Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

What to expect in hell

What to expect in hell

• Annihilation - Instant destruction

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Universalism - Suffering for a while and then united with Jesus

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Eternal torment - Limited suffering, not such a bad place, mostly pet friendly

• Eternal torment - limited suffering, a horrible environment, no pets

• Eternal torment - torturous, excruciating pain and suffering, no pets

Votes: 21 72.4%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Deut 34:5-6 . . Moses the servant of The Lord died there in the land of Moab,
according to the word of The Lord. And He buried him in the valley in the land of
Moab, opposite Beth-peor; but no man knows his burial place to this day.

A very curious scene unfolded during Moses' burial. The Devil argued with
Michael the archangel about Moses' body. (Jude 9)

It's been suggested that the Devil objected to secrecy. In other words; it's
possible that he wanted Moses' body enshrined in a sort of Church of the
Holy Sepulcher where the Jews could be lured into idolatry by adoring Moses'
remains as a sacred relic. (cf. 2Kings 18:4)

That's actually a very plausible suggestion. For example: there's a statue of the
apostle Peter in Rome whose big toe has been eroded over the years by the lips of
pilgrims kissing it.

Anyway; if the Devil would interfere with the burial of a holy man like Moses, then I
think we can safely assume he (or one of his minions) probably interferes with the
burials of ordinary folk too; and I should think the smartest way for him to interfere
is to ensure the minister comes out with nothing useful in his eulogy; but instead
with the usual mushy rhetoric by which nobody hearing it can be moved to consider
their afterlife prospects. (Just goes to show that the Devil is not above walking over
the bones of the dead to get what he wants.)
_
Another way I have looking at that is Moses is used to represent the letter of the law the instrument death .He was to strike the rock once to acknowledge the appointment to die once .

Therefore death in the new heavens and earth will not enter in the promised land .

Annihilation works the best when trying to reconcile the word dead Not more sufferings in these bodies of death after one takes thier last breath .Yoked with Christ our daily burdens are made lighter

The false idea of life in these bodies of death after they die continue to suffer is needed to develop limbo and purgatory false doctrine that do despite the fullness of the grace of God the price of salvation

Hell is shown as sufferings "unto death" not dead never to rise. Again, Yoked with Christ the daily burden of hell . . . living in a body of death yoked with him is made lighter Neither Jonah or the Son of man Jesus died during the 3 day and night demonstration living sacrifice

Dead people cannot pray neither does God speak to the dead necromancy. Unto death called suffering . By his wounds or bruised heel we are healed of our iniquities (by the letter of the law we are dead )

Jonah 2:2 Then Jonah prayed unto the Lord his God out of the fish's belly, (Sufferings of hell) And said, I cried by reason of mine affliction unto the Lord, and he heard me; out of the belly of hell cried I, and thou heardest my voice.

God doesn't hear the voice of the dead.

As the words belly of the whale applies to the suffering living sacrifice the same applies to the heart of the earth. Abel the first marty cries out from the heart of the earth in a hope of receiving a new incorruptible body.

The sign of Jonah must be mixed with the sign of the Son of man Jesus both working as one vision of the gospel It was the last sign given to wonder after .

Both parables work as one

The difference Jesus the Son of man empowered by the father did the will with delight while Jonas kicked against the pricks tried to drown and wanted to die in the end of the matter .

This shows God is not served by human hands as a will . Those who do the will of the unseen Holy Father with delight are part of the mix of the murmurers.

Philippians: 13-14 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. Do all things without murmurings ( Jonas) and disputings: (follow Jesus he did it with delight)

Matthew 12:39But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas:

Matthew 12:40For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth. The men of Nineveh shall rise in judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: because they repented at the preaching of Jonas; and, behold, a greater than Jonas is here.

The beginning of the promised three day and knight demonstration .

Matthew 26:38 Then saith he unto them, My soul is exceeding sorrowful, even "unto death) (not dead) : tarry ye here, and watch with me.

