Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

What to expect in hell

What to expect in hell

• Annihilation - Instant destruction

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Universalism - Suffering for a while and then united with Jesus

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Eternal torment - Limited suffering, not such a bad place, mostly pet friendly

• Eternal torment - limited suffering, a horrible environment, no pets

• Eternal torment - torturous, excruciating pain and suffering, no pets

Votes: 21 72.4%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Why not start at the... BEGINNING!
Adam was created as a SOUL (not ANYTHING immortal).
He and his wife DIED (just as God said they would)- not having any 'immortal soul' flitting off to another destination.

Sheol / Hades literally mean "grave, pit", and then you have RELIGIOUS definitions that say OTHERWISE.
I agree in the beginning God declared his law. Do not eat of one tree or you will in dying to come a end (dead.) There is no law that says a person will suffer for ever.

There is no life after one takes their last breath . In dying we carry out the judgment. "Its appointed to die once" then comes the end the death of death and the flesh and blood return to the dust and temporal spirit given under the law returns to the Father of all spirit life..

Limbo and purgatory where created to cover up those who do despite to the grace of Christ. Dead is Dead. Sufferings is sufferings. Jesus was wounded suffered unto death (not dead) for our sin.

The criminal records associated with the great white throne event depicted at Rev
20:11-15 likely will be used to not only condemn people's actions, but also to prove
that the people themselves are not the caliber of folk with whom God prefers to
associate.

For example: God isn't comfortable with dishonesty. So if the records show that
someone is capable of deception, then they will be barred from heaven.

Ps 15:1-3 . . Lord, who may dwell in your sanctuary? Who may live on your holy
hill? He who speaks the truth from his heart and has no slander on his tongue, who
does his neighbor no wrong and casts no slur on his fellowman. He who does these
things will never be shaken.
_

The criminal records associated with the great white throne event depicted at Rev
20:11-15 likely will be used to not only condemn people's actions, but also to prove
that the people themselves are not the caliber of folk with whom God prefers to
associate.

For example: God isn't comfortable with dishonesty. So if the records show that
someone is capable of deception, then they will be barred from heaven.

Ps 15:1-3 . . Lord, who may dwell in your sanctuary? Who may live on your holy
hill? He who speaks the truth from his heart and has no slander on his tongue, who
does his neighbor no wrong and casts no slur on his fellowman. He who does these
things will never be shaken.
_
The reward is the same for all believers eternal life .

The same with the appointment to die once . It has to do with the dying we are experiencing daily the wage of sin death. I don't think it will be double jeopardy retrial rather than annihilation the end of the matter for the unbeliever .

You asked about what hell is like.

The wrath from God that you speak of is not Hell, not even close.

Those in hell do not get God's wrath, like you are implying, for them it would be a break. Hell is much worse.

At least in God's wrath, God is still present. But in hell, God is not present

Hi Bill, just nitpicking. Why do you say God is not present in hell? I would say He is.

Psalm 139:7-10

Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your presence? If I ascend to heaven, You are there; If I make my bed in Sheol, behold, You are there. If I take the wings of the dawn, If I dwell in the remotest part of the sea Even there Your hand will lead me, And Your right hand will lay hold of me.

Why not start at the... BEGINNING!
Adam was created as a SOUL (not ANYTHING immortal).

Disagree.

Adam was created a human, the first human. A human consists of three parts. Body, mind (aka soul) and spirit 1 Thess 5:23.

He and his wife DIED (just as God said they would)- not having any 'immortal soul' flitting off to another destination.

Disagree. They continued to live out their life on earth. Their spirits would have made their way to Hades. Awaiting judgement day.

All good and evil people will meet with God at either the Bema Seat or White throne judgement John 5:29.

Sheol / Hades literally mean "grave, pit", and then you have RELIGIOUS definitions that say OTHERWISE.

This is irrelevant. Hades / Sheol is thrown into the lake of fire Rev 20:14.

