Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Talk Jesus Statement of Faith

Status
Not open for further replies.
If He is not a person of His own, His own entity, then He is an empty shell filled with the Glory of the Father.

Show me how I'm wrong!
Jesus Christ is understood as God manifest in the flesh, fully divine and fully human. This we agree on.
What we apparently don't agree on is I believe that God is Indivisible and inseparably one. Which I don't know why in light of these Scriptures.

Deuteronomy 6:4 "Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD."
Isaiah 44:6 "Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God."
Isaiah 45:5 "I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me."
Isaiah 45:21-22 "Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me. Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else."
Deuteronomy 4:35 "Unto thee it was shewed, that thou mightest know that the LORD he is God; there is none else beside him."
Deuteronomy 32:39 "See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand."
1 Kings 8:60 "That all the people of the earth may know that the LORD is God, and that there is none else."
2 Samuel 7:22 "Wherefore thou art great, O LORD God: for there is none like thee, neither is there any God beside thee, according to all that we have heard with our ears."
1 Chronicles 17:20 "O LORD, there is none like thee, neither is there any God beside thee, according to all that we have heard with our ears."
Mark 12:29 "And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord."
Mark 12:32 "And the scribe said unto him, Well, Master, thou hast said the truth: for there is one God; and there is none other but he."
John 17:3 "And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent."
Romans 3:30 "Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith."
1 Corinthians 8:4 "As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is none other God but one."
1 Corinthians 8:6 "But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him."
Galatians 3:20 "Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one."
Ephesians 4:6 "One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all."
1 Timothy 2:5 "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus."
James 2:19 "Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble."

I affirm that Jesus Christ was truly human, with all the essential components of humanity, including a human soul. I don't deny Christ's humanity but rather emphasize that the one God manifested Himself in human form.

The divine and human natures are united in the person of Jesus Christ without confusion or separation. This includes Jesus having a human soul.

I don't reduce Jesus to merely a divine appearance but recognizes Him as fully experiencing human life, including possessing a human soul. So the "empty shell" comment is not applicable because Jesus is fully divine and fully human, with both natures coexisting in His person.

Bible teaches that Jesus Christ was truly human, possessing all essential components of humanity, including a human soul. He experienced human emotions, needs, and limitations, which are indicative of a complete human existence.

Greetings,

Eleven pages so far.

May I ask,
Once I have built my house, can I do away with the foundation?

Bless you all ....><>

For the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.

But the LORD is in His holy temple: let all the earth keep silence before Him.

Habakkuk 2:14 & 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back