! The Jewish nation was never referred to has the "Children" GOD! To state should a thing by The Hebrew nation was considered "pure Blasphemy'! That was One of The main reasons they "Crucified" Jesus. The Hebrews were called throughout the Biblical text of the Old Testament "The People of GOD" not The "Children of GOD". Many of the english speaking christians still do do understand the "english language" grammar, english syntax. in written form If many could understand "Koine Greek" these type of errors would never come to be. Teaching errors for the Truth of GOD WORDS. The Jewish people have never, ever call themselves the "Children of GOD", The Bible calls them "His People" "a People of GOD" design for a specific purpose. Why do i have to explain this truth, to christians, for it is plainly recorded throughout "Holy Scripture"! It is "Terrifying" to me to hear "Christian" proclaim so much untrue statements, "Horrifying"! And no one says one word. like it does not matter! I am appalled! For many are "check" and Crucified by the masses, for Proclaiming the Unadulterated Truth of GOD's Holy and Divine WORD. But falsehood and false teaching Goes uncheck and defended by many christians, for unbelievers don't care about what you say about GOD, They Have no arguments the world does't care what you say! But there is another Group that Proclaims an adulterated Truth, about Jesus and His Word. And Have lead many astray in the name of JESUS, and have went unchecked.
(Titus 1)ASA
10For there are many unruly men, vain talkers and deceivers, specially they of the circumcision, 11whose mouths must be stopped; men who overthrow whole houses, teaching things which they ought not, for filthy lucre's sake. 12One of themselves, a prophet of their own, said, Cretans are always liars, evil beasts, idle gluttons. 13This testimony is true. For which cause reprove them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith, 14not giving heed to Jewish fables, and commandments of men who turn away from the truth. 15To the pure all things are pure: but to them that are defiled and unbelieving nothing is pure; but both their mind and their conscience are defiled. 16They profess that they know God; but by their works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate."

PS To be A "Child of GOD" you must be born into it, by a heavenly birth and not a earthy Birth. And "The WORD" had to take on "Human Flesh: 1st, Live a perfect life according to "The Commandments" given BY "ALMIGHTY GOD", Then 2ND "The WORD" had to died a " Horrifying Human Death" by Taking on all of the sins of this world,, and stay dead for 3 days and 3 nights, Then 3rd "THE WORD" had to raise His own self From The Grave. 4th He had to return back to Heaven where He came from and SEND The "Holy Spirit" to earth, and The "Holy Spirit" finally arrived on the Day of Pentecost , More Powerful than a "Locomotive" and His "Train" filled our "TEMPLE". He gave us The Power to be Called The "Sons of GOD".:) Born of GOD, The rights to be called the "Children of GOD". Yes it did Take all THAT, to become and called the "Children of GOD"! For we are a "peculiar" people. A special people, Hidden in the OLD then reveal in the NEW Covenant'
(1 Peter 2)ASV
9But ye are a elect race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for God's own possession, that ye may show forth the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvellous light: 10who in time past were no people, but now are the people of God: who had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.
11Beloved, I beseech you as sojourners and pilgrims, to abstain from fleshly lust, which war against the soul; 12having your behavior seemly among the Gentiles; that, wherein they speak against you as evil-doers, they may by your good works, which they behold, glorify God in the day of visitation.
(John 1).ASV
10He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him. 11He came to His own, and those who were His own did not receive Him. 12But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name, 13who were born not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

The Simplicity of "Jesus Christ" the Son of The Living GOD. 1st Born of a New Creation.

(Romans 8)ESV
29For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers.30And those whom he predestined he also called, and those whom he called he also justified, and those whom he justified he also glorified.

Hallelujah!