All that is relevant is what happens in the lake of fire. There is plenty scripture that talks to eternal suffering for those therein. You will find these if you read through the first few pages of this thread.

Last edited:
I agree in the beginning God declared his law. Do not eat of one tree or you will in dying to come a end (dead.) There is no law that says a person will suffer for ever. There is no life after one takes their last breath . In dying we carry out the judgment. "Its appointed to die once" then comes the end the death of death and the flesh and blood return to the dust and temporal spirit given under the law returns to the Father of all spirit life..

Most annihalionists' hold to this belief in an attempt to represent God as a good God. One who does not torture anyone. There is however, just too many scriptures that mention eternal torment. We need to accept it as a fact and rather closer examine those scriptures from Jesus and prophets that are used to depict the horrors of hell, as I have done in my OP.

Rev 20:10 And the devil who deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are also; and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Matt 25:46 These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.

Dan 12:2 Many of those who sleep in the dust of the ground will awake, these to everlasting life, but the others to disgrace and everlasting contempt.

Limbo and purgatory where created to cover up those who do despite to the grace of Christ. Dead is Dead. Sufferings is sufferings. Jesus was wounded suffered unto death (not dead) for our sin.

You say ''dead is dead'' and then state that Jesus did not die? Care to explain?

Roman soldiers stabbed Him with a spear and all saw blood and water flow out. John 19:34

I agree in the beginning God declared his law. Do not eat of one tree or you will in dying to come a end (dead.) There is no law that says a person will suffer for ever.

There is no life after one takes their last breath . In dying we carry out the judgment. "Its appointed to die once" then comes the end the death of death and the flesh and blood return to the dust and temporal spirit given under the law returns to the Father of all spirit life..

The Bible makes it clear, there are 'TWO' deaths for some people. The first death, we all face. The second death, only some will face.

Rev 2:11; 'He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. He who overcomes will not be hurt by the second death.'
Rev 20:6; Blessed and holy is the one who has a part in the first resurrection; over these the second death has no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with Him for a thousand years.
Rev 20:14; Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire.
Rev 21:8; "But for the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death."

Of course you can only face the second death, after you've already faced the first death.. otherwise, it wouldn't be the second.

Matt 25:46; "These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."

The word "eternal" is in this verse twice... eternal life... eternal punishment ( the second death ) It's the exact same word in the Greek both places. If there is no eternal punishment, then there is no eternal life.

ts appointed to die once" then comes the end the death of death

It's really not a good idea to try to mix two different scriptures out of context.
Heb 9:27; And inasmuch as it is appointed for men to die once and
after this comes judgment,
After the first death, comes judgment. Every non-saved person since the beginning of time will face the judgment. ( The saved will also, but slightly different ).

1Cor 15:25; For He must reign until He has put all His enemies under His feet.
1Cor 15:26; The last enemy that will be abolished is death.

There will come a time, probably after/during the millennial reign, people won't die anymore. I don't have the exact timing of this down yet.
But just as saints live forever, the non-saved also live forever.

If you think about it. When the new heaven and new Earth replace the current ones, everyone will be dead. That is, everyone will have died at least once.
We will be alive in Christ with new bodies, .. but technically we will have died before that point. So there will be no more "first-death".

Also there will be no-more new "second deaths". However those sentenced to the second death, will keep on facing the torment of the second death.. forever and ever.

Most annihalionists' hold to this belief in an attempt to represent God as a good God. One who does not torture anyone. There is however, just too many scriptures that mention eternal torment. We need to accept it as a fact and rather closer examine those scriptures from Jesus and prophets that are used to depict the horrors of hell, as I have done in my OP.

Rev 20:10 And the devil who deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are also; and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Matt 25:46 These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.

Dan 12:2 Many of those who sleep in the dust of the ground will awake, these to everlasting life, but the others to disgrace and everlasting contempt.

You say ''dead is dead'' and then state that Jesus did not die? Care to explain?

