Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

What to expect in hell

What to expect in hell

• Annihilation - Instant destruction

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Universalism - Suffering for a while and then united with Jesus

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Eternal torment - Limited suffering, not such a bad place, mostly pet friendly

• Eternal torment - limited suffering, a horrible environment, no pets

• Eternal torment - torturous, excruciating pain and suffering, no pets

Votes: 21 72.4%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
POSIT: Christ is compassionate and would never run an eternal torture mill for his
lost sheep.

REPLY: Christ doesn't have any lost sheep. All those that God entrusted to His

son's care are safe and sound.

John 10:9 . . I am the gate; whoever enters through me shall be saved.

Were Christ a so-so shepherd; then he wouldn't dare say "shall be" saved; no, he'd
have to tone it down a bit and say "can be" saved. That would leave him some
room for error. But when Christ says "shall be" he's claiming a 0.0% failure rate.

FAQ: Why can't the sheep up and run away of their own free will?

REPLY: Well; they wouldn't get very far because the Father's free will trumps the
sheep's free will.

John 6:39 . .This is the will of the one who sent me; that I should not lose
anything of what He gave me.

So then, were Christ to lose even one of the sheep, he would disappoint the one
who sent him. But Christ never fails to satisfy his Father's expectations.

John 14:31 . . That the world may know that I love the Father, and as the Father
gave me commandment, even so I do.

John 8:29 . .The one who sent me is with me. He has not left me alone, because I
always do what is pleasing to Him.

Were Christ to lose even one of the sheep in his care, he wouldn't be able to say
that he "always" does what is pleasing to God. He might claim some of the time, or
even most of the time, but never all the time.

When people say that it's possible for Jesus to lose sheep; they are not only casting
a vote of no-confidence in his reliability, but also his Father's approval rating.

Matt 3:16-17 . . As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At
that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a
dove and lighting on him. And a voice from heaven said; "This is My son, whom I
love; with him I am well pleased."
_

Deut 27:26 . . Cursed be anyone who does not confirm the words of this law by
doing them.

Something that should be emphasized is that the curse is irrevocable; so it's very
important to come to grips with it; and the sooner the better.

Matt 5:18 . . For assuredly, I say to you: till heaven and earth pass away, not
one jot or one tittle will by any means pass from the law till all is fulfilled.

In other words: whoever deserves that curse is absolutely certain to get it.

In point of fact, Deut 27:26 is grammatically present tense rather than future,
indicating that the curse is instant-- no delay and no waiting period. i.e. it's already
on the books hanging over people's heads like a guillotine just waiting for the man
in charge to give the executioner a signal to let go the rope keeping the blade in
check.
_

Here in America, even the worst among the worst have the right to an attorney,
and if they can't afford one, the system will appoint a public defender for them.

But in the fiery sector of Hades; people are abandoned. For example: the names of
Abraham and Lazarus are given in Luke 16:19-31, but the rich man's name isn't
given. He's a forgotten man.

Prov 10:7 . .The memory of the just is blessed: but the name of the wicked shall
rot.

Christ's followers have the advantage of a competent defender 24/7/365

Rom 8:33-34 . . Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen?
It is God who justifies. Who is he that condemns? Christ Jesus who died? More than
that, who was raised to life; who is at the right hand of God and is also interceding
for us?
_

FAQ: According to Rev 20:14, John saw Death discarded in a lake of fire. Well;
death is an abstract. How then can it be spoken of as an object that can be picked
up and thrown like a baseball or a javelin?

REPLY: That passage is likely speaking of Death as a category consisting of
everything and anything one can possibly imagine that God considers dead to
Himself, i.e. whatever it is with which and/or with whom, He prefers not to
associate.

