Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

What to expect in hell

What to expect in hell

• Annihilation - Instant destruction

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Universalism - Suffering for a while and then united with Jesus

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Eternal torment - Limited suffering, not such a bad place, mostly pet friendly

• Eternal torment - limited suffering, a horrible environment, no pets

• Eternal torment - torturous, excruciating pain and suffering, no pets

Votes: 21 72.4%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Garee, Catholics can put together a lot of scripture to support the belief in Purgatory. It is also a belief that is logical and one that paints God in a better light.

I don't see any scripture from you debunking Purgatory or the need for such a place.

You believe in annihilation. That is fine, better then most beliefs. However, how do you defend free will with such a belief?

Imagine I said to my bride, accept me or die. Annihilation may be better then a belief of eternal torture, but it does certainly not paint God as one who is 'righteous in all His ways Psalm 145:17'.

Catholics must worship a imaginary queen of heaven just like the Jewish fathers and kings in the old testament .

When confronted with the word of God coming from the true prophets sent as apostles like Jeremiah they would show their true nature as unconverted mankind and demand his and hers gods needed for (necromancy) communing with dead relatives familiar spirits . as if it was about equal rites and a female deity . The abomination of desolation making the word of God without effect with that tradition of queen of heaven

In the end making desolate the work of our one invisible Holy Father calling men on earth Holy Father , a legion of dead fathers what are called patron saints.

Jeremiah 44:15- Then all the men which knew that their wives had burned incense unto other gods, and all the women that stood by, a great multitude, even all the people that dwelt in the land of Egypt, in Pathros, answered Jeremiah, saying, As for the word that thou hast spoken unto us in the name of the Lord, we will not hearken unto thee. But we will certainly do whatsoever thing goeth forth out of our own mouth, to burn incense unto the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto her, as we have done, we, and our fathers, our kings, and our princes, (a hierarchy of dying mankind) in the cities of Judah, and in the streets of Jerusalem: for then had we plenty of victuals, and were well, and saw no evil.But since we left off to burn incense to the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto her, we have wanted all things, and have been consumed by the sword and by the famine.

The law of one kind of fathers buy your own way to heaven suffer and accredit it to the purgatory account .We must be care how we hear his understanding as he freely give us ears.

The idea of a Queen in heaven has nothing to with the word of God. Making the power of Christ's faith to no effect through the commandments of men. . No queen of heaven. . . no backwards women's lib. No need to imagine one is still alive after they take thier last breath.

Do you see anywhere in scripture where purgatory/limbo is life after one takes their last breath and continues to suffer with no end in sight ? Therefore doing despite to the fullness of grace (salvation) What would that have to do with Christianity?

Christians receive the end (salvation) from the beginning. Not a kick start in sufferings wondering with no end (salvation) in sight.

1 Peter 1:8-10 Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory: Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls. Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

We look back to that glory by the same power working in them as us . . no need to suffer after one takes thier last breath.

Catholicism teaches that the queen of heaven is visiting the protestants and is giving them comfort in thier sufferings wonder wonder wondering. .Catholicism a law of men does not sound like Christianity to me. More of a really dark place no light of the gospel .

The daily bread of our Father teaches us his will. It's the kind of food the disciples at first knew not of food both to hear and empoweri mankind to do to the pleasure of the father.

There is a lot more to consider but this is not the place to discuss it. ;)

Perhaps create a new thread or find one of the many in history to re-open.

You made this statement ''Based on your own teaching, that person would go to hell. But because God gives Grace to those who love him, even though a person dies in sin, God gives Grace to that person. Because he knows where that person's heart truly is.'' to which I replied. This is in context of the thread. This sounds like an OSAS belief, but can also be Calvinistic.

Do you believe in Calvinism? God cherry picking people for heaven? and annihilating those not picked?
I don't know what Calvinism is.

But I do think it's interesting, that you do not want to discuss the osas conversation, stating it is out of context. But ok to talk of Calvinism here, as if this (Calvinism) is still in context of the subject of Hell.

No, i think it is more, to be worried of a shootout with someone like me who knows scripture well enough to prove it as false teaching. As this is based on scripture and not anything to do with what religion i am.

Yes. It is a false teaching.

It is though the words of Jesus, that it is proven false

Catholics must worship a imaginary queen of heaven just like the Jewish fathers and kings in the old testament .

