Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

What to expect in hell

What to expect in hell

• Annihilation - Instant destruction

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Universalism - Suffering for a while and then united with Jesus

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Eternal torment - Limited suffering, not such a bad place, mostly pet friendly

• Eternal torment - limited suffering, a horrible environment, no pets

• Eternal torment - torturous, excruciating pain and suffering, no pets

Votes: 21 72.4%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Errata:

Post No.119 quotes Jesus from Luke 23:13 when it should be 23:43
_

A forgiven sinner is still sinful, and they'll go right on sinning same as before and
thus needing forgiveness again and again ad infinitum.

Gen 6:5 . .The Lord saw how great man's wickedness on the earth had become,
and that every inclination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil all the time.

Gen 8:21 . . Man's thoughts and actions are bent toward evil from childhood.

Jer 13:23 . . Can the Ethiopian change his skin or the leopard its spots? Then may
you also do good who are accustomed to do evil.

Well; in light of the passages above, it's certainly no surprise to me that people
need to upgrade the very core of their being so that they would, by nature, be the
children of Heaven rather than the children of Hell that they are now.

John 3:7 . . You should not be surprised at my saying you must be born again.
_

The reservoir of burning sulfur depicted at Rev 20:10-15 is not only a rack but also
a gallows. The reservoir is primarily an instrument for carrying out death sentences
rather than life sentences.

A death sentence-- although a sentence with lasting effects --isn't perpetual; it's
momentary. In other words: criminals are subjected to execution only long enough
to end their lives.

The primary reason we call the second death "eternal" is because it's permanent;
viz: according to Dan 12:2 and John 5:28-29 there's only one resurrection allotted
per person. Therefore nobody is coming back from the second death because they
will have used up their one resurrection to stand and face justice at the Great White
Throne event.

NOTE: People walk away alive from the fire spoken of at 1Cor 3:5-15. Nobody

walks away alive from the fire spoken of at Rev 20:10-15.
_

I was just reading the Revelation 20 passage -- where do you get the racks and gallows from.
And now days a death sentence is not carried out immediately-- it can take years before getting carried out.

Going to Revelation 20: 13 - 14 those who were in Death and Hades are judged each one according to their works and the cast into the lake of fire. The dead were raised the first time and it will take place again and for all eternity.

The reservoir of burning sulfur depicted at Rev 20:10-15 is not only a rack but also
a gallows. The reservoir is primarily an instrument for carrying out death sentences
rather than life sentences.

A death sentence-- although a sentence with lasting effects --isn't perpetual; it's
momentary. In other words: criminals are subjected to execution only long enough
to end their lives.

The primary reason we call the second death "eternal" is because it's permanent;
viz: according to Dan 12:2 and John 5:28-29 there's only one resurrection allotted
per person. Therefore nobody is coming back from the second death because they
will have used up their one resurrection to stand and face justice at the Great White
Throne event.

NOTE: People walk away alive from the fire spoken of at 1Cor 3:5-15. Nobody

walks away alive from the fire spoken of at Rev 20:10-15.
_
Why you did not bring in the equation of The The death of Lazarus "LAZARUS COME FORTH" I Am The Resurrection , all Though he was dead and He Stunk for 4 days, and The There was "the daughter of Jairus", and The widows, Boy the son of women in A funeral Sessions going down the road.

Your QUOTE:
"Therefore nobody is coming back from the second death because they
will have used up their one resurrection to stand and face justice at the Great White [ maybe you could have said that a better way]
Throne event." The Great Throne is "THE JUDGEMENT" you already been "CONDEMN" :eyes:

and what may we then do about these "Proclamtions"
"The raising of the son of the woman of Shunem by Elisha"

"Jesus replied, “Go back and report to John whatyou hear and see: 5The blind receive sight, the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, the deaf hear, THE DEAD ARE RAISED, and the good news is preached to the poor.…"

and

1. Tabitha
2.Eutychus
3. Dorcus

And those who have not been recorded, But comes under, this umbrella:

HE gave them A command like he gives The SUN and The moon, and The wind. A "COMMAND from HIS DEITY"and Not from His HUMANITY" GOD SPOKE and THE WINDS and The SEAs Obey.