In that respect, the lake of fire could be thought of as a sanitary landfill, viz: there's
a really big Spring cleaning on God's to-do list.
_

Hell is a society where evil is neither discouraged nor restrained; so we have to
expect that when new folks arrive there they will be subjected to discord, hatred,
meanness, factions, cliques, mistrust, prejudice, bias, caste systems, double
standards, partiality, racism, sexism, favoritism, deceit, surmising, dishonesty,
gossip, slander, sarcasm, cynicism, ridicule, envy, rivalry, resentment, gossip,
character assassination, slander, complaining, confrontations, quarrels,
assertiveness, heated debates,

. . . chafing, trickery, grudging, stonewalling, bitterness, silent treatments,
revenge, stubbornness, cold shouldering, snobbery, egotism, dominance,
demeaning comments, pecking orders, gangs, arrogance, attitudes, subterfuge,
treachery, betrayal, suspicion, conceit, vanity, superiority complexes, depression,
melancholy, antisocial behaviors, sociopaths, toxic rejoinders, smart-Alek retorts,
snide remarks, and quite possibly violent brutality so cruel and so terrible that if it
were possible to die from it; people would.
_

Judas goats are trained for use in slaughterhouses and herd control. In stockyards,
they lead sheep to slaughter; and are also used to lead other animals to specific
pens and on to trucks. The term is a reference to the biblical traitor Judas Iscariot.

The phrase has also been used to describe goats utilized to locate feral goats
targeted for eradication. They're usually outfitted with a transmitter, painted in red
and then released. The goats then locate the remaining herds of feral goats,
allowing hunters with tracking devices to find and exterminate them. The red paint
marks the goat with the transmitter so the hunters know which one not to shoot.

You know what can be even worse than going to Hell? Your own children following
you there: and they trusted you.

Here's a sort of cute story I heard once. I don't know if it's true but I guess it's
plausible.

A farmer went out to the barn in the dead of night after a snowfall to sneak a pull
from his secret liquor bottle. Just as he got to the barn door he heard something
behind him. Turning, the farmer recognized his little boy coming towards him. In
amazement he asked the little guy how he ever managed to find his way out to the
barn in the dark. His son replied: It was easy; I walked in your footprints.

One can only imagine the anguish that parents in the netherworld must feel
knowing that they inadvertently raised their children in an ideology that led them
down a road to the infernal regions and all the while sincerely believing themselves
doing the right thing. In other words: they actually Judas-goated their children to
follow mom and dad down there. For some families, the only thing they have to
look forward to in the afterlife is a sad reunion in fire and despair.
_

Luke 16:22-25 . . It came to pass that a rich man died, and was buried. And in
Hades lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham on the other side of an impassible
barrier. And Abraham said: Son, remember . . .

I should think that one of the negative aspects of perdition is memory. How people
down there retain their memories sans the brain cells they left behind with their
corpse, I don't know; but they do. Apparently God has some sort of file transfer
protocol that silicon valley has yet to discover.

The older one gets, the more memories they accumulate, and many of those
memories haunt us with terrible regret. Well; some folks' regrets can be
rationalized, but for others; their past will forever be an albatross hung around their
neck.
_

Also, "hell is a place of torture" comes with a caveat - it's not a place of torture for humans who just return to dust after death, but it IS a place of torture for Satan and his fallen angels. They can't be annihilated, it goes hand in hand with #4. If you don't have the Holy Spirit, then you're possessed by Satan's unclean spirit, that becomes your identity, and that unclean spirit goes down in hell for eternal damnation.

@Jonathan_Gale Just to clarify, you believe all humans are annihilated and the fallen angels are eternally tortured?

Gen 6:5 . . God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that
every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

The thoughts of the heart are somewhat different than the thoughts that go
through the mind; and are often blocked out, viz: "repressed"; defined as a mental
process by which distressing thoughts, memories, or impulses that may give rise to
anxiety are excluded from consciousness and left to operate in the unconscious, i.e.
the subconscious which, in Freud's opinion, is a repository for socially unacceptable
ideas, wishes or desires, traumatic memories, and painful emotions.

Matt 15:19 . . Out of the heart proceed evil thoughts

So then, it's not how your mind works that defines you, no, it's how your heart
works that really defines you; and a man's heart is easily capable of hoodwinking
his own consciousness.

Jer 17:9 . .The human heart is most deceitful and desperately wicked. Who really
knows how bad it is?

God is able to peer into the heart's contents. That means He will be confronting
people with things about themselves that they suppressed and kept under wraps all
their lives; and that's why I sometimes say only a fool would take their chances
with God. They have no clue the extent of the psychological tsunami they're
walking into.
_

I found this thread and thought it would be interesting. What to expect in hell. I'd marked the last box. God's Word tells us that hell has been created for Satan, the beast and the false prophet. A lake of fire and brimstone in total dark and there will be knashing of teeth. And it will last for ever. It will be as eternal as heaven . The only reason that anyone else ends up in hell is because they won't accept God's way to stay out. By accepting Jesus Christ as their personal Savior. That's each person's own decision.