When confronted with the word of God coming from the true prophets sent as apostles like Jeremiah they would show their true nature as unconverted mankind and demand his and hers gods needed for (necromancy) communing with dead relatives familiar spirits . as if it was about equal rites and a female deity . The abomination of desolation making the word of God without effect with that tradition of queen of heaven

In the end making desolate the work of our one invisible Holy Father calling men on earth Holy Father , a legion of dead fathers what are called patron saints.

Jeremiah 44:15- Then all the men which knew that their wives had burned incense unto other gods, and all the women that stood by, a great multitude, even all the people that dwelt in the land of Egypt, in Pathros, answered Jeremiah, saying, As for the word that thou hast spoken unto us in the name of the Lord, we will not hearken unto thee. But we will certainly do whatsoever thing goeth forth out of our own mouth, to burn incense unto the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto her, as we have done, we, and our fathers, our kings, and our princes, (a hierarchy of dying mankind) in the cities of Judah, and in the streets of Jerusalem: for then had we plenty of victuals, and were well, and saw no evil.But since we left off to burn incense to the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto her, we have wanted all things, and have been consumed by the sword and by the famine.

The law of one kind of fathers buy your own way to heaven suffer and accredit it to the purgatory account .We must be care how we hear his understanding as he freely give us ears.

The idea of a Queen in heaven has nothing to with the word of God. Making the power of Christ's faith to no effect through the commandments of men. . No queen of heaven. . . no backwards women's lib. No need to imagine one is still alive after they take thier last breath.

Do you see anywhere in scripture where purgatory/limbo is life after one takes their last breath and continues to suffer with no end in sight ? Therefore doing despite to the fullness of grace (salvation) What would that have to do with Christianity?

Christians receive the end (salvation) from the beginning. Not a kick start in sufferings wondering with no end (salvation) in sight.

1 Peter 1:8-10 Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory: Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls. Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

We look back to that glory by the same power working in them as us . . no need to suffer after one takes thier last breath.

Catholicism teaches that the queen of heaven is visiting the protestants and is giving them comfort in thier sufferings wonder wonder wondering. .Catholicism a law of men does not sound like Christianity to me. More of a really dark place no light of the gospel .

The daily bread of our Father teaches us his will. It's the kind of food the disciples at first knew not of food both to hear and empoweri mankind to do to the pleasure of the father.
I think your purpose or aim is to shut down this thred. Because there is contradiction between this last post and posts you have written before

One topic at a time please. ;)

I don't know what Calvinism is.

But I do think it's interesting, that you do not want to discuss the osas conversation, stating it is out of context. But ok to talk of Calvinism here, as if this (Calvinism) is still in context of the subject of Hell.

No, i think it is more, to be worried of a shootout with someone like me who knows scripture well enough to prove it as false teaching. As this is based on scripture and not anything to do with what religion i am.

Yes. It is a false teaching.

It is though the words of Jesus, that it is proven false

Calvinists believe in annihilationism. That is on topic.

OSAS vs non OSAS will derail this thread for sure :). Come discuss here Non-OSAS belief - undermines the cross.

John 3:16 . . For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son,
that whosoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

The love in that passage is translated from a Greek verb that expresses compassion
for the world without particularly liking anybody. In other words: that kind of love is
civil and sympathetic but doesn't necessarily express fondness or affection.

FAQ: God in His wrath condemns folks to the fiery netherworld while at the same

time feeling pity for them?

REPLY: God forbid that He be one to obstruct justice by letting His feelings overrule

and/or outweigh the facts. No doubt God would rather be kind than cruel; but
sometimes circumstances just won't permit.
_

John 3:16 . . For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son,
that whosoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

The love in that passage is translated from a Greek verb that expresses compassion
for the world without particularly liking anybody. In other words: that kind of love is
civil and sympathetic but doesn't necessarily express fondness or affection.

FAQ: God in His wrath condemns folks to the fiery netherworld while at the same

time feeling pity for them?

REPLY: God forbid that He be one to obstruct justice by letting His feelings overrule

and/or outweigh the facts. No doubt God would rather be kind than cruel; but
sometimes circumstances just won't permit.
_
Yes, it is much easier to love someone if you like them. God hates by refusing to bless all workers of iniquity. Those he blesses are those he empowered to loves son of God Christians. Teaches us a friend loves at all times. In that way he called David a friend of God to show us true friendship. . Love

Mankind is as cruel as hell suffering to the point of death at times.