The misunderstanding of the word dead drove Jesus to weep the disciples had not understanding it was hid from them in that parable deed to those born again a deep sleep on the last day under the sun all will hear the wake up call as with lazarus dead asleep four days .

Wake up children of light receive your new incorruptible bodies

John 11:35 Jesus wept. Then said the Jews, Behold how he loved him! And some of them said, Could not this man, which opened the eyes of the blind, have caused that even this man should not have died?(Jesus still saddened at their unbelief no faith)
therefore again groaning in himself cometh to the grave. It was a cave, and a stone lay upon it.

John 11:43 And when he thus had spoken, he cried with a loud voice, Lazarus, come forth.

With Jesus the Son of man three days to represent the gospel.

Four days the father kept him from corrupting the point of no return with lazarus . . . Rise up you have work to do.

Unlike the three days, the father removed the grave clothes and rolled back the stone the end or finishing touch of the three day and night promised demonstration

They were given the stinky job of welcoming a new recruit. . brotherly love

John 11:38-39 Jesus therefore again groaning in himself cometh to the grave. It was a cave, and a stone lay upon it. Jesus said, Take ye away the stone. Martha, the sister of him that was dead, saith unto him, Lord, by this time he stinketh: for he hath been dead four days.

God prohibits dishonesty.

Lev 19:11 . . You shall not deal falsely, neither lie one to another.

I think it's probably safe to posit that more liars are now, and more liars will be, in
Hell than any other category simply because deceit, deception, fraud, hoax, fibs,
cover ups, slander, malicious gossip, propaganda, dissembling, cheating, false
impressions, pretense, scams, sophistry, double-speak, rumors, half truths, and
perjury are far more common.

Rev 21:8 . . . All liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and
brimstone, which is the second death.

Living in a world of liars below shouldn't be much different than living in a world of
liars up here so that folks who end up down there should fit right in; requiring only
minimal adjustment.
_

Ps 73:3-17 . . I was envious at the foolish, when I saw the prosperity of the
wicked. Until I went into the sanctuary of God; then understood I their end.

Matt 16:26 . . For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses
his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?

It's been my observation that many of the powerful folks controlling education,
finance, manufacturing, governance, entertainment, food production, health care,
pharmaceuticals, print media and broadcast news, etc, are quite lacking scruples,
and conduct their affairs as if they're autonomous sovereigns with no one to answer
to beyond the sphere of their existence; indifferent that the path of their success is
leading them down a road of no return.
_

One of my favorite lines from the movie TITANIC is when Mr. Ismay protests that
the ship can't sink; and Mr. Andrews responds: She's made of iron, sir! I assure
you, she can... and she will. It is a mathematical certainty.

There are folks at large all across the internet, and around the globe, sincerely
believing that Hell isn't a place of conscious suffering. They, like Mr. Ismay, will be
utterly stunned and bewildered to the limits of human astonishment to discover it's
exactly that.
_

God prohibits dishonesty.

Lev 19:11 . . You shall not deal falsely, neither lie one to another.

I think it's probably safe to posit that more liars are now, and more liars will be, in
Hell than any other category simply because deceit, deception, fraud, hoax, fibs,
cover ups, slander, malicious gossip, propaganda, dissembling, cheating, false
impressions, pretense, scams, sophistry, double-speak, rumors, half truths, and
perjury are far more common.

Rev 21:8 . . . All liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and
brimstone, which is the second death.

Living in a world of liars below shouldn't be much different than living in a world of
liars up here so that folks who end up down there should fit right in; requiring only
minimal adjustment.
_

Down where hell is a suffering not a place. Limbo?

Deut 34:5-6 . . Moses the servant of The Lord died there in the land of Moab,
according to the word of The Lord. And He buried him in the valley in the land of
Moab, opposite Beth-peor; but no man knows his burial place to this day.

A very curious scene unfolded during Moses' burial. The Devil argued with
Michael the archangel about Moses' body. (Jude 9)

It's been suggested that the Devil objected to secrecy. In other words; it's
possible that he wanted Moses' body enshrined in a sort of Church of the
Holy Sepulcher where the Jews could be lured into idolatry by adoring Moses'
remains as a sacred relic. (cf. 2Kings 18:4)

That's actually a very plausible suggestion. For example: there's a statue of the
apostle Peter in Rome whose big toe has been eroded over the years by the lips of
pilgrims kissing it.