Dead bodies decompose, aka, "ashes to ashes, dust to dust", depending on whether the body is cremated or buried. What part of that is hard to follow?

It is because a human is not just flesh.

A human is mind, body and spirit.

@KingJ. It's the flesh part of a person that dies and either us buried in a casket or is cremated. The soul part is what goes to either hell waiting for judgment or with Jesus Christ for eternity.

Note:
To this world, world people who knows absolutely nothing about "The Mysterion"

They believe a person, consist of A "body a Soul [flesh] and A spirit". but not so.

Revealed In The "MYSTERION" The LORD has revealed to us. A human consists only a "Body" and A "SOUL", The BODY was made out of Dirt which returns to dirt. Next, the text of A translation of The "Original Copied Manuscript" may treat the word "Soul and Flesh" is the same. The soul and flesh is the same word. Now a person who has not been "BORN FROM ABOVE" not Born again, The proper translation should be "BORN From ABOVE" Meaning easily = "BORN FROM HEAVEN" "BORN of GOD" and Not by A Human being. Then That person is "NEW CREATURE" He is not a Human anymore in the Inside of The Body. Now inside it The Humans Body has become a "Spiritual Creature" and If this Has not Happen to a person who believes in Jesus that Person Has No idea what we are talking about, because that person knows nothing about a "SPIRITUAL CREATURE" it is impossible because that Person is Not A part of The BODy of CHRIST, Nor matter how much they know the Bible, Nor how Many times they go to church and pray they are not a "New CREATURE" no matter how many ways they have change their ways, no matter how much they love people. No matter how good they are, They Must be "BORN FROM HEAVEN" a REAL HEAVENLY BIRTH. You may call on Jesus all You want it means Nothing, Unless You have had A Real Spiritual BIRTH, From ABOVE, You Must be "BORN OF GOD" and A Dead person cannot Birth themselves, it is impossible for a person to impregnate themselves and cause themselves to become a new Creature Once you have had a New Birth,

Now Then you are "body, Soul And SPIRIT" Just like The Father The Son And The Parakletos" The Three is one. The Only thing we are waiting for is The time of The RAPTURE and At That MOMENT at a "TWINKLING of An EYE' we will be clothe with A BRAND NEW BODY, Now A Body that can House The SPIRIT which is The PARAKLETOS And Our SOUL! The SAME PARAKLETOS that Raise JESUS Up FROM THE GRAVE!

"There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body. 45And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a QUICKENING SPIRIT. 46Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that WHICH IS SPIRITUAL. 47The First Man Is Of The Earth, EARTHY: The Second Man Is The Lord From Heaven. 48As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly. 49And as We Have Borne The image of the earthy, We Shall Also Bear The Image Of The Heavenly." {Those have been "BORN OF GOD" and are TRAP in The Body of This FLESH" like a Egg trap in a Shell and we cannot wait to GET OUT! And be CLOTHE in Our Brand New "SPIRITUAL BODY" That will Be BRIGHTER than The SUN in Its FULLNESS and we will LIGHT UP ALL ETERNITY Brighter than The SUN! Each one of Us who are BORN OF GOD" For our GOD Is A CONSUMER FIRE" so will we be! :pensive: When will See Him, we shall be JUST LIKE HIM in "In The Very Image of GOD":pensive:

"THE TRUTH" is Brighter Than THE SUN in Its Strength It Blinds Humans when the LIGHT of GOD Shines on Them!

And I am going to say this By THE AUTHORITY OF THE GOD ALMIGHTY, I Know Many Are Are Christians And I Respect All Of Them, But Me, I Am Not A Christian!:pensive: But Right NOW! And In "The INDICATIVE">>>

King James Bible
Beloved, Now Are We The Sons Of God, And it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, We Shall Be Like Him; For We Shall See Him As He Is.