Roman soldiers stabbed Him with a spear and all saw blood and water flow out. John 19:34

Hi thanks for the reply.

Sorry in andante for rambling

Not a salvation issue more of what I call a hope of hearing better as he gives us his written spiritual understanding . Not to destroy the simplicity of the gospel but enrich the purpose of encouraging us strengthening us yoked with him..

I see it just the opposite there are many reasons I believe supports it. There are no scriptures that speak of sufferings after death as if not literally dead (spirit separate of body) The dead after one takes their last breath of oxygen

Its this body that must die as the wage of sin . . the appointment all make ..In dying dead. Not like Satan the father of purgatory and limbo. You a shall really not die look at my beauty and live forever .

In his mercy God granted time 70 -80 years the age spoken of in Psalms of corruption today (God corrupted the whole creation).in his mercy he gave temporal time

Death. . . . separation of body and spirit (dead)

Hebrews 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

The punishment is eternal. . never to rise to new born again life.

Both the parable of Jesus and Jonas are used to define the word "hell" which is sufferings unto death not dead never to rise.

Both Jonah who was forced to do the will knowing God would have mercy having experienced it himself .He hated the Ninevites .and jesus who delighted to do the will of the father during the promised three day and night demonstration. In both cases The father prevented the bodies from separating from the spirit of life or breath of life. When it became unbearable (unto death) they submitted unto the father and called out for strength . again they are parallel passages as parables . What one teaches the other the same. Three days and nights promised demonstration of the lamb slain from the foundation of the world the 6 days the father did work his mercy .

The metaphor "belly of the whale" . . . "belly of hell: the same as the metaphor "heart of the earth" (sufferings of Christ with the Son of man Jesus . by whom wounds (not dead) we are healed .

like used with Abel's blood it sufferings awaiting the promise of the new incorruptible cries out out from the heart of the earth like all saints . Hell equals sufferings not dead never to rise to eternal life. ,

Jonah 2:2 2 And said, I cried by reason of mine affliction unto the Lord, and he heard me; out of the belly of hell cried I, and thou heardest my voice.

The beginning of the promised three days and nights demonstration of the father striking the Son of man jesus bruising his heel.It began in the garden of Gethsemane .Possibly a picture or parable of restoring what was lost in Eden.

There the father began pouring out the wrath of mankind striking the Son of man, Jesus bruising or wounding his heel. . crushing the head of the serpent .There fore fulfilling the prophecy of Genesis 3:15 with or mixed with Isaiah 53.

Three times . . .suffering unto death (not dead never to rise) Jesus looked for strength and encouragement from the apostles .Three times the father put them to sleep in order to fulfil prophecy ."salvation" the work of two .One seen the other eternal God.

Then they moved on to the second part the hill of the skull. Hills and mountains are used to represent kingdoms of men. the skull the bloody kingdoms of men kingdoms that wrestle against flesh and blood .Hill that provide no power of the Spirit as those yoked with Christ. The bloody a demonstration to the world , the garden the fulfillment of prophecy prophecy for the believer signs to wonder after non believers. then they move to the last part of the three days and nights demonstration ,the tom the demonstration of faith

Three days the father kept the body from corrupting to the point of not rising as spoken of in the Psalms and reminded of below.

Acts 2:31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.

His soul did not continue to suffer .Just as in the same way with Lazarus it seems God knew ahead of time of those who hold to a trinity doctrine . He brings Lazarus into the mix four days the father strengthened Lazarus.
I would think one of the sadmonets the shortest verse . "Jesus wept" at the misunderstanding .Being the most misunderstood person that ever walked on earth .He revealed to them that being asleep in Christ is called dead .Not dead never to rise .to kinds, same coin .one hidden in parables

The three day demonstration the last part in the Tomb the Lord removed the grave clothed and rolled back the stone. With lazarus he had them roll back the stone and remove the stinky grave clothed . a parable welcoming in a new believer . The parable with Jesus . The Lord welcoming all believers

Matthew 26:37-39King James Version And he took with him Peter and the two sons of Zebedee, and began to be sorrowful and very heavy. Then saith he unto them, My soul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death: tarry ye here, and watch with me.
And he went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.