Anyway; if the Devil would interfere with the burial of a holy man like Moses, then I
think we can safely assume he (or one of his minions) probably interferes with the
burials of ordinary folk too; and I should think the smartest way for him to interfere
is to ensure the minister comes out with nothing useful in his eulogy; but instead
with the usual mushy rhetoric by which nobody hearing it can be moved to consider
their afterlife prospects. (Just goes to show that the Devil is not above walking over
the bones of the dead to get what he wants.)
_

Moses represents the letter of the law, Death, the written word.

Moses acting as the Father Struck of the Rock Jesus in that parable. . twice .

Same kind of idea in Hebrew 6 crucify over and over to public shame. One demonstration is all that was promised it is appointed once to die .

Moses is used to represent God not seen Aaron his brother to represent Jesús the Son of man

Exodus 7:1 And the Lord said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet.

In that way the letter of the law will not be part of the new order (enter heaven) the thou sall not or you will truly die and body return to the dust

Both Genesis 3:15 and Isaiah 53 the striking of the heel as a work the father represented by Moses and Jesus the Son of man in the striking of the Rock parable it was the first part of the three day and night promised demonstration

When Jesus began suffering the pangs of hell unto death not by my will (no) power but you father the one with power to raise the dead By his wounds as a living sacrifice we are healed. In the garden of gethsemane 3 times the father put to sleep the disciples to sleep to fulfil the prophecy of the work of two

As far as the literal body no one knows and in the end it makes no differences the corrupted is dead never to rise returning to dust . Corruption does not put on the incorruptible need both new spirit that will not die and new wine skins .

Matthew 9:17 Neither do men put new wine into old bottles: else the bottles break, and the wine runneth out, and the bottles perish: but they put new wine into new bottles, and both are pres erved

In the movie "Shawshank Redemption" a man is given two life sentences for
murders he didn't commit. At first he feels very strongly that the truth will come
out that he's innocent and doesn't belong in prison: he expects to eventually be
exonerated and set free.

Well, one of the old-timers cautioned him about that with the advice: "Hope is a
dangerous thing. Hope can drive a man insane. It's no use on the inside. You'd
better get used to that idea."

I'd imagine that most new arrivals in Hell take quite a while to get used to the idea
that it is what it is, i.e. they're never getting out; their situation isn't going to
improve.

Were Hell a normal penal colony like San Quentin or Riker's Island; then I think
most folks would eventually settle down and accept it as a way of life. But the
element of fire makes adjustment very difficult. If only there was at least some
water to help folks beat the heat, that would be very helpful. And maybe recreation
and/or something to occupy their minds like reading, writing, art, and construction
projects. I really don't know how people keep from running mad with insanity from
mental atrophy down there. And where do they sit down; on top of each other?
_

In Jesus' case, mortality/immortality pertained only to his body rather than to both
his body and himself. Were that not so, then Jesus would've ceased to exist when
he expired on the cross, and in order to restore his corpse to life; it would've been
necessary to first return the man himself to existence.

Jehovah's Witnesses teach that human life is entirely physical which, for them, isn't
exactly true. They hold to something called "life force" which enables the core of
one's being to exist. The life force is versatile. It can be taken from a spirit body,
transferred to a human body, and then transferred back again to the spirit body
from whence it came.

