Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Limited atonement !

Here are some scriptures that confirm limited atonement, or that Christ died for only some, not all without exception.

Jn 10:15

15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

Eph 5:25

25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

Acts 20:28

28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

Eph 5:2

2 And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour. Cp Eph 5:25

Writing to the Church at Thessalonia 1:1; 1 Thess 5:9-10

Paul, and Silvanus, and Timotheus, unto the church of the Thessalonians which is in God the Father and in the Lord Jesus Christ: Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.

9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

10 Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him.
None if these confirm it. Because none of them say Christ died only for some. That's an assumption you're making.

There is no such thing as Christ dying for people and they not be reconciled to God completely, which is nothing short of Salvation !

Brightfame52, you've been doing this for years and been rejected for years, and you will continue to be rejected as long as the Scripture says that Christ is the satisfaction for our sins, and not ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

Christ died for everyone, but only those who accept Him as Savior will benefit from His death.

Brightfame52, you've been doing this for years and been rejected for years, and you will continue to be rejected as long as the Scripture says that Christ is the satisfaction for our sins, and not ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

Christ died for everyone, but only those who accept Him as Savior will benefit from His death.

I was just sitting here trying to remember how long ago it was when you and I had a long in depth discussion on this very topic.

It's been quite while and on another forum. You may not remember. Some things never change, you were on the defensive then and now.

Thats limited atonement., the Sheep

I have to wonder... what is the purpose of this thread? Let us for the sake of argument say you are right, and God picks who gets saved and who doesn't.
What is the purpose of this message?

"Haha, I'm saved and you're not!! It sucks to be you. You couldn't get saved even if you wanted to.
I'm going to heaven and you're not. Have a good time in the Lake of Fire."

Why is it so important ( 16 pages worth so far, and counting ) to tell some people they can't be saved?

Heb 12:17; For you know that even afterwards, when he desired to inherit the blessing, he was rejected, for he found no place for repentance, though he sought for it with tears.

Last edited:
There is no such thing as Christ dying for people and they not be reconciled to God completely, which is nothing short of Salvation !
Repeating your assertion doesn't answer the problem you have with the Subjunctive MIGHT reconcile, not has or will reconcile.

But you keep it up telling yourself over and over so that you think it's true.

A skip in a record keeps digging itself bigger.

Rhema

Matt 28:19; "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit,
Matt 28:20; teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age."

I wonder why Jesus told the disciples to evangelize the world? Why didn't He simply say, It's already been decided who is going to be saved, kick your shoes off and have a sip of lemonade.
You don't have to worry about it, God's already taken care of it. This almost seems to be a demonic message to take away evangelism.

Rom 10:12; For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, abounding in riches for all who call on Him;
Rom 10:13; for "WHOEVER WILL CALL ON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED."
Rom 10:14; How then will they call on Him in whom they have not believed? How will they believe in Him whom they have not heard? And how will they hear without a preacher?
Rom 10:15; How will they preach unless they are sent?
Just as it is written, "HOW BEAUTIFUL ARE THE FEET OF THOSE WHO BRING GOOD NEWS OF GOOD THINGS!"
Rom 10:16; However, they did not all heed the good news; for Isaiah says, "LORD, WHO HAS BELIEVED OUR REPORT?"
Rom 10:17; So faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ.
Rom 10:18; But I say, surely they have never heard, have they? Indeed they have; "THEIR VOICE HAS GONE OUT INTO ALL THE EARTH, AND THEIR WORDS TO THE ENDS OF THE WORLD."

Col 1:27; to whom God willed to make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.

It is the "hope of Glory" that Christ will be in us. In all of us. This predestination message almost seems to be a demonic message to take away people's hope.

1Jn 2:2; and He Himself is the propitiation for our sins; and not for ours only, but also for those of the whole world.

John 3:16; "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

"whoever" believes, not just a few chosen people.

1Tim 2:3; This is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior,
1Tim 2:4; who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.

God wants everyone to be saved.

2Pet 3:9; The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance.

Mark 16:15; And He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation.

The word "gospel" is in the New testament over 100 times in my Bible. What does gospel mean? The Good News! What is the good news? Everyone who wants to be saved, can be.

What is the mediocre news? Sorry, you won't all be saved. God didn't pick you or you. What is the bad news? God picked some of you to go to hell.

I wonder why Jesus didn't command anyone to give the mediocre news or the bad news. He only mentioned the "gospel" the good news.

It sounds to me like @Brightfame52 is a 5 point Calvinist and @Rockerduck is a 4.

The interesting thing about this is that 4point Calvinists do not hold to the L in TULIP.

The L is the worst ideology that @Brightfame52 is holding to and 'not' defending. Since many Calvinists are not 5 point, @Brightfame52 truly does need to respond more to his critics and defend his belief.

The reason most don't hold to the L is because partiality by a Creator who has mentioned suffering for the wicked in a lake of fire, would make Him the most evil Being to ever exist.

Partiality is wicked. 5 Point Calvinists make satanism look good.

You in error friend, grave error

Repeating your assertion doesn't answer the problem you have with the Subjunctive MIGHT reconcile, not has or will reconcile.

But you keep it up telling yourself over and over so that you think it's true.

A skip in a record keeps digging itself bigger.

Rhema
Its not a problem to me, but to you. It just states purpose

It sounds to me like @Brightfame52 is a 5 point Calvinist and @Rockerduck is a 4.

The interesting thing about this is that 4point Calvinists do not hold to the L in TULIP.

The L is the worst ideology that @Brightfame52 is holding to and 'not' defending. Since many Calvinists are not 5 point, @Brightfame52 truly does need to respond more to his critics and defend his belief.

The reason most don't hold to the L is because partiality by a Creator who has mentioned suffering for the wicked in a lake of fire, would make Him the most evil Being to ever exist.

Partiality is wicked. 5 Point Calvinists make satanism look good.
Nope. I'm a Wesleyan Higher life.

This was his attempt to help the sick and poor. Nothing to do with his beliefs.
People always make excuses for stupid things done by their heroes.

(And if that was stupid, what part of his beliefs might also be?)

So, maybe a false teaching is just an attempt to help the sick and the poor.

Thank you, I had never considered that level of stupidity before.

Rhema

Back