John 11:35 Jesus wept.

John 11:41-44 Then they took away the stone from the place where the dead was laid. And Jesus lifted up his eyes, and said, Father, I thank thee that thou hast heard me. And I knew that thou hearest me always: but because of the people which stand by I said it, that they may believe that thou hast sent me.And when he thus had spoken, he cried with a loud voice, Lazarus, come forth. (what I call The wake up call:) . And he that was dead ( asleep) came forth, bound hand and foot with graveclothes: and his face was bound about with a napkin. Jesus saith unto them, Loose him, and let him go

The second death the death of death itself. there will be no letter of the law (thou shall not or you are dead ) it wil be tosed into the judgment fire of God never to rise and sondem through courution another entire creation.

2 Corinthians 3:5-7King James Version Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God; Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life. But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:

Death as or with hell is sufferings. dead is dead never to rise to new spirt life.

Revelation 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Again in came from a old testament oral tradition of men that needed to extend life beyond thier last breath creating limbo and Purgatory doctrines that do despite to the fullness of Christ grace . . .( eternal life).

The doctrine of wondering ,doubting not believing exercising one's faith. Believer receive the end of thier new born again faith from the first hearing of his labor of love working in us.

well from what I read in the bible. Jesus went to Hell and Job prayed to go there. Therefore I don't believe its a place of suffering because Job was already suffering. And Jesus was NOT a bad person. Bad people go to Hell?

well from what I read in the bible. Jesus went to Hell and Job prayed to go there. Therefore I don't believe its a place of suffering because Job was already suffering. And Jesus was NOT a bad person. Bad people go to Hell?

Job didn't ask to go to hell, hell is not Sheol and Sheol is not hell. Hell was inside Sheol, but so was Paradise, they were separated by a deep chasm.
Now it could be debated whether Job was following the will of God when he prayed that or not.

Jesus visited hell, but he isn't there now.
Jesus has authority over hell and has the keys to it. He is more like the warden than a convict.

Rev 1:18; and the living One; and I was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of death and of Hades.

I would offer.

Jesus suffered the pangs of hell just like Jonah , both cried out for strength to endure and finish the work assigned to them .God does not commune with the dead .that's a purgatory limbo doctrine . . . life after one takes thier last breath

It clearly does despite to the fullness of grace the whole cost of salvation . we do not receive a unknown remnant of grace except for som queen of heaven that the jew passed down to the Roman sect the doctrine as a law of mankind of wondering, wondering, wondering never coming to a end . . .faith .

Hi Bill, just nitpicking. Why do you say God is not present in hell? I would say He is.

Psalm 139:7-10

Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your presence? If I ascend to heaven, You are there; If I make my bed in Sheol, behold, You are there. If I take the wings of the dawn, If I dwell in the remotest part of the sea Even there Your hand will lead me, And Your right hand will lay hold of me.
Yes, yoked with Christ our daily sufferings can be made lighter with a future living hope of a new body that will not suffer the pangs of death the death of sufferings. We can say with confidence . . .give us this day our daily bread, knowing we have his power working with us to carry it through .

The food the disciples knew not of John 4:33-34King James Version Therefore said the disciples one to another, Hath any man brought him ought to eat Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work.

Allegretti's Inferno was written in Latin and employs onomatopoeia as a translation device to illustrate through the spoken word what certain archaic Greek writers meant by calling a number of places along the Eastern coast of the Mediterranean by certain names in their own language. Greece had military and trade ties to Israel, and fought in the Trojan Wars, which I'm sure you heard located before by highly practiced Hebrew scholars with mind-blowingly large Arabic vocabularies who can explicate the locations of Alexanders campaigns as far east as India.