The JW life force suggests an interesting possibility. Supposing when folks are
terminated in the lake of fire per Rev 20:11-15, their life force survives to be
transferred to a spirit body; enabling them to be perfectly suited to join the Devil
and his angels per Matt 25:41, thus keeping the lost in existence for as long as God
deems necessary to accomplish retribution for their works per Rev 20:12.
_

1Cor 15:35; But someone will say, "How are the dead raised? And with what kind of body do they come?"
1Cor 15:36; You fool! That which you sow does not come to life unless it dies;
1Cor 15:37; and that which you sow, you do not sow the body which is to be, but a bare grain, perhaps of wheat or of something else.
1Cor 15:38; But God gives it a body just as He wished, and to each of the seeds a body of its own.
1Cor 15:39; All flesh is not the same flesh, but there is one flesh of men, and another flesh of beasts, and another flesh of birds, and another of fish.
1Cor 15:40; There are also heavenly bodies and earthly bodies, but the glory of the heavenly is one, and the glory of the earthly is another.
1Cor 15:41; There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars; for star differs from star in glory.
1Cor 15:42; So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown a perishable body, it is raised an imperishable body;
1Cor 15:43; it is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power;
1Cor 15:44; it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body.
1Cor 15:45; So also it is written, "The first MAN, Adam, BECAME A LIVING SOUL." The last Adam became a life-giving spirit.
1Cor 15:46; However, the spiritual is not first, but the natural; then the spiritual.
1Cor 15:47; The first man is from the earth, earthy; the second man is from heaven.
1Cor 15:48; As is the earthy, so also are those who are earthy; and as is the heavenly, so also are those who are heavenly.
1Cor 15:49; Just as we have borne the image of the earthy, we will also bear the image of the heavenly.

Everyone gets a "spiritual" body. If you ever had a physical ( natural ) body, then you get a spiritual body.
Doesn't matter if you are a saved believer or a non-believing sinner. Everyone gets a second body.
The only difference is where you spend eternity. That second body is eternal ( imperishable ).

Given the passages about "gnashing of teeth", it's possible these bodies will even have teeth.
In Jesus's case. He still has a body ( flesh and bone at least ) and He will return "in just the same
way as He left". ( Acts 1:11; )

Our old natural bodies go back to the dust of the Earth ( unlike Jesus, who doesn't ever see decay ).
Our new "heavenly" bodies apparently get nothing from the Earth.

I know of no scripture that supports directly.. but many believe that when we get a new bodies, it will be a "prime" body. Like many people had in their late 20's and early 30's.
No infirmities, no diseases, no aches and pains. No arthritis, no tooth aches, no bad eye-sight, no bad hearing. I suppose there will be no blind, deaf, or mute people.
No lame or aged people.

However, I would be interested in any scriptures that support this.

The best I could come up with...

1Jn 3:2; Beloved, now we are children of God, and it has not appeared as yet what we will be. We know that when He appears, we will be like Him, because we will see Him just as He is.

Gen 2:7; Then the LORD God formed man of dust from the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.
Gen 3:19; By the sweat of your face You will eat bread, Till you return to the ground, Because from it you were taken; For you are dust, And to dust you shall return."
Psa 104:29; You hide Your face, they are dismayed; You take away their spirit, they expire And return to their dust.
Eccl 12:7; then the dust will return to the earth as it was, and the spirit will return to God who gave it.

If someone calls you a "dirtbag", well it appears we really are. :-)

But we are more than flesh and bones, and our Spirits don't stay in the dirt with our bodies.
However when Jesus died, it was different.

Psa 16:10; For You will not abandon my soul to Sheol; Nor will You allow Your Holy One to undergo decay.
Acts 13:34; "As for the fact that He raised Him up from the dead, no longer to return to decay, He has spoken in this way: 'I WILL GIVE YOU THE HOLY and SURE blessings OF DAVID.'
Acts 13:35; "Therefore He also says in another Psalm, 'YOU WILL NOT ALLOW YOUR HOLY ONE TO UNDERGO DECAY.'

Now, some say these passages are about David, but the Bible says....

Acts 2:27; BECAUSE YOU WILL NOT ABANDON MY SOUL TO HADES, NOR ALLOW YOUR HOLY ONE TO UNDERGO DECAY.
Acts 2:34; "For it was not David who ascended into heaven, but he himself says: 'THE LORD SAID TO MY LORD, "SIT AT MY RIGHT HAND,

There are passages that say we will eat and dine in the next life. Jesus did this after He was resurrected.