The Ministry of the Twelve
…7As you go, preach this message: ‘The kingdom of heaven is near.’ 8Heal the sick, RAISE THE DEAD, Cleanse the lepers, drive out demons.Freely you have received; freely give"

Now how many times they will be raise from the dead. resurrection is not a think or a event! The Resurrection IS "THE SON OF THE LIVING GOD" but people still do not get it and they are walking in the Spirit and still talking and thinking like a normal man.:pensive:

I got GOOD NEWS for ALL< ACCORDING by The MOUTH of "Jesus Christ", He declared "I AM THE RESURRECTION" all have been Created in ME!
I finite Mind cannot Comprehend that which is
Incomprehensible to The FINITE Mind, The finite Cannot apprehend that which "infinite" That kind of Mind has Not "THE ABILITY" to do so.:pensive: In other words, The Human words cannot even express the Thought.

PloughBoy
PS
how can anyone think he knows of that which Lies in "ETERNITY" How can any explain The death that Lives beyond The FARTHEST of the FARTHEST HORIZONS? Where is, no "Creations" neither Darkness of Light.:pensive:

I am PloughBoy. And the Lord has Told me, to Plow deep!:pensive: and the Funny Thing, This is only Shallow.

where do you get the racks and gallows from.

* Rack is singular in post No.124

Webster's defines rack as 1) an instrument of torture on which a body is stretched,
and 2) a cause of anguish or pain: acute suffering

Webster's defines gallows as: 1) a frame usually of two upright posts and a
transverse beam from which criminals are hanged, and 2) the punishment of
hanging

In my own personal estimation: both those words are excellent figures of speech for
hinting what's ahead for some folks should they end up on the wrong side of things.
_

@Beetow I'm aware of what a rack and gallows are and for.

So they are your personal ideas. Why not stick with what the Bible says. As in total darkness, lake of fire and brimstone , nashing of teeth, once a person realizes that their friends are there but there will be no socializing with them they will want out but are stuck there forever.
Why hint about it when it's there for everyone to read-- including you.

Why not stick with what the Bible says.
During my 25+ years of activity on more than forty different forums, I've noticed
that most Christians are pretty good at knowing what the Bible says; while quite
poor at knowing what it teaches.
_

Human existence on earth is a composite of body, soul, and spirit. (Gen 2:7, 1Thes
5:23, Heb 4:12)

The body and the soul are readily destroyed by means of Hell fire (Matt 10:28) but
I have yet to come across a passage in the Bible teaching that the spirit is
destroyed by that means; or by any means for that matter.

In what condition people will exist in the lake of brimstone depicted at Rev 20:11-
-15 minus a body and a soul I don't know. It might be that the human spirit is
transferable.

What if God is able to move people's spirit around at will and attach it to a body
and soul other than a human body and soul; say, the body and soul of a demonic
being? The very thought of such a possibility is disturbing.

Ecc 12:7 . . Then the dust returns to the earth just as it happened to be and the
spirit itself returns to God who gave it.

The million-dollar question is: What comes next for people's spirit when it gets back
in God's hands?
_

What makes you think anyone's spirit goes back in God's hands .

In eternity God comes to dwell amongst born-again believers. All non- believers will be in hell forever.

The book of Ecclesiastics is a confusing book. It's written by the Preacher.from an attitude of gloom and doom.

What I Do know is that at the time of the rapture , the bodies of dead believers will rise and receive glorified bodies like Jesus Christ has now.

Your "what if " is a mute situation.
Your question as to the condition of the body when I n the lake of fire. The person will be aware of their surroundings.
Maybe a person should be more concerned about how to avoid hell and make sure of heaven for their eternal home.

Beetow what is the difference between reading the Bible and knowing what it says. Don't they go hand in hand?