You don't need to worry about it. Just as God set the rainbow in the as a sign that there would never be another worldwide flood, rest assured that there will never be another Trojan War in the middle East.

FAQ: What if I was born dishonest?

REPLY: You mean like Ps 58:3, which says:

"The wicked are estranged from the womb; these who speak lies go astray from
birth."

Well; that's pretty serious.

Rev 21:8 . . . All liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and
brimstone, which is the second death.

FAQ: But I'm not a degenerate liar. I'm basically honest and lie only on occasion.

REPLY: No, you are basically dishonest-- the meanwhile managing your natural
impulses; keeping their control over you to a minimum.

But let's face it: liars don't need a rule book, instead; they need a miracle to
liberate them from themselves so they don't end up on the wrong side of things. In
other words: they need an overhaul from top to bottom and inside and out, i.e. a
full and complete renovation to get rid of that lying streak they were born with.
_

Interesting perspective on John 14:13 If only you would hide me in the grave and conceal me till your anger has passed! If only you would set me a time and then remember me.

At the time of Job, Sheol was divided. Abrahams bosom was a pleasant place therein Luke 16:14-31. We know from the words of Jesus that the rich man was in an unpleasant place.

Regarding Jesus. Most interpret Eph 4:7-10 as Jesus descending to Abrahams bosom and taking all therein with Him to heaven.

This makes the most sense as those in the bad part of Sheol would reject Jesus. So, scripture does not state Jesus went to 'hell' as in a 'bad' place.

I would not say 'bad' people go to 'bad hell'. I would be more specific and say that 'unrepentant' people do. If sin = bad, we are all bad. There is a world of difference between a bad person who repents of their sin verse someone who does not.

Interesting perspective on John 14:13 If only you would hide me in the grave and conceal me till your anger has passed! If only you would set me a time and then remember me.

At the time of Job, Sheol was divided. Abrahams bosom was a pleasant place therein Luke 16:14-31. We know from the words of Jesus that the rich man was in an unpleasant place.

Regarding Jesus. Most interpret Eph 4:7-10 as Jesus descending to Abrahams bosom and taking all therein with Him to heaven.

This makes the most sense as those in the bad part of Sheol would reject Jesus. So, scripture does not state Jesus went to 'hell' as in a 'bad' place.

I would not say 'bad' people go to 'bad hell'. I would be more specific and say that 'unrepentant' people do. If sin = bad, we are all bad. There is a world of difference between a bad person who repents of their sin verse someone who does not.

God does not comune with those who are spiritually dead the same as literally dead for natural unredeemed mankind.. No man can serve two good teaching masters . (1) The living God and (2) the dead oral tradition of men that do despite to the fullness of grace the cost of salvation.

Hell is death never to rise. It is the wage of sin . Death as in dying in the end . The letter of the law as it is written (thou shall not) death is the judge

God could of immediately when they ate of the fruit of death destroyed the whole creation. But in his mercy and grace provided us a temporal light

Not limbo or purgatory to give the illusion there is life after one takes their last breath of oxygen

It is the appointment we are working out sufferings in dying. . Those yoked with Christ some will rise. The daily suffering of these bodies of death. . . the load is lightened. .There will not be two trials. Double Jeopardy.

Hebrews 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

The hiding or keeping in secret is the hand of God protecting . Many time he would hide a believer until his wrath passed by . The idea that Job a born again believer would ask a set time was a reminder not to forget about him .

He moved Elijah from the cave with the small voice . . "Elijah get out your work is not finished yoked with me. . you have more suffering to do . Or like when the father removed the grave clothes from the Son of man, Jesus . and rolled back the stone. . the demonstration was over .

Job 14:13 WEB “Oh that you would hide me in Sheol, that you would keep me secret until your wrath is past, that you would appoint me a set time and remember me!

The promise from the father the father would keep the body of the Son of man Jesus from corrupting to the point of no return and also Lazarus used in parallel gospel . 4 days of sleeping healing with Lazarus.