Luke 24:38; And He said to them, "Why are you troubled, and why do doubts arise in your hearts?
Luke 24:39; "See My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself; touch Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have."
Luke 24:40; And when He had said this, He showed them His hands and His feet.
Luke 24:41; While they still could not believe it because of their joy and amazement, He said to them, "Have you anything here to eat?"
Luke 24:42; They gave Him a piece of a broiled fish;
Luke 24:43; and He took it and ate it before them.

I don't know if we will have flesh and bones or not. The Bible says our bodies ( flesh and bones ) return to the dust. But Jesus's body did not.
A couple of other possible exceptions would be Elijah and Enoch, they also never died natural deaths, and it seems they were taken up to heaven ( body and all ).

terminated in the lake of fire per Rev 20:11-15, their life force survives to be
transferred to a spirit body; enabling them to be perfectly suited to join the Devil
and his angels per Matt 25:41, thus keeping the lost in existence for as long as God
The lake of fire is for the instrument of death the letter of the law . The death of death

It with the sufferings of hell dying will not rise up and condemn another creation The present things will not be remembered or ever come to mind forever and ever

In Jesus' case, mortality/immortality pertained only to his body rather than to both
his body and himself. Were that not so, then Jesus would've ceased to exist when
he expired on the cross, and in order to restore his corpse to life; it would've been
necessary to first return the man himself to existence.

Jehovah's Witnesses teach that human life is entirely physical which, for them, isn't
exactly true. They hold to something called "life force" which enables the core of
one's being to exist. The life force is versatile. It can be taken from a spirit body,
transferred to a human body, and then transferred back again to the spirit body
from whence it came.

_
'And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice,
He said, "Father, into Thy hands I commend My spirit:"
and having said thus, He gave up the ghost.'
(Luk 23:46)

Hello @Beetow,

With respect to you, this is human reasoning. The Biblical record tells us that the Lord Jesus Christ committed His spirit unto God the Father, before He, 'gave up the ghost' (Luke 23:46). The breath of life went back to God Who gave it (Eccl. 12:7). So the Lord Jesus Christ ceased to be a living soul: At that moment He died; all life was gone, His bodily functions were no longer operable. Until the spirit, or breath of life was returned to Him, He was a dead human being, a dead soul. For the soul is the whole person energised by the breath of life, or spirit.

The Lord Jesus Christ was quickened into life by the Spirit of God. His life returned unto Him again, and He was once more a living soul.

' For Christ also hath once suffered for sins,
the just for the unjust,
that He might bring us to God,
being put to death in the flesh,
but quickened by the Spirit:

By Which also He went
and preached unto the spirits in prison;
Which sometime were disobedient,
when once the longsuffering of God waited
in the days of Noah,
while the ark was a preparing,
wherein few, that is, eight souls
were saved by water.'
(1Pet. 3:18-20)

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:
One of my favorite lines from the movie TITANIC is when Mr. Ismay protests that
the ship can't sink; and Mr. Andrews responds: She's made of iron, sir! I assure
you, she can... and she will. It is a mathematical certainty.

There are folks at large all across the internet, and around the globe, sincerely
believing that Hell isn't a place of conscious suffering. They, like Mr. Ismay, will be
utterly stunned and bewildered to the limits of human astonishment to discover it's
exactly that.
_
Hello @Beetow,

With respect, the testimony of Scripture, untarnished by tradition, Greek philosophy, and the abuses of mankind generally, is clear and true. Hell is the place of the dead, be it the grave, or the fires of end time judgment, The English word chosen by the translators, which translated the Hebrew and Greek words, Sheol, Hades, Gehenna and Tartaroo, chose the middle English word Hell, because it means 'to hide away', which is what you do with a dead body. It is the place of the DEAD: and the dead know nothing, all is silent in the grave (Psalm 31:17 & Psalm 6:5). Death is the absence of life, with all that this implies: and hell is the place of the dead. The only way out of it is RESURRECTION.

