Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

What to expect in hell

What to expect in hell

• Annihilation - Instant destruction

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Universalism - Suffering for a while and then united with Jesus

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Eternal torment - Limited suffering, not such a bad place, mostly pet friendly

• Eternal torment - limited suffering, a horrible environment, no pets

• Eternal torment - torturous, excruciating pain and suffering, no pets

Votes: 21 72.4%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Vs 13 of Revelation 20 well vs 12 says that the dead were judged according to their works , by the things which were written in the books. In otherwords -- the dead came back to life. They will be resurrected. Vs 13 the sea gave up the dead who were in it. And Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them and they were judged, each one according to his works. Vs 14 then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. This is the second time that people will Wish they were dead but will be in that environment forever.

@Butch5. How is the doctrine of man being misunderstood
The majority view is that of the Greeks. It's the idea that some part of man can live apart from the body. This is the concept that was held by the Greeks in NT times. It was carried over into Gnostic beliefs as well. And here today it is the primary Christian view.

The Bible teaches something very different.

Vs 13 of Revelation 20 well vs 12 says that the dead were judged according to their works , by the things which were written in the books. In otherwords -- the dead came back to life. They will be resurrected. Vs 13 the sea gave up the dead who were in it. And Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them and they were judged, each one according to his works. Vs 14 then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. This is the second time that people will Wish they were dead but will be in that environment forever.
Then it's not the second death is it? Continuing to live isn't death, it's eternal life. Where is eternal life promised to the wicked?

It's being in hell for all eternity. Just as life in heaven is forever so is life in hell forever.

The majority view is that of the Greeks. It's the idea that some part of man can live apart from the body. This is the concept that was held by the Greeks in NT times. It was carried over into Gnostic beliefs as well. And here today it is the primary Christian view.

The Bible teaches something very different.
So what does the Bible teach about the doctrine of man.

Yes. That is true. We all have a physical body. Body , soul and there are those who say -spirit also.
I tend to go with "soul and spirit " are the same. The soul part of a person is the part that 'falls in Love' and feels conviction and accepts Jesus christ as personal Savior. Being born spiritually.

Yes. That is true. We all have a physical body. Body , soul and there are those who say -spirit also.

I tend to go with "soul and spirit " are the same. The soul part of a person is the part that 'falls in Love' and feels conviction and accepts Jesus christ as personal Savior. Being born spiritually.

Actually, they are two different Greek and Hebrew words. Nephesh and psuche are translated soul and mean a living being or life. Neshamah, ruach, and pneuma, noe, are translated wind or breath. They are also figuratively translated spirit.

Apparently the last paragraph was from you.
Apparently there was an issue with the post. I posted this.

Actually, they are two different Greek and Hebrew words. Nephesh and psuche are translated soul and mean a living being or life. Neshamah, ruach, and pneuma, noe, are translated wind or breath. They are also figuratively translated spirit.

Matthew 8:29. The background is the two demon-possessed men , coming out of the tombs , exceedingly fierce, do that no one could pass that way. They were asking Jesus , they were recognizing Him to be the Son of God. They assumed He was there to torment them before their time in hell came in the future eternity.
It wasn't the two men asking Yeshua, Matt. 8:31 states it was the demons that possessed them at the moment begging Yeshua to cast them out into the swines.

Guess I wasn't clear about who I was talking about. The demons were speaking. They Assumed that which wasn't true at that time.

Guess I wasn't clear about who I was talking about. The demons were speaking. They Assumed that which wasn't true at that time.
Their time for torment is at the white throne judgement AFTER the period of the millennial kingdom, Rev. 20:11-15

Acts 2:31a . . his soul was not left in Hades

Classical Hades is divided into sections where the souls of the dead are assigned in
accordance with the quality of their pre-death existence. The worst section is a
deep abyss called Tartarus; which is utilized in the New Testament at 2Pet 2:4.

Luke 23:13 says Jesus' soul waited for his body's recovery in a better section of
Hades he called paradise; translated from a Greek word for parks and recreation,
i.e. an Eden.

According to Luke 16:23 the poor slobs over in the hell section of Hades can look
across to paradise and see what they're missing: sort of like street urchins looking
thru the window of a posh restaurant at what people have on their plates; which
speaks very loudly of want and privation.
_

@Beetow --well For one thing your Luke 23: 13 is "then Pilot when he had called together the chief priests ,, the rulers and the people". I'm pretty sure that that passage is not what you intended to use.

And the Luke passage was sharing with us the misery the rich man was in. He was asking Lazarus for a drop of water to cool his tongue because he was tormented in the flame. But Abraham told him that no one e can cross the Great gulf that separates the two sections.

People end up in the same section that the rich man was in Because they don't accept Jesus Christ as their personal Savior. A person needs to believe that Jesus Christ is God's Son.

And when Jesus Christ rose from the dead He took saved People out of the Paradise part and took them back up with Him. Since that time in history all born-again people are with Jesus immediately.

Back