The shortest verse. Jesus wept. Jesus suffering the pangs of hell I would think the most misunderstood person that ever walked on earth and lonely .His own family wrote him off just as the apostles in search of . ."who is the greatest." say cheese. lol . .

The Son of man jesus the most misunderstood person that ever walked on eat He wept at the unbelief. Jesus had already said he was asleep .They were given no faith to understand like all parables it was hid from them revealed to us as a warning to look beyond the flesh to the promise of a new body that will not age in dying or come to a end . The death of death.

Psalm 17:8 Keep me as the apple of the eye, hide me under the shadow of thy wings,

The promise below that was fulfilled on the last part of the three days and nights promised demonstration . Part three not seen the walk by faith part. in the Tomb. There the father continued to strengthen Jesus's dying flesh.The father working in Jesus preventing his body from corruption to the point of no return .

The the father removed the grave clothes and rolled back the stone to show the whole world the power of his work of faith as a labor of His love. Believer trusted the prophecy the promise of genesis 3:15 mixed with Isaiah 53. The father and son alone the demonstration in the garden . Again the second demonstration moving on to the hill of the skull the bloody demonstration a sign to the world in a hope of drawing men to the bible. God's living word the book of prophecy.

Thou will not leave as written in the Psalms below. . it recognizes the father that is giving life has not left. God does not speak to the literally dead. Christian. . . dead is dead asleep waiting for the wake up call .Like Lazarus . . Rise . . .and it was very good. Roll back the stone and it was rolled back as good. Remove the grave clothes and it was all very good.

The power of Christ's faith the power of God.

Psalm 16:10 For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

He is a God who hides himself he awakens his love giving us a desire and strength to follow. . . to will and to do.

Job 23:9 On the left hand, where he doth work, but I cannot behold him: he hideth himself on the right hand, that I cannot see him:

Rev 20:13 . . I saw the dead, and they were judged, every one of them

That verse says that "every one" of them were judged. Well; I don't know precisely
how many every one will eventually number, but let's say that it's 100,000.

If each of these 100,000 cases were to take an hour to complete, we'd be looking
at roughly 4,167 calendar days, i.e. 11½ years-- that's if the judging by a solo
judge goes around the clock 24/7/365.

According to Daniel 7:13-14, John 5:22-3, and Acts 17:31, Messiah has been
designated to preside at the event. However, there's reason to suggest that he
won't be handling every case himself.

1Cor 6:2-3 . . Do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if the
world is judged by you, are you not competent to constitute the smallest law
courts? Do you not know that we shall judge angels? (cf. Matt 12:28)

Moses was assisted in his judicial duties by a select group of Jewish men. (Ex
18:17-26) It's possible that certain among Messiah's followers will be recruited to
serve as judges with him in the same manner, which will expedite his case load
considerably.

There's a few points related to that scene worth special mention.

1» According to Jude 1:14-15 the dead will be given a fair trial.

2» According to Matt 12:36, every word that the dead have spoken will be used as
evidence both against them and/or for them; not just their serious words, but also
their careless words.

3» The scene doesn't depict one future out of a variety of possible futures; no, it
depicts the actual future.
_

Rev 20:13 . . I saw the dead, and they were judged, every one of them

That verse says that "every one" of them were judged. Well; I don't know precisely
how many every one will eventually number, but let's say that it's 100,000.

If each of these 100,000 cases were to take an hour to complete, we'd be looking
at roughly 4,167 calendar days, i.e. 11½ years-- that's if the judging by a solo
judge goes around the clock 24/7/365.

According to Daniel 7:13-14, John 5:22-3, and Acts 17:31, Messiah has been
designated to preside at the event. However, there's reason to suggest that he
won't be handling every case himself.