' Let me not be ashamed, O LORD;
for I have called upon thee:
let the wicked be ashamed,
and let them be silent in the grave.
Let the lying lips be put to silence;
which speak grievous things
proudly and contemptuously
against the righteous.'
(Psa 31:17-18)

'Return, O LORD, deliver my soul:
oh save me for Thy mercies' sake.
For in death there is no remembrance of Thee:
in the grave who shall give Thee thanks?

(Psa 6:4-5)

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Hello @Beetow,

With respect, the testimony of Scripture, untarnished by tradition, Greek philosophy, and the abuses of mankind generally, is clear and true. Hell is the place of the dead, be it the grave, or the fires of end time judgment, The English word chosen by the translators, which translated the Hebrew and Greek words, Sheol, Hades, Gehenna and Tartaroo, chose the middle English word Hell, because it means 'to hide away', which is what you do with a dead body. It is the place of the DEAD: and the dead know nothing, all is silent in the grave (Psalm 31:17 & Psalm 6:5). Death is the absence of life, with all that this implies: and hell is the place of the dead. The only way out of it is RESURRECTION.

' Let me not be ashamed, O LORD;
for I have called upon thee:
let the wicked be ashamed,
and let them be silent in the grave.
Let the lying lips be put to silence;
which speak grievous things
proudly and contemptuously
against the righteous.'
(Psa 31:17-18)

'Return, O LORD, deliver my soul:
oh save me for Thy mercies' sake.
For in death there is no remembrance of Thee:
in the grave who shall give Thee thanks?

(Psa 6:4-5)

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris
I think there is a reason for using the two different word grave and not tomb. Tomb, used once in the old eight times in new testament .

Neither Jesus or Lazarus remained (breathable) in the tomb. Judas the field of clay never to rise . . no oxygen

Unto suffered unto death (dying) By his bruised heel strengthened by the father we are healed of a incurable plague . . death, the letter of the law.

Job 21:32 Yet shall he be brought to the grave, and shall remain in the tomb.

With respect, the testimony of Scripture, untarnished by tradition, Greek philosophy, and the abuses of mankind generally, is clear and true. Hell is the place of the dead, be it the grave,

Let me be clear here. There is NO "Greek Philosophy" in the Bible. If any scripture coincides with Greek Philosophy, so be it. But none of the Bible teachings, none of Jesus's teachings, none of the Apostles letters
contain Greek Philosophy. Remember Jesus's teachings take precedence over the old testament.

Sheol ( the grave ) contained both Hades and Abraham's Bosom ( Paradise ). Both the righteous and the wicked went to Sheol, just different parts of it.
Jesus descended to the lower parts of the Earth and set the "captives" in Abraham's Bosom free. ( Presumably taking them to heaven ).
Lazarus was on the Paradise side, the Rich man was on the Hades side. With a great chasm between them.
Some of the Prophets of the old testament descended in Sheol. Presumably the Paradise side. The word "hell" really isn't in the old testament.
King James and some of it's variants use "hell" instead of Sheol for some reason, but hell is just one side of Sheol.

Both the righteous and the wicked will be resurrected.

John 5:28; "Do not marvel at this; for an hour is coming, in which all who are in the tombs will hear His voice,
John 5:29; and will come forth; those who did the good deeds to a resurrection of life, those who committed the evil deeds to a resurrection of judgment.

That isn't Greek Philosophy,, that's Jesus's own words.

Acts 24:15; having a hope in God, which these men cherish themselves, that there shall certainly be a resurrection of both the righteous and the wicked.

That isn't Greek Philosophy, that's Paul's own words. ( Luke wrote Acts, but he is quoting Paul in that passage ).

As soon as start saying Greek Philosophy corrupted the Bible, we can start picking and choosing what parts are corrupted. We can start build our
own doctrines and toss out the parts of the Bible we think are corrupted. Basically chaos, anything goes at that point.

1Pet 1:25; BUT THE WORD OF THE LORD ENDURES FOREVER." And this is the word which was preached to you.