Galatians 5:15 But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another.

1 Peter 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

I think your purpose or aim is to shut down this thred. Because there is contradiction between this last post and posts you have written before
It's not my goal .What contradiction is that ?

People penned up in the fiery section of the netherworld may or may not be fully
aware of all they've lost. Many are doubtless aware of at least their loss of creature
comforts; but I'm not so sure they know about the bulk of their loss because not
even that many Christians are aware of all they've gained by their association with
Christ.

We today are living in what's sometimes called the church age; which is an era that
began with the day of Pentecost per Acts 2:1-2 wherein Christ has been busy
assembling the "my church" he spoke of in Matt 16:18.

The "my church" is very fortunate because it is a joint-heir (a.k.a. heir in common)
with God's son in his Father's estate. (Eph 1:11 and Rom 8:16 17)

A joint-heir is different than a regular heir. Regular heirs are apportioned an
individual percentage of their benefactor's estate. But joint-heirs inherit, not a
percentage, but the entire estate, as community property, i.e. whatever the Father
bequeathed His son, He bequeathed everyone associated with His son.

For example: supposing a benefactor's estate totals 60 acres of land, 18 gold bars,
plus a hedge fund worth 200,000 US Dollars; and he left it all to six heirs in
common. In that situation; the heirs are corporately one beneficiary instead of six;
viz: all six inherit all the land, all the gold, and the entire fund as if each one were
the only heir.

The extent of the Father's estate is astonishing. It encompasses not only all that is
in Heaven, but also all in the entire universe, plus whatever pertains to the new
cosmos spoken of in Isa 66:17, 2Pet 3:13, and Rev 21:1; and I don't know what
else.

John 3:35 . .The Father loves the Son, and has given all things into his hand.

John 16:15 . . All things that the Father has are mine

Point being: folks in today's era who fail to be accepted into the "my church" will
end up as miserable paupers in the afterlife, whereas those associated with God's
son will be wealthy and privileged beyond imagination.

Heb 2:5 . . It is not to angels that he has subjected the world to come.
_

Everyone in hell will be fully aware of what they have done against God.

They had thier chance to forgive others. They chose to become thier own gods.

I will not return to this thred, continous conversation about hell i find pointless.

We today are living in what's sometimes called the church age; which is an era that
began with the day of Pentecost per Acts 2:1-2 wherein Christ has been busy
assembling the "my church" he spoke of in Matt 16:18

I would offer the Bible teaches there is no suffering after death.

Its appointed for all men to die once . . . . ."deader than a door nail" for the one wage of sin . . .eternal separation never to rise to new life. .
No punishment twice. One wage not two.

The church age or age of the bride of Christ began with Abel the first apostle / martyr .

Prophets sent as apostles with the good news of Christ, He had given over the atheist Jew to do that which they should not of (kings in Israel) the abomination of desolation . . .until the time of reformation, Pentecost .

Pentecost would point to the time of reformation.(Hebrew 9) The restoring the body of Christ to the period of Judges spoken of by the apostle Joel . Therefore no longer under the government of men as mere commandments of men male prophets only. Women not allowed to participate in the ceremonies and neither the Gentiles .A gospel explosion both high walls came tumbling down . . .bringing all the nations of the world together under all things writen in the law and prophets (sola scriptura)

Acts 2: 15 For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day. But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel; And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

I will not return to this thred, continous conversation about hell i find pointless.
It was not a chance in getting saved. They continued to be thier own gods .

But the power of God that can save. We can love him because he first saved us . No need to suffer after one takes their last breath .Its an appointment all will make right on time.

The point being "not as we will" but as our heavenly father empowers us with his daily bread .

Its appointed for all men to die once . . . . ."deader than a door nail" for the one
wage of sin . . .eternal separation never to rise to new life. . No punishment twice.
One wage not two.
Your appointment with death is a consequence of Adam's conduct per
Rom 5:12-21 whereas a second death per Rev 20:11-15 is a consequence
of your own conduct. It isn't regarded as an appointment because there's
a way to avoid it.
_

Your appointment with death is a consequence of Adam's conduct per
Rom 5:12-21 whereas a second death per Rev 20:11-15 is a consequence
of your own conduct. It isn't regarded as an appointment because there's
a way to avoid it.
_

Adam violated the letter of the law death as in dying began working out the wage of sin according to the letter of the law . "Death " the end of life.