Lazarus, the widow's boy, the son of a woman in a funeral, the son of the woman of
Shunem, the dead are raised, and 1.Tabitha, 2.Eutychus, and 3.Dorcus, and Jesus'
commission to raise the dead.
The one resurrection allotted per person about which I commented in post No.124
is relative to Dan 12:2 and John 5:28-29
_

POSIT: I'm special; God understands me. Although He probably may not let others
off; I'm sure God will make an exception for me because I'm not like other people;
I'm different.

REPLY: Unfortunately, the Bible's God can't do that. If He were to make exceptions,

God would be neither equitable, nor honest-- and worse, it would go against His
grain, compromise His integrity, sin against His conscience; and cause Him to lose
the world's respect.

No, God doesn't grade on a curve: everyone is treated equally in God's courtroom.
In a system of divine absolutes; there is neither a curve nor an exception: nobody
gets any favors, nobody is special, and nobody is a protected species.

Deut 10:17 . . Jehovah shows no partiality and accepts no bribes.

Acts 10:34 . .Then Peter began to speak: I now realize how true it is that God is
impartial.

Rom 2:5-11 . . For there is coming a day of judgment when God, the just judge
of all the world, will judge all people according to what they have done. He will give
eternal life to those who persist in doing what is good, seeking after the glory and
honor and immortality that God offers.

. . . But he will pour out his anger and wrath on those who live for themselves, who
refuse to obey the truth; and practice evil deeds. There will be anguish and
calamity for everyone who practices evil-- for the Jew first and also for the Gentile.
But there will be glory and honor and peace from God for all practice good --for the
Jew first and also for the Gentile. For God does not show favoritism.
_

The rich man spoken of in Luke 16:19-31 addressed Abraham as "father" and he in
turn addressed the man as "son"

Well; seeing as how Moses and the Prophets (Luke 16:29) didn't exist till many
years after Abraham's day, then I think we're safe to assume the rich man is one of
Abraham's grandchildren.

I have two grandsons. I'm not sure how well I will cope should either of them end
up in the wrong place.

NOTE: As of Jan 04, 2023, one person passes away in the USA every ten seconds;

amounting to 8,640 deaths of all ages, races, and genders in twenty-four hours.

According to 2009 US Census data; roughly 27.3% of America's daily deaths were
under the age of 19, which would indicate that approximately 6,281 of the current
daily death rate per twenty-four hours are adults.

According to Matt 7:13-14 and Matt 22:217, the majority of those adults don't
make it to safety when they pass on. Even allowing a minimum majority of 51%
indicates 3,203 adults enter the wrong side of the netherworld every day;
something like 133 every sixty minutes on the clock. Were we to extend those 3,203
adults out to a year, the tally would be 1,169,095.

I once commented to a Christian friend that by the time the great white throne
event comes around, there will be billions of people awaiting their turn to face
justice; and I was curious how God would ever get around to all of them. My
friend remarked: Well, God has plenty of time.

He will need it too. Even if each of those 1,169,095 adults require only a half hour
each, we're looking at 66+ years in court just for them.
_

@Beetow -- "assuming" something doesn't make it accurate. Abraham is the "Father " of all who are believers. Abraham believed in God and it was accounted unto him as righteousness. And in vs 27 the rich man asked that someone would go to his father's house and warn his brothers about their lived and eternity. So the rich man knew that Abraham was not his real father. And thr term 'son' was being used in a generic way.

Also there is no "netherworld". A person is either with Jesus Christ or in Hades which is where the rich man was and is waiting for lake of fire and brimstone forever.

And a person Can know for certain where he or she will spend eternity. Its a personal choice.

I once commented to a Christian friend that by the time the great white throne
event comes around, there will be billions of people awaiting their turn to face
justice; and I was curious how God would ever get around to all of them. My
friend remarked: Well, God has plenty of time.
I don't know for sure how many people transfer daily to the wrong side of the
netherworld, nor do I know who they are. But I'm pretty confident that people do
go there, and the arrivals never cease-- they keep flowing in there like a perpetual
water wheel: flap, flap, flap, flap, flap, every second, every minute, every hour,
every day, and every year: year after year; the fresh meat just keeps on a-comin'.
_

Back