1Cor 6:2-3 . . Do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if the
world is judged by you, are you not competent to constitute the smallest law
courts? Do you not know that we shall judge angels? (cf. Matt 12:28)

Moses was assisted in his judicial duties by a select group of Jewish men. (Ex
18:17-26) It's possible that certain among Messiah's followers will be recruited to
serve as judges with him in the same manner, which will expedite his case load
considerably.

There's a few points related to that scene worth special mention.

1» According to Jude 1:14-15 the dead will be given a fair trial.

2» According to Matt 12:36, every word that the dead have spoken will be used as
evidence both against them and/or for them; not just their serious words, but also
their careless words.

3» The scene doesn't depict one future out of a variety of possible futures; no, it
depicts the actual future.
_
I would offer the Revelation 20 reference is in respect the last day under the sun judgment day as well the rapture the former things have come to pass. The judgment had come

They were judged and found guilty according to thier kind of works (self righteous) under the letter of the law "thou shalt not or you will die . They ate of the forbidden fruit suffered hell a lifetime of sufferings and died . Suffering the pangs of hell was not part of the original design it was the result of violated the letter of the law . Thou shalt not or sufferings in dying coming to and end of life.die

Revelation 20: 12-13 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged (past tense) out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell (death through suffering) delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

They were judged names were not found. its not a second trial. Jesus strengthened by the father is the only one that passed the first trial .by his wounds (bruised heel) we are healed.

Death in dying is sufferings the pangs of hell .We have the good treasure of His power working in us but there is no power in dying .

Death according to the letter of the law . . . .sufferings . . .dying . .dead. Yoked with Christ the suffering of hell our daily bread is made lighter.

Revelation 20:14-15 And death and (with) hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

The former things of God his written the word the sword of the Spirit will not be remembered or ever come to mind . the death of death itself the Bible the letter of the law .

The tongue of life and death those who love it eat of its fruit .By the fruit of self righteousness he is not known .Again every man according to their works. works show where the power came forms . Works of God not of dying mankind.

1Kings 22:18-23 . . I saw the Lord God sitting on His throne, and all the host of
heaven standing by Him on His right and on His left. And Jehovah said: Who will
entice Ahab to go up and fall at Ramoth-gilead? And one said this while another
said that.

. . .Then a spirit came forward and stood before The Lord and said: I will entice
him. And The Lord said to him: How? And he said: I will go out and be a deceiving
spirit in the mouth of all his prophets. Then He said: You are to entice him and also
prevail. Go and do so. Now therefore, behold, The Lord has put a deceiving spirit in
the mouth of all these your prophets; and Jehovah has proclaimed disaster against
you.

Now that's scary. Can you just imagine the horror of being targeted like that and
not aware of it! (cf. 2Thess 2:8-12)
_

1Kings 22:18-23 . . I saw the Lord God sitting on His throne, and all the host of
heaven standing by Him on His right and on His left. And Jehovah said: Who will
entice Ahab to go up and fall at Ramoth-gilead? And one said this while another
said that.

. . .Then a spirit came forward and stood before The Lord and said: I will entice
him. And The Lord said to him: How? And he said: I will go out and be a deceiving
spirit in the mouth of all his prophets. Then He said: You are to entice him and also
prevail. Go and do so. Now therefore, behold, The Lord has put a deceiving spirit in
the mouth of all these your prophets; and Jehovah has proclaimed disaster against
you.

Now that's scary. Can you just imagine the horror of being targeted like that and
not aware of it! (cf. 2Thess 2:8-12)
_
I've run across it. Don't forget to "Be in the world but not of it." Some people want to open branch churches in their houses, taking advantage of the fourth amendment. I've it's really knowingly false, libel, or slander, embezzling from an already established church of press larceny, the pamphleteer who do it will be careful to keep the secret close by targeting their home study group invitations. If you get one, always ask yourself where you've seen the pamphleteer before, and why he might think that you will be willing to join his countercultural cause. Be discreet and check into his known connections. Protect yourself from legal blackmail by politely avoiding his talks and declining his booklets.

Back