Rev 20:11; Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat upon it, from whose presence earth and heaven fled away, and no place was found for them.
Rev 20:12; And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and books were opened; and another book was opened, which is the book of life; and the dead were judged from the things which were written in the books, according to their deeds.
Rev 20:13; And the sea gave up the dead which were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead which were in them; and they were judged, every one of them according to their deeds.
Rev 20:14; Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire.
Rev 20:15; And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

This time will be so Holy, righteous judgment will prevail, even the heavens and the Earth will want to flee away from this, but they won't be able to.
The "dead" will be standing before the judgment throne. The sea and Hades will "give up" those who are in them. .. and everyone will be judged.
If anyone's name is not in the Book of Life ( or has been erased out of it ) they go to the Lake of Fire.

This isn't Greek Philosophy. This is the Bible, John's own words inspired by the Holy Spirit.

1Tim 6:7 . .We brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry
nothing out.

We all walk a strange path. On the one hand we have to be ready to leave this life
on a moment's notice, while on the other hand ready for a long stay, i.e. live like
there's no tomorrow, and yet live like there are years to come.

Those two dissimilar expectations balance each other so that we don't live to
extremes in either direction: always keeping in mind that as we came into this
world empty-handed we will leave it empty-handed. So everyone should be
prepared to suffer the loss of every cherished personal item in their possession that
they hold dear; along with every project and every endeavor.

When people pass away, they leave all behind, including the clothes they wore for
burial.

Personally, I like to hook my thumbs in the front pockets of my jeans while waiting
in lines and such. I prefer that to folding my arms. Some guys prefer back pockets,
but what are guys in Hell doing with no pockets for their hands?
_

Let me be clear here. There is NO "Greek Philosophy" in the Bible. If any scripture coincides with Greek Philosophy, so be it. But none of the Bible teachings, none of Jesus's teachings, none of the Apostles letters​
contain Greek Philosophy. Remember Jesus's teachings take precedence over the old testament.​
Sheol ( the grave ) contained both Hades and Abraham's Bosom ( Paradise ). Both the righteous and the wicked went to Sheol, just different parts of it.​
Jesus descended to the lower parts of the Earth and set the "captives" in Abraham's Bosom free. ( Presumably taking them to heaven ).​
Lazarus was on the Paradise side, the Rich man was on the Hades side. With a great chasm between them.​
Some of the Prophets of the old testament descended in Sheol. Presumably the Paradise side. The word "hell" really isn't in the old testament.​
King James and some of it's variants use "hell" instead of Sheol for some reason, but hell is just one side of Sheol.​
Both the righteous and the wicked will be resurrected.​
John 5:28; "Do not marvel at this; for an hour is coming, in which all who are in the tombs will hear His voice,
John 5:29; and will come forth; those who did the good deeds to a resurrection of life, those who committed the evil deeds to a resurrection of judgment.
That isn't Greek Philosophy,, that's Jesus's own words.​
Acts 24:15; having a hope in God, which these men cherish themselves, that there shall certainly be a resurrection of both the righteous and the wicked.​
That isn't Greek Philosophy, that's Paul's own words. ( Luke wrote Acts, but he is quoting Paul in that passage ).​
As soon as start saying Greek Philosophy corrupted the Bible, we can start picking and choosing what parts are corrupted. We can start build our​
own doctrines and toss out the parts of the Bible we think are corrupted. Basically chaos, anything goes at that point.​
1Pet 1:25; BUT THE WORD OF THE LORD ENDURES FOREVER." And this is the word which was preached to you.​

' The words of the LORD are pure words:
as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
Thou shalt keep them, O LORD,
Thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.'
(Psa 12:6-7)

Hello @B-A-C.

* I have not suggested that Greek Philosophy has any part in the Scriptures themselves. However Man's perception of the word Hell and it's meaning is influenced by tradition, by Greek philosophy and other influences imposed upon it.

* The words of the Lord Jesus Christ do not take precedence over the Old Testament Scriptures, but are a confirmation of them. All is of God.

* Abraham's bosom, came with the Israelites from Babylon following their time of captivity, and was incorporated into Pharisaic teaching, it is not Scriptural.

Please read what I have actually written before you respond in future. :)

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Back