And I am PloughBoy
"And The LORD Knows I am Telling The TRUTH of GOD, 'The Gospel ACCORDING To Jesus Christ" And Not The Gospel of Jesus according to A MAN But The GOSPEL According to Jesus Christ who is The SALVATION of GOD and I am bearing, Carrying Good news!

King James Bible
"He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned."

PloughBoy, Carrying The Mail!:pensive:

Last edited:
What is the meaning of the Greek word MYSTERION in the Synoptic Gospels?

The Word "Mystery" Is Misleading, because in English it means "something strange or not known that has not yet been explained or understood." {1} The Greek word MYSTERION (μυστήριον) has a somewhat Different Meaning: it signifies something that was unknown in the past but Now Is Revealed To Certain People. Apr 13, 2020

Strong's Number G3466 matches the Greek μυστήριον (MYSTĒRION),
which occurs 27 times in 27 verses in the TR Greek.
View OT results in the LXX Greek concordance
View NT results in the MGNT Greek concordance
The actual words below Mysteries and Mystery are Actually the word "MYSTERION"! :)

TOOLS
Mat 13:11
He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries G3466 of the kingdom of heaven,but to them it is not given.
TOOLS
Mar 4:11
And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery G3466 of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables:
TOOLS
Luk 8:10
And he said, Unto you it is given to know the mysteries G3466 of the kingdom of God: but to others inparables; that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand.
TOOLS
Rom 11:25
For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of thismystery, G3466 lest ye should be wise in your own conceits;that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
TOOLS
Rom 16:25
Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to mygospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, G3466 which was kept secret since the world began,
TOOLS
1Co 2:7
But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, G3466 eventhe hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the worldunto our glory:
TOOLS
1Co 4:1
Let a man so account of us, as of the ministers of Christ,and stewards of the mysteries G3466 of God.
TOOLS
1Co 13:2
And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand allmysteries, G3466 and all knowledge; and though I have allfaith, so that I could remove mountains, and have notcharity, I am nothing.
TOOLS
1Co 14:2
For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh notunto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries. G3466
TOOLS
1Co 15:51
Behold, I shew you a mystery; G3466 We shall not all sleep,but we shall all be changed,
TOOLS
Eph 1:9
Having made known unto us the mystery G3466 of his will,according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed inhimself:
TOOLS
Eph 3:3
How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; G3466 (as I wrote afore in few words,
TOOLS
Eph 3:4
Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledgein the mystery G3466 of Christ)
TOOLS
Eph 3:9
And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, G3466 which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:
TOOLS
Eph 5:32
This is a great mystery: G3466 but I speak concerning Christand the church.
TOOLS
Eph 6:19
And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery G3466 of the gospel,
TOOLS
Col 1:26
Even the mystery G3466 which hath been hid from ages andfrom generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:
TOOLS
Col 1:27
To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery G3466 among the Gentiles; which isChrist in you, the hope of glory:
TOOLS
Col 2:2
That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together inlove, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the mystery G3466 of God, and of the Father, and of Christ;
TOOLS
Col 4:3
Withal praying also for us, that God would open unto us a door of utterance, to speak the mystery G3466 of Christ, forwhich I am also in bonds:
TOOLS
2Th 2:7
For the mystery G3466 of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
TOOLS
1Ti 3:9
Holding the mystery G3466 of the faith in a pure conscience.
TOOLS
1Ti 3:16
And without controversy great is the mystery G3466 of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
TOOLS
Rev 1:20
The mystery G3466 of the seven stars which thou sawest inmy right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the sevenchurches.
TOOLS
Rev 10:7
But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery G3466 of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.
TOOLS
Rev 17:5
And upon her forehead was a name written,MYSTERY, G3466 BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHEROF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.
TOOLS
Rev 17:7
And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel?I will tell thee the mystery G3466 of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and tenhorns.

I Hope this helps you,

PloughBoy, and always have tried to be your friend. :pensive: from day one.

It is because a human is not just flesh.

A human is mind, body and spirit.
Nope, a human is a soul, which is spirit in a body, based on Gen. 2:7. That's the biblical definition of life, period. Brain is not a separate organ apart from the body, it's sustained by the bloodstream, and it's connected with the gut microbes through the gut-brain axis. Your view is neither scientific nor biblical.

Genesis2:7 "and the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.

And where do you get Your informarion.

Back