Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Limited atonement !

Reconciled to God based upon Non Imputation of their trespasses. When ?

When did God in Christ purpose not to impute their trespasses unto them ? Certainly it was before the world began ? How can we be certain from scripture ? Well if we read 1 Pet 1 we will fid that Christ redemptively had been foreordained before the world began 1 Pet 1:18-20

18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;

19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

20 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

What was He foreordained for before the foundation of the world ? To redeem certain sinners from their sins. What sins ? Sins that were laid to His Charge. Now if God purposed that Christ would come in time [be manifested] to redeem them from sin, it had to be determine that their sins would be charged to Him before the world began, which consequently means they re sins would not be charged to them before the world began, hence God was in Christ reconciling them to Himself not imputing their sins to them !

My apologies that my post confused you. But you have made assertions based upon grammar that you don't seem to understand. Unfortunately, I don't have the time to teach you Greek, and I don't believe that you have the inclination to learn.

(Well that certainly sounds confused to me.)

NO IT DOESN'T.

Are you the light of the world? OR...

Ye are the light of any aggregate or general collection of particulars of any sort. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.​
(Matthew 5:14 KJV)

I provide for you the LINK to the Liddell Scott Greek Lexicon for "World"
A IV. Philos., world-order, universe,​

Rhema
Bright, you can't make up your own definitions.
Apparently you haven't a clue what the definitions of world are from the lexicon kosmos:
  1. world affairs, the aggregate of things earthly
    1. the whole circle of earthly goods, endowments riches, advantages, pleasures, etc, which although hollow and frail and fleeting, stir desire, seduce from God and are obstacles to the cause of Christ
  2. any aggregate or general collection of particulars of any sort
    1. the Gentiles as contrasted to the Jews (Rom. 11:12 etc)
  3. G2889 - kosmos - Strong's Greek Lexicon (kjv)

Apparently you haven't a clue what the definitions of world are from the lexicon kosmos:
Your points 1 & 2 come from this source:
The Outline of Biblical Usage was created by Larry Pierce, creator of the Online Bible, and is used with permission. For further​
information on this tool, click here.​

So who the crap is "Larry Pierce"?
You'll note he bases his work on Thayer's Lexicon, which was obsolete before it was even published.
"Larry Pierce combined what Dr. Strong cited with Smith's Bible Dictionary and Dr. Thayer cited in his abridged Thayer's 1889 Greek-English Lexicon."​
Larry has no academic credibility as far as I can tell, but just pasted together pieces from other sources that are not the best, and even edited Thayer's work according to his own ideas.
"Online Bible also altered Thayer's definitions"​

But because Blue Letter Bible is on the internet it HAS to be right, eh? : unamused:

You then give point 3 -
But Strong never produced a lexicon. He produced a concordance and a numbering system for Greek words. THAT's why you see "STRONGS G2889:" under the title heading of "Thayer's Greek Lexicon". It's just telling you the Strong number for Thayer's entry.

So... apparently you haven't a clue how to read your own citation, or know a good lexicon from a bad one.

1. Larry Pierces notes are NOT a lexicon
2. Strongs is NOT a lexicon
3. Your citation is based on Thayer's lexicon, one that is not used by any credible scholar.

That's why I linked to a credible Greek Lexicon, the Liddell Scott as hosted by Tufts University Boston.

Rhema

The imperative Paul gives in 2 Cor 5:20

20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

Its not to all men without exception as some falsely assume and teach, but to them that God hasn't imputed sin unto Vs 19 and to them that by virtue of the fact Christ was made a sin offering for, and thereby made the righteousness of God in Him 2 Cor 5:21

21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

So the imperative in Vs 20

" be ye reconciled to God"is to men and women who have the righteousness of God charged to them or imputed, and this is the word of reconciliation or the Gospel preached to them Vs 19

19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation/Gospel.

And this Gospel or word of reconciliation reveals to them through the power of the Holy Spirit the righteousness of God they have imputed to them Rom 1:17

17 For therein[The Gospel] is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

So the imperative " be ye reconciled to God" is actually God through the preached word bringing the reconciled to Faith in Christ who has been made sin for them.

Faith cometh by hearing the word of reconciliation/Gospel Rom 10:17. They will come to believe it after God the Holy Spirit reveals it to them :

For therein[The Gospel] is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: The word for revealed here means:

1. to make known, make manifest, disclose what before was unknown

The righteousness of God they have by virtue of the fact that Christ was made sin for them, is not known naturally, but must must be revealed ! And so when revealed the Truth of it is received in the mind, will, and affections of that individual , and they commence the Life of Faith, for its written:

17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith. 4

Your points 1 & 2 come from this source:
The Outline of Biblical Usage was created by Larry Pierce, creator of the Online Bible, and is used with permission. For further​
information on this tool, click here.​

So who the crap is "Larry Pierce"?
You'll note he bases his work on Thayer's Lexicon, which was obsolete before it was even published.
"Larry Pierce combined what Dr. Strong cited with Smith's Bible Dictionary and Dr. Thayer cited in his abridged Thayer's 1889 Greek-English Lexicon."​
Larry has no academic credibility as far as I can tell, but just pasted together pieces from other sources that are not the best, and even edited Thayer's work according to his own ideas.
"Online Bible also altered Thayer's definitions"​

But because Blue Letter Bible is on the internet it HAS to be right, eh? : unamused:

You then give point 3 -

But Strong never produced a lexicon. He produced a concordance and a numbering system for Greek words. THAT's why you see "STRONGS G2889:" under the title heading of "Thayer's Greek Lexicon". It's just telling you the Strong number for Thayer's entry.

So... apparently you haven't a clue how to read your own citation, or know a good lexicon from a bad one.

1. Larry Pierces notes are NOT a lexicon
2. Strongs is NOT a lexicon
3. Your citation is based on Thayer's lexicon, one that is not used by any credible scholar.

That's why I linked to a credible Greek Lexicon, the Liddell Scott as hosted by Tufts University Boston.

Rhema
So you refuse the proof, thats on you

So you refuse the proof, thats on you
So you refuse the refutation of your proof, that's on you.

Neither you nor your "sources" have the right to change the definitions of words, or alter the grammar of the language. Yet they've done so, as I clearly pointed out.

Rhema

(For all else to know.)

The imperative Paul gives in 2 Cor 5:20

20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.
Why would Paul need to give a command in the imperative for people to do something if they were already saved by some "election" before creation?

That just doesn't make sense to sane people.

Rhema

Back