Sin separated from God was carried on to the rest of the world. The appointment was to the whole world all born separated from God by sin.

Death according to the letter of the law along with its suffering dying (hell) were cast in the fiery of God's judgement.

The letter of the law (Thou shalt not or in dying come to end). Will not be part in the new creation a law condemning mankind to death

The second death the death of death and its daily sufferings

Revelation 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Agreed. I think we all agree that those in hell deserve to be there.

The issue for me is, that many teach God will repay evil with evil. If God does that, He is evil.

That is why the OP explains that scriptures speaking to the horrors of hell, should be better interpreted. In fact, just read as they are. People add their own theories and read into scripture what is not there.

Incriminating God to the lost He loves and died for, should terrify us. I really hope all who chose option 5 in the poll revisit their view

Agreed. I think we all agree that those in hell deserve to be there.

The issue for me is, that many teach God will repay evil with evil. If God does that, He is evil.

That is why the OP explains that scriptures speaking to the horrors of hell, should be better interpreted. In fact, just read as they are. People add their own theories and read into scripture what is not there.

Incriminating God to the lost He loves and died for, should terrify us. I really hope all who chose option 5 in the poll revisit their view
I would agree God is subject to his own laws

God defines mercy. Two kinds of mercy .Mercy seasoned with grace. . . salvation .And the mercy once one takes thier last breath it is the end of the matter

James 2:13 For he shall have judgment without mercy, that hath shewed no mercy; and mercy rejoiceth against judgment.

No reason to think of life after one takes their last breath . The death of death

Does God commune with the dead (necromancy) ?

Isaiah 8:19-20 And when they shall say unto you, Seek unto them that have familiar spirits, and unto wizards that peep, and that mutter: should not a people seek unto their God? for the living to the dead? To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

Either they are cut off and they are no more returning to dust or while still alive God refused to commune with the dead accrying out the wage of sin dying.. .like Saul . .. sent him a strong delusion so he could bow down to the dust .

1 Samuel 28:14 And he said unto her, What form is he of? And she said, An old man cometh up; and he is covered with a mantle. And Saul perceived that it was Samuel, and he stooped with his face to the ground, and bowed himself.

FAQ: The Bible says that a Christian's life on earth terminates the day they come to
faith in Christ; and from then on, God no longer keeps a record of their sins. (Rom 6:3-7,
Col 3:3, and 2Cor 5:19). What about the afterlife? What's to be done about the sins
Christians commit there?

REPLY: They won't be committing any sins in the next life because of a special

circumcision performed by an act of God per Col 2:11.

* It must be very devastating when folks below find out too late about that
circumcision; and also when they find out too late about Jeremiah 31:31-34 and
Ezekiel 36:24-27 which, according to the language, would've rendered them easily
righteous enough to associate with God permanently.
_

Hell is the daily sufferings we experience living in bodies of death . . .dying fulfilling the wage of sin eternal separation .

Not for a short while to be re-judged as in double jeopardy

Not all our sufferings is caused by us .Like that of Abel the first suffering martyr. Satan the father of lires a murderer from that very beginning.. . . . The king of sufferings.. .

There is much sufferings in this world .There will be none in the next.

Death will no longer be a threat according to the letter of the law (death ) The death of death, death tossed into the fiery judgment .

There will be no retrial .The verdict is in . . . all are guilty of eternal damnation. To some he added grace to his mercy others the end of the road .

Yoked with Christ our daily sufferings the burden of hell are made lighter

Beware of the of lying wonders of hell. . . Limbo purgatory They give the illusion that the gift of grace is only given as a unknown remnant of the full cost of salvation and not the whole. They must teach only a queen of heaven received the fullness of grace according to the law of the fathers . . . "I heard it through the grapevine" oral tradition of men

Christians receive the end of salvation from the beginning . .the fullness.

2 Peter 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

In that not all oral traditions are damnable (judgeable) Just the one that pretends there is life after one takes their last breath more room for sufferings wonder, sufferings wondering

1 Corinthians 11:19 For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.

Hell is the daily sufferings we experience living in bodies of death . . .dying fulfilling the wage of sin eternal separation .

A false doctrine of demons, that completely opposes at least a dozen scriptures.

Back