• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

A Biblical verse on accepting our gay brethren: Acts 8:26-40

Active

RJ

Hi RJ,

By default The rich text editor is enabled and includes all those options. If you're on your desktop click on the rich text editor link right above the post reply button.

OK, if it is there I will find it, thanks!

Active

RJ

RJ the color is right of underline .. the tear drop looking thingy before font size
Well, I am in a Post Reply box, replying to you last post to me and can't find the tools yet....it's OK, Granpaw was slow but be he was old...I'll get it!

I am on a desk top PC and it is right above where I am typing this

B I U tear drop (Color)

I do not have a lap top so I can not test your theory..

We are soooo off topic..

Matthew 22:34 But when the Pharisees heard that he had silenced the Sadducees, they gathered together. 35 And one of them, a lawyer, asked him a question to test him. 36 “Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?” 37 And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. 38 This is the great and first commandment. 39 And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. 40 On these two commandments depend all the Law and the Prophets.”

Sin is sin and we are all sinners saved by the grace of God. Let us love God above all and love each other remembering to be patient and kind.

Active
I told myself not to return to this post But............. I never listen ... not even to me. I find the title of the post a bit misleading. Are you considered brethren before you are a Christian? Did God deliver you from your sins and you are still submersed in them? When I became a Christian God removed me from the sins of my life...... This is not to say I sinned or sin no more. It is to say that when I was in the world apart from my relationship with God I was submerse in the worldly garbage that is in opposition to Him. Now I live knowing the only one I do not want to see me sin I can't hide from. I no longer get away with anything. The more I read this post the more I see the desire to create a gray area with God. This is the same God that is the same yesterday today and forever.......... to think that sin of yesterday is not the sin of today would make Him a liar. It is man that creates or attempts to create the gray area with God but there is not one......... He is black and white ... no such thing as a fib or a white lie or stretching the truth God calls it a lie. Sin is sin and God hates it that will not change no matter how you twist scripture or how many people you get to agree with you it is God you have to answer to and He is not going to change. He does love but He is just.

HE IS GOD!

There are only two paths to travel
right and wrong
or
just and unjust
or
righteous and unrighteous.
Regardless of what name you give them
they are Godly
or
ungodly
Between the two there is nothing
no
gray area
no
allowances for any person
or
reason
Nothing short of the will of God
can ever be or turn in to anything Godly
The path of a Godly person is narrow
every choice in their life is an intersection
a
fork in the road
with only two options
I fall short under my power
Thank You Jesus for Your love
and
forgiveness
and
being my salvation
The only way for anyone to do Gods will
is
through Holy Spirit
Whom You sent me
Thank You Jesus

peter

Active

RJ

I do not have a lap top so I can not test your theory..

We are soooo off topic..

Matthew 22:34 But when the Pharisees heard that he had silenced the Sadducees, they gathered together. 35 And one of them, a lawyer, asked him a question to test him. 36 “Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?” 37 And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. 38 This is the great and first commandment. 39 And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. 40 On these two commandments depend all the Law and the Prophets.”

Sin is sin and we are all sinners saved by the grace of God. Let us love God above all and love each other remembering to be patient and kind.
Thanks for trying.
One caveat, I hope you can try to understand, that brings me back to my main point that I have tried to express.
Sin is sin yes.
All sinners are saved by grace alone, yes!
But here is the caveat: Though God / Jesus is the final judge of all, God's plan is clearly that the sinner can only be saved by recieving this grace. Part of recieving this grace and a exhibiting the fruit of the Holy Spirit in you, is a regenerated and repentant heart. The Old is gone and the new has come. All sinners are not saved whether they are paitent and kind or not, if they were, hell would be empty.
Therefore, a unrepentant / non-regenerated sinner is a clear sign of not being saved. What we are talking about is the difference between repentativeness / regeneration and wilfull sining.
I think one of our duties, where possible, with all patience and kindness, is to direct the unrepentant sinner towards God in hopes they will be regenerated away from their unrepentativeness and saved by grace.

God is holy.

We have all sinned

It is only by receiving the righteousness of Jesus that we can commune with our Creator. Believing His Love can overcome anything and He Loves us and knowing Him is what matters, we each have a life's journey that must be to reflect His love.

Redemption is for all who believe in the awesome power of Love.

Reminds me of a song....

"Love"
~PETRA~

Love is patient, love is kind
No eyes of envy, true love is blind
Love is humble, it knows no pride
No selfish motive hidden inside
Love is gentle, makes no demands
Despite all wrong, true love still stands
Love is holy, love is pure
It lasts forever, it will endure

[CHORUS]
Love knows when to let go
Love knows when to say no
Love grows in the light of the Son
And love shows the world that the Son of
Love has come

Love is loyal, believes the best
It loves the truth, love stands the test
Love is God sent in his Son
Love forgives all we have done

[CHORUS]

In this world where hatred seems to grow
True love goes against the flow
And becomes so hard to show

In this world where push turns to shove
We have strength to rise above
Through the power of His love
Lord, we need to know the power of Your love

[CHORUS]

I love that song...

And love shows the world that the Son of Love has come.

Let us love one another as He has loved us.

Ephesians 3

For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, 15 from whom every family in heaven and on earth is named, 16 that according to the riches of his glory he may grant you to be strengthened with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith—that you, being rooted and grounded in love, 18 may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, 19 and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.

20 Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen.