• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Rapture Top Dogs Admit no Proof Exists.

Dear Dave L,
By the Title, and your first post in the thread....I sort of believe the above was your intent before posting it, but clearly you didn't write it in a way that would have had the reader understand that it was your purpose for doing so.

My suggestion would be to start another thread, that clearly outlines the subject, and lay out what your position is with Scriptural support. Including both sides, as clearly as you understand them to be, so that those who either agree/disagree can add or take away that which would be helpful to their growth/understanding in Eschatology/God's Word.

Lord willing great insight and learning would come of it.

With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
\o/
<><
This post is on topic. How is it not?

Staff Member
This post is on topic. How is it not?
Dear Brother,
I answered the question you posed to me. Now you want me to justify my answer to your question, which you clearly didn't like or understand? :)
Do as you will brother. Only trying to help.
YBIC
Nick
\o/
<><

Dear Brother,
I answered the question you posed to me. Now you want me to justify my answer to your question, which you clearly didn't like or understand? :)
Do as you will brother. Only trying to help.
YBIC
Nick
\o/
<><
Are you a Dispensationalist? It will help me understand your position which I do not understand presently. The Rapture is a key doctrine of Dispensationalism I am linking together in this post. If you want to remove it, it's between you and the Lord. I did my part in posting it.

Blessings.

@Dave L -- well -- the rapture is Scriptural. The timing of it is the only question.
You end up with two raptures. Scripture mentions only one on the last day after the resurrection. Are you adding to God's word? Do know what happens to you if you do? DO you know where the pre-trib rapture came from? Or how old it is?

Loyal
@Dave L -- how does a person end up with two raptures? 1 Thessalonians 4:13 -18 -- that is the rapture being talked about.

There is nothing evil about a pre-trib rapture.

@Dave L -- how does a person end up with two raptures? 1 Thessalonians 4:13 -18 -- that is the rapture being talked about.

There is nothing evil about a pre-trib rapture.
Are lies evil? It remains a lie until proven by scripture. Note, the top dogs can't prove it, the gist of my post. The only rapture happens after the resurrection on the Last Day according to Jesus and Paul.

Loyal
Where do you get two raptures From? So -- you're suggesting that the rapture won't take place until After the tribulation of 7 yrs.?

Active
If you cannot support the pre-trib rapture with scripture, how can you have faith in it?

TOTALLY Unimportant. What I have FAITH in is that my SIN IS FORGIVEN / CLEANSED through my FAITH in the SIN OFFERING of Jesus on the cross.

The "Rapture" is another "Theological construct" based on an interpretation of 1 Thess 4:16-18. That's to say that it's "only theology". All God's Chilluns gots "theologies". WHEN I hear God shouting, and an angel blowing a trumpet, then I'll go. But since i'm 78, and in lousy health, chances are I'll watch the festivities from the OTHER side of the grass - unless He gets a SERIOUS move on!!

TOTALLY Unimportant. What I have FAITH in is that my SIN IS FORGIVEN / CLEANSED through my FAITH in the SIN OFFERING of Jesus on the cross.

The "Rapture" is another "Theological construct" based on an interpretation of 1 Thess 4:16-18. That's to say that it's "only theology". All God's Chilluns gots "theologies". WHEN I hear God shouting, and an angel blowing a trumpet, then I'll go. But since i'm 78, and in lousy health, chances are I'll watch the festivities from the OTHER side of the grass - unless He gets a SERIOUS move on!!
Truth is not important? God sends strong delusion to any who think that way.
“And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.” 2 Thessalonians 2:10–12 (KJV 1900)

Loyal
@Dave L -- do you believe in a post-tribulation rapture of the Church? The Church does Not stay here -- it Does get taken up to meet Christ in the air -- and that is separate from Christ's 2nd coming to this earth. And the Church does return with Jesus Christ for the 1,000 yr earthly reign. Well -- for Sure the born again believers who have been martyrs will reign with Jesus Christ.

Staff Member
Are you a Dispensationalist? It will help me understand your position which I do not understand presently. The Rapture is a key doctrine of Dispensationalism I am linking together in this post. If you want to remove it, it's between you and the Lord. I did my part in posting it.

Blessings.
Dear Brother Dave L,
You did nothing in explaining yourself, but I will explain myself to you so that you can have complete understanding.
Continue to push, I'll swap hats and do as you have asked.

YBIC/Moderator
\o/
<><

Dear Brother Dave L,
You did nothing in explaining yourself, but I will explain myself to you so that you can have complete understanding.
Continue to push, I'll swap hats and do as you have asked.

YBIC/Moderator
\o/
<><
What do you mean by this? Is it a threat?

Dear Brother Dave L,
Private Message forthcoming.
Nick
\o/
<><
“But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Ye know that the princes of the Gentiles exercise dominion over them, and they that are great exercise authority upon them. But it shall not be so among you: but whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister; And whosoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant: Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.” Matthew 20:25–28 (KJV 1900)

Truth is VERY Important. Man's "THEOLOGY", on the other hand shouldn't be confused with "TRUTH", since it's often nothing but variations in interpretation.
Are you supporting this? A direct quote from Hal Lindsey related to my post?

"The prophecies can be pieced together to make a coherent picture, even though the pieces are scattered in small bits throughout the Old and New Testaments.
Hal Lindsey," 'The Late Great Planet Earth' 1970 (Chapter 4)

Do you support this type of exegesis?

Loyal
@Dave L -- do you believe in a post-tribulation rapture of the Church? The Church does Not stay here -- it Does get taken up to meet Christ in the air -- and that is separate from Christ's 2nd coming to this earth. And the Church does return with Jesus Christ for the 1,000 yr earthly reign. Well -- for Sure the born again believers who have been martyrs will reign with Jesus Christ.

Hopefully you'll respond back to this.

Hopefully you'll respond back to this.
Scripture mentions only one translation (rapture) of the saints. It happens on the last day after the resurrection. Here's proof.

The rapture;

“For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.” (1 Thessalonians 4:16–17)

“Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.” (1 Corinthians 15:51–53)

But it happens after the resurrection. Which happens on the last day

“In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.” 1 Corinthians 15:52 (KJV 1900)

“Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.” (John 5:28–29)

“And this is the Father’s will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.” (John 6:39)

“No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him, and I will raise him up on the last day.” John 6:44 (HCSB)

“so man lies down and does not rise; until the heavens are no more, they will not awake nor arise from their sleep.” (Job 14:12) (NET)